hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

jenboghel01 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Another vlog where cullen acted stoned at the beginning. He claimed he was tired. Very distracted driving his eyes were hardly on the road and he was even dabbing.
I doubt he was stoned. He acts like that all the time in the car..
Not this crap again. Can we find something else to talk crap about. I believe he was tired, he acts that way in the car and not in the car.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
jenboghel01 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Another vlog where cullen acted stoned at the beginning. He claimed he was tired. Very distracted driving his eyes were hardly on the road and he was even dabbing.
Not this crap again. Can we find something else to talk crap about. I believe he was tired, he acts that way in the car and not in the car.
I think they read these messages and is Cullen perhaps taunting with these messages with this tired look. A better question, why is he so tired.

Is it that warm in Alabama to be wearing shorts and sandals?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:Well, Katie doesn't seem to enjoy cleaning house like some people do. I see Cullen doing a lot more cleaning than Katie, though Katie takes pride in doing the laundry. Before Gaines was mobile, C&K didn't seem to give much thought to their home. Mail could easily collect on the counter for months, it doesn't rattle her. Surely her mother had help, why shouldn't Katie have it? Unlike Bonnie and Ellie, Katie doesn't seemed to have been groomed to clean house. She'll have enough to do picking up from day to day. Is it really unusual to have cleaners in different regions of the country? It is a fairly standard practice in Southern California if you can afford it.
Agreed. I grew up in So Cal and for as long as I can remember, my mom had maids/house cleaners come every two weeks (still does.) Some people have them every week. I think the difference is some people think of maids as a person who is always in the house and waits on the family constantly. Honestly, even with maids, my room was never clean. For a good part of my teenage years, I would just close the door to my room and not even let the maid in. My mother always has the house clean and probably because of my rebellious nature, I never do. My philosophy is that people know you live in the house, no point in making it look just for show.
No one enjoys cleaning, but we do enjoy a clean home. The skill level in cleaning is not very high with dusting, picking up junk etc. so none of us are groom to clean, we just do it since it keeps us healthy, better maintenance of your investment/home and more organized. A maid coming in every two weeks would still require a person to clean their home...even a weekly maid would require a homeowner to dust and clean bathrooms etc. between their visits. So while it is a nice service to have, it still requires you to care for your home.

They are providing a form of entertainment through vlogging and I would argue to find their clutter or questionable clean home unappealing to watch. The other factor is two parents home have more than enough time to clean, but it doesn't seem to be on their radar. There house look terrible today, but Katie is sick...so I get that she isn't well to clean and Cullen seem busy doing errands.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
marshmellow wrote:That was a nice clickbait. :(
I just automatically figured it was. Whenever someone shows a pregnancy test, or says "Is she pregnant?", she (whoever "she" may be) never is.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Their views for those two days were well above their average so for the cost of the pregnancy test, it paid for itself. I only think you can do these type of clickbait so often before losing creditability.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

angelfire89 wrote:Maybe because I have like days of watching YouTube and then go like a week or so without but I never depend on my "subscription feed." When I want to watch, I just watch each channel individually (like right now i'm watching the last week of Bonnie's videos.)

So all this complaining about videos not showing in sub boxes kinda confuses me. If you know you're watching a daily vlogger and you don't see a video after their normal time, just go to their channel right? Or am I doing something crazy?
There must be really something to do that people go and watch their videos with reminders since all of them are saying there is a problem with YouTube being unsubscribed or no notification. Views=income
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
jenboghel01 wrote:
Not saying anything about him being high or not, but the way he vlogs and drives scares the crap out of me. He'll drive on the freeway, obviously not watching the road well, and not really holding the steering wheel. Nothing, absolutely nothing he has to say is so important that he can't wait to stop and say it. Especially now with the bigger Suburban-- he could run someone off the road. Plus, distracted driving is illegal. I'm sure that if it's illegal to text and drive, it must be to vlog and drive too.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Blame the Mailman Part 7

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I wonder how many people saying C&Ks house is messy currently live with children under the age of 3. Toddlers tend to be tornados. They love a good mess! You can clean up all day, and somehow the house will still be a mess.

I'd rather have a home that is a bit cluttered and lived in (but clean), than one that is cold, sterile and unwelcoming. I'd be more likely to spend time comfortably at a home like B&Ms than C&Ks, than I ever would E&Js. If my children spilled their juice at C&Ks house I'd feel awful but not like I'd offended them, Ellie's house on the other hand... I'd be afraid to even risk juice!

The house looks cluttered because they all spend most of their time on the main floor. Sure they could have MG keep her toys on her room and play there, but she's still only two, and wants to be (and should be!) with her mom, dad and brother.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:I think they read these messages and is Cullen perhaps taunting with these messages with this tired look. A better question, why is he so tired.
Because a vloggers life is hard dincha know! It takes three hundred and twenty nine and a half hours to edit. Every. Single. Vlog. It's literally a miracle Cullen is able to get himself outta bed and into the car. And don't get me started on talking about if daily vloggers have time to clean house. Of course they don't. Vlogging is just too damn hard already.

I mean, a vloggers life is so damn exhausting I've a mind to contact the United Nations and ask them to intervene. Coz at this stage I'm pretty sure vlogging is contravening human rights and the right to a family/family life. Slave labor I tells ya. Don't worry Cullen, I'ma comin, help is on the way. Those hectic weeks of social-event-filled gatherings Katie was going on about th'other day will soon be a thing of the past.
#Sarcasm
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Personally I feel like we don't see the mess in Ellie and Jared's place because it's a bigger space and the same for the Bumps as well. They have a larger floor plan where if one area is messy, we would never know. This is also because all vloggers seem to vlog in the same area of the house or vlog outside.

I think a huge part of the messiness is because Cullen and Katie have seriously outgrown the space. They need to declutter and pick up stuff but it seems like such a small space. Just a couple of toys laid out and it looks messy. (However I do think their staircase is a hot mess). But it seems to me that their living/main area has become too small to hold two dogs, 2 adults, Gaines and all of her toys and Brooks with all of his baby stuff.

It's messy but a not a nasty messy in my opinion.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Personally I feel like we don't see the mess in Ellie and Jared's place because it's a bigger space and the same for the Bumps as well. They have a larger floor plan where if one area is messy, we would never know. This is also because all vloggers seem to vlog in the same area of the house or vlog outside.

I think a huge part of the messiness is because Cullen and Katie have seriously outgrown the space. They need to declutter and pick up stuff but it seems like such a small space. Just a couple of toys laid out and it looks messy. (However I do think their staircase is a hot mess). But it seems to me that their living/main area has become too small to hold two dogs, 2 adults, Gaines and all of her toys and Brooks with all of his baby stuff.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
marshmellow wrote:That was a nice clickbait. :(
I just automatically figured it was. Whenever someone shows a pregnancy test, or says "Is she pregnant?", she (whoever "she" may be) never is.

Their views for those two days were well above their average so for the cost of the pregnancy test, it paid for itself. I only think you can do these type of clickbait so often before losing creditability.
Yes! Slyfox got a few views out of me with their clickbait but now i refuse to watch them because they cried wolf too many times lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

daisy1000 wrote:Personally I feel like we don't see the mess in Ellie and Jared's place because it's a bigger space and the same for the Bumps as well. They have a larger floor plan where if one area is messy, we would never know. This is also because all vloggers seem to vlog in the same area of the house or vlog outside.

Ollie's playroom always looks like a toy store threw up. They don't even have him pick up his toys. They just close the door. They'll leave dishes in the sink, which I haven't noticed at C&K's.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:I think they read these messages and is Cullen perhaps taunting with these messages with this tired look. A better question, why is he so tired.
Because a vloggers life is hard dincha know! It takes three hundred and twenty nine and a half hours to edit. Every. Single. Vlog. It's literally a miracle Cullen is able to get himself outta bed and into the car. And don't get me started on talking about if daily vloggers have time to clean house. Of course they don't. Vlogging is just too damn hard already.

I mean, a vloggers life is so damn exhausting I've a mind to contact the United Nations and ask them to intervene. Coz at this stage I'm pretty sure vlogging is contravening human rights and the right to a family/family life. Slave labor I tells ya. Don't worry Cullen, I'ma comin, help is on the way. Those hectic weeks of social-event-filled gatherings Katie was going on about th'other day will soon be a thing of the past.
#Sarcasm
I like the sarcasm:)

When Katie was returning to work she went on about how Cullen wouldn't get up and out of bed till 10 a.m. which he denied, but I think she is right. He appears lazy. Task around the C&K house are let go even with the help of an organizer for both upstair closets and kitchen cabinets...they don't appear to be following this advice. Jared, staying on the positive YouTube message with life, tells us how exhausted he is at the end of a vlog after a wonderful day helping everyone in the world. Ellie is making miserable all those who provide services for her, so she is too busy to be tired. Bonnie kid's are in pajamas half their life since it is less wash, kids fend for themselves eating breakfast standing at the counter and Joel quits his job since fives or really three day a week vlogging for Bonnie was too much with Joel saying "its a lot more work than one person can do and a 24/7 job. How he can say this after working at his previous job is beyond reasoning. Now Joel looks ridiculously tired if he doesn't get an afternoon nap and oddly more tired now than when he worked full-time on off shifts. I don't follow Daily Bumps, but do Missy's parents work for them? Matt, Jared's brother, appears to be no longer working other than YouTube with less than fifty thousand subscribers, things have to be tight, but it appears he want Jared's life vs a solid job working nine to five. Ruby has her kids cook and clean since I think she said it builds character and "learning to love to work." Not all of the kids agreed with this love of work.

This says to me that these are not typical American families.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I wonder how many people saying C&Ks house is messy currently live with children under the age of 3. Toddlers tend to be tornados. They love a good mess! You can clean up all day, and somehow the house will still be a mess.

I'd rather have a home that is a bit cluttered and lived in (but clean), than one that is cold, sterile and unwelcoming. I'd be more likely to spend time comfortably at a home like B&Ms than C&Ks, than I ever would E&Js. If my children spilled their juice at C&Ks house I'd feel awful but not like I'd offended them, Ellie's house on the other hand... I'd be afraid to even risk juice!

The house looks cluttered because they all spend most of their time on the main floor. Sure they could have MG keep her toys on her room and play there, but she's still only two, and wants to be (and should be!) with her mom, dad and brother.
So would you rather live in Cullen and Katie's house vs Bonnie's beautiful clean uncluttered home with Joel's well kept backyard? I had several toddlers and my house looked like Bonnie's house which is my favorite home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I wonder how many people saying C&Ks house is messy currently live with children under the age of 3. Toddlers tend to be tornados. They love a good mess! You can clean up all day, and somehow the house will still be a mess.

So would you rather live in Cullen and Katie's house vs Bonnie's beautiful clean uncluttered home with Joel's well kept backyard? I had several toddlers and my house looked like Bonnie's house which is my favorite home.

lexlex11
Talker
Talker

Unread post by lexlex11 »

Is Cullen trying to get the "toy channel" views? I've noticed so many of his recent thumbnails have been about toys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Katie speaks to their house being a disaster and laundry today. It seems strange they would read this board where there isn't the positive comments/reviews compared to their channel comments. I guess I hope they aren't reading this board for several reasons. A big negative with putting your life out on YouTube is the responses in regards to your life, home and values. It isn't worth it and the traditional jobs wins.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:

Actually, I can answer that easy! My house and yard are of a very similar style to Bonnie's. The yard is well manicured like Bonnie's because I take care to keep it that way. It's my relaxing peaceful oasis away from the chaos I cannot control inside my home. Inside looks like a bomb went off whenever the toddler is awake. He learns through play, so I met him take over the house. The playroom is on a different floor, and I need to be able to supervise him. Bonnie's kids are a bit older, so their toys are kept to the basement. With a 2 year old you can't do that. This means the clutter is evident to anyone that stops by. Even though my house is actually clean, and the toys get picked up at the end of the night, if I vlogged, my home would seem more like C&Ks inside, and a lot less like Bonnie's. I'm ok with it. Who am I trying to impress? ::shrugs::

I also agree with whoever said it's easier to keep your house clean when you aren't home all day.... yes! When I do leave early it's before my son has had a chance to get started playing. The house stays clean and tidy all day. No snack or lunch dishes, toys out, etc. The house is much cleaner by the end of the day.

There's also one key difference between Bonnie's house and C&Ks.... pets. I will always have a home with pets, and if having an immaculate home means needing to be pet free, then I'd rather live in chaos!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:

Actually, I can answer that easy! My house and yard are of a very similar style to Bonnie's. The yard is well manicured like Bonnie's because I take care to keep it that way. It's my relaxing peaceful oasis away from the chaos I cannot control inside my home. Inside looks like a bomb went off whenever the toddler is awake. He learns through play, so I met him take over the house. The playroom is on a different floor, and I need to be able to supervise him. Bonnie's kids are a bit older, so their toys are kept to the basement. With a 2 year old you can't do that. This means the clutter is evident to anyone that stops by. Even though my house is actually clean, and the toys get picked up at the end of the night, if I vlogged, my home would seem more like C&Ks inside, and a lot less like Bonnie's. I'm ok with it. Who am I trying to impress? ::shrugs::

I also agree with whoever said it's easier to keep your house clean when you aren't home all day.... yes! When I do leave early it's before my son has had a chance to get started playing. The house stays clean and tidy all day. No snack or lunch dishes, toys out, etc. The house is much cleaner by the end of the day.

There's also one key difference between Bonnie's house and C&Ks.... pets. I will always have a home with pets, and if having an immaculate home means needing to be pet free, then I'd rather live in chaos!
ellay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ellay »

While Katie's mom may have said that she is guilty of being messy sometimes, she is the one who got Cullen and Katie a professional cleaner to help them learn how to clean and keep things organised (didn't last). So I guess Grand Aly knows...

And I agree with the person who said their walls are too dark. It makes the house look ten times smaller and they don't necessarily have great decorating skills. I don't know if it's a southern style but they have bulky furniture like that giant dinner table that takes the whole room in the dining area plus a cat tree right next to it, which is not very hygienic but since they never even eat in there I guess it's oK.

Their car is just as messy as their house but at least they washed it and said they would keep it clean until Christmas. Growing up my dad always had super expensive cars and we were not allowed to eat or drink anything inside (even my mom) and it was really annoying as a kid. But as a grown up, I see my car all clean and spotless and I understand them now. I don't know how to explain it, I just feel better when there's no mess, or crumbs or whatever, it just makes me enjoy the ride more.

Anyways, I guess my point is that we were all raised differently and had different role models and no one is going to agree on that subject. Especially since people whose houses are like C&K might feel personally offended by the critics, which I can understand.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”