Lol it's really unfortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: Part 19

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

That's a nice song she was singing with the kids. A four year old singing "you do things to my body".. Really Britney?
Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:That's a nice song she was singing with the kids. A four year old singing "you do things to my body".. Really Britney?
I was thinking the same thing. Yikes.

Jwhite_momof4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jwhite_momof4 »

Lovehound11 wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:That's a nice song she was singing with the kids. A four year old singing "you do things to my body".. Really Britney?

Come on, guys. The kids don't know what that means, it's just a song. What, is she only supposed to listen to goofy kid songs when the kids are around?
I listen to the radio and popular music all the time with my kids (ages 11, 9, 6 and 3 mos) and they know the words and sing along to a lot of them. Who cares....it's not like they are analyzing the lyrics and asking questions about what they mean.

I enjoy this site and agree with a lot of the things that are bitched about here but I think sometimes you guys are just reaching a little too far. Just like in the Jess thread bitching about her letting Lilia go to bed with wet hair.....now this. It's just kinda eye-roll worthy.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
Mamax1215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamax1215 »

I was thinking the same thing, it surprised me she let them listen to that and know the words lol
Ripley
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ripley »

Jwhite_momof4 wrote:
Lovehound11 wrote:
Come on, guys. The kids don't know what that means, it's just a song. What, is she only supposed to listen to goofy kid songs when the kids are around?
I listen to the radio and popular music all the time with my kids (ages 11, 9, 6 and 3 mos) and they know the words and sing along to a lot of them. Who cares....it's not like they are analyzing the lyrics and asking questions about what they mean.

I enjoy this site and agree with a lot of the things that are bitched about here but I think sometimes you guys are just reaching a little too far. Just like in the Jess thread bitching about her letting Lilia go to bed with wet hair.....now this. It's just kinda eye-roll worthy.

i pressed the "thank-you" button in error. I hate that. I completely disagree. I dont let my almost 5 year old listen to inappropriate lyrics. Even though he doesnt understand the meaning of them now, it is essentially giving him permission to use those words when he is older and DOES understand them. I also think it is just in poor taste to let your preschooler sing about people doing things to their body.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

I heard songs like this when I was little and I turned out perfectly fine. I knew the lyrics yes but I never really truly anazlyzed them until I was about 16, i just enjoyed the songs and realized later on that they were "dirty" because I was far too little to really understand them.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

I grew up listening to my moms music. I don't do the same with my kids. My kids are 2 and 4.
I guess it's just a personal choice. I don't want them reciting the lyrics even if they don't know what they mean. we listen to "nursery rhyme" Radio anytime we have music going in the car. My kids enjoy it so much more than my music anyway.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Jwhite_momof4 wrote:
Lovehound11 wrote:

I would never let my daughter walk around singing "you do things to my body". I don't care if she doesn't know what it means. There are plenty of nonsexual songs she can listen to around the kids. Seriously gross.

My mom played sublime when I was little and one day I sang a line that said "shit" or something and she stopped playing it around me until I was older.

Gossip is petty so I have no idea why you would join a forum you think is eye roll worthy.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

blackroses wrote:I heard songs like this when I was little and I turned out perfectly fine. I knew the lyrics yes but I never really truly anazlyzed them until I was about 16, i just enjoyed the songs and realized later on that they were "dirty" because I was far too little to really understand them.

Music wise, my first CD was Green Day's American Idiot when I turned... Eight. I think. Because I always listened to the pop music station and I really like Boulvard of Broken Dreams... I got Bowling for Soup's "A Hangover You Don't Deserve" that some birthday.

One of the first movie nights we had when I was little was Austin Powers and I loved that movie then and now. I also used to watch Titanic and Forrest Gump on permanent loop for about three months in first grade... Along with a lot of horror movies and sci-fi just because that's what my parents were into.

Chances are, Aria's growing up with other kids who are listening to the same music. We have a family friend who charperoned a field trip for her then six-year-old and all her classmates on the bus wanted to listen to "Apple Bottom Jeans." They're kids and don't see this shit as sexual or wrong they just like the music because it's fun to dance to.

But then again, I did grow up to build a meth lab in the back of a moving truck so I might not be the best example.
sadie
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sadie »

OhHiImSam wrote:
blackroses wrote:I heard songs like this when I was little and I turned out perfectly fine. I knew the lyrics yes but I never really truly anazlyzed them until I was about 16, i just enjoyed the songs and realized later on that they were "dirty" because I was far too little to really understand them.

But then again, I did grow up to build a meth lab in the back of a moving truck so I might not be the best example.
I'm not sure what your saying here but it cracked me up lol
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

OhHiImSam wrote:

Music wise, my first CD was Green Day's American Idiot when I turned... Eight. I think. Because I always listened to the pop music station and I really like Boulvard of Broken Dreams... I got Bowling for Soup's "A Hangover You Don't Deserve" that some birthday.

One of the first movie nights we had when I was little was Austin Powers and I loved that movie then and now. I also used to watch Titanic and Forrest Gump on permanent loop for about three months in first grade... Along with a lot of horror movies and sci-fi just because that's what my parents were into.

Chances are, Aria's growing up with other kids who are listening to the same music. We have a family friend who charperoned a field trip for her then six-year-old and all her classmates on the bus wanted to listen to "Apple Bottom Jeans." They're kids and don't see this shit as sexual or wrong they just like the music because it's fun to dance to.

Crystal blue persuasionnnnnn.....

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

sadie wrote:
OhHiImSam wrote:

What I'm saying is that just because the song has suggestive lyrics doesn't mean it will have terrible adverse effects on how Aria will turn out and whether or not Britney's a terrible mother. It's a song.
Jwhite_momof4
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Jwhite_momof4 »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
Jwhite_momof4 wrote:
Lovehound11 wrote: I was thinking the same thing. Yikes.

I would never let my daughter walk around singing "you do things to my body". I don't care if she doesn't know what it means. There are plenty of nonsexual songs she can listen to around the kids. Seriously gross.

My mom played sublime when I was little and one day I sang a line that said "shit" or something and she stopped playing it around me until I was older.

Gossip is petty so I have no idea why you would join a forum you think is eye roll worthy.
I did not say the FORUM is eye-roll worthy. I said those particular comments are.

Lovehound11
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovehound11 »

Guess I'm weird for being creeped out singing "you do things to my body"

My friends 4 year old loves Work from Home by Fifth Harmony. Totally don't think it's appropriate for her to be singing that song. I must be old fashioned

future_wifey
Talker
Talker

Unread post by future_wifey »

Honestly, I don't think any songs on the radio are appropriate for children. But at the same time, I don't think Aria is old enough to know what she's even saying. I personally don't see it as that big of a deal, but I definitely understand why others think it is.

Jedoc1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jedoc1 »

OhHiImSam wrote:
sadie wrote:
OhHiImSam wrote:
What I'm saying is that just because the song has suggestive lyrics doesn't mean it will have terrible adverse effects on how Aria will turn out and whether or not Britney's a terrible mother. It's a song.
My mom bought me a D12 album for my 9th birthday lolol *hides weed plants* *triggered*

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Return to “Britneyandbaby”