DailyFinleyPotter&TheDursleys (Part 77)

coriann1911
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFinleyPotter&TheDursleys (Part 77)

Unread post by coriann1911 »

ellay wrote:I get loving your dad and idolising him, but her love and obsession for her father is not healthy and just plain weird. Also, weren't they in a cult during her whole childhood? I'm sorry, but I will be forever judging a man who put his family though that.

I feel bad for Bryan, knowing her dad will always be the only man she loves in her life.
I don't understand it either. My dad is the greatest man ever , as a child he was a super hero and no one could take his place. But that changed once he gave me away to my husband. Don't get me wrong , I love my dad but my husband comes first. She puts her family especially her dad before Bryan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Emily48098 wrote:Perhaps we have been wrong this whole time!!!

Maybe it hasn't been Mimi that impregnates Mithy with the turkey baster, maybe this whole time PAPA has that honor and privilege!!
heyjordynhey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by heyjordynhey »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: lol, that was me. I'm fairly certain they read here, so I expected to see a song or two pop up in the vlogs. Jingle Bells isn't a smoking gun, but I'm sure it's to prove a point to the critics either way.

The thing is, I wanted Missy to try and prove us wrong, and maybe in doing so realize just how right we might be. That's why I specified ABC's, that is a song that most children pick up all in their own... providing they are exposed to educational content. He is almost 3.5. He should know these things by now if he's even occasionally exposed to educational tv or apps. I really don't think Missy or Bryan see this, and wanted to challenge them by trying to prove us wrong. Ironically, there are a lot of educational channels on You Tube. I bet they could even find a dinosaur ABCs one if they tried!

Have we seen Ollie count yet?
it's not hard for kids to pick up simple things like ABC's... so if he doesn't know it, it proves that they spend zero time teaching him basic shit like that, or he can't pick it up... which may indicate something is wrong (i don't think this is the case).

have we EVER seen anything remotely educational in their house? or is it just filled with trendy paraphernalia and a bunch of dinosaurs?
EXACTLY. I will admit that there are times that I will give my 2 year old the iPad if I want him to be quiet for awhile. It's loaded with educational apps, and I let him do his thing. He's learned so much in just a short time ON HIS OWN. It's actually pretty amazing. It seems impossible to me that Oliver has spent that much time with electronics and has somehow never learned these things. What is he watching? I don't think anything is wrong with his intelligence, but I do think he's just a kid that is unable to learn on his own. He needs someone to sit him down and encourage him to focus.

I can't think of anything he has (besides the iPad or TV) that are educational without requiring any assistance/guidance from B&M. Even the busy board is only good for so much without someone playing with him!
What apps do you use? I have a newly 4 year old, and I let him the iPad to play games and watch videos if he wants. But I feel like he's over the educational appa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

He's not going to learn the alphabet by watching toy unboxing videos or egg opening videos. If they are going to put on tv they should have him watch something like Sesame Street. My daughter is only four months old but she is a little sponge. I love watching her watch our mouths when we try to teach her words.

They don't even buy developmental toys. He's been playing with toys for older kids for awhile now. What about stacking blocks or connecting a train track and playing with trains. How about just having him kick a ball outside or try to catch and throw one.

I know they say that we don't see everything and that is true, but based on what we do see, he's falling behind.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

After they/ got back from Vlogger Fair, they spent about 10 minutes trying to teach him to ride a bike, because Jackson can. Actually, Missy sat in a chair watching him and saying "Jackson can ride a bike!".
New theory: they only spend so much time taking Ollie to swim class because they want to be able to ignore him when they're in the pool. That's the _only_ thing they have spent any effort teaching him.
I turned off the vlog when they got to the Christmas letter. She makes me ill on a good day. I couldn't handle the crying and the fake emotion.
Oh, and the Volvo was a lot more than $40 000, and the Caddy was more than $35,000. Try doubling those numbers. The _base_ price may be around that, but you know they got it loaded.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

ellay wrote:I get loving your dad and idolising him, but her love and obsession for her father is not healthy and just plain weird. Also, weren't they in a cult during her whole childhood? I'm sorry, but I will be forever judging a man who put his family though that.

I feel bad for Bryan, knowing her dad will always be the only man she loves in her life.
I wonder about the cult so much. Was it Poppa that kept them there? How did they get out? I often wonder if they weren't just there for grandma and grandpa. (mimi's parents? I'm not sure which set of grandparents they lived with on the compound) It seems that not long after they died they were out. If it were Mimi's parents, maybe Jim is the subservient husband that Bryan is and he didn't want to rock the boat by getting his family out of that mess until they were dead. He never grew the balls to stand up for his family. That makes a lot of sense as to why Bryan won't stand up too Missy when she acts the way she did over the letter ect. He has grown up seeing Jim as a role model, seeing as his dad wasn't around and his stepdad was so horrible (in Bryan's eyes..) so he thinks that the subservient way is the right and good way to be a husband. Now.. if im wrong and it was poppa's parents that were the cult leaders then then Poppa was just too scared of the potential backlash from his parents to get the hell out of there.. Either way, i agree that i side eye a man who would allow his kids to be brought up in a home like that. Period.
Also, i wonder if the cult upbringing isn't what keeps them from church now. maybe it was traumatic. We don't know the details of how cult like this cult really was. Maybe thats why we don't EVER see Missy in church but Bryan has gone a handful of times with Ollie. Maybe being in a church is hard and scary too her. I can kinda relate to that. I was brought up in a very hell fire and brimstone southern baptist church. Screaming, bible throwing preacher and threats that you will burn in hell for all eternity if you get so much as one toe out of line. Scared into believing as a very small child (if you aren't good and love god then you will burn in hell and never see your family ever again, from the time you are 3 or 4 years old) and it has really scarred me as an adult. I wont get into it, but if Missy cant connect religiously as an adult bc of her fucked up childhood i can totally relate to that. (and im sure if it was as cult like as we think, what she went through was nothing compared to y upbringing)
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

heyjordynhey wrote:
What apps do you use? I have a newly 4 year old, and I let him the iPad to play games and watch videos if he wants. But I feel like he's over the educational appa

The apps that interest a toddler are bound to be different than those for a preschooler, but our favourites here are the Peekaboo kids apps or those by Sago Mini. You can dress characters up, fly a bird through the forest exploring, pack for a trip, etc. Toco also has some fun learning/play games. Toco Kitchen or Toco Monster. Where's my Water is a good puzzle game, as is Cut The Rope or Fish Hooks. Even Angry Birds can be educational!

This is all my point. How is Oliver not picking more up on his own? He has the iPad and is on in a lot. Where is the weird interest in guns coming from if he never watches shows with guns? It just makes no sense to me, and makes me believe that he's watching movies on the iPad, and probably questionable ones at that.

They should still be teaching Oliver, but assuming they are lazy and only put minimal effort in, he should still have learned far more than he appears to know!
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

coriann1911 wrote:

I don't understand it either. My dad is the greatest man ever , as a child he was a super hero and no one could take his place. But that changed once he gave me away to my husband. Don't get me wrong , I love my dad but my husband comes first. She puts her family especially her dad before Bryan.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Definitely agree, once you're married you have your own family, your husband and children come first. Not your parents. She never cut the cord. I think Cassie's more separated from her parents than missy is and Cassie's not even married! Jimmy too! He left state and got a job! Where's missy? She's married with her own family yet she's with them more than a 2 year old is with their mother lol.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
sarahelizabeth_1 wrote:
msrubeus wrote: I would just compare it to someone trying to squeeze into clothes that are too small. They make bigger cars.

Weight issues aside, because you can't lose that amount of weight over night...it's an unsafe situation to have a steering wheel smashed into your stomach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I probably have to find said vlog... I don't really remember it too well.

Here you go.

Also, does Tapatalk take for ever to load for anyone else?
yes it always takes forever. I fell asleep last night waiting for a new page in a thread to load up. I'm going to start using the regular website again instead of tapatalk.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Well well well.... such a coincidence that some strange dog is at their house, the chickens got let out "accidentally" and the dog almost kills the rooster. Sorry it didn't finish the job Missy.
"If we knew the kids were out there with them..." WHERE THE FUCK WERE ALL THE ADULTS AND WHY WERE THE 3 YEAR OLD UNATTENDED LONG ENOUGH FOR ALL THIS TO GO DOWN?????? There were at LEAST 4-5 adults there and the kids were able to let the chickens out and get in the middle of a dog/chicken fight before they realized the kids were outside??? My god...
Of course Poppa has to come and save the day, since Bryan cant do shit around the house.
Last edited by Playsinrain on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

DailyFinleyPotter&TheDursleys (Part 77)

Unread post by kittypurry »

Lots of unsupervised kids in the vlog today. So first Finn and Ollie and Peyton are playing in the area outside Finn's room and they collided with Finn, Missy said they were watching him as she pulls back the curtain and looks outside which makes me think she was inside while they were outside. THEN the drama with the rooster happens, the kids were playing outside alone and managed to let the chickens out, Jeff's dog Molly was over and was chasing the rooster and ended up dragging him by his neck, while the kids are running around watching. They showed the home security footage, and they said Ollie came inside to tell them what was going on after Molly got ahold of the rooster (who has officially been taken to a dairy farm, and is supposedly fine). They claimed that Molly was protecting the kids from the rooster, but it looked more like Molly was chasing the rooster and he was defending himself. It's just crazy to me that the kids were unsupervised and outside by themselves when there are five adults in the house (Bryan and Missy, Mimi, Jeff and Natalia)

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

kittypurry wrote:Lots of unsupervised kids in the vlog today. So first Finn and Ollie and Peyton are playing in the area outside Finn's room and they collided with Finn, Missy said they were watching him as she pulls back the curtain and looks outside which makes me think she was inside while they were outside. THEN the drama with the rooster happens, the kids were playing outside alone and managed to let the chickens out, Jeff's dog Molly was over and was chasing the rooster and ended up dragging him by his neck, while the kids are running around watching. They showed the home security footage, and they said Ollie came inside to tell them what was going on after Molly got ahold of the rooster (who has officially been taken to a dairy farm, and is supposedly fine). They claimed that Molly was protecting the kids from the rooster, but it looked more like Molly was chasing the rooster and he was defending himself. It's just crazy to me that the kids were unsupervised and outside by themselves when there are five adults in the house (Bryan and Missy, Mimi, Jeff and Natalia)

No kidding right? The ENTIRE vlog was "heres what happens when you leave children unsupervised!!!!"
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

wow these people are idiots and shouldn't own chickens. It was obvious from the footage that the dog was curious of the chickens and chasing them, the rooster then defended himself from a scary threat. I watched again just now and Molly lunged first and then the rooster started fighting back.
All those kids out there by themselves freak me out, especially with that rickety looking pool fence that they could probably open if they wanted and fall in. Plus no matter how much you trust a dog you don't leave 3 year olds alone with them. Karma to me seems a little odd and neurotic I wouldn't trust him alone with kids.
underdog93
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by underdog93 »

Today's vlog was seriously so infuriating. All of this could have been avoided if they would just watch their kids! And why did they let the kids outside when they knew the coop was broken and the rooster could get out? Especially after she just said she doesn't feel like the kids are safe around the rooster. Ugh.. these parents

MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:wow these people are idiots and shouldn't own chickens. It was obvious from the footage that the dog was curious of the chickens and chasing them, the rooster then defended himself from a scary threat. I watched again just now and Molly lunged first and then the rooster started fighting back.
All those kids out there by themselves freak me out, especially with that rickety looking pool fence that they could probably open if they wanted and fall in. Plus no matter how much you trust a dog you don't leave 3 year olds alone with them. Karma to me seems a little odd and neurotic I wouldn't trust him alone with kids.
And then they want to say the rooster antagonized Molly? LAWD HAVE MERCY. These people shouldn't even have chickens, kids, anything! I bet Zuri is gone already.
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 797c71.png[/img]

This was soooooo dramatic!! When missy is outside freaking out and Bryan was filming missy right here then he freaks out and says "Ollie ollie come here Ollie!!!" And he turns the camera towards himself while saying that BAHAHAHAAH! Wtf!!! That was sooooooooo weird!! Like let me film myself being panicked ImageImageImage it was all scripted, from the very beginning, when have the johnsns ever brought their dog over?!? Once?! And today just to piss off the rooster?!? GRRRR I hate them.

Missy- I'm so freaked out I'm gonna just call my dad, he knows everything"

Wow way to bring down your husband who's standing right there Image

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Another funny quote from Missy you might have missed. "Lenny is so mean, he was even mean to the other chickens, I caught him pinning Susan down to the ground." umm you mean mating with her like any rooster would do?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It seemed so scripted. They never ever bring the dog over, i had no clue who the dog even was!!!! I really feel like Missy wanted the dog to kill the rooster so that she didn't have to deal with it. Karma knows better than to get after the chickens, but Molly has never seen them before. Shes a golden, shes a hunting dog, they knew what would happen!!!

I would feel worse about her saying that in front of Bryan if he didn't know it was true himself. He knows he's clueless as hell, the guy had to have poppa come to the old house to assemble high chairs, tables, hang curtain... He knows he can't do anything handy. B&M need to realize quickly that Poppa isn't always going to be there. I think it would be different if Bryan took the initiative to help Poppa do chores and work around the "property" and learn some stuff from him. It's not Bryan's fault that he didn't have a father figure to teach him how to do simple home repairs or assembly jobs. His mother obviously didn't teach him any of that either. But since he didn't have that background, one would think he would want to soak in as much of that knowledge as possible... but he doesnt care.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

That whole thing was DEFINITELY scripted. The foreshadowing in the beginning basically gave them a reason to get rid of the rooster, and "antagonizing Molly" gave them another one. They knew all along they would be getting rid of the rooster and put on a show, potentially endangering kids (one not even their own) because of it.

*Not saying the rooster would have killed the kid(s) but they're damn lucky this little stunt left the kids unscathed, nay a lip injury for Finn that was potentially unrelated (also, where's the panic over Finn's fat lip vs. Ollie's years ago? Favoritism at its finest)*
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
sammibro
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by sammibro »

Bryan: "I think we were going to take Lenny to a dairy farm today so that he can run around. Not like a _subjective_ dairy farm. Like a real one."

Um, Bryan, I don't think subjective means what you think it means.

Return to “Daily Bumps”