2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

hannahbanana
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011YearsofPregnancy- part 32

Unread post by hannahbanana »

nata1122 wrote:Maybe Charlie's last name uses the Spanish naming custom of including both parents' last name and that's why Vanessa's last name is listed on the bracelet?that or Vanessa hyphenated her last name. What/whose last name was Lily given?
Lily has davids last name. *personal* but I changed my last name to my husbands right after we got married, but when our son was born, he had my old last name. Which I didn't like because my parents did the Spanish custom of giving your kids both parents last name. I never liked it how it was, "Hannah (dads last name)-(moms last name)". I only ever used my dads last name growing up, so I wasn't happy to see that my sons hospital tag had my old last name instead of my husbands. I don't know why hospitals do that.
jmenjivar88
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by jmenjivar88 »

blackroses wrote:Quick thing I noticed, on one of Charlie's bracelets he had Vanessa's last name.
that's normal for hospitals to do that. When I had my girls, they put my maiden name & girl on her. But sure why! But that's what they do! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cannon19
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cannon19 »

I haven't followed Vanessa that long as I just generally don't like her personality, so i am wondering when did she have Lilly? I found out today she is 25 and I though Lilly was 5. So how was she ever a teenaged mom? I was pregnant when I was 19 and had my daughter when I was 20 and have never used the titled teen mom when referring to myself. I'm wondering why she would?
vonniebeth
Gossiper
Gossiper
Discord name: vonniebeth

Unread post by vonniebeth »

I just really love how Vanessa didn't push Lily to hold Charlie right away. I'm sure it'll be an adjustment for her to no longer be an only child, but by allowing Lily to bond with Charlie on her own, hopefully that adjustment is a little easier.

I'm way behind right now, so sorry if someone else already said this.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there."

RIP Seamus, the goodest good boy :love2: 11.08.06-12.08.19
Kmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kmommy »

This was her explanation about her last name lol
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kitina13
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kitina13 »

Lily meeting charlie was so cute. I feel jealous. Personal story but when my son met his baby brother, I wasn't told what time he was coming and showed up at the worst time. There was a nurse and a lactation consultant in the room talking my ear off and It totally ruined the moment. I wish it was a special moment like with lily but the hospital staff ruined it lol
lilwhiteindian
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilwhiteindian »

I just watched the video of Lily meeting Charlie and thought it was adorable! I think Vanessa did a really great job allowing Lily to get used to things and not pushing her. The picture Vanessa put up at the end of Lily and Charlie was precious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

nata1122 wrote:Maybe Charlie's last name uses the Spanish naming custom of including both parents' last name and that's why Vanessa's last name is listed on the bracelet?that or Vanessa hyphenated her last name. What/whose last name was Lily given?
Do you really think vanessa would use the Spanish way of using last names? She more than likely wishes she was white.
Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

I dont know why, but I find it so annoying when she calls lily "bug"
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Mel1011 wrote:I dont know why, but I find it so annoying when she calls lily "bug"
I find it more annoying that she talks to her like a 2 year old.
Nolifeatmhahaha
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nolifeatmhahaha »

Blackswan wrote:
Do you really think vanessa would use the Spanish way of using last names? She more than likely wishes she was white.
Exactly! This girl tries so hard to drift away from her roots!
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

I'm surprised everyone loved that video, I thought it was kind of sad and irritating lol. Lily seemed totally freaked out which is normal for kids in hospitals, but also not very interested in the baby, which is unusual for her age, in my experience. And then Vanessa picked Lily up! The nurse in me was screaming. Just snuggle her in bed or in a chair...

I'm glad they didn't push the baby on her, but it definitely wasn't one of the cutest meet the baby videos.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

Since Lily has had many medical procedures herself, of course she is going to think of the hospital as a scary place and be out of her element. She also processes things differently than most five-year-olds, and who knows how Vanessa prepared her for this. I don't think anyone could have predicted how she was going to act. I think she did fine.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Who said "are you happy Vanessa" when Lily was on the bed holding the baby?? that seemed so strange.. and who is Gary?lol
imapumkinseed
Informer
Informer

Unread post by imapumkinseed »

Obv I don't know the ins and outs of how lily processes things but if she's not all that excited then why even bring her to the hospital and freak her out... Vanessa had a normal delivery so probably went home within a couple days, she could have introduced them at home where lily is comfortable. I mean it's up to her, it just seemed strained.
cannon19
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cannon19 »

I personally think it's best to wait util you bring baby home to introduce siblings and let them discover the baby on their own. But having all eyes on you and this new small creature is bound to freak most kids out. Then add to that it seemed like she was getting all sorts of conflicting instructions (i.e. you can give the baby the doll, no you can't). I think it would have been best to have her meet him without all other people in the room.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:Who said "are you happy Vanessa" when Lily was on the bed holding the baby?? that seemed so strange.. and who is Gary?lol
It sounded like Vanessa's dad who asked if she was happy. It sounded so off to me through like of all things why ask if she's happy? Isn't she supposed to be happy? I think Gary is David's dad? I think she refers to David's parents by their first names. She sounded so bitchy when she says "go get gary!" Chill the fuck out Vanessa.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

cannon19 wrote:I personally think it's best to wait util you bring baby home to introduce siblings and let them discover the baby on their own. But having all eyes on you and this new small creature is bound to freak most kids out. Then add to that it seemed like she was getting all sorts of conflicting instructions (i.e. you can give the baby the doll, no you can't). I think it would have been best to have her meet him without all other people in the room.
I think she did it mainly for the vlog. Did you notice her phone in her hand snapping pictures right away when Lily was holding him? It didn't come off very sweet to me. I think she wanted the footage so she could get it up right away, and to also have something everyone wanted to see. I loved the way MG reacted to Brooks from Cullen and Katie it made my heart just melt.
blackroses
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by blackroses »

Damn I just thought it was a sweet moment and I've seen hundreds of YT moms bring their kids into hospitals and force the older sibling to interact with the baby, no one said anything mean as far as I can remember. I just thought Lily has bad memories of hospital and was nervous to be there, I thought Vanessa did a great job introducing them. I would love to see how they interact after they all adjust.
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

I thought the vlog was cute, but I also agree to what cannon19 said.
Like, why don't they just enjoy the moment instead of having a camera shoved in her face when she's meeting her brother for the first time.
One thing I couldn't get past was Lily's hair. I wish she would cut all that hair around her ears. I think of all people, Vanessa would want to teach Lily that her ears aren't something to hide.
Although, I did like Lily's outfit. It matched & looked "put together". Although Vanessa didn't dress her.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “2011teenagemom”