Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

mblant99
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by mblant99 »

I don't know about you guys, but having 3 different titles in the title makes me want to not watch at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

Dailybuzz24 wrote:
mblant99 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but having 3 different titles in the title makes me want to not watch at all

I find it confusing and tiring just looking at them.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Stupid titles, dumb thumbnails. I haven't clicked on a vlog in over a week. I used to love them and some people are in denial about this, but they're definitely catering to child viewers. I know YouTube has some glitches right now, but this new style hasn't helped their views one bit.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

It's it bad I don't even read them ? I just click

Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

Sweet456 wrote:It's it bad I don't even read them ? I just click

I feel like I was the same way. However, I feel like once I noticed it it really annoyed me and now it's all I can see haha
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:

I feel like I was the same way. However, I feel like once I noticed it it really annoyed me and now it's all I can see haha
I don't ever look at titles unless I'm looking for something specific or waiting for something to happen (like a birth vlog or something.)
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I usually use the titles as reason to watch the vlog and for that reason I haven't watched them all week. I have been keeping up through here.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Stupid titles, dumb thumbnails. I haven't clicked on a vlog in over a week. I used to love them and some people are in denial about this, but they're definitely catering to child viewers. I know YouTube has some glitches right now, but this new style hasn't helped their views one bit.
You'd think Cullen would cut it out since it isn't working. I understand why they have to cater to kids, but don't be so obvious. It seems desperate.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

This thread title though
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

I do the same thing, don't read the titles and just click. Though I'm not blind and notice that there is more than one title, a thumbnail that is cluttered with emigis, stickers, graohics, too much color, too busy, ARGHHH! I think I'd give myself a hard time for clicking on it if I actually read the title(s). Seems Cullen is throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. *SIGH* I appreciate Cullen's creativity as expressed in the Elf on The Shelf parts. I think the light show was really something and he was clever filming the trail of lights. He's done well, very well. And Macey Gaines is now enjoying Beth's antics as opposed to whining and wanting her to go back to the curtain , though that was cute too. But I don't much care for video clips sprinkled throughout the vlog. I think Cullen will be sort himself out once they hit 500k subs. He was going nuts for a bit before hitting 100k subs, he himself was obnoxious and annoying. But as a father of a two year old, he can't act like a jerk. It's better this way, and it will pass. That's the thing about C&K, they are good people. They are kind to whomever comes up to them in public. They don't act like they are better than anybody, though they've lived a charmed life. What I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm going to keep watching and supporting them. And if Cullen asks me to "like" a video, I'm going to give it the thumbs up.

I have wondered how he's been tagging the vlogs with all the variables. Does he identify the film clips? Maybe he is trying to reach a broader audience?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I HATE the emojis and ridiculous thumbnails that vloggers do. Actually, I can't stand the pandering to children in general. It seems pathetic, and I think half of them are in denial about it. I'm sure most of them wouldn't want to be known for being children's entertainers, but somehow they feel this is different.

To me it is, it's LESS respectable. At least most tv children's entertainers have some educational value and an awareness about the impact/influence they might have on their audience.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Lovethesnark wrote:
You'd think Cullen would cut it out since it isn't working. I understand why they have to cater to kids, but don't be so obvious. It seems desperate.
We all know how Cullen like's to flog a dead horse: Singing Fresh snips and a full tank of gas over and over in soo many vlog's, making Gaines say sparkling in as many different sentences he could think of, the same 2 second movie clip several times in any given vlog.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I agree Cullen has a hard time knowing when to drop things. I think it is driving him a little nuts to see his "friends" getting better numbers when it's Cullen who is more creative and amusing and going the extra mile with editing. It's kind of like watching a less qualified coworker get promoted over you... You begin wondering what you are doing wrong and how you can catch up. He has correctly identified it's the kid audience that he isn't reaching effectively, so unfortunately I suspect this will get worse before it gets better. I hope they are eventually able to make peace with their smaller audience and income, because they're still my faves and it would suck for them to fully cave and change their tone permanently
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?
Color me confused as why people will justify/agree/turn a blind eye with these guys over slowly doing things that others are torn to shreds over! I'm not defending any of them btw. After loving vloggers a while, I have now realized they're all a bunch of narcissists who have found a way to make a living out of filming the angle of their day they want to show you, exploiting their kids and getting their ass kissed by children and fanatic adults!

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Well, the vlog title was much more toned down today (and no emojis!)
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

beautynoob wrote:So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?
Color me confused as why people will justify/agree/turn a blind eye with these guys over slowly doing things that others are torn to shreds over! I'm not defending any of them btw. After loving vloggers a while, I have now realized they're all a bunch of narcissists who have found a way to make a living out of filming the angle of their day they want to show you, exploiting their kids and getting their ass kissed by children and fanatic adults!

C&K get away with a lot because they appear to be better parent at this stage. I've been pointing out how they've been trying to bring in the kid viewers for a while, but anything perceived to be criticism of them is meet with the standard "they're great parents, so it doesn't matter" response. I've always been confused by the idea that C&K couldn't possibly be real friends with B&M. I've never thought that they were much different. I don't think any of them are terrible people, but they all have character flaws.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I agree Cullen has a hard time knowing when to drop things. I think it is driving him a little nuts to see his "friends" getting better numbers when it's Cullen who is more creative and amusing and going the extra mile with editing. It's kind of like watching a less qualified coworker get promoted over you... You begin wondering what you are doing wrong and how you can catch up. He has correctly identified it's the kid audience that he isn't reaching effectively, so unfortunately I suspect this will get worse before it gets better. I hope they are eventually able to make peace with their smaller audience and income, because they're still my faves and it would suck for them to fully cave and change their tone permanently
I think that has been an issue like you stated and way back he talked about it that their channel started off slow, but felt they learnt from this experience or appreciated the growth in comparison to those who had instant YouTube channel numbers that were unimaginable in a short time. Yet, the other "friend" channels with cross views have helped them when they've gone on trips etc. Cullen and Katie are my favorites too with their humor and just seeing the southern charm and culture. They have wonderful extended families and they are very blessed from what I've seen. The phone prank in this week's vlogs no one could pull off like Cullen and it was funny.

I think it will be difficult for Cullen to make peace with the "things" others have bought or big investments including new homes, new car (E+J given a car) and they just don't see the outside sponsors I think other channels have seen, but I could be wrong. So the kids he will go after to increase their viewers/subscribers and which is now part of YouTube business model.

I don't know if Jay and Kelly's numbers, which are not bad, doesn't give Cullen pause too in seeing them do well in less than a couple of week and this growth took them years. However, he is very gracious and promotes and helps with their channel and we all know how little Jared has helped Matt who is doing YouTube full-time with slow growth...can't figure out how they afford this with three kids, but that is another topic:)

It would be interesting to see the demographics with each channel and you could see why these channels are growing and more why sponsors are choosing them for advertising.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

beautynoob wrote:So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?

I don't disagree with anything you said and this is how they've decided to make a living. I've seen some of my best televisions shows cancelled because it didn't hit the right demographic. If they see the kids be the reason they increase subscribers and views, it will make a difference in their vlogs since this is how they base advertisements = income. It is a strange world where you can show ten minutes of your day on YouTube and earn a six figure salary. Ruby's channel has a super fast growth with kids following and her advertising consist of toys which makes sense.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The only one I have noticed as of late was the two days wondering if Katie was pregnant. The views were up, but I said earlier, I doubt you can do this too many times without losing creditability.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Do you suppose advertisers consider more vloggers whom identify with a culture or region when deciding whom they'd like to work with? Family vlogging is a cottage industry in Utah. Everybody seems to be in everybody's everything. Then there are a lot of vloggers in more rural areas in the middle of the country. Strong Christian Conservatives that home school and study scripture. The Schmovies come to mind. They have picked up a bigger following in large part because they were expecting twins. They'd been renting a modest home, cluttered and noisy beyond words, until recently when they bought a large, newer home with all the upgrades. And, might I add, it is so much easier to watch their vlogs now. Tim is making them a large diningroom table out of cherry wood, and I will watch that! But I digress, the South doesn't seem to have many vloggers to collaborate with. There is Randy and Anna, but are there any other Southern vloggers? I'd certainly give them a look just to learn about the culture.
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

I enjoy watching This Gathered Nest. They are in North Carolina.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”