OK, Where's the Baby? Part 7 [OKBaby]

Amanda-L
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OK, Where's the Baby? Part 7 [OKBaby]

Unread post by Amanda-L »

It's obvious now that Levi throwing up wasn't a result of eating a few sweets and some gingerbread like Oscar assumed. They're all getting sick now but still, Oscar sits at home and lets Kyra run around doing errands with Levi the day after she'd been to the hospital because he was apparently too busy. Busy doing what exactly? Can't have been that important because as soon as he starts feeling a little bit ill he's off buying himself soups and other bits from the shop.

I couldn't imagine being in their shoes. They're so far away from family and haven't made the effort to make real friends where they live. I'm a single mum, my daughters father and his whole family have nothing to do with her (their choice) but I have my own family and friends close by that I can rely on in an emergency. What are they going to do when they're both so sick they can't get out of bed and see to Levi and their daughter once she's here? They have no one that can just pop round and help out if its ever needed and it's sad. A pregnant woman shouldn't have to drive herself to the hospital and be there completely alone when she's sick and panicked. Their decision to move away from all their family still baffles me now. I feel sorry for them.

Levi is coming on leaps and bounds lately though and I love watching him feed himself. That regular sized fork did make me cringe though. They sell childrens cutlery, that would be so much easier for him to use
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Poor little Levi with the night terrors :( Have O and K ever contacted a pediatrician about it? Idk what they could do but maybe offer some tips or advice for soothing him out of it.
msgmiscc
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msgmiscc »

ecf997 wrote:Poor little Levi with the night terrors :( Have O and K ever contacted a pediatrician about it? Idk what they could do but maybe offer some tips or advice for soothing him out of it.

Yeah I think it's time they talk to a pediatrician about his night terrors, they're happening so often now :/
Ardnaid
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Ardnaid »

I forgot, what is the shot Kyra is getting?
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

Ardnaid wrote:I forgot, what is the shot Kyra is getting?
I believe they are weekly shots to prevent preterm labor.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I found it where that Kyra went to hospital by herself. She came back home and Oscar didn't even try to help her out. Wow, and she wants him to marry her? Does she know marriage is supposed to be in sickness and in health? He made a mess in Levi's room and went out but didn't bring anything back for Kyra. He didn't even check on her.

I was sick recently and my boyfriend (who doesn't even live with me!) felt bad that he couldn't be there to take care of me.

Oscar seemed unfazed and unbothered by the fact that his pregnant girlfriend was in the hospital, feeling sick, and drove to and from the hospital. He couldn't have just drove her and went back for her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I'm not convinced those are night terrors. They keep saying he's asleep but his eyes are wide open and looking straight at them? He obviously is waking in the middle of the night and confused and doesn't know how to self soothe. They need to leave the lights off and try to comfort him not have the whole house bright and plop him in the bath tub. I will never understand these two.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

daisy1000 wrote:I found it where that Kyra went to hospital by herself. She came back home and Oscar didn't even try to help her out. Wow, and she wants him to marry her? Does she know marriage is supposed to be in sickness and in health? He made a mess in Levi's room and went out but didn't bring anything back for Kyra. He didn't even check on her.

I was sick recently and my boyfriend (who doesn't even live with me!) felt bad that he couldn't be there to take care of me.

Oscar seemed unfazed and unbothered by the fact that his pregnant girlfriend was in the hospital, feeling sick, and drove to and from the hospital. He couldn't have just drove her and went back for her?

AND he let Levi rip up important insurance paperwork/medical records, and when Kyra mentioned it to him he just gave a goofy shrug. He's so irresponsible, I don't think it would be wise of him to propose any time soon. He just isn't mentally or emotionally ready imo.
webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

daisy1000 wrote:I found it where that Kyra went to hospital by herself. She came back home and Oscar didn't even try to help her out. Wow, and she wants him to marry her? Does she know marriage is supposed to be in sickness and in health? He made a mess in Levi's room and went out but didn't bring anything back for Kyra. He didn't even check on her.

And did u catch that he let Levi destroy some insurance and important papers that she needed he couldn't have cared less when she mentioned it either!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It's sad that he wasn't there for her! I was sick my entire pregnancy with Hyperemisis and had to be hospitalized with fluids 5x. My husband came with me every time. He brought our toddler and would keep him busy while I was getting the fluids. Sometimes he would leave and come back. To me there is no excuse for this and it's just sad that she had to go on her own.
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I'm not convinced those are night terrors. They keep saying he's asleep but his eyes are wide open and looking straight at them? He obviously is waking in the middle of the night and confused and doesn't know how to self soothe. They need to leave the lights off and try to comfort him not have the whole house bright and plop him in the bath tub. I will never understand these two.
They could be night terrors, children can appear to be wide awake during them. From the brief clips they've shown of it, Levi's gaze appears distant and glazed, which is characteristic of a night terror/sleep talking. As they showed, he didn't seem to react to Oscar waving or gesturing, whereas a cognizant Levi probably would have babbled or laughed in response to the stimulation. I do agree that he does need to learn to self-soothe, however. I have no idea why they don't have a baby monitor set up in there, that way they can check and see if he's crying due to a legitimate emergency, or if it is simply a nightmare of some sort. I think putting him in a bath is over-the-top as well... I think he would be perfectly fine with Kyra rocking him for a bit, or Oscar/Kyra reading as a quiet, settle-down activity to get him back to bed. Children are so responsive to stress in adults and the bath probably makes it worse.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

ecf997 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I'm not convinced those are night terrors. They keep saying he's asleep but his eyes are wide open and looking straight at them? He obviously is waking in the middle of the night and confused and doesn't know how to self soothe. They need to leave the lights off and try to comfort him not have the whole house bright and plop him in the bath tub. I will never understand these two.
They could be night terrors, children can appear to be wide awake during them. From the brief clips they've shown of it, Levi's gaze appears distant and glazed, which is characteristic of a night terror/sleep talking. As they showed, he didn't seem to react to Oscar waving or gesturing, whereas a cognizant Levi probably would have babbled or laughed in response to the stimulation. I do agree that he does need to learn to self-soothe, however. I have no idea why they don't have a baby monitor set up in there, that way they can check and see if he's crying due to a legitimate emergency, or if it is simply a nightmare of some sort. I think putting him in a bath is over-the-top as well... I think he would be perfectly fine with Kyra rocking him for a bit, or Oscar/Kyra reading as a quiet, settle-down activity to get him back to bed. Children are so responsive to stress in adults and the bath probably makes it worse.
I think that's why he wasn't responding well to Oscar and was screaming anytime he came near. Oscar doesn't seem to know when to shut up or calm down himself. I was impressed with the way Kyra handled it. That's the most maternal I've seen her with Levi and he really gravitated towards her for comfort. It was very heartwarming.
vesti
Informer
Informer

Unread post by vesti »

ecf997 wrote:
My little girl had night terrors for a little while when she was about 2, right after we bought our house, so my guess is the move stressed her or just all the changes in a short time period. It was scary when she had the night terrors because she looked wide awake and would even talk sometimes, but I could tell she wasn't really awake. If I tried to comfort/hold her it would make everything worse and she would even fight to get away.

Luckily they only lasted maybe a month. She's 9 now and hasn't had them since she was 2!
Ireadokbabay
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Ireadokbabay »

ecf997 wrote:

AND he let Levi rip up important insurance paperwork/medical records, and when Kyra mentioned it to him he just gave a goofy shrug. He's so irresponsible, I don't think it would be wise of him to propose any time soon. He just isn't mentally or emotionally ready imo.
She needs to leave him; he has zero brains and absolutely no sympathy.

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

ecf997 wrote:

Haha we must have posted at the same time! Totally agree!

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I disagree with anyone saying Kyra and Oscar are doing a good job with Levi. I think they got lucky and he's an easy and smart kid. Yes Kyra is doing a little bit better lately. They are absolutely bullshitting their way through parenthood and doing whatever they want with him. They are totally relying on instinct to raise him. He has no schedule at all, they let him crawl around basically cold and naked outside in the freezing cold, no bathmat in his tub, not strapped into the shopping cart, the list goes on and on. They do no research and take no advice on absolutely anything and do whatever they want to do with him. Either Levi or Mini Bug are going to end up getting seriously hurt one day due to stupidity.
I might have to stop watching if Kyra surrounds mini bug with blankets like she did with Levi when he was a baby. My anxiety won't be able to take it. I was so strict with my kids about all the rules to prevent sids/suffocation and to see people knowingly go against these things infuriates me.
bibby
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by bibby »

I saw some comments on todays vlog suggesting that the night terrors might be epilepsy or that Buggy might even be showing signs of autism. Thoughts?
mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

Omg on kyra hair video someone commented saying how they have the aussie 3 in 1 dory shampoo. Lol
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Amanda-L wrote:It's obvious now that Levi throwing up wasn't a result of eating a few sweets and some gingerbread like Oscar assumed. They're all getting sick now but still, Oscar sits at home and lets Kyra run around doing errands with Levi the day after she'd been to the hospital because he was apparently too busy. Busy doing what exactly? Can't have been that important because as soon as he starts feeling a little bit ill he's off buying himself soups and other bits from the shop.

A pregnant woman shouldn't have to drive herself to the hospital and be there completely alone when she's sick and panicked. Their decision to move away from all their family still baffles me now. I feel sorry for them.

Levi is coming on leaps and bounds lately though and I love watching him feed himself. That regular sized fork did make me cringe though. They sell childrens cutlery, that would be so much easier for him to use
That vlog though - between the two of them they went to the shops three times. I don't get it. Ah yeah, this is Oscar and Kyra. Organisation #101
Extremely sad, Kyra going to the hospital alone.
They've bought zero child cutlery, his plate was an adult size porcelain one also, it'll be like a Greek wedding daily lol. Does he have a sippy cup?
Extremely cute Levi with the vroom vroom, facial expressions and fork eating.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:Oscar seemed unfazed and unbothered by the fact that his pregnant girlfriend was in the hospital, feeling sick, and drove to and from the hospital. He couldn't have just drove her and went back for her?
It's sad that he wasn't there for her! I was sick my entire pregnancy with Hyperemisis and had to be hospitalized with fluids 5x. My husband came with me every time. He brought our toddler and would keep him busy while I was getting the fluids. Sometimes he would leave and come back. To me there is no excuse for this and it's just sad that she had to go on her own.
^THIS! It would have been bad enough if Kyra was well and just driving herself to a normal pregnancy appointment. BUT, once you have an ill and (heavily) pregnant girlfriend you bet your life you get your ass up off of that sofa and drive her to the hospital. Then go back and pick her up if you can't stay due to Levi. Your being ill Oscar becomes immaterial and inconsequential at this point. Kyra is absolutely the priority. I'm disgusted.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “OKBaby”