• Advertisement

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Postby mblant99 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

I don't know about you guys, but having 3 different titles in the title makes me want to not watch at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mblant99
Amateur

Advertisement

Postby Enchantedbybeautyy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Dailybuzz24 wrote:
mblant99 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but having 3 different titles in the title makes me want to not watch at all

I find it confusing and tiring just looking at them.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Stupid titles, dumb thumbnails. I haven't clicked on a vlog in over a week. I used to love them and some people are in denial about this, but they're definitely catering to child viewers. I know YouTube has some glitches right now, but this new style hasn't helped their views one bit.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Talker

Postby Sweet456 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:21 pm

It's it bad I don't even read them ? I just click

Sweet456
True Gossiper

Postby Enchantedbybeautyy » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:35 pm

Sweet456 wrote:It's it bad I don't even read them ? I just click

I feel like I was the same way. However, I feel like once I noticed it it really annoyed me and now it's all I can see haha
Enchantedbybeautyy
Talker

Postby angelfire89 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:29 pm

Enchantedbybeautyy wrote:

I feel like I was the same way. However, I feel like once I noticed it it really annoyed me and now it's all I can see haha
I don't ever look at titles unless I'm looking for something specific or waiting for something to happen (like a birth vlog or something.)
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby daisy1000 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:55 pm

I usually use the titles as reason to watch the vlog and for that reason I haven't watched them all week. I have been keeping up through here.

daisy1000
Amateur

Postby Lovethesnark » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:06 pm

Stupid titles, dumb thumbnails. I haven't clicked on a vlog in over a week. I used to love them and some people are in denial about this, but they're definitely catering to child viewers. I know YouTube has some glitches right now, but this new style hasn't helped their views one bit.

You'd think Cullen would cut it out since it isn't working. I understand why they have to cater to kids, but don't be so obvious. It seems desperate.
Lovethesnark
True Gossiper

Postby MamaJoAnna » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:43 pm

This thread title though
Call me Jo, please.
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:34 pm

I do the same thing, don't read the titles and just click. Though I'm not blind and notice that there is more than one title, a thumbnail that is cluttered with emigis, stickers, graohics, too much color, too busy, ARGHHH! I think I'd give myself a hard time for clicking on it if I actually read the title(s). Seems Cullen is throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks. *SIGH* I appreciate Cullen's creativity as expressed in the Elf on The Shelf parts. I think the light show was really something and he was clever filming the trail of lights. He's done well, very well. And Macey Gaines is now enjoying Beth's antics as opposed to whining and wanting her to go back to the curtain , though that was cute too. But I don't much care for video clips sprinkled throughout the vlog. I think Cullen will be sort himself out once they hit 500k subs. He was going nuts for a bit before hitting 100k subs, he himself was obnoxious and annoying. But as a father of a two year old, he can't act like a jerk. It's better this way, and it will pass. That's the thing about C&K, they are good people. They are kind to whomever comes up to them in public. They don't act like they are better than anybody, though they've lived a charmed life. What I guess I'm trying to say is that I'm going to keep watching and supporting them. And if Cullen asks me to "like" a video, I'm going to give it the thumbs up.

I have wondered how he's been tagging the vlogs with all the variables. Does he identify the film clips? Maybe he is trying to reach a broader audience?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:35 pm

I HATE the emojis and ridiculous thumbnails that vloggers do. Actually, I can't stand the pandering to children in general. It seems pathetic, and I think half of them are in denial about it. I'm sure most of them wouldn't want to be known for being children's entertainers, but somehow they feel this is different.

To me it is, it's LESS respectable. At least most tv children's entertainers have some educational value and an awareness about the impact/influence they might have on their audience.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Scar2016 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:01 am

Lovethesnark wrote:

You'd think Cullen would cut it out since it isn't working. I understand why they have to cater to kids, but don't be so obvious. It seems desperate.

We all know how Cullen like's to flog a dead horse: Singing Fresh snips and a full tank of gas over and over in soo many vlog's, making Gaines say sparkling in as many different sentences he could think of, the same 2 second movie clip several times in any given vlog.
~ ~ ~ :zz: I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee: ~ ~ ~
Scar2016
Gossiper

Postby RecklessDisregard » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:34 am

I agree Cullen has a hard time knowing when to drop things. I think it is driving him a little nuts to see his "friends" getting better numbers when it's Cullen who is more creative and amusing and going the extra mile with editing. It's kind of like watching a less qualified coworker get promoted over you... You begin wondering what you are doing wrong and how you can catch up. He has correctly identified it's the kid audience that he isn't reaching effectively, so unfortunately I suspect this will get worse before it gets better. I hope they are eventually able to make peace with their smaller audience and income, because they're still my faves and it would suck for them to fully cave and change their tone permanently
RecklessDisregard
Informer

Postby beautynoob » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:44 am

So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?
Color me confused as why people will justify/agree/turn a blind eye with these guys over slowly doing things that others are torn to shreds over! I'm not defending any of them btw. After loving vloggers a while, I have now realized they're all a bunch of narcissists who have found a way to make a living out of filming the angle of their day they want to show you, exploiting their kids and getting their ass kissed by children and fanatic adults!

beautynoob
Talker

Postby CallieT » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:30 am

Well, the vlog title was much more toned down today (and no emojis!)
CallieT
Amateur

Postby Lovethesnark » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:58 am

beautynoob wrote:So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?
Color me confused as why people will justify/agree/turn a blind eye with these guys over slowly doing things that others are torn to shreds over! I'm not defending any of them btw. After loving vloggers a while, I have now realized they're all a bunch of narcissists who have found a way to make a living out of filming the angle of their day they want to show you, exploiting their kids and getting their ass kissed by children and fanatic adults!

C&K get away with a lot because they appear to be better parent at this stage. I've been pointing out how they've been trying to bring in the kid viewers for a while, but anything perceived to be criticism of them is meet with the standard "they're great parents, so it doesn't matter" response. I've always been confused by the idea that C&K couldn't possibly be real friends with B&M. I've never thought that they were much different. I don't think any of them are terrible people, but they all have character flaws.
Lovethesnark
True Gossiper

Postby tratra58 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:59 pm

RecklessDisregard wrote:I agree Cullen has a hard time knowing when to drop things. I think it is driving him a little nuts to see his "friends" getting better numbers when it's Cullen who is more creative and amusing and going the extra mile with editing. It's kind of like watching a less qualified coworker get promoted over you... You begin wondering what you are doing wrong and how you can catch up. He has correctly identified it's the kid audience that he isn't reaching effectively, so unfortunately I suspect this will get worse before it gets better. I hope they are eventually able to make peace with their smaller audience and income, because they're still my faves and it would suck for them to fully cave and change their tone permanently

I think that has been an issue like you stated and way back he talked about it that their channel started off slow, but felt they learnt from this experience or appreciated the growth in comparison to those who had instant YouTube channel numbers that were unimaginable in a short time. Yet, the other "friend" channels with cross views have helped them when they've gone on trips etc. Cullen and Katie are my favorites too with their humor and just seeing the southern charm and culture. They have wonderful extended families and they are very blessed from what I've seen. The phone prank in this week's vlogs no one could pull off like Cullen and it was funny.

I think it will be difficult for Cullen to make peace with the "things" others have bought or big investments including new homes, new car (E+J given a car) and they just don't see the outside sponsors I think other channels have seen, but I could be wrong. So the kids he will go after to increase their viewers/subscribers and which is now part of YouTube business model.

I don't know if Jay and Kelly's numbers, which are not bad, doesn't give Cullen pause too in seeing them do well in less than a couple of week and this growth took them years. However, he is very gracious and promotes and helps with their channel and we all know how little Jared has helped Matt who is doing YouTube full-time with slow growth...can't figure out how they afford this with three kids, but that is another topic:)

It would be interesting to see the demographics with each channel and you could see why these channels are growing and more why sponsors are choosing them for advertising.
tratra58
True Gossiper

Postby tratra58 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:07 pm

beautynoob wrote:So I guess for most it's now fine and dandy when C&K try to pander for the children now? lol I thought what made them so amazing was that unlike their buddies they didn't!?

I don't disagree with anything you said and this is how they've decided to make a living. I've seen some of my best televisions shows cancelled because it didn't hit the right demographic. If they see the kids be the reason they increase subscribers and views, it will make a difference in their vlogs since this is how they base advertisements = income. It is a strange world where you can show ten minutes of your day on YouTube and earn a six figure salary. Ruby's channel has a super fast growth with kids following and her advertising consist of toys which makes sense.
tratra58
True Gossiper

Postby tratra58 » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:16 pm

The only one I have noticed as of late was the two days wondering if Katie was pregnant. The views were up, but I said earlier, I doubt you can do this too many times without losing creditability.
tratra58
True Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:44 pm

Do you suppose advertisers consider more vloggers whom identify with a culture or region when deciding whom they'd like to work with? Family vlogging is a cottage industry in Utah. Everybody seems to be in everybody's everything. Then there are a lot of vloggers in more rural areas in the middle of the country. Strong Christian Conservatives that home school and study scripture. The Schmovies come to mind. They have picked up a bigger following in large part because they were expecting twins. They'd been renting a modest home, cluttered and noisy beyond words, until recently when they bought a large, newer home with all the upgrades. And, might I add, it is so much easier to watch their vlogs now. Tim is making them a large diningroom table out of cherry wood, and I will watch that! But I digress, the South doesn't seem to have many vloggers to collaborate with. There is Randy and Anna, but are there any other Southern vloggers? I'd certainly give them a look just to learn about the culture.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby iheartyt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:25 pm

I enjoy watching This Gathered Nest. They are in North Carolina.
iheartyt
Amateur

Postby Baconsgirl » Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:57 pm

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161225/92e7e06e83d9b10fd3c7e96f006889c9.png[/img] I know this is a joke,but if I was Katie I wouldn't find this a bit funny since more than a few people can see this!

Baconsgirl
Talker

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:08 pm

I don't know. They also make these uncomfortable jokes about how Ellie is crushing on Cullen, and knowing Katie, she'd probably just roll her eyes and say "Cullen-- inappropriate!"

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Baconsgirl » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:44 pm

lmmomSD wrote:I don't know. They also make these uncomfortable jokes about how Ellie is crushing on Cullen, and knowing Katie, she'd probably just roll her eyes and say "Cullen-- inappropriate!"

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
that is a crush I wouldn't want if I was Cullen.

Baconsgirl
Talker

Postby RecklessDisregard » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Personally I have not criticized the titles or thumbnails because I don't pay attention to them. I watch all of C&K's vlogs, even if I wind up skipping a few days and then binge-watching to catch up, and very rarely even notice what the title or thumbnails are. But I also rarely if ever complain about other vloggers' clickbait titles or thumbs, so I don't see it as being hypocritical or applying different standards to vloggers I like versus those I hate-watch.

Also a personal thing, but I don't necessarily watch their channel because I am specifically a fan of Cullen or Katie. I am so fascinated by Gaines and her little personality with advanced speech and high intelligence. I like babies as well, and Brooks is a good one, with his little squirming body and happy smiles. The children are my primary interest, as I'm in a season of life where it's apparent I won't have children of my own. Seeing Gaines and Brooks meeting Santa or riding the Christmas train touches an area of my heart I had thought was dead and shriveled.

Beyond that, I do feel Cullen and Katie are really good parents (especially when compared to the cesspool of idiots on YT). Cullen's editing is enjoyable, even if he sometimes keeps running jokes going for way too long. But what I am trying to say is my watching and liking their channel isn't so much blind fangirling and hypocrisy (based on disliking other vloggers and not complaining equally about C&K), but rather a case of greatly enjoying certain aspects of their vlogs and not noticing or caring about the parts that upset other folks.

That said, as a society we love to build people up and then tear them down. So I can imagine that more people will find things in the vlogs that they're annoyed with as time marches on. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that jazz.
RecklessDisregard
Informer

Postby PhoenixFeathers » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:29 pm

Dailybuzz24 wrote:Still no vlog from them today, but their in laws / sibling got their vlog up hours ago...

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

According to twitter their downstairs bathroom flooded so they've been dealing with that and plumbers all day. But are promising they will still have a vlog today.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
PhoenixFeathers
Amateur

Next

Return to Cullen and Katie