Living Rosa | Part 1

SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Livingrosa

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

aral12 wrote:Have they explained at all why they are using Tara's eggs and it Mandis? I've seen in comments people have said that they said any babies after this one will be biologically mandis as it's too expensive for IVF a third time. My question is why not just use mandis eggs or have Tara carry? So much money being used

Tara has said that she doesn't want to carry a baby and I believe has never wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

aral12 wrote:Have they explained at all why they are using Tara's eggs and it Mandis? I've seen in comments people have said that they said any babies after this one will be biologically mandis as it's too expensive for IVF a third time. My question is why not just use mandis eggs or have Tara carry? So much money being used

I've thought about this too. They have said in previous vlogs that Tara does not want to carry a baby and then they said that this would be the last time they would make Tara go through the ivf thing (cause she doesnt like the shots) so depending on how many eggs they get frozen this will basically be how many kids they have. The comment they made was something like if there are only two eggs and we can only have two kids than that is that, there is no other way for us to have kids.
It made me wonder if Mandi can't have her own kids or if its more of a if its not Tara's eggs then they don't want to have it any other way since then it wont be connected to Tara (which I find completely stupid!).
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Unread post by pirateayy07 »

All I remember was that the first IVF when they were talking in the car and Mandi did mention the thing about Tara being freaked out about being pregnant so that's why she'd carry instead. Mandi also stated that the doctor told them they'd be better off using Tara's eggs anyway. So maybe there is a quanity/quality issue with Mandi they didn't directly speak on. But that's what I assumed.

Also, even if that weren't an issue they could always do IUI'S instead. Granted they aren't as successful as IVF, but that is A MUCH cheaper option. Even so, it's up to them how they choose to make their offspring.

Speaking of which, am I mistaken or I thought with the first IVF they got 8 embryos intially, 5 made it to freeze, they did 2 FET's before Lennon, so that means they should have 2 more left correct?

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what threw me off about doing another retrieval right away. I don't mean to sound snarky at all. But their meds were FREE this time. So they could definitely get away with doing the cycle for 6-7k depending on the clinic. Also, as I've mentioned before it seems silly to me that the cost of IVF would be a huge issue for them being that they willingly chose to do a 2nd cycle while purchasing a home!
Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

I remember they said in a recent vlog that they had one embryo frozen and they were debating if they should use that or go for another round of IVF. They decided to go for another round since they were still young and thought it would be better to do it now than when they had two kids or something like that. And since they got the medicine for free it kinda sealed the decision to do it now.

And yes definitely agree about the money. I don't think they have to worry about money since buying a house, they bought a new car not so long ago and going for IVF again is all very expensive! All those sponsored posts must have helped ;) haha
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Let's face it though, the sponored videos probably brought in a lot of cash but not that much. Whatever Tara's mystery job is clearly pays $$$ and has the benefits of free childcare. Mandy probably earns a fair bit too. They both work full time, probably aren't paying much/anything to live in Tara's dad's house, and clearly come from pretty well of families. The sponsored videos were just free gifts and pocket money.

They are living the life ngl but at least they seem to deserve it.
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

Maybe so. So does Lennon attend actual daycare now instead of Tara just taking her to work with her like before?
aral12
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by aral12 »

That's funny, the day after I posted that question they addressed it in the vlog. Haha not sure if anyone else picked up but they said any other babies will be getting made the same way so seems like they've changed their minds and won't ever use Mandis eggs now.

It's interesting to hear their thought process about it, my wife and I are wanting to start our family in the next few years and there's so many decisions to make as a same sex couple!

Gaydur
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Gaydur »

aral12 wrote:That's funny, the day after I posted that question they addressed it in the vlog. Haha not sure if anyone else picked up but they said any other babies will be getting made the same way so seems like they've changed their minds and won't ever use Mandis eggs now.

It's interesting to hear their thought process about it, my wife and I are wanting to start our family in the next few years and there's so many decisions to make as a same sex couple!

Me and my wife are in the process aswell. It is definitely a lot of decisions. It was pretty easy for us though. My wife doesnt want to carry and I really want to carry all our kids. We're gonna try IVF atleast once using her eggs but first were gonna try it with just my egg and a sperm donor. Its much cheaper and much easier.

They must be really needing money lately, they have made three sponsored posts in two days! Both the vlog yesterday and today(Lennons birthday present..really?!) and an instagram post.

charswatching
Talker
Talker

Unread post by charswatching »

Been watching them since they started I love them! I agree with the daily bumps thing, but they have never mentioned them since even though they were at vidcon together and there was a vlog after that were mandi said they only watch Olivia has two mums and teeny now so hopefully they hate the dumps too! X

SomeoneNew2
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SomeoneNew2 »

Mandi is pregnant! I'm happy for them! I hope it all goes well.
pirateayy07
Informer
Informer

I'm happy for them too. Haven't watched a vlog lately because most them are a snooze fest. Lol.
charswatching
Talker
Talker

So happy for them, did find it weird they announced so early- they said they wouldn't be talking as much about it this time round, and Tara being like it's fine it's fine leads me to belive they did what they did last time and are actually a few weeks ahead. If that makes sense lol

SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

charswatching wrote:So happy for them, did find it weird they announced so early- they said they wouldn't be talking as much about it this time round, and Tara being like it's fine it's fine leads me to belive they did what they did last time and are actually a few weeks ahead. If that makes sense lol

I guess when everyone knows you're having IVF it's a lot harder to not tell anyone instantly. Everyone who knows you closely will already be able to tell what the news is.
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

Tara seems kinda of controlling like Mandi just goes with whatever she decides. Their logic for having their kids be only Tara's biologically makes no sense to me. They don't want sibling to say you're not my real mom to each other, but they can still say that to Mandi. They think they wouldn't view their sibling as their whole sibling which makes no sense they would grow up together. Then Mandi gets mad when people say she's not the biological parent which is just a fact. She thinks Lennon has red hair because of her which makes no sense. She said that Lennon got stuff from her from being in her womb. She feels the need to justice and prove something to people.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

prettyll wrote:Tara seems kinda of controlling like Mandi just goes with whatever she decides. Their logic for having their kids be only Tara's biologically makes no sense to me. They don't want sibling to say you're not my real mom to each other, but they can still say that to Mandi. They think they wouldn't view their sibling as their whole sibling which makes no sense they would grow up together. Then Mandi gets mad when people say she's not the biological parent which is just a fact. She thinks Lennon has red hair because of her which makes no sense. She said that Lennon got stuff from her from being in her womb. She feels the need to justice and prove something to people.
I agree. Personally, the idea of Reciprocal IVF is really nice, imo. But the way they make it come across makes traditional IVF sound very cold and not as special, when it is, just in a different way. Either way one partner in the couple isn't going to be a biological parent and she knows that everyone knows this.
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by prettyll »

Did anyone ever see that show on abc family now freeform where a bunch of teenagers made by sperm donors go on some website and find each other then they track down their biological dad? With technology I would think that's only going to get easier. I wonder what Tara and Mandi's reaction would be if there kids wanted to do that. Think how many sibling they could and can already have.
charswatching
Talker
Talker

prettyll wrote:Did anyone ever see that show on abc family now freeform where a bunch of teenagers made by sperm donors go on some website and find each other then they track down their biological dad? With technology I would think that's only going to get easier. I wonder what Tara and Mandi's reaction would be if there kids wanted to do that. Think how many sibling they could and can already have.
I saw that, they have addressed this in a old vlog which I believe is "ring ring it's the sperm bank" I may be wrong thou. They said they want any future children to have that option there's also a vlog with Steph (she is adopted) which explains it a bit more.

charswatching
Talker
Talker

Also what a weird present for a 1 year old

charswatching
Talker
Talker

prettyll wrote:Tara seems kinda of controlling like Mandi just goes with whatever she decides. Their logic for having their kids be only Tara's biologically makes no sense to me. They don't want sibling to say you're not my real mom to each other, but they can still say that to Mandi. They think they wouldn't view their sibling as their whole sibling which makes no sense they would grow up together. Then Mandi gets mad when people say she's not the biological parent which is just a fact. She thinks Lennon has red hair because of her which makes no sense. She said that Lennon got stuff from her from being in her womb. She feels the need to justice and prove something to people.
Really? I think it works well for them! Tara never wants to carry a child, Mandi does so she gets to carry and bond, but the child is Tara's so she still has her bond too. It wouldn't work for everyone but I think it suits them

charswatching
Talker
Talker

Oh gosh it's twins!!!

Return to “I-P”