Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

workfromhomemom wrote:
Was this on Ellie and Jared's thread recently? If so, I was convinced too!
Hahah nope! It's been a few months back, on a different thread. But I know which one you're referring to, and that was entirely possible too!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Is it weird to anyone else that Jared and Joel feel it's ok to just go find any field to 4 wheel around in? Jared was kicking up mud doing those donuts, and all I could think was that there was probably nice grounds underneath being ruined. Jackson said it was near the church, and it did look like the church grounds to me from what I've seen in pics.

Cody's "hurting his peanut comment" was hilarious. And Boston is, as always, adorable.

Also, it seems like Bonnie is filming Ellie less. I wonder if this is because she's read comments from people saying they get annoyed with Ellie, or if it's an agreement to not share/overlap content. I feel like we see more of the real Jackson in Bonnie's vlogs.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

All this talk about Finn getting left out. Lincoln is just as left out if not more in some vlogs. Today they didn't even show him till a few seconds in the end. Christmas morning he didn't get to open any presents and they started without him, he didn't come in till they were halfway done opening presents.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:All this talk about Finn getting left out. Lincoln is just as left out if not more in some vlogs. Today they didn't even show him till a few seconds in the end. Christmas morning he didn't get to open any presents and they started without him, he didn't come in till they were halfway done opening presents.
I haven't commented on the Finn being left out, so for me it's not really an issue. I can see why people think it's sad, but there's more of an everyday factor there I think. I don't think his mom has actually bonded with him.

When you have older kids it's different. I will admit that my judgement could be clouded because I struggle to balance a large age gap and my kids are always doing two different things. It's impossible to focus on the oldest in the same way with the little clingy one( like Linc) around. You want to experience it with them and don't want to make them wait up for the baby. In my home you never wake a baby! One year olds don't care as much about Christmas. Opening one or two gifts is about their attention span. When Linc did open a gift his mom paid attention to him. She doesn't dismiss or ignore him day to day. I don't think there's any attention loss there.

I assumed they had a sitter while sledding. Honestly, I hope she did so she could spend some time with the other kids.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I have mixed feelings. When I was growing up, the first person out of bed dragged everyone else awake, including the baby, to open presents. This consisted of stockings and Santa gifts, which were usually the bigger and/or more expensive items like a bicycle, the family computer, etc, and a few quality (smaller) wrapped gifts. It did not take a long time, so there was no risk of a fussy baby "ruining" things, but she was a chill, good-natured baby anyway. We would have already opened our presents from our parents and each other on Christmas Eve - these gifts would be less exciting things like pajamas, books, movies, CDs, clothes. The baby was present for that too and had her own gifts.

But, I can see how if Christmas morning is a very long, drawn-out ordeal that starts before dawn, and you have a fussy squawking baby with a short attention span, maybe it might make sense to let him sleep while the older kids get started. However, I would definitely have given him some things to unwrap! I don't have a problem with Lincoln's piano or vacuum being unwrapped, as they're "big" and exciting to see in their ready-to-use state. But it wouldn't have been so hard to get him a few affordable smaller gifts to unwrap. They love wrapping paper, bows, and boxes at that age.

I'm not one who commented about Finn being excluded on the DB thread... But I did notice it. I feel like Finn can generally be trusted to participate without too much screaming as long as someone holds him and pays a little attention to him (which is obviously too much to ask). I didn't watch back then, but seriously doubt Bryan and Missy excluded Ollie from large chunks of his first or second Christmas on the basis of being "too little." (I have no idea how Bonnie and Joel handled Olivia or Cody's first few Christmases either.)

In both cases, the quantity of gifts and the amount of time it takes to unwrap them all were probably factors. The little one's temperament is too.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:All this talk about Finn getting left out. Lincoln is just as left out if not more in some vlogs. Today they didn't even show him till a few seconds in the end. Christmas morning he didn't get to open any presents and they started without him, he didn't come in till they were halfway done opening presents.
I see your point, but I was never one to wake a sleeping baby. I do think Bonnie could have wrapped a few little gifts since he enjoys unwrapping them, but I doubt he will have a memory of this Christmas. I think the funny thing about Christmas is when they are little (toddler/preschool/school age) they are anxiously awaiting the opening up of presents, teens will sleep in and know they are there for them to open later...this is why I enjoy this age group at Christmas due to the excitement of believing in Santa and the saying Christmas is for children is very true.
Silentbob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Silentbob »

I'd love to see Bonnie's face when she found out Sheri got the same Jewlery box as her lol
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

mandylouwho wrote:
alym0326 wrote:It's "familIES" Bonnie, not family's. If there's a consonant in front of the y it's 'ies' if it's a vowel in front of the y, it's 's'. GRADE TWOS KNOW THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are you talking about "Our Family's Christmas" vlog? Families is plural, family's is possessive. Bonnie was actually correct on that one lol
Wow, I just went back and looked and she changed it. She originally posted it as, "Our Families Christmas" as shown in the screenshot above. At least she realized haha

alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
mandylouwho wrote:
alym0326 wrote:It's "familIES" Bonnie, not family's. If there's a consonant in front of the y it's 'ies' if it's a vowel in front of the y, it's 's'. GRADE TWOS KNOW THIS.

Are you talking about "Our Family's Christmas" vlog? Families is plural, family's is possessive. Bonnie was actually correct on that one lol
Wow, I just went back and looked and she changed it. She originally posted it as, "Our Families Christmas" as shown in the screenshot above. At least she realized haha

Actually, both are technically correct - families in this case would be a possessive plural meaning multiple families Christmas Day celebration. Which technically is correct as they spent Christmas Day with the griffiths and Mechams that day.

WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:Finally watched the Christmas Eve vlog... I was really shocked to see that I didn't find issues with Bonnie's reactions at all.
To be frankly honest, I thought HelloSweetie may have been over defending for Bonnie or something at her take on the mixer, because of what everyone had said here... but I totally agree! She had that interested, curious look she some times gets with a scrunchy face lol when she asked if he knew the brand.

At first I felt really uncomfortable and badly for Joel at the bear part... but man. I would have wanted to pick and choose the clothes I wanted to bear to be made of (which I have been wanting to do!). Poor Joel thought that was an amazing gift. It may have been better if he prepaid for the service being done and letting Bonnie choose everything.

About Jennifer: I assume the way she is deeply ingrained with certain behaviors, her mom must have been the same. And maybe hers mom's mom... I wouldn't be surprised. Because she mentioned how her mom took her "into the city" to get nice clothes, even when that wasn't cool in her little farm town or whatever. I think of how often times the Griffiths seem to prefer quality over quantity.

I don't remember when or who, but one of the Griffiths children did mention how their dad was more of the mean one, or I guess the disciplinarian. I have a feeling like most dads, as his children have gotten older, he's gotten sweeter and is absolutely sweet with his grandchildren. I know that's how it is for me, my husband, and everyone I know well with children. Our fathers are softer and sweeter with our children. So, I imagine Jennifer was their sanctuary, always there for them, raised them for the majority of their lives, while their dad worked hard.

I've seen the Griffith's old home movie and Chad was very rough, out of order rough, with Ruby when she was barely a toddler. She was on a swing and he pushed her so hard it was all she could do to hold onto that swing for dear life. I was shocked! But Chad kept it up and good ole Ma Griff kept her mouth shut and kept filming. In fact, I think they were both too rough with her. You'd think they'd adore their first baby girl, but that isn't the way it came across on film. Ever since seeing that I can't help but think Chad is a sadist. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Jennifer resented the hell out of Ruby. And the way Jennifer glared at Ruby and spoke to her upon bringing Ellie home from the hospital, smh... It is no wonder Ruby was ready to get out from under those people at just 18 years old.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

Scar2016 wrote:
HeatherNancine wrote:Bonnie is my favorite of all the Griffiths, hands down. She's definitely got some quirks that I don't relate to... but I find her to be more entertaining to watch than the rest of the family. I can one hundred percent understand her reaction to the bear. I have a few of my outfits saved from childhood and we have used them for photographs of my nieces and now my granddaughter in those outfits. My mom and I would both slaughter anyone who cut them up. I was in tears for her! I saved some of the special outfits my boys wore and ... same thing. They might be in a box tucked away but that's where I want them, in tact. I used my granddaughter's tutu from her first birthday as my Christmas tree skirt this year (obviously I do a small tree). Those items are so precious and sentimental to me. I think Joel had the best intentions but... no.
I agree. Part of the memories is pulling out those tiny precious outfits and remembering your child/baby wearing it/when they wore it. A strip of fabric on a bear kinda doesn't cut the mustard the same way ref memorysville. Joel's intentions were wholly pure and good, he just got it wrong on that one, imo.
He should've known better than to get into her memories like that. I think he got off easy because the camera was rolling. A vlogger I used to watch found a service online and was able to pick what she wanted made along with the clothes she wanted to use. The finshed product was adorable. The bear Joel presented to Bonnie wasn't at all cute to me. I'm sure Joel hasn't heard the last of it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Do you think Bonnie who said Wounded Warriors Project was their sponsor today, was actually paid for this vlog as their sponsor or did she do this as a public announcement?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:Do you think Bonnie who said Wounded Warriors Project was their sponsor today, was actually paid for this vlog as their sponsor or did she do this as a public announcement?
There was an ad in front of mine. I believe that means she didn't get paid from any product placement or advertising within the vlog.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Geez...you might want to rethink YouTube is a lot more work than one person can do when you can have time to take a four hour nap or naps as much as they do. I wish they leave these parts out since it just contributes to my bias that they are simply lazy people and napping at their age is nonproductive as well as a bad habit.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

I'm sorry I'm a thrower/donater and I see things differently more from Joel's side. Why keep drawers full of clothes she can never wear again, they take up space and are never seen or used. Pick your favorites keep them and move on. I thought it was a wonderful idea and felt bad for him the moment she started freaking out. Poor Joel can't do right for Bonnie most the time I feel like she's never pleased if he strays his way for a moment

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Sweet456 wrote:I'm sorry I'm a thrower/donater and I see things differently more from Joel's side. Why keep drawers full of clothes she can never wear again, they take up space and are never seen or used. Pick your favorites keep them and move on. I thought it was a wonderful idea and felt bad for him the moment she started freaking out. Poor Joel can't do right for Bonnie most the time I feel like she's never pleased if he strays his way for a moment

She did keep her favorites and move on. She said she kept a few of her favorite items in a tote. Where did she say there were drawers full?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Sweet456 wrote:I'm sorry I'm a thrower/donater and I see things differently more from Joel's side. Why keep drawers full of clothes she can never wear again, they take up space and are never seen or used. Pick your favorites keep them and move on. I thought it was a wonderful idea and felt bad for him the moment she started freaking out. Poor Joel can't do right for Bonnie most the time I feel like she's never pleased if he strays his way for a moment

She did keep her favorites and move on. She said she kept a few of her favorite items in a tote. Where did she say there were drawers full?
I think Joel might have said there were a lot, but I bet my husband would say the same.

I think this one comes down to how sentimental you get about things. I realize not everyone holds onto things, but I certainly get the keeping baby clothes thing. I would be devastated if someone cut up my sons' clothes, whether I had kept one item or 20. It's something I kept for a reason.

I know Joel thought it was a lovely idea, but it really was the same as if Bonnie had made his old baseball cards into a collage.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:Geez...you might want to rethink YouTube is a lot more work than one person can do when you can have time to take a four hour nap or naps as much as they do. I wish they leave these parts out since it just contributes to my bias that they are simply lazy people and napping at their age is nonproductive as well as a bad habit.
I agree. I don't even take 4 hr naps when I'm sick and my husband is off for the day, and if I did, it definitely wouldn't be just so "oh, I guess I took a 4 hour nap." It would be a big deal.

The crib thing made me CRINGE. I'm fairly inventive when it comes to finding ways to keep the kids busy, but I would never tip over a crib! I wouldn't want to risk altering the structural integrity, and wouldn't want any of the kids trying to tip it over again another time. I also wouldn't be able to leave a huge space behind it for my oldest run around without the gap driving me crazy.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:

I think Joel might have said there were a lot, but I bet my husband would say the same.

I think this one comes down to how sentimental you get about things. I realize not everyone holds onto things, but I certainly get the keeping baby clothes thing. I would be devastated if someone cut up my sons' clothes, whether I had kept one item or 20. It's something I kept for a reason.

I know Joel thought it was a lovely idea, but it really was the same as if Bonnie had made his old baseball cards into a collage.

Better than having them sit collecting dust in a closet, either could be displayed and when Olivia is grown and out of the house and her parents aren't around she has something to hold onto that's more important than a old tote sitting in storage from her parents with her baby clothes. Because that's all that's going to happen with them sitting in a tote. She will have a special gift that her dad once gave her mom. Not a handful of out dated clothes. Again I get people are more sentimental than I but I thought it was a really nice thoughtful gift and he instantly felt awful about it. I do think she was shocked and that was just the reaction it is was it is but Joel certainly didn't expect it. Again I think Joel is just very under appreciated in general

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I am a thrower too and if I can't use it, I think who else might use it or throw it out. My idea of saving has not always been well received when I clean closets, drawers, but most times the things that have been donated or thrown are never missed. However, I think Bonnie isn't like me so I don't think this nice gesture was well received. I have saved one baptismal gown and that is it.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”