8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by seriously7 »

The older kids are just being nice to the younger siblings and viewers, they don't believe in any santa at that age.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by fossilfinger »

The kids' gifts were age-appropriate, tailored to their interests, and some of them were educational. Did anyone else get the vibe that Ruby picks their sports and instruments for them and the kids get no or very little choice? She was talking about doing hockey in the summer and I think signing Julie up for some sport, and they seemed completely disinterested.
SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

RecklessDisregard wrote:To my surprise, I didn't hate the post-Christmas interviews. I even found Russell and Eve sweet, and y'all know how I feel about those two. Obviously Ruby condensed the show-and-tell aspect by having the kids show their favorite gifts instead of all gifts. This was smart for a few reasons.

On the DB thread someone mentioned their child fans potentially not understanding why Santa brought them soooo much less than Ollie. I could see this being an issue for Ruby's fans too, given how many of them are very young. Obviously Ruby's kids got some high-dollar gifts, but the way she filmed the interviews made the quantity per child seem less overwhelming, as opposed to the room full of presents from their Christmas Day vlog.

BTW, at what age do most kids stop believing in Santa? I guess I erroneously believed most kids old enough to be rabid vlogger fans would have been over Santa already. Personally I caught my mom making my basket that was supposedly from the Easter Bunny when I was 4 or 5, and the magic sort of died of natural causes. But I pretended to believe for several more years so I would keep getting gifts, lol. I have much younger siblings, so "Santa" was still visiting our house when I was in college.
I stopped believing in Santa when I got a letter from him written in my dad's handwriting and with Santa's name spelled wrong :)
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

You can smell the YT money.
Don't recall and don't want to watch last year's but I am sure they didn't get as much.
Only Chad's drone is 1000 dollars, and Ruby was complaining for 100 dollars more for food.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Personal: My ex-husband's wife never did the Santa thing with her kids, so when they got married, we had to tell my kids the real deal earlier than expected. My kids were 6 and 8. Funny thing-- my daughter was glad that Santa wasn't real, because the idea of a man coming into our house at night after everyone was asleep, creeped her out, even if he was there to leave presents. My son was really wounded that we'd lied to him.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Thewatcherinthenorth
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Thewatcherinthenorth »

What the heck those presents are expensive. How can they afford about 4k on just the kids presents? I see julie didn't get her sewing machine... Because a segway will get more views probably
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Today's vlog has done it for me. She cares nothing about caring for and pare ting her children, because views are more important. I can't even hate watch anymore. The kids were blatantly disrespectful and rude to her and her authority and she gives in because they agreed to give her and I quote "good footage" are you kidding?! They would all be in there rooms with none of their new crap.

She's disgusting. Her kids are turning into ungrateful brats. Everything they preach is a load of crap.

Ruby, parent your teenager or you truly will be in a big hurt bag with her.
SunnySide0
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SunnySide0 »

Today's video left a bad taste in my mouth with the kids staging a strike. It really crossed the line and I think Shari was being very rude to her mom, I was annoyed when Ruby negotiated with them and said they could have their iPods back a day early.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ruby undermined by herself her authority over the children.
Now they know exactly what to do to get what they want: Just say they won't perform for the vlogs.

Also, this habit of hers annoys me.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

vVv wrote:Ruby undermined by herself her authority over the children.
Now they know exactly what to do to get what they want: Just say they won't perform for the vlogs.

Also, this habit of hers annoys me.
Shari and Russell both do that lip licking thing too. Drives me nuts.
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

If I even thought about pulling a stunt like the kids did today, my ass would've gotten whooped. ARe you kidding me?? Shari was a complete bitch. My golly...
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Thewatcherinthenorth wrote:What the heck those presents are expensive. How can they afford about 4k on just the kids presents? I see julie didn't get her sewing machine... Because a segway will get more views probably
They are making a lot of money on YouTube now. Before their channel blew up, Ruby was a housewife on a tight budget for a lot of years, and I don't know whether it's habit or pretense that causes her to carb-load her kids' meals and refer to normal living expenses as "painful." But they are doing really well, and the Christmas gifts will only have been a drop in the bucket as compared to their earnings.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

Julie didn't get the sewing machine and the reason might be that Julie wasn't that nice in 2016 (?!?!)
But Julie promise to be nicer in 2017 ("What We Got for CHRISTMAS 2016!" at 7:40), so maybe a sewing machine next christmas if Julie keeps her promise :?
Ruby didn't seem that excited about Julies part in the vlog, her tone changed and she sounded bored as she always does when it comes to Julie.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Also, I don't think the strike was real. I'm sure the younger kids did want their iPods back and probably they weren't acting, but I think the strike was a vlog stunt orchestrated by Ruby or possibly Kevin with Shari's cooperation.

The house would be trashed if the strike was real, because we all know who does the chores in their home. Not participating in a 1-hour fun activity is hardly a strike.

It probably did reflect a real power imbalance that is an issue in their family, though, with the kids providing the content for Ruby's profitable vlog. Christmas = payday.
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I agree with you RecklessDisregard. My thoughts about the vlog or all 8Passengers latest vlogs are exactly how you described it. I used believe that Kevin would some how protect and save his children from some of Ruby's bizarre behavior but I don't get him anymore, he just sits there and blends in. First, he looked like a hostage in that music-vlog (does Ruby go "mother dearest crazy" off camera?). The vlog when she asked Julie about breakfast and Julie didn't give her the correct answer indicates that she gets "mental" on them cause her face switched in a second from the happiest mother ever to totally angry woman...
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Today's video was all around gross. Behavior from the kids and Ruby. Blech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Ruby is not very good at editing. Vlogging is suppose to make your life look flawless. She actually left in the part where Shari promised to provide "good footage", which means, she has them perform. Why would she leave that in??
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I sure hope today's vlog was staged, my mom would have turned the camera off and showed us who is the boss (I would have been lucky to even get my ipod back after that at all) the part where Shari chased after the camera after Ruby walked in and took the camera back really made me think differently of her and Ruby better step up her role as a parent or else it's going to get worse!
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Ruby needs to pull her foot out of her butt and learn how to parent pre-teens and teenagers. It's only going to get worse from here with the negotiations. Shari needs a real attitude check. Ruby screwed herself when she started laughing.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I just had to watch from reading here. And i just dont get it.. its like they tried to ground themselves even more by going on strike.. they were going sledding? What kid wouldnt LOVE to go sledding? Wtf.. it seemed very scripted to me anyway..

Return to “8 Passengers”