2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: 2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Was lily a newborn when she was posting videos about the prolapsed rectum? I haven't been watching her that long so I really don't know.

If lily was older I don't really think it's fair to compare the situations. I'm not trying to diminish concerns about Lily's health, but even a simple cold/cough is terrifying when it comes to a newborn.
mocalyn
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by mocalyn »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Was lily a newborn when she was posting videos about the prolapsed rectum? I haven't been watching her that long so I really don't know.

If lily was older I don't really think it's fair to compare the situations. I'm not trying to diminish concerns about Lily's health, but even a simple cold/cough is terrifying when it comes to a newborn.
She filmed lily's stay in the NICU. . . And said really aweful things like "I'm filming this so she can see what she put ME through one day"

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

mocalyn wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote:Was lily a newborn when she was posting videos about the prolapsed rectum? I haven't been watching her that long so I really don't know.

She filmed lily's stay in the NICU. . . And said really aweful things like "I'm filming this so she can see what she put ME through one day"

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Just playing devils advocate, wasn't she expecting lily to not survive? I guess maybe that could make you feel differently going into it and want to document her journey. As far as the comments there's no real defending that except she was 18 and probably self centered still lol
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

Since when does Vanessa "keep to herself ". lol!
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

gypsophila wrote:So basically what I'm getting is it's wrong to talk about medical stuff, and it's wrong for her to say she's not going to talk about medical stuff? How does that work? Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't? Heaven forbid the girl actually matures and starts making good decisions, because no matter what she does it's wrong? Oh, okay.
I think it's more so people feeling defensive for Lily.
Her entire life is out there, very private details were awarded 15minute long videos with great detail...
Her learning disabilities, her milestone temper tantrums, everything is out there.

Now, it seems Charlie is being granted the privacy lily never was...

I get it.

At least that's my take on what people are saying..
Freaksngeeks
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Freaksngeeks »

Once Vanessa realized she could earn money off of Lily's life, given she was different so more people were drawn towards her out of curiosity, Vanessa put everything on the internet. Even things that should not have been discussed. I find it hard to believe she is trying to help other Turners girls because most people who do that go to conventions and fundraisering events, etc.
now here comes Charlie, and since she already has her following and her money, she doesn't have to expose Charlie. I feel Lily was used. It's harsh, I know but why else would she do the type of shit she did to Lily.
I truly believe life in Vanessa's world is all about her.
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Snow White wrote:
gypsophila wrote:So basically what I'm getting is it's wrong to talk about medical stuff, and it's wrong for her to say she's not going to talk about medical stuff? How does that work? Damned if she does, damned if she doesn't? Heaven forbid the girl actually matures and starts making good decisions, because no matter what she does it's wrong? Oh, okay.
I think it's more so people feeling defensive for Lily.
Her entire life is out there, very private details were awarded 15minute long videos with great detail...
Her learning disabilities, her milestone temper tantrums, everything is out there.

Now, it seems Charlie is being granted the privacy lily never was...

I get it.

At least that's my take on what people are saying..
I think you're interpreting correctly.

Idk if V is doing it intentionally, though rather than looking for an excuse. Lily was in the NCIU for three months (?) so V didn't really have to endure the struggle of having a newborn come home right away and immediately depend on her for survival--the nurses in the hospital did that for her most of the time and then when Lily came home, Nona helped out A LOT.

Now V is raising two kids on her own with who knows how much help from David. She's probably just too tired to want to vlog and THAT'S OK VANESSA. You don't need to pretend like you're some supermom who can do it all and come up with these flimsy excuses.

I think she wants to keep up with YT mom's who do continue to vlog right after baby No. X pops out, ignoring the fact that they have spouses who do the vlogging and editing for them (a la Dailybumps and Ellie and Jared). Shit, even Ean seems more willing to pick up the camera and vlog than David does since Ean did some filming in the hospital after Nolan was born. But, who cares?

Just say, "hey, my baby is brand new I won't be producing content as frequently." A week of life video and a monthly update is more than enough until one can get their schedule together.
Jeniusm
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Jeniusm »

Maybe V has learnt from her mistakes and is trying not to repeat them with Charlie? It doesn't stop that she aired every part of Lily's life but maybe this is part of her learning curve. Didn't she acknowledge her mistakes with Lily and say she regretted them?
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Jeniusm wrote:Maybe V has learnt from her mistakes and is trying not to repeat them with Charlie? It doesn't stop that she aired every part of Lily's life but maybe this is part of her learning curve. Didn't she acknowledge her mistakes with Lily and say she regretted them?

Which is totally fair. However, if she's seen the error of her ways, she should private a lot of those older videos of Lily then and give both children the same privacy & respect from here on out.
Some will argue there is an interest in Lily and fans will feel entitled to updates about Lily, but Vanessa is her mother and in the end no one can force her to share every detail of Lily's life.

Problem is, Lily's life updates pay the bills.

So the choice is, her daughters privacy or YT income.
Not saying she can't earn income with regular daily vlogs, just saying that's not where the money is. The money is in the views and Lily = views.
How many times have we seen "I only watch for Lily" written here alone?
gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

I agree totally, Lily should have privacy, and I'm glad she's deleting/privating some videos. Both of the kids should have equal privacy. I don't even like YT moms at all, because they are exploiting their kids IMO. I do like seeing the kids, but these moms do share too much. Yes, it's a paycheck, and yes, I have issues with that too. They should all get educated and get real jobs, or try to make a living on YT that doesn't include filming their kids. ;)
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

gypsophila wrote:I agree totally, Lily should have privacy, and I'm glad she's deleting/privating some videos. Both of the kids should have equal privacy. I don't even like YT moms at all, because they are exploiting their kids IMO. I do like seeing the kids, but these moms do share too much. Yes, it's a paycheck, and yes, I have issues with that too. They should all get educated and get real jobs, or try to make a living on YT that doesn't include filming their kids. ;)

Totally.
DreamLead
Talker
Talker

Unread post by DreamLead »

I hope Charlie hasn't already been circumcised. That would be horrible especially since the doctors would need to catheterize him in order to get a sterile urine sample. & does anyone else find it weird that Vanessa didn't even have her mother at the birth?
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

Her life is completely different than it was back then. She has two children now and picking up a camera isn't as simple.

She's maturing a hell of a lot. Even with Lily's last medical problem (getting stitches in her chin) was not vlogged and was scarcely mentioned. But she also isn't out of the hospital yet, so she might still have a video about Charlie to upload when they are home and out of the woods. I don't think at all that at this time in her life that she is treating Lily differently than Charlie. Her life was completely different when she had Lily and she was ridiculously immature. Comparing her choices with Lily to her choices with Charlie is unfair. You don't know if she regrets the mistakes she made with Lily and is making up for them with Charlie. You live and you learn.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

lonelysoul wrote:Her life is completely different than it was back then. She has two children now and picking up a camera isn't as simple.

She's maturing a hell of a lot. Even with Lily's last medical problem (getting stitches in her chin) was not vlogged and was scarcely mentioned. But she also isn't out of the hospital yet, so she might still have a video about Charlie to upload when they are home and out of the woods. I don't think at all that at this time in her life that she is treating Lily differently than Charlie. Her life was completely different when she had Lily and she was ridiculously immature. Comparing her choices with Lily to her choices with Charlie is unfair. You don't know if she regrets the mistakes she made with Lily and is making up for them with Charlie. You live and you learn.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
100%. Only time will tell if the children are treated the same or differently in all aspects of their lives. NO ONE can predict that right now. I, personally am not comparing her to her former self (as in Lily's new born days) I am comparing her to herself this past year, the last 6 months. Her updates about Lily's learning disabilities, her prolapsed rectum. Those videos happened in 2016. Not years ago.

She can continue to share without over sharing. It's a hard balance to find, but one I hope she can manage.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

DreamLead wrote:I hope Charlie hasn't already been circumcised. That would be horrible especially since the doctors would need to catheterize him in order to get a sterile urine sample. & does anyone else find it weird that Vanessa didn't even have her mother at the birth?
Was she at Lily's birth? That's the main thing I hate about V. How rude she is to her mother.
Kmommy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kmommy »

Blackswan wrote:
DreamLead wrote:I hope Charlie hasn't already been circumcised. That would be horrible especially since the doctors would need to catheterize him in order to get a sterile urine sample. & does anyone else find it weird that Vanessa didn't even have her mother at the birth?
Was she at Lily's birth? That's the main thing I hate about V. How rude she is to her mother.
There is nothing wrong with her mother not being there. Other then the doctors, I think the birth of a child should be only between the mother and father (unless father isn't in the picture). That's just my opinion tho...
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I am sure Nona had Lily during Charlies birth. There is no one else to keep her. Davids parents are like the most hands off grandparents ever.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

Kmommy wrote:
Blackswan wrote:
There is nothing wrong with her mother not being there. Other then the doctors, I think the birth of a child should be only between the mother and father (unless father isn't in the picture). That's just my opinion tho...
I meant more in general regarding V being disrespectful towards her mother. Not necessarily in the case of her not being there for Charlie's birth unless V was a total bitch about it.
LionCalledLeo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by LionCalledLeo »

How long has Charlie been in hospital now? I hope it's nothing serious and he's healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Charlie is just too dang adorable! Lily seems like such a good big sister and really adores him and I love how real Vanessa seems to be lately. I hope Charlie is healing, I don't have much social media so I can't keep up on how he is doing besides here and youtube.

Return to “2011teenagemom”