DailyFinnderella (part 78)

BlueMountains
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Unread post by BlueMountains »

janem wrote:So the venue for this release party has a capacity of 500 standing or 3OO seated. I think he's dreaming if he thinks he's going to get that amount of people. The instructions are so specific for adults bringing their kids. So even if your kid wanted to go to the meet and greet and they were too young to go in by themselves for a photo the parent would also have to pay.
Really wonder why they didn't use YouTube space again since it's feee to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think that he didn't have the venue at youtube space because he wasn't planning on having until last minute when pre-orders were low. That way all he has to do is pay for food, and he expects a ton of people to come, to help pay for the big expense that was his album

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Romeoxsavexme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Sorry, but I have no sympathy for poor Missy if she feels trapped in her marriage. In that case she's an adult and can make adult decisions.... be with Bryan or become independent. She doesn't get to ride his coat tails (because how much work is she putting into YT) and pout because he isn't more like her dad. She's raising her children to be more like Bryan than her dad, so I honestly think that theory is full of holes anyway.

Plus it's not like he was butch and handy when she met him. He literally was an emo poser (trendy at the time) with a camera in hand and the first words he said to her were bitchy af....

Sounds like Bryan to me!
Unfortunately, it's not that easy when you're in an abusive relationship to just leave.

Lol. Know what? As someone that's actually been in an abusive relationship, I find that suggestion not only offensive, but dangerous. We have seen nothing to suggest that Bryan is any kind of abusive towards Missy, either emotionally, verbally or physically.

Do we see Missy isolated? Do we see her being controlled? Has she had her power stripped away? Do we see her trying desperately to please her partner only to be dismissed time and time again. Is she questioned when she wants to spend time alone and miss out on events important to her partner?

Ok.... ask those same questions about Bryan.

Their relationship may be abusive, but I definitely don't see any signs of it being Bryan towards Missy. I actually think the Hollisters play on Bryan being weak and insecure. They dismiss him and keep it that way, so he'll keep catering to them and jumping through hoops.
francis3125
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by francis3125 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... e656a8.png[/img]

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

francis3125 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... e656a8.png[/img]

Bryan also LIES. His stepdad may have been an alcoholic, but I think it's just as likely that he's stumbled his way into a nice little story. No way he hasn't written a song about that by now if it's true.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

francis3125 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... e656a8.png[/img]

Besides, he's just a horrible dad.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Romeoxsavexme wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Sorry, but I have no sympathy for poor Missy if she feels trapped in her marriage. In that case she's an adult and can make adult decisions.... be with Bryan or become independent. She doesn't get to ride his coat tails (because how much work is she putting into YT) and pout because he isn't more like her dad. She's raising her children to be more like Bryan than her dad, so I honestly think that theory is full of holes anyway.

Plus it's not like he was butch and handy when she met him. He literally was an emo poser (trendy at the time) with a camera in hand and the first words he said to her were bitchy af....

Sounds like Bryan to me!
Unfortunately, it's not that easy when you're in an abusive relationship to just leave.

Are we seriously going to try and go back to the Bryan/Missy abusive dynamic?
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
longtimelurker24 wrote:Just watched the vlog.
Missy is much more relaxed when she's with just her dad or mum or brother and sister she seems so different. I think she really looks up to her dad as the "model of a man and father" and probably wishes Brian was more like him. Maybe thats why she got the tools for him for Christmas. But Brian is nothing like her dad, complete opposites. I think she may have a lot of regrets in her life choices and probably wishes she did things differently. I enjoy the clips of when it's with her and her dad I find it sweet how much she wants to please him. What went so wrong with her Brian ? You can tell she would love him to be more like her dad. Brian is immature he says stupid things and does stupid things and you can see she's getting tired of it, i would find it embarrassing having to ask my dad to do every DIY home thing because my child husband can't be bothered to do it or can't be bothered to learn how to do it.
I think so too. I remember one vlog scene - possibly from the 2015 Christmas video - where Missy and Jim are jumping on a trampoline together. The way Bryan filmed and edited that clip actually made me tear up, because the love between Missy and her dad was so clear and present. She so obviously loves and respects her dad.

Bryan is basically his opposite, though, in so many ways. It makes me wonder what she saw in Bryan... But I don't suppose she was being super selective at the time, as they were both so young.

I can kind of relate to this, though. I don't regret my marriage or dislike my husband, but there are times when I wish that modern men were... A little more mature. And I realize that some are, but it's also pretty common for grown men to play video games, own "toys," and generally be less interested in adulting all the time than was usual a generation or two ago. For me, I can say that my husband was... More guarded about those sort of things, both while we were getting to know each other and in our early marriage. I suppose we were both trying harder to be each other's ideal back then. I feel like that could be true for Missy and Bryan too. She was his harbor, a place to run away from a life he describes as intolerable... He probably would have tried to be anything she wanted back then, which is either romantic or really really sad, depending on your perspective.
That was written better than all 13 songs on his debut full length Album featuring OneRepublics touring keyboardist.

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

RecklessDisregard wrote:
longtimelurker24 wrote:Just watched the vlog.
Missy is much more relaxed when she's with just her dad or mum or brother and sister she seems so different. I think she really looks up to her dad as the "model of a man and father" and probably wishes Brian was more like him. Maybe thats why she got the tools for him for Christmas. But Brian is nothing like her dad, complete opposites. I think she may have a lot of regrets in her life choices and probably wishes she did things differently. I enjoy the clips of when it's with her and her dad I find it sweet how much she wants to please him. What went so wrong with her Brian ? You can tell she would love him to be more like her dad. Brian is immature he says stupid things and does stupid things and you can see she's getting tired of it, i would find it embarrassing having to ask my dad to do every DIY home thing because my child husband can't be bothered to do it or can't be bothered to learn how to do it.
I think so too. I remember one vlog scene - possibly from the 2015 Christmas video - where Missy and Jim are jumping on a trampoline together. The way Bryan filmed and edited that clip actually made me tear up, because the love between Missy and her dad was so clear and present. She so obviously loves and respects her dad.

Bryan is basically his opposite, though, in so many ways. It makes me wonder what she saw in Bryan... But I don't suppose she was being super selective at the time, as they were both so young.

I can kind of relate to this, though. I don't regret my marriage or dislike my husband, but there are times when I wish that modern men were... A little more mature. And I realize that some are, but it's also pretty common for grown men to play video games, own "toys," and generally be less interested in adulting all the time than was usual a generation or two ago. For me, I can say that my husband was... More guarded about those sort of things, both while we were getting to know each other and in our early marriage. I suppose we were both trying harder to be each other's ideal back then. I feel like that could be true for Missy and Bryan too. She was his harbor, a place to run away from a life he describes as intolerable... He probably would have tried to be anything she wanted back then, which is either romantic or really really sad, depending on your perspective.
That was written better than all 13 songs on his debut full length Album featuring OneRepublics touring keyboardist.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Romeoxsavexme wrote:

Sounds like Bryan to me!

Lol. Know what? As someone that's actually been in an abusive relationship, I find that suggestion not only offensive, but dangerous. We have seen nothing to suggest that Bryan is any kind of abusive towards Missy, either emotionally, verbally or physically.

Do we see Missy isolated? Do we see her being controlled? Has she had her power stripped away? Do we see her trying desperately to please her partner only to be dismissed time and time again. Is she questioned when she wants to spend time alone and miss out on events important to her partner?

Their relationship may be abusive, but I definitely don't see any signs of it being Bryan towards Missy. I actually think the Hollisters play on Bryan being weak and insecure. They dismiss him and keep it that way, so he'll keep catering to them and jumping through hoops.
Thank you so much. Missy is so not being abused by Bryan. She may seem happy when he's gone, but that's because she's miserable with him. But she doesn't want to pull up stakes and leave her cushy life. If anything, she abuses him. He buys her presents and says "Did I do good, babe?" And she says "meh". I don't think she is really abusive, but the warning signs fit more towards Bryan: she keeps him surrounded by her family, away from his, he jumps through hoops, and she all but pushes him away when he tries to be affectionate.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyFinnderella (part 78)

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Romeoxsavexme wrote: Unfortunately, it's not that easy when you're in an abusive relationship to just leave.

Thank you so much. Missy is so not being abused by Bryan. She may seem happy when he's gone, but that's because she's miserable with him. But she doesn't want to pull up stakes and leave her cushy life. If anything, she abuses him. He buys her presents and says "Did I do good, babe?" And she says "meh". I don't think she is really abusive, but the warning signs fit more towards Bryan: she keeps him surrounded by her family, away from his, he jumps through hoops, and she all but pushes him away when he tries to be affectionate.

I get it, everyone hates on Bryan because he's the King of Douche Mountain, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be treated the way Missy does. She can move on and find happiness elsewhere and let him find someone that will love and appreciate him. He's still a person!

Let's say for a second that he did grow up with a mom that pushed him aside for men.... it doesn't take a psychology major to figure out that history is repeating itself in his marriage. Bryan is sad and pathetic in his need to be recognized for sure, but the reasons why he continues to be this way are actually quite sad if you think about it. Plus if his wife isn't recognizing his value, then his children will probably grow up to dismiss him too.

And sure he isn't handy, but he does earn enough money to still get things done around the house. He could pay someone. The fact that Missy has her dad coming over and doing things actually speaks if. Oh dart issues. Would everyone really see it the same way if it was Bryan's mom coming over to cook, bake and clean Missy's house?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

^ that was supposed to say "speaks of boundary issues."
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Neither of them show signs of abusing each other. It's a huge accusation. Bryan praises Missy for breathing so I'm pretty sure that is the opposite of abuse. And I think Missy doesn't treat Bryan very well, but that is not the same as abuse.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

So, Bryan is releasing the album on 20 Jan, and that's when Trump's inauguration is!
CONFIRMED: Bryan will sing his new album at the presidential inauguration!

I don't think money change you, but they magnify your personality: either in a good way, humility, charity etc or in a bad way, Bryan.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I'm thinking that Bryan either booked the party too late to book YouTube LA or he thinks he will have much bigger of a crowd. It's too expensive for a lot of parents to buy. A family of four has to spend $120 on a basic ticket, which is too much to ask after the holidays. If he planned better, he would have sold tickets before Christmas when it would have been a Christmas gift.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I was expecting him to at least giveaway some free tickets to the viewers... But, no.
zacmum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by zacmum »

Dunno if anyone else has mentioned it.. but Cassie put a tweet up saying : "So many tragedies lately and people saying how terrible 2016 was. What's something good that happened for you in 2016? I started college"

Bryan's reply??

"we hit 2 million subscribers!!!"

Really Bryan?? That is what you first think of?? *smash my head* :x :x YouTube really does consume you doesn't it... surely there were better things than hitting a number count of YouTube.. tool.
zacmum
Talker
Talker

Unread post by zacmum »

HelloSweetie wrote:
zacmum wrote:I'm only just watching the Christmas vlog so a bit behind, but I cannot believe they went through some gifts without Finn!!!
1. he's not a bloody baby anymore. and 2. even if he was, he IS apart of the family.. why was he not there?
Too hard to deal with him? Seriously. My son was 8wks old on his first xmas and he couldn't do anything but we made sure he was sitting there in his rocker apart of it all.
What ass holes. Sorry but this would have been another perfect way to teach Ollie some manners. We should wait for Finn or go wake him up. It's Christmas ffs. I'm sure waking Finn a little early on one day wont kill you guys. :x :x
I really hate to defend them here but waiting for a baby to wake up to do Christmas, is a little different than holding off an older child and waiting for the baby to wake up.

Sure they could have waited to do some of the gifts, but why would B&M treat Finn any different on Christmas than they do every other day?
Yeah this is why I also said, maybe they should have woken Finn up. I dunno what the time was when they woke up, or how long it was until Finn woke up but surely they could have woken Finn up earlier that day. Everyone parents differently I guess, but there's no way I would start Christmas without all my kids there. Waking my 1yr old up 30mins-an hour earlier for 1 day I don't see the big deal.
It just put a bad taste in my mouth. You are right, why would they treat Finn any different? After all, wasn't that trampoline for Finn & Ollie? Bryan said Ollies trampoline. And that kitchen Ollie got, Bryan goes, oh you can play with it, with (pey or liv). How about your brother?! Shouldn't be surprised at all.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Amelia322 wrote:Which clip?! I need to see lol!

I can never successfully post links here, but I just went back and checked - it was indeed from the "Emotional Christmas" 2015 vlog, so just search that on YT. The timestamp is around 45:40.

It didn't seem quite as special this time, after just skimming the video to find that clip... So maybe it was better in context, or I was having an emotional day the first time I watched it, hahah. Even so, it's more genuine than anything I have ever seen in their vlogs, IMO.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

I agree with you all on that she's older enough to change things in her life , but sometimes is not as easy as that you can tell she's been sheltered all her life and have never really in some ways grown up. Her and Brian are so different and when teens proabably where good together now as adults we hardly see any affection between them just the casual "are babe you look so good". Brian is a Wanabee and fame hungry, he is constantly trying to fit in with whatever's popular at the moment. Missy is antisocial and you can tell she would rather spend her days in the garden with just her parents all day. They just always seem awkward together and I definatly don't believe she is in a abbusive relationship. I'm not saying Brian is the worst husband and father because his not but he really needs to look and rearrange his priorities again, he Nevers seems relaxed and himself it's awkward to watch. And missy needs to grow up aswell in a lot of ways she relays way too much on her parents if she desperately (and it's prettty clear) wants Brian to be more like her dad she needs to cut the cords a bit with her parents in the beginning and give Brian the room to be there like her dad is for her, In a way they are in the way of him stepping up. Ollie too is so different around his auntie, i loved the Vlog with him and Cassie on her channel he actually seemed to have a bit of character. Maybe it's because she treats him like a person and not a prop for a Vlog.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

I know this is a bit of a random comment but as I was saying about them being in what looks like a pretty unhappy marrige, do you think they argue? Brian doesn't seem like he would have a full blown argument maybe i'm seeing things wrong lol. And missy looks like the kind of person who would make small passive aggressive comments or say something under her breathe. Having an argument is a good thing in a couple sometimes it's needed in a way it creates passion. When you argue it's like you fight for something in a way showing that you care, its passion for the other person. I get the feeling they don't even communicate much let alone argue. Maybe i'm wrong lol.

Return to “Daily Bumps”