E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by Cgl33 »

I still don't get how posting a thumbnail like that is not defying their rules of modesty when it can reach millions of people, yet they can't wear that in public or it's immodest.

And I agree about the laundry room folding station. A folding station with storage for baskets underneath would have been better.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cgl33 wrote:I still don't get how posting a thumbnail like that is not defying their rules of modesty when it can reach millions of people, yet they can't wear that in public or it's immodest.

And I agree about the laundry room folding station. A folding station with storage for baskets underneath would have been better.
I agree about the laundry room too.

I'm the one that said I found it weird, and I've seen bathrooms with laundry before, so its not the concept I find strange, but the idea that Ellie not only designed this room, but hyped it up so much. I was expecting a far larger, laundry-only room complete with folding station, drying racks etc. A Pinterest worthy room! What she has is just a small bathroom with a washer and drier in it. Nothing really notable at all.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I've never had a big laundry room, usually just a closet where the machines are tucked away. As soon as the clothes come out of the dryer, they go to the sofa or bed to be folded, hung, etc. I just cannot imagine separating and folding laundry on the floor - especially in the vicinity of a toilet! I've seen toilets in laundry rooms a few times, always in older houses, and though it seems redundant, I don't find it nearly as disturbing as putting clean clothes on the floor!

I admit it's totally a nitpick, and not serious. But if I got to design my forever home, I agree with those who said a folding station would be ideal, with a long wide counter. And shelves. And a hanging rack. I mean, there are a lot of things I would have chosen differently than E+J, but laundry is a practical concern. I certainly can't picture myself on the hard floor processing clean clothes in my dream home.
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I've never had a big laundry room, usually just a closet where the machines are tucked away. As soon as the clothes come out of the dryer, they go to the sofa or bed to be folded, hung, etc. I just cannot imagine separating and folding laundry on the floor - especially in the vicinity of a toilet! I've seen toilets in laundry rooms a few times, always in older houses, and though it seems redundant, I don't find it nearly as disturbing as putting clean clothes on the floor!

I admit it's totally a nitpick, and not serious. But if I got to design my forever home, I agree with those who said a folding station would be ideal, with a long wide counter. And shelves. And a hanging rack. I mean, there are a lot of things I would have chosen differently than E+J, but laundry is a practical concern. I certainly can't picture myself on the hard floor processing clean clothes in my dream home.
Yes older homes is where I have totally seen that too and it's typically on a service porch type of place but not a planned thing, I think it's gross to throw nice clean clothes on the floor near the toilet, especially since people miss and hit the floor... a folding/ironing station just makes more sense for the space.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 547e1f.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 38f3e1.png[/img]

Eye-rolling so hard at the irony of Ellie mentioning this anxiety all the time as an excuse for all kinds of things, while somehow still preaching the Mormon philosophy of "just be happy."

I'm no stranger to anxiety. I have it. My son has it. Even a lot of my friends have it... all to varying degrees. We all have tools to manage it, but no one I know would smugly tell others to just get out and do things more, or be brave. There is no one solution. Like with IF, how can Ellie have such a lack of empathy (or understanding) for others going through something she's struggled through. Giving this advice to someone with anxiety is like telling someone with depression that the solution is to just try smiling more Image
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

HelloSweetie wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 547e1f.png[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016122 ... 38f3e1.png[/img]

Eye-rolling so hard at the irony of Ellie mentioning this anxiety all the time as an excuse for all kinds of things, while somehow still preaching the Mormon philosophy of "just be happy."

I'm no stranger to anxiety. I have it. My son has it. Even a lot of my friends have it... all to varying degrees. We all have tools to manage it, but no one I know would smugly tell others to just get out and do things more, or be brave. There is no one solution. Like with IF, how can Ellie have such a lack of empathy (or understanding) for others going through something she's struggled through. Giving this advice to someone with anxiety is like telling someone with depression that the solution is to just try smiling more Image
Yes. Everything you said. Yes

This drives me up the wall. I can't take how superficial she is. I too suffer from anxiety, and have for as far back as my memories go. If I was able to "change a few things" and become "happier than ever" and had ANY type of platform where people cared what I had to say, you can bet your sweet ass I would share every detail in hopes of helping others.

It's beyond irritating how she keeps putting out these little anecdotes about anxiety but /juuuust/ enough to bring her attention for being such a "strong" and "positive" person, but no more than that. I know I'm looking way too far into this but when I start to analyze it, it's offensive. This woman has zero empathy whatsoever. All she cares about is having the spotlight on her, whatever it takes.

And you can't use the excuse that, "it's a personal subject and she's not obliged to share. She doesn't feel comfortable blah blah blah." Because this woman basically shares what her shit looks and smells like, which is far more personal than sharing what helped you get through a hard time.

I feel like I'm just repeating myself here, but, what I'm really trying to say is: If you want to keep something private, then keep it private. But DON'T share little tidbits about it just to gain compliments and inquiries for the sake of feeding your ego. She reminds me of those attention hungry girls in high school that would say they looked fat or ugly just to hear people tell them how pretty they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Ellie folding laundry on the bathroom floor grosses me out so much. They are gross people and you know that floor is disgusting.
Well, if she's kneeling on the floor by the toilet as she's folding clothes, she might be multi tasking, if you get my drift..
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Ellie, you can't just wish anxiety away. The only way to treat it is by managing it using professional tools like therapy and/or medications. Otherwise, you are just burying it. It might work this month or this year, but it will come back and be even worse than before.

This is where I feel a little (just a little) bad for Ellie because I think her lack of understanding of mental illness is likely a product of her environment. I'm guessing her parents and her church both subscribe to the pick yourself up by your bootstraps philosophy. Yeah, that's great if you are having a bad day, but harmful if you suffer from something more serious and/or chronic. I think of what Ellie told that girl on twitter who said she was anxious and had suicidal thoughts. Ellie told her that she just keeps busy. Ellie, as the adult in that conversation, you should have told her she needs to to talk to her parents, that it's serious, and given her a suicide hotline number.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The vlog title seems to be missing two words: SHE TOOK IT (Her Weight) TOO FAR! ...
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think for Ellie anxiety is the new acne. It a new word she learned to excuse all.

I think she was sad and bitter because her sisters had nicer things than she did, and she now feels on top so she's a little happier and her "anxiety" is cured.

When that house doesn't feel as new and someone else buys something (or does something) that Ellie envies, I expect the anxiety problems (or acne) will return.
lilwhiteindian
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilwhiteindian »

Scar2016 wrote:The vlog title seems to be missing two words: SHE TOOK IT (Her Weight) TOO FAR! ...
Holy crap that is seriously concerning! And the number of girls that are potentially gonna look at her and want to be that thin terrifies me! Personal but as someone who had an eating disorder as a teenager, it never leaves you, even when you've recovered - I fight a battle in my head everyday especially after putting on weight due to several chronic illnesses.
I just cannot understand how her family just ignore it or even enable it?? I'd be seriously worried about the effect it will have on Jackson and Calvin's relationship with food as they grow up. I know all of this has already been said, but it really does terrify me :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I think for Ellie anxiety is the new acne. It a new word she learned to excuse all.

I think she was sad and bitter because her sisters had nicer things than she did, and she now feels on top so she's a little happier and her "anxiety" is cured.

When that house doesn't feel as new and someone else buys something (or does something) that Ellie envies, I expect the anxiety problems (or acne) will return.
This 100%. It's not anxiety. It's jealousy. The world HAS to revolve around Ellie. Because Ellie is incapable (or refuses to) of revolving around the world. Selfish, self centered, self serving.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think for Ellie anxiety is the new acne. It a new word she learned to excuse all.

She said that 9 months ago she started to change. 9 months ago they started making decisions on the house.
Again, keeping herself busy to ignore the anxiety.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Cgl33 wrote:Ellie, you can't just wish anxiety away. The only way to treat it is by managing it using professional tools like therapy and/or medications. Otherwise, you are just burying it. It might work this month or this year, but it will come back and be even worse than before.

This is where I feel a little (just a little) bad for Ellie because I think her lack of understanding of mental illness is likely a product of her environment. I'm guessing her parents and her church both subscribe to the pick yourself up by your bootstraps philosophy. Yeah, that's great if you are having a bad day, but harmful if you suffer from something more serious and/or chronic. I think of what Ellie told that girl on twitter who said she was anxious and had suicidal thoughts. Ellie told her that she just keeps busy. Ellie, as the adult in that conversation, you should have told her she needs to to talk to her parents, that it's serious, and given her a suicide hotline number.
That is plain scary how Ellie responded. It also says how Social Media has issues when you see nonprofessionals giving out advice and/or not referring to them to appropriate/professional help like you stated.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I've never had a big laundry room, usually just a closet where the machines are tucked away. As soon as the clothes come out of the dryer, they go to the sofa or bed to be folded, hung, etc. I just cannot imagine separating and folding laundry on the floor - especially in the vicinity of a toilet! I've seen toilets in laundry rooms a few times, always in older houses, and though it seems redundant, I don't find it nearly as disturbing as putting clean clothes on the floor!

When we built our house in Washington, we had a combination mud room/laundry room. It had a deep sink for soaking or rinsing stuff out, a folding counter, and lots of cabinets. No toilet, but we had plenty of bathrooms. I totally agree that it's ridiculous to design it and have it so she has to sit on the floor (eww, with all the guys in the house!) and fold laundry.
God, I loved that house. Too bad my husband and I split and we had to sell it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

at the beginning of the vlog i thought ellie's face looked fuller and glowy.... just like it did when she was pregnant.

and then the constant references with kids the same ages and her friend being pregnant.

AND THEN the bit in the car where they say they've been meaning to talk on the vlog about it, but don't know when. the way it was worded, made me go "hmmmmm".
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:at the beginning of the vlog i thought ellie's face looked fuller and glowy.... just like it did when she was pregnant.

and then the constant references with kids the same ages and her friend being pregnant.

AND THEN the bit in the car where they say they've been meaning to talk on the vlog about it, but don't know when. the way it was worded, made me go "hmmmmm".
Right? There have been a lot of signs and hints leaving me wondering if they aren't trying to get people guessing and curious to build up hype.

Know what usually builds hype? A belly usually builds hype, and since Ellie doesn't have one it could take a while for people to start wondering.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
actuallydear wrote:at the beginning of the vlog i thought ellie's face looked fuller and glowy.... just like it did when she was pregnant.

Right? There have been a lot of signs and hints leaving me wondering if they aren't trying to get people guessing and curious to build up hype.

Know what usually builds hype? A belly usually builds hype, and since Ellie doesn't have one it could take a while for people to start wondering.
i keep going back and forth between whether or not they're actively trying right now. i don't think she would get pregnant without the use of fertility treatments again.. and i think they know that will bring the views back in, especially since they're doing the big ivf bonanza thing. i'm also in two minds on whether or not they'll be open with the journey, or just plain come out and be all "surprise" like b&m did (as predicted).

documenting the journey would garner more adult views, but a large majority of their viewership are children so they could actually lose views if they focus too much on the process of getting pregnant VS a baby announcement.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Ellie hung out with "friends" today, I bet she was like a fish out of water. I also bet she was beyond twitchy because that was a messy house!!
JoCo 89
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by JoCo 89 »

For real!! If you have anxiety, GET PROFESSIONAL HELP!!! They can afford it! And her view if emotions and of mental health is SO TOXIC, and probably qualifies as neglect or abuse when directed at her children. It makes me so mad and sad and scared..

Return to “Ellie and Jared”