BritneyandBaby: Part 19

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBaby: Part 19

Unread post by Blackswan »

Wow. That's crazy!!! I really want one of those bassinet strollers that run $500 and up but will never buy one. It would hurt to pay that. Even being financially stable how does dropping $600+ on two car seats not hurt her soul? LOL. I'm all for people spending their money how they want but does she not realize she's setting these young girls that watch her up for failure? They want to be like her and some even want to be teen moms. Britney beat the statistic that comes with being a teen mom. She is the exception to the rule. These poor young girls are gonna face a slap in the face when they get pregnant have the baby and not live like Britney does.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Nuggetsaremylife wrote:
smom12 wrote:Speaking of her spending, WHY ON EARTH DID SHE NEED TWO BRAND NEW CAR SEATS??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She said so that she can fit all 3 kids in one row. Which I don't get what the f the purpose of getting a car with 3 rows was lol especially since they are leasing that car so you know it will be gone in 2 years so she can't even try to say "it's for when they are older" she needs to put aria in the back so she is able to sit by the baby if she needs too or so that ya know she doesn't have to spend $600 on new car seats smh

Honestly that reasoning she gave is so asinine. If that was the case, why did they make it such a point to find an SUV with 3rd row seating??? Just another excuse to spend spend spend.

My stepdad has a saying..."new money screams, old money whispers".

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

smom12 wrote:
Nuggetsaremylife wrote:
smom12 wrote:Speaking of her spending, WHY ON EARTH DID SHE NEED TWO BRAND NEW CAR SEATS??

She said so that she can fit all 3 kids in one row. Which I don't get what the f the purpose of getting a car with 3 rows was lol especially since they are leasing that car so you know it will be gone in 2 years so she can't even try to say "it's for when they are older" she needs to put aria in the back so she is able to sit by the baby if she needs too or so that ya know she doesn't have to spend $600 on new car seats smh

Honestly that reasoning she gave is so asinine. If that was the case, why did they make it such a point to find an SUV with 3rd row seating??? Just another excuse to spend spend spend.

She needs to quit trying to justify her purchases because it makes her sound stupid af. She needs to just say " I bought this because I wanted it and that's that" stop giving stupid excuses that make absolutely no sense lol

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

smom12 wrote: My stepdad has a saying..."new money screams, old money whispers".

Oh so he knows about Britney? LOL. Ima start using that saying!
Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

Lol she is so predictable buying those car seats.

We have a 3 row suv with the bench seats too..instead of buying 100 new car seats we are making our 5 year old jump in the back lol. We didn't think we would ever have a third when we bought our suv though. I have no idea why she would go out and buy an suv with bench seats while she was already pregnant.

Are there still people defending her shopping habits lol
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if she's going to buy a new crib for bebeh gurrl or use Nolans brand new one when they move to a 4 bedroom next year so bebeh gurrl can have her own room?
Sosie Lark
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sosie Lark »

Yogabbagabbat wrote: Are there still people defending her shopping habits lol
Yes, and I think it's so funny. Whether she can afford it or not, she spends compulsively and frivolously. She could have 10 million subscribers and live in a mansion, and yeah, I'd still make fun of her for some of the stuff she buys. She got so sad during one of her baby hauls that it was the last haul. Spoiler alert, turns out it wasn't the last one.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

Wait, where did she share the carseat haul? Snapchat?

At least she spent a lot on something that's actually important, unlike diaper bags and onesies and freaking kids' utensils. I love our Dionos and they are great seats. They are more narrow and can fit 3 across better. I think the 3rd row thing was because it's trendy and she wanted an excuse to get a new vehicle. I think it's tough to use the 3rd row if your child can't actually buckle themselves in and out of their own carseat properly, which I doubt Aria can. We have third row seating but we have 2nd row captain's seats (so there's sort of an "aisle" in between). We're expecting our third but our oldest is old enough to buckle himself in, so he's moving back there. It would be impossible to buckle him into the 3rd row unless I went through the back/trunk area, or climbed through (which would be nearly impossible with car seats). I'm curious how she'll actually configure the seating.

I don't get the 600 newborn sized outfits. To me, that's the bigger waste of money, more than all the other trendy stuff (and, to be fair, lots of stuff was given to her). My kids wore newborn size for, like, a week. What a waste of money. It's not like she couldn't make a Target run if the baby was small and she needed more of them. I bet most of those will be outgrown before the tags come off.

This is her last PREGNANCY haul, we all know she will be shopping a ton for this baby and she will need all the latest toys and gadgets to make things easier because it's so so so stressful keeping it real with those crazy kids.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Sosie Lark wrote:
Yogabbagabbat wrote: Are there still people defending her shopping habits lol
Yes, and I think it's so funny. Whether she can afford it or not, she spends compulsively and frivolously. She could have 10 million subscribers and live in a mansion, and yeah, I'd still make fun of her for some of the stuff she buys. She got so sad during one of her baby hauls that it was the last haul. Spoiler alert, turns out it wasn't the last one.
That in and of itself is sad. She got sad because she couldn't haul anymore baby things?? Seriously? Let's list her hauls, shall we:
The momaroo or wtf it's called
the 100 newborn outfits
the million blankets and bibs
the car seat
the bassinet
The two diaper carts
Baby wraps
Swaddle me
Sheets
She doesn't leak but she buys nipple pads?
Bottles
Boppy pillow cover
Ear thermometer
Diaper bags, plural
Travel bath
Momaroo insert and seat cover ( don't they come with something?)
Burp cloths
Outfits
Car seat cover
Nursing cover
Baby slings, plural
Rug
Play gym (ummm 135 bucks?!)
Shopping cart hammock
Photo cards
Dockatot

And she is sad after all this, then gets 2 $300 car seats?

Girl needs a therapist. If she has one, she needs anew one, immediately.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Mind you, just between the 2 car seats, the dockatot, and the gym, she spent almost $1000

Nuggetsaremylife
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nuggetsaremylife »

smom12 wrote:Mind you, just between the 2 car seats, the dockatot, and the gym, she spent almost $1000

The gym and dockatot were both sent to her for free but he car seats are still ridiculous

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Nuggetsaremylife wrote:
smom12 wrote:Mind you, just between the 2 car seats, the dockatot, and the gym, she spent almost $1000

The gym and dockatot were both sent to her for free but he car seats are still ridiculous

I stand corrected, then. But yeah that is just utter bullshit. I understand wanting the best, but come on.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

It's sad because it's just so apparent that the shopping really is an attempt to fill a void in her life. She has always been a big shopper but it's progressively gotten much much worse. Therapy would be so much cheaper and more productive for her.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Does anyone know what she was gifted besides what is mentioned above? I'm bored at work lol

exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:It's sad because it's just so apparent that the shopping really is an attempt to fill a void in her life. She has always been a big shopper but it's progressively gotten much much worse. Therapy would be so much cheaper and more productive for her.
I wish she'd do something just for herself. Not youtube, because it's still a job and the focus is still on the kids. But taking time for yourself as a mother, especially a stay at home mom who spends all day and all night with her kids, truly makes you a better mother and it's good for you as a woman. It's good for your kids to see you do things for yourself. It's good to have a hobby. It's good to get out of the house (and not just to drink Starbucks and buy stuff for your kids and house). I used to be kind of be the same way but making time for myself and finding creative outlets has made me a much better mother and more content in my role at home. I also quit shopping frivolously. I hope she finds something of her own someday.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

smom12 wrote:
Nuggetsaremylife wrote:

Love that quote and I think it rings true for B. I have a feelinmg she wasnt well off as a kid and this is her way of making up for it.
CrzyLtlPrttyThng
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CrzyLtlPrttyThng »

Nuggetsaremylife wrote:

She's going to realize really fast that she isn't going to want all 3 sitting in one row. I know it's because she doesn't want to have to help Aria into the 3rd row/help buckle her back there. IT'S NOT HARD. She can't sit there and say they needed an SUV for bigger trunk space at this point in their life. No, they needed a bigger car because they will now have 3 children and you need that extra row. TRUST ME.

She just needed an excuse to buy new car seats. We know that.
CrzyLtlPrttyThng
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CrzyLtlPrttyThng »

exracer wrote:Wait, where did she share the carseat haul? Snapchat?

At least she spent a lot on something that's actually important, unlike diaper bags and onesies and freaking kids' utensils. I love our Dionos and they are great seats. They are more narrow and can fit 3 across better. I think the 3rd row thing was because it's trendy and she wanted an excuse to get a new vehicle. I think it's tough to use the 3rd row if your child can't actually buckle themselves in and out of their own carseat properly, which I doubt Aria can. We have third row seating but we have 2nd row captain's seats (so there's sort of an "aisle" in between). We're expecting our third but our oldest is old enough to buckle himself in, so he's moving back there. It would be impossible to buckle him into the 3rd row unless I went through the back/trunk area, or climbed through (which would be nearly impossible with car seats). I'm curious how she'll actually configure the seating.

I don't get the 600 newborn sized outfits. To me, that's the bigger waste of money, more than all the other trendy stuff (and, to be fair, lots of stuff was given to her). My kids wore newborn size for, like, a week. What a waste of money. It's not like she couldn't make a Target run if the baby was small and she needed more of them. I bet most of those will be outgrown before the tags come off.

This is her last PREGNANCY haul, we all know she will be shopping a ton for this baby and she will need all the latest toys and gadgets to make things easier because it's so so so stressful keeping it real with those crazy kids.

She wasn't even looking at the Santa Fe until Keren mentioned she wanted a white Santa Fe because it looked just a higher end SUV she liked. Guess who goes and chooses the Santa Fe? You got it!
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Okay, so the purpose of this post is twofold--to show Britney how ridiculous she was when she said " you don't need as much for the last kid" and for the person who said " she didn't get much what r you talking about? So since I was bored at work, let's begin. Please keep in mind that these are guesstimates:

1st haul
3 Pants-$30
6 sleepers-$20
Dress-$10(?)
Sleeper-10
4pairs socks-16
6 pants carters-60(?)
Shirts-4
Sweater-8
3 Onesies- 15
3 Pants- 15
Sweater-10
3 Sleepers-24
Shirt-8
Total for first haul:$230

2nd haul
Sweater -8
2 Shirt-16
3 Sleepers-24
2 Pants-8
3 outfits-36
Shirt and pants cat and jack 15$
Striped blanket-10
Orange blanket-10
Flora blanket-10
Covered goods-35$
Withering iris bows-3 big and 7 multipacks-50
Baby wrap-2-$130
Total: $362

3rd haul
Infant travel bath-35- she doesn't go anywhere!!!
Momaroo seat fabric-$60
Momaroo insert-$30
Halo bassinet- 200
Mattress pad-2-32
Swaddle me-15
2 hooded towels and 3 washcloths-36
10 pack cloth diapers-25
Car seat-110?
Total: $523

4th haul
Baby wrap-40
2 swaddle me-30
2 bassinet sheets-20
Nipple pads-10
Nipple cream-5
Bottle 13
Boppy cover-10
Blanket-15
Dream blanket-50$'
Thermometer forehead-30
Honey diaper caddy 90$
Diaper bag -80$(?)
4 Sleepers-33
Hat-7
6 onesies-48
Pants-5
Total: $486

Two car seats-$600

Grand total: $2200. And I was being conservative with the prices.

Discuss.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I can't believe she bought Dionos for kids that are already forward facing. They are so bulky and hard to install and don't last as long as some cheaper seats. She saw they were expensive and bought them, no reason other than that.

I just bought a new car and looked at the Santa Fe/Sorento and it was so small and claustrophobic. There is NO room behind the 3rd row with the seat up, im talking like 13.5 cubic feet. Not even enough to put a few bags of groceries in.

Return to “Britneyandbaby”