E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And the thing about Ellie's weight is, that after her crying about haters, hiding the fact that she wasn't breastfeeding Calvin anymore, and all the things she's said about trying to gain weight, she still posts pictures of incredibly small portions, of herself sitting in a baby swing, and deletes and blocks even concerned comments about her weight.
I have people in my family who are naturally thin, and people who have struggled with obesity. But the bottom line is that we aren't talking about me and my family. We're talking about Ellie. And she seriously seems to have some issues, and she's going to pass them on. And that's not fair to Jackson or Calvin.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

did anyone see the look and "goodbye!" ellie gave in bonnie's vlog at 13:20?

she looked and sounded piiiiiisssssssssssed.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Pency »

Oh my, how embarrassed must Ellie be for running out of flour??? Don't all the Griffiths have enough dry goods to last them through a nuclear winter? I bet she's on Jennifer's naughty list.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Pency wrote:Oh my, how embarrassed must Ellie be for running out of flour??? Don't all the Griffiths have enough dry goods to last them through a nuclear winter? I bet she's on Jennifer's naughty list.
she definitely had a melt down before the vlog started. you can see it in her face and hear it in her voice. i wonder if the meltdown was from the flour or that was the straw that broke the camels back?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:And the thing about Ellie's weight is, that after her crying about haters, hiding the fact that she wasn't breastfeeding Calvin anymore, and all the things she's said about trying to gain weight, she still posts pictures of incredibly small portions, of herself sitting in a baby swing, and deletes and blocks even concerned comments about her weight.
I have people in my family who are naturally thin, and people who have struggled with obesity. But the bottom line is that we aren't talking about me and my family. We're talking about Ellie. And she seriously seems to have some issues, and she's going to pass them on. And that's not fair to Jackson or Calvin.

Exactly. And it's not like the weight/health of other vloggers isn't discussed. It absolutely is! It comes up daily on other boards. Bonnie's weight and diet comes up often, Bryan and Missy are constantly questioned about their health.... so to argue that should be somehow be discussed along with Ellie's issue makes no sense. It's a deflection. It's an argument that Eugenia Cooney fans have made for years, and all it's has done is enable her. This is a discussion board due E&J, so naturally their health is going to be discussed. It's hard to care about Jared's Dr Pepper addiction when there's a bigger elephant in the room.

I've said before, my aunt has had an eating disorder for years now. I see a lot of similarities in how Ellie behaves and speaks about food. My aunt has a lot of energy, but definitely is not healthy in other ways, energy alone does not somehow make an eating disorder not a problem. They also don't really do much in a day. It's easy to appear energetic for a 15 minute vlog. I watch a Vlogger with Cystic Fibrosis who is at least 10 pounds heavier than Ellie (similar height) but under doctor's orders to drink shakes to put on weight. She has a serious illness and is exhausted most of the time, but you wouldn't really know it watching the vlogs because she only vlogs when she's in the more active part of her day.

It is possible to be healthy and thin, but it is also possible to be healthy and heavier. I am not one of the posted that routinely body shames any type, but I most definitely will call out health concerns if I see them.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I think it's funny that Lydia said not to thin shame and then talks badly about Joel and Bonnie's weight, who look perfectly healthy to me. Wow...
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

When diarrhoea strikes.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I think we also as a group need to work on not stereotyping Mormoms based on the Griffiths. They aren't the standard for Mormons. I have a good friend who actually lived in the town Ellie and Bonnie do (I figured out she moved before they lived there - dang!) and she deals with depression, anxiety and real life issues. She's liberal, etc. Its too easy to stereotype groups and I think we are guilty of doing that from time to time on here, myself included.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

workfromhomemom wrote:I think we also as a group need to work on not stereotyping Mormoms based on the Griffiths. They aren't the standard for Mormons. I have a good friend who actually lived in the town Ellie and Bonnie do (I figured out she moved before they lived there - dang!) and she deals with depression, anxiety and real life issues. She's liberal, etc. Its too easy to stereotype groups and I think we are guilty of doing that from time to time on here, myself included.
I see what you're saying and to an extent I agree, but I definitely feel like we can't help but see similar patterns with a lot of the Mormon vloggers. It's not just the Griffith's. If you follow any Mormon wife/mommy blogs they all show the same "be happy and perfect" mentality. I do agree though, that it's probably a regional issue, and that we should be careful to not make assumptions about all Mormons in general. I think it comes down to exposure. If you're a LDS member living in an area with more diversity, you're going to view the world differently.

Depression and anxiety are not LDS issues, but there are statistics suggesting a higher incidence among them, particularly in UT. I would think it would be hard for both Mormon and non- Mormons to live within the LDS bubble where there clearly is a lot of pressure to be/have/do it all perfectly.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Keep in mind that the LDS church encourages and sponsors mormon vloggers to make the kind of content that we're seeing from them. They all live very similar cookie cutter lives with similar views and values. If that's not a shining example of mormon culture then I don't know what is.

If you research mormonism you'll find that it's full of strange, nonsensical teachings and beliefs. Where I'm from it's even seen as a cult. I'm sure some mormons are nice people, but look back at the beginning of this forum. E&J were the gold standard for perfect, gracious human beings. Now, people see something sinister lurking beneath the surface.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

actuallydear wrote:did anyone see the look and "goodbye!" ellie gave in bonnie's vlog at 13:20?

she looked and sounded piiiiiisssssssssssed.
Yep! Yikes, she looked so mad and sounded very bitchy.
millercoop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by millercoop »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016123 ... 040074.jpg[/img]

This is a really old picture on Ellie's instagram.. but I know where Calvin gets his looks from.... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
millercoop
Talker
Talker

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016123 ... 040074.jpg[/img]

This is a really old picture on Ellie's instagram.. but I know where Calvin gets his looks from.... lol

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

That's just scary!!
millercoop
Talker
Talker

I know this isn't Bonnie's thread but I was just curious what you guys think of her? Obviously everyone here isn't a fan of Ellie (& Jared) but I was wondering how everyone felt about Bonnie. I haven't been watching her very long, but I really like her. I'm scared to go look at her thread because I don't want to read all the negative things about her and start disliking her too hahah. But from what I've seen she seems sweeter and more genuine than Ellie. Yes or no?

staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

millercoop wrote:I know this isn't Bonnie's thread but I was just curious what you guys think of her? Obviously everyone here isn't a fan of Ellie (& Jared) but I was wondering how everyone felt about Bonnie. I haven't been watching her very long, but I really like her. I'm scared to go look at her thread because I don't want to read all the negative things about her and start disliking her too hahah. But from what I've seen she seems sweeter and more genuine than Ellie. Yes or no?

I like her, her thread isn't super negative. She has a few issues that people don't agree with but for the most part people seem to like her. She's so much warmer than Ellie and much more likeable

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Yeah, it seems to me like people either love or hate Bonnie so that's kind of what it's like on her thread.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

millercoop wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016123 ... 040074.jpg[/img]

I remember seeing this picture before and noticing the resemblance. It's made me wonder if maybe Cal is the favourite because he more closely resembles Ellie.

I agree though, she wasn't exactly the cutest kid.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I remember seeing this picture before and noticing the resemblance. It's made me wonder if maybe Cal is the favourite because he more closely resembles Ellie.

She thinks she looks like _Jackson_? Nope. Jackson is much cuter. She looks just like Calvin, though.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:

She thinks she looks like _Jackson_? Nope. Jackson is much cuter. She looks just like Calvin, though.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”