Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I thought that explanation about the Gatorade bottle was odd. I work from home too. I have a trash bin and a recycling bin near my work-space. Granted, given the work that I do, I would be knee deep in cardboard and plastic if i didn't stay on top of it. It's not difficult to keep your trash from piling up. Time management is extremely important when you work from home. You have to hold yourself accountable. I think they have problems because they rarely have a set time to be anywhere aside from maybe MG's classes.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

angelfire89 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I hate to say this because I love c&k but they need to stop complaining about being so busy and still not opening their presents. There is no way they haven't had time to open them. I wish my biggest worry was getting to the hairdresser on time and finding time to open Christmas presents. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These are my suggestions since watching them is driving me nuts and I like them the best. I think they stay up too late and consequently their day starts later so they could try to change this. They don't have good time management skills and I suggest they write down what they should be doing hourly. The other issue is the clutter which makes them less organized. I think it is Katie who doesn't let go of things. I would pack up part of the kids toys and rotate them. They have a lot of toys. Clear those shelves some too and counter tops. The changing table in the office goes in the baby's bedroom. Leave the dining room as it is intended, the cats can live without the cat tower and don't put a computer in there. No one will buy their home with a cat tower in an eating area and if they want to sale fast start painting.

They seem like they are constantly running around and getting nowhere fast. So in their minds they are busy, but it is more their organization skills. A good example is they showed up at 1:30 p.m. to the Christmas day brunch and that is not good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
They have a changing table downstairs because it would be inconvenient to go up to his room every time they need to change him. Though I wonder how often they really use it rather than just changing him on the couch or floor or wherever they are.

Cats should have a cat tree/tower. They've shown that even with the tree, the cats go after the furniture occasionally. Without, everything would probably get destroyed. I agree that having it in the dining room may not be the most ideal but, they don't have a ton of options. Unless maybe they put it in the living room where Gaines' play table was.
I guess it depends on if they have had the cats declaw. I've seen cat owners homes, but no cat towers. They roam and have their special spots. There is no room for the changing table so that is why I'd move it and walk upstairs to do this.

All were just my opinions/suggestions on a message board which are not relevant to anyone including or especially the YouTubers and based on what was shown in their vlog today with them looking at rearranging a few rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:But there's a time management issue going on with them. And they have more of an adult audience than some other family channels, so comments about being "so busy" will alienate a larger percent of their audience. I'm surprised they haven't thought this through, because it's clear that Cullen is trying to grow the channel.
It appears daytime naps come in the door as objective thinking flies out the door, with full time vloggers, imo.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:And throwing out your drink containers when you work from home should be getting up and putting it in the garbage or recycling...geez.
I agree, Cullen's reasoning was ridiculous. Just own it and say you're lazy, it's not like that main floor area is 2 or 5 or 10,000 square feet lol.

Coincidental all this talk about tackling the clutter situation after pages on here discussing it? Or no..
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

tratra58 wrote:
angelfire89 wrote:
tratra58 wrote: These are my suggestions since watching them is driving me nuts and I like them the best. I think they stay up too late and consequently their day starts later so they could try to change this. They don't have good time management skills and I suggest they write down what they should be doing hourly. The other issue is the clutter which makes them less organized. I think it is Katie who doesn't let go of things. I would pack up part of the kids toys and rotate them. They have a lot of toys. Clear those shelves some too and counter tops. The changing table in the office goes in the baby's bedroom. Leave the dining room as it is intended, the cats can live without the cat tower and don't put a computer in there. No one will buy their home with a cat tower in an eating area and if they want to sale fast start painting.

They seem like they are constantly running around and getting nowhere fast. So in their minds they are busy, but it is more their organization skills. A good example is they showed up at 1:30 p.m. to the Christmas day brunch and that is not good.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
They have a changing table downstairs because it would be inconvenient to go up to his room every time they need to change him. Though I wonder how often they really use it rather than just changing him on the couch or floor or wherever they are.

Cats should have a cat tree/tower. They've shown that even with the tree, the cats go after the furniture occasionally. Without, everything would probably get destroyed. I agree that having it in the dining room may not be the most ideal but, they don't have a ton of options. Unless maybe they put it in the living room where Gaines' play table was.
I guess it depends on if they have had the cats declaw. I've seen cat owners homes, but no cat towers. They roam and have their special spots. There is no room for the changing table so that is why I'd move it and walk upstairs to do this.

All were just my opinions/suggestions on a message board which are not relevant to anyone including or especially the YouTubers and based on what was shown in their vlog today with them looking at rearranging a few rooms.

Having your cats declawed is controversial among pet owners and something a lot of vets won't do anymore. New Jersey is trying to become the first state to outright ban it. I agree that if the cats need a cat tower (I know my husband's could use one because she likes being up high away from my dog and likes being able to be high enough where she can walk evenly from one surface like a chair to another like our laps), but yes maybe it should be placed elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:And throwing out your drink containers when you work from home should be getting up and putting it in the garbage or recycling...geez.
I agree, Cullen's reasoning was ridiculous. Just own it and say you're lazy, it's not like that main floor area is 2 or 5 or 10,000 square feet lol.

Coincidental all this talk about tackling the clutter situation after pages on here discussing it? Or no..

I think they see these messages. I do think they are a better channel and good parents compared to others for many reasons.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh my, Cullen's QVC insert when Katie is showing Ellie and Jared's Xmas present tickled for more than one reason lol.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:Oh my, Cullen's QVC insert when Katie is showing Ellie and Jared's Xmas present tickled for more than one reason lol.
LOL...so funny Cullen!
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Oh wow life when you work from home is so so busy that unlike when you work outside the house you can't throw your trash away and be neat.... bless their hearts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

I feel the same way as them. When I worked out of the home, it was way easier to keep it neat. Now that I'm home most of the time, focusing on a newborn and a young child, housework falls so far behind. Once I get a chance to clean one room, my daughter has already distroyed another and the baby wants to cluster feed for 2hours straight.

The difference for me is that they are BOTH home. I would kill to have my SO home to help keep up with the house.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Dailybuzz24 wrote:Another thing I don't get is they take the kids to the Dr and then the next day they bring them out, going to resteraunts, malls, movies and such. In my opinion the kids are sick, keep them home.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I agree. It's inconsiderate. I know they wanted to meet up with their friends last night, but get a babysitter or stay home. It wasn't cool of them to allow MG to play in the booths behind them. I remember the lumps getting slammed for similar behavior in a restaurant. It's just not something you allow, especially with a kid like MG who will remember everything.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:
Dailybuzz24 wrote: I agree. It's inconsiderate. I know they wanted to meet up with their friends last night, but get a babysitter or stay home. It wasn't cool of them to allow MG to play in the booths behind them. I remember the lumps getting slammed for similar behavior in a restaurant. It's just not something you allow, especially with a kid like MG who will remember everything.
Someone on Bonnie's thread said how it seems common behavior among vloggers to allow their kids to walk on their kitchen surfaces, all except Cullen and Katie. But here we see them thinking it's ok for MG to walk and climb between booths in a restaurant. I find both unhygienic but the booth thing I find disrespectful to both other customers and the restaurant itself.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I work in a restaurant and letting your children get up from the table is never necessary and always irksome. I guarantee the employees were bitching and moaning about them in the back. It's always frustrating when parents let kids play at other tables because that's now one less table the host can sit since there's a child in it, and therefore one less table a server can make money off of. It's disrespectful and infuriating, not to mention gross shoe prints on the booth someone had to clean when they left.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Plus, who let's their kid go ask strangers for cake? Maybe I'm a bitch because I would have said no lol teach your kids to stay in their seats and not bother strangers
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Plus, who let's their kid go ask strangers for cake? Maybe I'm a bitch because I would have said no lol teach your kids to stay in their seats and not bother strangers
I have to say, I always thought they were a little more strick with MG so the climbing all over the booths shocked me. I guess when one kid does it you kind of have to let your kid do it, but that little boy sat just fine didn't he? I didn't see get up until the cake thing. While I think it was funny, I wouldn't have allowed my child to actually take the cake. A simple I'm sorry to the people he bothered and an explanation about how the cake isn't his would have done wonders. Now I'm wondering, what happens when the camera isn't filming? Is MG actually a handful and disrespectful?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:

It was a short lived rant ... I am done. Image

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

hey girl hey007 wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Plus, who let's their kid go ask strangers for cake? Maybe I'm a bitch because I would have said no lol teach your kids to stay in their seats and not bother strangers
I have to say, I always thought they were a little more strick with MG so the climbing all over the booths shocked me. I guess when one kid does it you kind of have to let your kid do it, but that little boy sat just fine didn't he? I didn't see get up until the cake thing. While I think it was funny, I wouldn't have allowed my child to actually take the cake. A simple I'm sorry to the people he bothered and an explanation about how the cake isn't his would have done wonders. Now I'm wondering, what happens when the camera isn't filming? Is MG actually a handful and disrespectful?
I have generally seen her as a pretty good child and it is hard to say if she is disrespectful at her age.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I didn't see a problem with what she was doing. There were at least 2 booths that were empty. She wasn't running around screaming, climbing on the table or in the way of the staff. It seemed as if they were there for a long time. At least her face wasn't shoved in an iPad like the majority of You Tubers kids at every meal.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

literallywhat wrote:This is really off topic but do you guys think they'll have more kids? I feel like they might want more but Katie can't seem to catch a break with her pregnancies that maybe they'll stick with two.
Well, when you think about it, not all women have an easy breezy time while pregnant. But that is typically minimized when you have have your bundles of joy and everything has worked out beautifully. Clearly, C&K take joy in parenting and they're good at it. I see Katie having at least one more baby, and perhaps even three more.
tratra58 wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:
I have generally seen her as a pretty good child and it is hard to say if she is disrespectful at her age.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

hey girl hey007 wrote:
If one kid does it, you don't have to let your kid do it. You tell your kid to sit down. I imagine the next time they're out, Gaines might want to climb over the booths again and it probably won't be tolerated. I don't think Gaines is a little terror off camera. I watched Randy and Anna's vlog and I was a little put off by how Cullen tells her she should have responded with "Yeah, Dude". MG repeats it as if she's reciting her lines.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”