Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Baconsgirl

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I didn't see a problem with what she was doing. There were at least 2 booths that were empty. She wasn't running around screaming, climbing on the table or in the way of the staff. It seemed as if they were there for a long time. At least her face wasn't shoved in an iPad like the majority of You Tubers kids at every meal.
in the randy and anna vlog she was climbing on the table. As soon as she saw his camera she knew she was doing something she wasn't suppose too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshbalsam »

nutbagmcgee wrote:I didn't see a problem with what she was doing. There were at least 2 booths that were empty. She wasn't running around screaming, climbing on the table or in the way of the staff. It seemed as if they were there for a long time. At least her face wasn't shoved in an iPad like the majority of You Tubers kids at every meal.
I agree it's nice she wasn't stuck in front of an iPad! However, I think there can be a middle here. She doesn't need to be in front of a video and she also doesn't need to be allowed to climb all over restaurant furniture. They should've had told her that is not respectful to the restaurant's furniture and brought some coloring books, maybe a book, and/or a few small toys to keep her and the other little girl occupied at their own table, especially if they knew they'd be there longer than the average time spent out to eat.

I know you didn't say this, but I don't agree with the "the other kid was doing it so Gaines should be allowed to do it too"
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Are you serious? She should have been in her seat, or in someone's lap. There's absolutely no reason for a little kid to get up out of their seat in a restaurant without a parent acconpanying them.

It's a restaurant, not a playground. Booths are not jungle gyms, and they aren't just empty communal spaces. Those children had their own seats, and it's their parent's jobs to keep them in them. I'd rather see a kid playing quietly on an Ipad than see a kid climbing in and out of booths they aren't supposed to be in. It's about respect for public places and other people.

Cullen did once jump on mattesses at a mattress store though, so I suppose asking this family to have a little respect for things that aren't yours is pushing it.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:
Are you serious? She should have been in her seat, or in someone's lap. There's absolutely no reason for a little kid to get up out of their seat in a restaurant without a parent acconpanying them.

It's a restaurant, not a playground. Booths are not jungle gyms, and they aren't just empty communal spaces. Those children had their own seats, and it's their parent's jobs to keep them in them. I'd rather see a kid playing quietly on an Ipad than see a kid climbing in and out of booths they aren't supposed to be in. It's about respect for public places and other people.

Cullen did once jump on mattesses at a mattress store though, so I suppose asking this family to have a little respect for things that aren't yours is pushing it.
You're a server, too, right? You can bet that if a server had tripped over Gaines with a tray full of food, it would have been a big deal.
I am going to sound like a fuddy duddy: I don't get how kids HAVE to have a screen in front of them at all times these days. My kids rode in the car with no TV. We played road games when they were awake. At restaurants, we had crayons and a couple of little toys, and if they just couldn't stand it anymore, their dad and I took turns with them walking outside. No screens. No smart phone, no tablet. And they learned how to sit still. What are these kids going to do when they get to school and aren't being entertained and have to sit still?
Sorry for going OT. I just had to say something because all the kids I see in the vlogs have tablets and videos in the car.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

lmmomSD wrote: You're a server, too, right? You can bet that if a server had tripped over Gaines with a tray full of food, it would have been a big deal.
I am going to sound like a fuddy duddy: I don't get how kids HAVE to have a screen in front of them at all times these days. My kids rode in the car with no TV. We played road games when they were awake. At restaurants, we had crayons and a couple of little toys, and if they just couldn't stand it anymore, their dad and I took turns with them walking outside. No screens. No smart phone, no tablet. And they learned how to sit still. What are these kids going to do when they get to school and aren't being entertained and have to sit still?
Sorry for going OT. I just had to say something because all the kids I see in the vlogs have tablets and videos in the car.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I'm a host/busser actually (though my boss actually told me he wanted to promote me to head host trainer and part time to-go today woo), but I've been in the business for almost two years now and I don't know that others understand exactly how inconvenient it is to have uncontrolled children in a restaurant. If they can't sit still in a seat they need to be in a booster/high chair. I almost dropped a stack of 45 small plates on a kid the other day because he darted out of his seat and into the aisle, but I managed to stop on a dime. But if the same thing had happened to Gaines they would have made a huge deal out of it, even though it would have been their own fault for allowing her to get in the way.

I agree that they shouldn't need Ipads, and crayons/activity books/small toys are preferable. I'd just much rather they stay glued to the ipad in their seats than climbing in the booths I need to sit!
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Yea I wasn't a fan of them letting the kids play in the other booth. My husband and I are really big on the restaurant manners and that wouldn't fly

Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

Dailybuzz24 wrote:

If one kid does it, you don't have to let your kid do it. You tell your kid to sit down. I imagine the next time they're out, Gaines might want to climb over the booths again and it probably won't be tolerated. I don't think Gaines is a little terror off camera. I watched Randy and Anna's vlog and I was a little put off by how Cullen tells her she should have responded with "Yeah, Dude". MG repeats it as if she's reciting her lines.
I find lately over the last few months now that Gaines is talking more Cullen have been scripting her more and more. I really hope he don't try and be another Bryan and Missy scripting Oliver. You can tell with the cuts in the video. Plus, why let her bring her cart all the way from home to go real grocery shopping. I'd never let my kid do that. I still would not let my kid climb all over the restaurant booths, that just shows the kid that every time they go out they can do that when ever they want. Also with the cleanliness of their house, when Gaines and Brooks goes for a nap, they don't need to nap, they can do some of the cleaning then and then when the kids go to bed at night they can clean then as well. Also Gaines goes to a mothers day out and goes to granddollys house once a week, if they can make time to get their hair and nails done and what not they can make time to clean their house. I'm a stay at home wife, I clean up every day. If I can make time then I'm sure they can. Edit: This is DailyBuzz's post I was supposed to quote

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't think the shopping cart thing is an issue at all. If it will keep your kid happy, while teaching them and isn't bothering anyone else then theres not really much wrong with it. Some stores around me actually provide little toy trollies. Sorry if my quoting is off btw.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Dailybuzz24 wrote:I find lately over the last few months now that Gaines is talking more Cullen have been scripting her more and more. I really hope he don't try and be another Bryan and Missy scripting Oliver. You can tell with the cuts in the video. I still would not let my kid climb all over the restaurant booths, that just shows the kid that every time they go out they can do that when ever they want. Also with the cleanliness of their house, when Gaines and Brooks goes for a nap, they don't need to nap, they can do some of the cleaning then and then when the kids go to bed at night they can clean then as well. Also Gaines goes to a mothers day out and goes to granddollys house once a week, if they can make time to get their hair and nails done and what not they can make time to clean their house. I'm a stay at home wife, I clean up every day. If I can make time then I'm sure they can.
This 100%.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Dailybuzz24 wrote:
I find lately over the last few months now that Gaines is talking more Cullen have been scripting her more and more. I really hope he don't try and be another Bryan and Missy scripting Oliver. You can tell with the cuts in the video. Plus, why let her bring her cart all the way from home to go real grocery shopping. I'd never let my kid do that. I still would not let my kid climb all over the restaurant booths, that just shows the kid that every time they go out they can do that when ever they want. Also with the cleanliness of their house, when Gaines and Brooks goes for a nap, they don't need to nap, they can do some of the cleaning then and then when the kids go to bed at night they can clean then as well. Also Gaines goes to a mothers day out and goes to granddollys house once a week, if they can make time to get their hair and nails done and what not they can make time to clean their house. I'm a stay at home wife, I clean up every day. If I can make time then I'm sure they can.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I don't know if I'm correct here, but isn't it pretty common for young kids to repeat others when they are learning to talk? It's probably a bit of wanting to say what mum/dad can say combined with constantly hearing "can you say...". I don't feel like Cullen is scripting her so much as having fun trying to get her to say things. I don't personally have any children, but I know many of my friends did a similar thing when their kids were toddlers, telling them to say what the parent wanted them to (I don't have any vloggers friends, btw)

*** sorry, had issues with the quote
Baconsgirl

Have you notice that Gaines says I don't know when C & K ask a question like Ollie does? Do you think she picked that up from watching thier vlogs?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

storeynyx wrote:Dailybuzz24 wrote:
I find lately over the last few months now that Gaines is talking more Cullen have been scripting her more and more. I really hope he don't try and be another Bryan and Missy scripting Oliver. You can tell with the cuts in the video. Plus, why let her bring her cart all the way from home to go real grocery shopping. I'd never let my kid do that. I still would not let my kid climb all over the restaurant booths, that just shows the kid that every time they go out they can do that when ever they want. Also with the cleanliness of their house, when Gaines and Brooks goes for a nap, they don't need to nap, they can do some of the cleaning then and then when the kids go to bed at night they can clean then as well. Also Gaines goes to a mothers day out and goes to granddollys house once a week, if they can make time to get their hair and nails done and what not they can make time to clean their house. I'm a stay at home wife, I clean up every day. If I can make time then I'm sure they can.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I don't know if I'm correct here, but isn't it pretty common for young kids to repeat others when they are learning to talk? It's probably a bit of wanting to say what mum/dad can say combined with constantly hearing "can you say...". I don't feel like Cullen is scripting her so much as having fun trying to get her to say things. I don't personally have any children, but I know many of my friends did a similar thing when their kids were toddlers, telling them to say what the parent wanted them to (I don't have any vloggers friends, btw)

*** sorry, had issues with the quote[/quote]
But he does try to get her to say catch phrases. Sometimes it's like he's trying to turn her into Michelle from Full House with the thumbs up, "You got it, dude"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Adabelle's claws @ 2:37 mins in today's vlog are unacceptable imo -
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Baconsgirl

Scar2016 wrote:Adabelle's claws @ 2:37 mins in today's vlog are unacceptable imo -
they were really long! I saw people commenting about it.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Scar2016 wrote:Adabelle's claws @ 2:37 mins in today's vlog are unacceptable imo -
oh wow yes that is rediculous and lazy. A dogs claws take a long time to get that overgrown. It is probably painful to her and they could break easily.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

But they work from home y'all and they've been super busy with holiday functions ... ain't nobody got time to take care of grooming pets *insert sarcasm font*

Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

Katie captioned an insta post "happy sparkling new year" haha
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

OK-- I gotta say it. That thumbnail today was icky. Two dad bods in a tub of slime? Erp.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
oh wow yes that is rediculous and lazy. A dogs claws take a long time to get that overgrown. It is probably painful to her and they could break easily.
I could be totally wrong but... I feel like they mentioned she hates having her nails cut at some point.

My dog is the same. I slowly starting to get her used the to electric file but for the most part she will NOT let me cut/groom her nails. She'll let the groomers do it but I don't wanna pay $15 every 6 weeks or less. Thinking about taking her to the vet to get them trimmed back. I'm guessing Ada's quick (basically the part that would bleed if they cut it) has lengthened/grown out so they probably need to make a vet appt. At least they're not curled under or impeding her ability to walk. Definitely something they should take care of sooner rather than later.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

angelfire89 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
I could be totally wrong but... I feel like they mentioned she hates having her nails cut at some point.

My dog is the same. I slowly starting to get her used the to electric file but for the most part she will NOT let me cut/groom her nails. She'll let the groomers do it but I don't wanna pay $15 every 6 weeks or less. Thinking about taking her to the vet to get them trimmed back. I'm guessing Ada's quick (basically the part that would bleed if they cut it) has lengthened/grown out so they probably need to make a vet appt. At least they're not curled under or impeding her ability to walk. Definitely something they should take care of sooner rather than later.
Those are freaking talons. No way the quick is that long. These two can definitely afford to have the vet cut them. No excuse.

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Oh my god I haven't laughed so hard in forever. The slime bath scene was sparkling hilarious

Return to “Cullen and Katie”