Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I can't believe she has a PhD and she isnt even using it.. if she were working AND cullen was doing the vlogs they could be in their own mansion already lol. But no they are only relying on youtube to get by.. i just dont get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

What's her PhD in? Is it psychology or something like that?
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I can't believe she has a PhD and she isnt even using it.. if she were working AND cullen was doing the vlogs they could be in their own mansion already lol. But no they are only relying on youtube to get by.. i just dont get it.

She still works at the place she did before and after Gaines was born, she just works from home and occasionally pops into work unless things have changed. She commented some other mothers at her workplace do the same thing. She stated the reason to do this was because it was really hard on her to leave Gaines after she was born.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

CallieT wrote:What's her PhD in? Is it psychology or something like that?
Child psychology.

CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

marshmallowfluf wrote:I can't believe she has a PhD and she isnt even using it.. if she were working AND cullen was doing the vlogs they could be in their own mansion already lol. But no they are only relying on youtube to get by.. i just dont get it.

It is kind of sad. But it's Katie's life not mine, and I don't feel like I can judge it. They don't seem to be struggling financially, even if they don't have a mansion. I think some people just love being stay at home moms and I can respect that. Honestly, I'm glad that Katie values spending time with her kids more than having a high
paying job so that she can have a huge house. It seems like her priorities are right to me. And, I do think that she'll use it in the future, maybe when Brooks and Gaines are in school.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

PopTheButterfly wrote:

She still works at the place she did before and after Gaines was born, she just works from home and occasionally pops into work unless things have changed. She commented some other mothers at her workplace do the same thing. She stated the reason to do this was because it was really hard on her to leave Gaines after she was born.

I thought she quit completely after trying to do that for a little while?

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

marshmallowfluf wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:

She might have. I try to keep up with them, but when Gaines was born I was in grad school with a full time job. I thought she still had it, hence the work station in the den, but if she doesn't I stand corrected=]

Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

LiveEachDay (they were in the vlogs at vloggerfair) announced that from now on they are going to make sure that their vlog titles are honest and not clickbaity, even though they know it will make their videos harder to find, I respect them for that and wonder if it had anything to do with C&Ks recent vlog titles and the feedback on those lol.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Lurker4Life wrote:LiveEachDay (they were in the vlogs at vloggerfair) announced that from now on they are going to make sure that their vlog titles are honest and not clickbaity, even though they know it will make their videos harder to find, I respect them for that and wonder if it had anything to do with C&Ks recent vlog titles and the feedback on those lol.
He and Cullen talk so I find that amusing.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:

Have they ever brought it back up on the vlogs? I don't remember anything being said about it since she decided to work from home... I do worry about what would happen if YT fails them though, maybe i'm wrong but i feel like Katie probably took a pay cut when she started working from home. Would Cullen be able to support them and let Katie continue to stay home with the kids if they have to give up YT? I know he had a decent job before he got laid off. Hopefully they have a plan for that. And who cares if they have a huge fancy house or not? Is it like a YT requirement now to have a million dollar mansion? Just bc M&B have the Restoration Hardware/Urban Outfitters/Hobby Lobby McMansion and E&J have the model home/Ice Palace doesn't mean that C&K have to keep up. I'm sure they will buy a great home, but i feel like they are way WAY smarter with money than either of their "friends" and won't be buying extravagant. I would personally love to see them get into an older historic home like GrandDolly and GrandDoc's home. (not that it makes it less expensive) I'm so in love with their house!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Question i've had on my mind here recently...
Do we think that Cullen and Katie are still friends with the Nulls? I know they were super close before the scandal, i remember them FT'ing quite a bit and Brooks was conceived while they were staying with them. (Not to bring up that topic again, consent adults you guys..) I just wonder if they have distanced themselves from them, seeing as though Cullen has been outspoken in the past about how he isn't fond of cheaters, or if they are just keeping it off the vlog to save face. I'm not sure how i feel about the situation. On one hand i can totally see why C&K would stop associating with A&B, but it also kinda makes me sad too. Losing friends that you are that close too is a hard thing, no matter the circumstance. I just wondered what you guys thought the relationship status was between the couples and what your thoughts on it was..
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Playsinrain wrote:Question i've had on my mind here recently...
Do we think that Cullen and Katie are still friends with the Nulls? I know they were super close before the scandal, i remember them FT'ing quite a bit and Brooks was conceived while they were staying with them. (Not to bring up that topic again, consent adults you guys..) I just wonder if they have distanced themselves from them, seeing as though Cullen has been outspoken in the past about how he isn't fond of cheaters, or if they are just keeping it off the vlog to save face. I'm not sure how i feel about the situation. On one hand i can totally see why C&K would stop associating with A&B, but it also kinda makes me sad too. Losing friends that you are that close too is a hard thing, no matter the circumstance. I just wondered what you guys thought the relationship status was between the couples and what your thoughts on it was..
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they hung out together at some youtuber event after the incident? I know Austin backed out of one semi recently though so I might be wrong, but I do somewhat remember seeing them brought up on lipstick alley in Austin's thread. Austin and Britt really stopped interacting with all of their old YouTube friends awhile before the incident though so I'm not sure what the deal was. I always got the feeling that something (probably between Austin and Bryan) was said and that Cullen and Katie were kinda in the middle of it. I also feel like Jared and Ellie somewhat replaced Austin and Britt and that the vacations together was kind of an eff you to Austin and Britt.

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I'm still surprised Katie has a PhD. Not that she's stupid, but she doesn't come off as an intellectual to me.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I'm not sure if they've distanced themselves or if Austin has become such a miserable person that it's a task just to speak to him? Austin has always been kinda miserable. It was just easier to cover it with what seemed like humor. I don't see any friendly visits in the future. Maybe a lunch during a convention if the Nulls can afford the trips.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PopTheButterfly wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Question i've had on my mind here recently...
Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe they hung out together at some youtuber event after the incident? I know Austin backed out of one semi recently though so I might be wrong, but I do somewhat remember seeing them brought up on lipstick alley in Austin's thread. Austin and Britt really stopped interacting with all of their old YouTube friends awhile before the incident though so I'm not sure what the deal was. I always got the feeling that something (probably between Austin and Bryan) was said and that Cullen and Katie were kinda in the middle of it. I also feel like Jared and Ellie somewhat replaced Austin and Britt and that the vacations together was kind of an eff you to Austin and Britt.

I don't keep up with A&B at all so im not sure about them backing out.. but now that you say that, i feel like C&K went to dinner with A&B at a convention this past year? I think they might still be close with them but keep any sign of them out of the vlogs to keep peace. It's not really anything too me if they are or aren't.. you know what i mean? I'm not going to look at them differently no matter the situation. And I'm not sure who is the lesser of the evils in that situation, we have E&J who i despise and are the fakest fakes on TY and then Austin and his cheater cheater butthole finger and the irresponsible way he puts his daughter out there.....
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:I'm not sure if they've distanced themselves or if Austin has become such a miserable person that it's a task just to speak to him? Austin has always been kinda miserable. It was just easier to cover it with what seemed like humor. I don't see any friendly visits in the future. Maybe a lunch during a convention if the Nulls can afford the trips.

This is what i'm thinking as well. C&K don't seem like the type to just cut people completely out of their lives for good bc of personal issues (as in the cheating and whatnot, that'a A&B's problem not C&K's) and i feel like they probably still talk from time to time and would have lunch with them, like you said, if the opportunity presented itself... I dont think that C&K are going to be making a trip to KC (or vice versa) anytime soon. I think that C&K would take the high road and still be friendly, but not go out of their way to hang out with them. Distance themselves without cutting them off entirely.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Cheater cheater butthole finger. Lmao! I can't even.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Just wanted to point out that i wasnt saying they needed a mansion but its pretty obvious that they are trying to keep up with their friends and family who have all recently purchased huge expensive houses. Katie was annoyed about having to donate part of her down payment for a house to charity lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Just wanted to point out that i wasnt saying they needed a mansion but its pretty obvious that they are trying to keep up with their friends and family who have all recently purchased huge expensive houses. Katie was annoyed about having to donate part of her down payment for a house to charity lol

It's not only other vloggers that have big beautiful houses. Katie's own sister just bought a McMansion. And of course, there's her parents house. Katie is actually more used to opulence than the vloggers who have bought big houses lately. I don't think it's as much keeping up with vloggers as keeping up with her own and her family's expectations of what she should have.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

Sarai wrote:I'm still surprised Katie has a PhD. Not that she's stupid, but she doesn't come off as an intellectual to me.
I'm not sure if this is something that can happen but I feel like once you've been away from something like that for so long you slowly dumb yourself down. My best friend graduated top of our class, he went to big university moved back home went to a smaller college then dropped out completely. You'd think he was never top of the class now. He lacks so much common sense and is just dumb in general to the point where I often question if he's serious. That could be what is going on with Katie, she had to dumb things down for her child and it kind of stuck.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”