Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Proof They Read Here

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

skyblueandblack wrote:I think a poster here reposted it here:

"Everyone is so happy. No ones upset. It's just, kinda fun!"
Oh my LAWD. Reminds me of the creepy ass privileged white people in "The Purge" movies, particularly the woman she stopped to talk with. Disgusting and sad.

Everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe, but for christ's sake, stand behind what you believe in at least! The poster that said it says more about them that they took it down, than them being there in the first place, amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:

"Everyone is so happy. No ones upset. It's just, kinda fun!"
Oh my LAWD. Reminds me of the creepy ass privileged white people in "The Purge" movies, particularly the woman she stopped to talk with. Disgusting and sad.

Everyone has a right to believe what they want to believe, but for christ's sake, stand behind what you believe in at least! The poster that said it says more about them that they took it down, than them being there in the first place, amen!

That creeped me out too. Like, "We're all Stepford families, happy in our homogeneity (is that a word?) and united in our hatred and judgement of people with different lifestyles". All those happy, white blonde folks hating on the gays and giving their money to Chick Fil A-- but we're so _happy_! God forbid one of their children is gay. And with that big family, statistically, it's likely.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

No one has the right to believe that anyone is any less of a person or less deserving of rights that they themselves have. "Freedom of religion" is a crock of hateful bullshit that people say to justify their bigotry.

And before you call me out for hypocrisy I'll say this: gay rights and support have literally no affect on them, but as an lgbt woman their little ~religious freedom~ homophobic cesspool demonstration hurts me and so many young gay people around the country. So I don't care if I'm being hateful towards their gross, archaic values.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

PoorLoam wrote:

Ugh, as someone in the lgbtq+ community this disgusts me. Why do these people think that we don't deserve the same rights as them?! At least if I was married to a woman and had children with her I wouldn't exploit them for money like she does.

LGBTQ member here as well. And it makes me stomach churn as well- despite how numb I generally feel. I think perhaps once you feel like you *know* someone through youtube- even though you know they harness likely homophobic thoughts in their hearts- its different to see it.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Im not religious myself, but i think everyone is allowed to have an opinion without being called a homophobe. The CEO of chickfila has no say in whether or not gays can get married so why do people care so much? I know more people (in my town anyway, im sure utah is much different) were just standing up for freedom of religion and not because they "hate gays"

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

marshmallowfluf wrote:Im not religious myself, but i think everyone is allowed to have an opinion without being called a homophobe. The CEO of chickfila has no say in whether or not gays can get married so why do people care so much? I know more people (in my town anyway, im sure utah is much different) were just standing up for freedom of religion and not because they "hate gays"

If you think that gay people shouldn't have the rights that straight people do, you're a bigoted, homophobic asshole. It's a simple as that. There's nothing else to it.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

And people can sit there and say "oh i don't hate gay people" or "i don't hurt anyone I'm just standing up for my own rights" but unless you were an lgbt person during this event you've got no right to comment about how it wasn't hurting anyone. It was devestating.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Before Mormons open their mouth about who marries who they should look at their founder, Joseph Smith, who had multiple wives!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J ... th's_wives

From 1852 to 1890 by between 20 and 30 percent of Latter-day Saint families were in "plural marriage."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mormonism_and_polygamy

Also LDS has not publicly disclosed its financial statements in the United States since 1959.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finances_ ... day_Saints

So they better mind their own shit before getting involved in something that does not impact them.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Would we be ok with a religion deciding they are better than someone else because they are a certain skin colour? Until the late 70s the LDS church treated their non-white members as lesser beings, and wouldn't let them participate in the temple or priesthood. This was their prerogative and religious freedom to do, but it doesn't mean it wasn't also racist.

You don't have to be LGBTQ yourself to recognize how messed up it is. Gay marriage has been legal here in Canada for over 10 years now, and its changed absolutely nothing. It hasn't infringed on anyone's rights or ruined the sanctity of marriage. If anything, by normalizing gay marriage, it's forced the bigots to become more open minded and less vocal and hateful. Some parts of religion need to be left in the past, and in my opinion anyone that takes pride in keeping someone else down and beneath them is truly disgusting. Turning a blind eye to prejudice by saying it's just religious freedom is basically saying to the LGBTQ community "it's not my problem so I don't care."

Many wars have been fought in the name of religious freedom. It's a slippery slope.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Im not religious myself, but i think everyone is allowed to have an opinion without being called a homophobe. The CEO of chickfila has no say in whether or not gays can get married so why do people care so much? I know more people (in my town anyway, im sure utah is much different) were just standing up for freedom of religion and not because they "hate gays"
People care because she was there in protest of same sex marriage. She said it herself, and said it was "fun". That's not hurting anyone? Wtf does that have to do with freedom of religion to protest someone's right to get married? And don't forget they're part of the LDS church which has been the biggest adversary for same sex marriage in the US (prop 8 and all that). She's an asshole for protesting someone else's rights that don't affect her. If you don't want gay marriage, then don't have one.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

Well, are you?
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Why do you think im not in the lgbt community? You have no idea who i am personally. Just because i dont think its HORRIBLE for someone to have their own beliefs?

It isnt horrible to have your own beliefs. Of course not. The reason the Chik-Fil-A controversyy happened is because the CEO gives large amounts of money to anti-LGBT orgs, you can believe two men should not be married and still not be "anti-LGBT" If you dont think two men should marry and you're a man dont fucking marry another man., End of story.
If you are anti-LGBT you think that somebody else should not have equal rights and sorry but that makes you disgusting.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

It isnt becaus they just make a few rude comments about LGBT, Chik-Fil-A donates over one million dollars a year to a Christian fellowship that makes all its members follow a strict guideline that includes prohibiting "homosexual acts". In the last ten years or so they have given over 5 million dollars to known HATE groups and groups that perform "anti-gay" therapy on teens. Th founder of Chik Fil A also admitted he would fire an employee if he found out said employee was gay... need I say more? Does that sound like "having an opinion without being called a homophobe"? The CEO doesnt have any say in gay rights you are correct about that but they sure make it their mission to try and have a say.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

It hurts people physically and mentally. Can you imagine being 15 and questioning your sexuality and the two people in the world who are supposed to love you th most send you away to gay conversion therapy....
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:^^^And that "gay conversion therapy" can include electroshock therapy. And believe me, that DOES hurt people.

It hurts people physically and mentally. Can you imagine being 15 and questioning your sexuality and the two people in the world who are supposed to love you th most send you away to gay conversion therapy....
Nope, can't imagine. It must be awful. I'm lucky to have a wonderful, loving family. Won't go into all the details, my parents were part of the "Greatest Generation", and still were awesome that way. We had openly gay friends of the family when I was growing up.
My nephews are gay, and at our first family reunion after the first one came out, he was very worried about his reception. Nobody said or did anything that might be even the least bit hurtful. I just wish everyone could have that kind of family.

ughpleasee
Talker
Talker

Unread post by ughpleasee »

Lol since when is freedom of religion supporting a homophobic company? They have the right to be Mormons, and they have the right to say whatever they please. However, that doesn't make them any less homophobic. Is not right to wish harm to others, which Chick-Fill-A does.

After that horrendous video I've decided to unsubscribe from Ellie and Jared, since I'm sure share the same principles as these homophobes.
Kjr123
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Kjr123 »

WheresMyCoffee wrote:

It isnt horrible to have your own beliefs. Of course not. The reason the Chik-Fil-A controversyy happened is because the CEO gives large amounts of money to anti-LGBT orgs, you can believe two men should not be married and still not be "anti-LGBT" If you dont think two men should marry and you're a man dont fucking marry another man., End of story.
If you are anti-LGBT you think that somebody else should not have equal rights and sorry but that makes you disgusting.
Yes, this.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

There's a difference between freedom of religion and openly supporting not wanting equal rights for everyone. I'm not going to pretend I don't go to Chick-fil-A, and honestly I don't care that the CEO is anti-gay. He's old and super religious, I would be shocked if he was pro! I'm also not shocked that Ruby and her family is against gay marriage. But to post a video basically bragging about how many people, including her and her family, are there to support being anti-gay shows a lot about her character. And deleting it shows that she's too much of a coward to even own her actions.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”