Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

PopTheButterfly wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:I can't believe she has a PhD and she isnt even using it.. if she were working AND cullen was doing the vlogs they could be in their own mansion already lol. But no they are only relying on youtube to get by.. i just dont get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She still works at the place she did before and after Gaines was born, she just works from home and occasionally pops into work unless things have changed. She commented some other mothers at her workplace do the same thing. She stated the reason to do this was because it was really hard on her to leave Gaines after she was born.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
I'm confused on that. I thought she briefly cut back on her hours after she had her first child when she returned from her leave, but within a few months she decided she no longer wanted or needed to work. I assumed she left her job permanently. I haven't heard her mention working from home, do they address this anywhere?
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
Sarai wrote:I'm still surprised Katie has a PhD. Not that she's stupid, but she doesn't come off as an intellectual to me.
I'm not sure if this is something that can happen but I feel like once you've been away from something like that for so long you slowly dumb yourself down. My best friend graduated top of our class, he went to big university moved back home went to a smaller college then dropped out completely. You'd think he was never top of the class now. He lacks so much common sense and is just dumb in general to the point where I often question if he's serious. That could be what is going on with Katie, she had to dumb things down for her child and it kind of stuck.
or maybe she feels that if she shows her intelligence too much, it may alienate her younger or less intelligent viewers (let's be honest, some of the minions seem to be from the lowest common denominator.) Dumb it down for kiddos!
iheartyt
Talker
Talker

Unread post by iheartyt »

hey girl hey007 wrote:
Sarai wrote:I'm still surprised Katie has a PhD. Not that she's stupid, but she doesn't come off as an intellectual to me.
I'm not sure if this is something that can happen but I feel like once you've been away from something like that for so long you slowly dumb yourself down. My best friend graduated top of our class, he went to big university moved back home went to a smaller college then dropped out completely. You'd think he was never top of the class now. He lacks so much common sense and is just dumb in general to the point where I often question if he's serious. That could be what is going on with Katie, she had to dumb things down for her child and it kind of stuck.
Sounds like he was just book smart. Not everyone with an education has common sense. Katie's background is in child psychology, right? I think she shows her abilities with how she is parenting/educating Gaines.
Mammabear
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Mammabear »

lmmomSD wrote:Was anyone else annoyed by Cullen interrupting Katie and then putting himself in black and white white musing about "life lessons"? Katie couldn't get a whole sentence out.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I think the thing I am not enjoying about Cullen's editing at the moment is that it feels like he is throwing the whole visual toolkit at every vlog. I wish he would just choose a few visual elements and stick with those for a while. He doesn't need the whole kit and caboodle to make a vlog interesting.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

LOL I am sorry, but I had to laugh at this one [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

Is it the southern accent? (no intent to offend anyone I actually love it)

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

iheartyt wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:
Sounds like he was just book smart. Not everyone with an education has common sense. Katie's background is in child psychology, right? I think she shows her abilities with how she is parenting/educating Gaines.
I still wonder if Katie with her studies/degree doesn't question having their kids on YouTube or the consequences, if any, they will see in the future. It would be a great research paper.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

tratra58 wrote:LOL I am sorry, but I had to laugh at this one [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

No, it's not her accent. I just can't imagine her discussing psychology or something. Because on the vlogs she never talks about anything academic or world events. Things like that...
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Sarai wrote:
tratra58 wrote:LOL I am sorry, but I had to laugh at this one [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

No, it's not her accent. I just can't imagine her discussing psychology or something. Because on the vlogs she never talks about anything academic or world events. Things like that...
Meh i have a masters degree and hardly talk about things related to it, but it's because I am unemployed at the moment and have no one to discuss these things with. I think it depends on the company you are with with determines what you discuss and whatnot.

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

HashtagBlessed wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:I can't believe she has a PhD and she isnt even using it.. if she were working AND cullen was doing the vlogs they could be in their own mansion already lol. But no they are only relying on youtube to get by.. i just dont get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She still works at the place she did before and after Gaines was born, she just works from home and occasionally pops into work unless things have changed. She commented some other mothers at her workplace do the same thing. She stated the reason to do this was because it was really hard on her to leave Gaines after she was born.

I'm confused on that. I thought she briefly cut back on her hours after she had her first child when she returned from her leave, but within a few months she decided she no longer wanted or needed to work. I assumed she left her job permanently. I haven't heard her mention working from home, do they address this anywhere?
I remember it as she first cut back on the hours and then went to doing this work from home thing where she pops into the office every so often. I could be wrong though and she might have quit since then.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sarai wrote:

I agree...without seeing her going to work I would have thought the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I could have sworn Cullen mentioned Austin recently, like in the last month or so. Unfortunately I can't remember which vlog it was in... I binge-watch without paying attention to vlog titles. But it was pretty low-key, an offhand thing. I'm not even sure he mentioned a last name or that he was a YouTuber.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I too find it odd how they just stopped talking to Austin and Britt but they won't ever address that.

And I haven't really been watching the vlogs. Did they always hang out this much with Kelly and her family before they started their channel (theJKtoday)? I only started watching Cullen and Katie this summer.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

daisy1000 wrote:I too find it odd how they just stopped talking to Austin and Britt but they won't ever address that.

And I haven't really been watching the vlogs. Did they always hang out this much with Kelly and her family before they started their channel (theJKtoday)? I only started watching Cullen and Katie this summer.

I don't think its odd that they haven't brought it up.. I dont think it's C&K's place to discuss other's scandals. Take the high road, ya know? And they could still be friends with them but don't really broadcast it. I do wonder if they are and what all went down when Austin got caught. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall when C&K found out about it..

Yes, they have always been very close to Kelly and Jay, Kelly spent about a week where she was at C&K's house everyday for Cullen to help her learn editing, but other than that it's pretty much the same as always. They hang out quite a bit, go to the beach house together and J&K's kids spend the night with C&K from time to time.
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

I don't like C&K or JKToday. They are all too old and they act silly. Cullen dresses so sloppy and she has packed on the weight. He primes that little girl to bring in the views. She flips her hair constantly and talks in a whining nasal tone. They are lazy slobs trying to keep up with the
joneses!! The JK's are bored and boring. Their children are so timid they look sad.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

OnEDGE wrote:I don't like C&K or JKToday. They are all too old and they act silly. Cullen dresses so sloppy and she has packed on the weight. He primes that little girl to bring in the views. She flips her hair constantly and talks in a whining nasal tone. They are lazy slobs trying to keep up with the
joneses!! The JK's are bored and boring. Their children are so timid they look sad.
LMAO!! Too old.. they are my age. They just dont pander to the kids like B&M do, i like them more bc they ARE my age and i love their sense of humor. They remind me a lot of me and my husband. Never seen MG "flip her hair" but whatever, to each their own. :lol:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

daisy1000 wrote:I too find it odd how they just stopped talking to Austin and Britt but they won't ever address that.

I think most of the YouTube friendships are superficial or a way to increase subscribers.

Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Enchantedbybeautyy »

I know they went to visit them before the whole scandal came out and they said they talked about a lot of adult things and gave each other advice. That is also where Brooks was conceived so I feel like on some level they may still be friends
summerlee
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by summerlee »

I feel like C&K probably read here (like all youtubers), but at least they're making positive and effectiver changes based on the comments that have been made! You can see that they're taking the feedback about the cluttered house seriously and are making an effort to clean up and put things away in storage! I love it
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

summerlee wrote:I feel like C&K probably read here (like all youtubers), but at least they're making positive and effectiver changes based on the comments that have been made! You can see that they're taking the feedback about the cluttered house seriously and are making an effort to clean up and put things away in storage! I love it
Compared to a lot of the vloggers on here there are very few things that people nitpick about Cullen and Katie. I feel they, probably because they are older and more mature, take criticism very well and make the appropriate changes when needed. I know I have read some of these forums and have asked myself "if this was me they were talking about, how would I handle it?" And I have to say that they have handled and continue to handle it very very well.

PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

It's definitely possible they read here. The effort they have made to address the clutter in their home seems awfully coincidental. But if they are trying to put their home on the market they need to declutter anyway, so who knows if its something they'd be talking about in the vlogs if we weren't talking about it here.

I too have been curious if Katie is still working. I know when she first came home the plan was for her to keep office hours a couple days a month. But I don't know if I've heard them say anything about it since. Its possible I guess, but without much evidence i feel its doubtful.

I can't blame her at all for staying home when her kids are young. It wouldn't be too hard for her to return if she desires when they are older. Juat some recertification possibly, if she isnt keeping that up now. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”