Unread post by Emmalinelola1 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Hey everyone! I've been absent from the boards for a while but used to post a lot. Disappointed to see how sanctimommy heavy this board has become! When you nitpick such minor issues it waters down your point on the real issues. I for one still love Bonnie. Think she's perfect? Nope. But I think she's real and love her.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Hey everyone! I've been absent from the boards for a while but used to post a lot. Disappointed to see how sanctimommy heavy this board has become! When you nitpick such minor issues it waters down your point on the real issues. I for one still love Bonnie. Think she's perfect? Nope. But I think she's real and love her.
I completely agree. I wouldn't say I LOVE Bonnie anymore (I definitely don't like some of the things she does) but I do still really like her and Joel. I've seen some changes, but not to the extent that has been suggested here. I sometimes wonder if the nitpicking is really about criticizing Bonnie herself, or if it's about proving she's as bad (or worse) than her sister. It seems like Bonnie's harshest critics are usually the first ones to have something nice to say about Ellie, and vice versa.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I don't understand everyone who worships Bonnie. She does seem to love her children but behind the camera she doesn't seem like the nicest person. She has a horrible temper and has even kicked holes in cabinets. Joel seems to walk on eggshells around her. Not to even mention all the [EDITED BY MOD], leaving a one year old downstairs unattended with a 6 year old watching him, kids climbing countertops and tables, she even let Boston play alone in the front yard without supervision, and she spreads her herpes to everyone possible. These are not nitpicky things to me and many people. A child could be seriously injured alone in the basement or falling off countertops or down the stairs off that table.

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I don't understand everyone who worships Bonnie. She does seem to love her children but behind the camera she doesn't seem like the nicest person. She has a horrible temper and has even kicked holes in cabinets. Joel seems to walk on eggshells around her. Not to even mention all the [EDITED BY MOD], leaving a one year old downstairs unattended with a 6 year old watching him, kids climbing countertops and tables, she even let Boston play alone in the front yard without supervision, and she spreads her herpes to everyone possible. These are not nitpicky things to me and many people. A child could be seriously injured alone in the basement or falling off countertops or down the stairs off that table.

You seem to say that in every post. Why does it have to be that people worship her just because they can find some likeable qualities within her?

I mean, can't many of the same arguments be made for some of the vloggers you seem to speak favourably of? You often speak more highly of E&J than the rest of the board. Are they calling you out as an E&J worshiper?

So anytime someone has something positive to say you are going to share this list dismissing their opinion and thereby proving why yours is more valid?.... ok. Enjoy your view from superiority mountain.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

IceCreamCone wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I don't understand everyone who worships Bonnie. She does seem to love her children but behind the camera she doesn't seem like the nicest person. She has a horrible temper and has even kicked holes in cabinets. Joel seems to walk on eggshells around her. Not to even mention all the nudity, leaving a one year old downstairs unattended with a 6 year old watching him, kids climbing countertops and tables, she even let Boston play alone in the front yard without supervision, and she spreads her herpes to everyone possible. These are not nitpicky things to me and many people. A child could be seriously injured alone in the basement or falling off countertops or down the stairs off that table.

You seem to say that in every post. Why does it have to be that people worship her just because they can find some likeable qualities within her?

I mean, can't many of the same arguments be made for some of the vloggers you seem to speak favourably of? You often speak more highly of E&J than the rest of the board. Are they calling you out as an E&J worshiper?

So anytime someone has something positive to say you are going to share this list dismissing their opinion and thereby proving why yours is more valid?.... ok. Enjoy your view from superiority mountain.
I've just never been a huge Bonnie lover. I apologize for using the word "worship" I used to really like her and love the way she treated her babies though, but thought negatively the day that she left her 2 year old in the front yard by himself long enough for him to steal the neighbors yard decoration. I personally know someone who nearly lost their son who was 2 at the time outside playing with his two older siblings. A truck pulled into the yard and hit him. Accidents happen and letting your children play out front is reckless. Sorry for going off the subject I know she hasn't done that in a while or at least hasn't shown it.

You must have me confused with someone else because I rarely if ever say anything positive about e+j although I may be the only one who doesn't hate Calvin or make fun of him for his looks.

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

I have to defend Bonnie with the kicking in the cabinet thing.
When my second baby was 6 months old I had really bad postpartum anxiety, but I didn't realize it at the time. One day I opened the towel drawer a there were no towels in there! I got so mad I ripped the front of the drawer off! That was when I realized something was wrong. I am normally a very calm, easy-going person.

I mean we've seen how clean Bonnie keeps her house, she must put a lot of pressure on herself. At the time she kicked the cabinet she had toddlers and a baby. And Joel was working long hours often overnight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

winniewise wrote:I have to defend Bonnie with the kicking in the cabinet thing.
When my second baby was 6 months old I had really bad postpartum anxiety, but I didn't realize it at the time. One day I opened the towel drawer a there were no towels in there! I got so mad I ripped the front of the drawer off! That was when I realized something was wrong. I am normally a very calm, easy-going person.

I mean we've seen how clean Bonnie keeps her house, she must put a lot of pressure on herself. At the time she kicked the cabinet she had toddlers and a baby. And Joel was working long hours often overnight.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Exactly. We can't argue that Ellie should have been more open about her PP anxiety/struggles, but then criticize vloggers that do admit to feeling overwhelmed.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boston and Cody also got out long enough to knock over trash cans all the way down the street. That freaked me out, and she didn't seem to think that it was a big deal that they were outside without anyone knowing, or that they were knocking down trash cans.. I don't worship Bonnie, but I sure don't hate her. And I personally don't think some of the safety concerns mentioned here are being "sanctimommy". I don't think I am perfect. I've made parenting mistakes. But I also don't post those mistakes on the internet and then delete comments asking about them. I wouldn't let my kids sit on counters the way vloggers do (and that's not just Bonnie-- it seems to be a thing with vloggers) I wouldn't let my kids ride around in their dad's car without appropriate restraints while I took the family car to take my sister out. Why couldn't they take Joel's car? Or the oh so wonderful Pacifica? If those things make me a sanctimommy, I guess I am. I just really hate that term. I get where it comes from, but honestly, I don't see it here. I think most of us like Bonnie, and are just disappointed that she seems to be falling into the YouTube trap of caring more about the money and views than her children's privacy and safety.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I don't think it's the safety concerns that people are saying are sanctimommy comments.

Some people hate Bonnie, some don't. Some are in the middle. Why is it this board has no ability to just agree to disagree?

Skiing, the lack of dishwasher, Olivia's long hair, Joel snowplowing, etc.. are a few examples of the comments that people have disagreed on that have nothing to do with safety. People disagree because it's not cut and dry. None of these things are a negative reflection of ones character. They are a matter of opinion, and I think those are the debates considered nitpicking.

It does seem that everyone agrees about the safety issues.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't think it's the safety concerns that people are saying are sanctimommy comments.

Some people hate Bonnie, some don't. Some are in the middle. Why is it this board has no ability to just agree to disagree?

Skiing, the lack of dishwasher, Olivia's long hair, Joel snowplowing, etc.. are a few examples of the comments that people have disagreed on that have nothing to do with safety. People disagree because it's not cut and dry. None of these things are a negative reflection of ones character. They are a matter of opinion, and I think those are the debates considered nitpicking.

Exactly the sanctimommy issues I was referring to, thank you.
Some people consider something a safety issue, and I just dont. Someone mentioned leaving a 1 year old and 6 year old alone downstairs? Why is that a problem? I leave my 5 month old alone with my older kids (5,7, and 9) all the time to go start dinner, a load of laundry, or even to shower. This is the reality in most families with multiple kids, I have no doubt! I also don't care if the kids sit on the counter if I'm there cooking or whatever. These aren't true safety issues! SOME of Bonnie's safety issues are legit. But maybe a lot of it is a matter of opinion.

Bottom line: Bonnie has happy, well adjusted, deeply loved kids. They get an undeniable amount of quality time with both of their parents. They are being raised in a good home.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have never complained about the snow plow, I don't like the kids hair but some people probably don't like the way I let my boys grow out curls either.
My only concern with Bonnie are with safety. Yes I think she loves her children deeply but makes a lot of mistakes. There have been parents who had kids taken away from them for walking down the street like Bonnie's kids do so she should be careful about what she puts on YouTube.
Sure I make mistakes and so does everyone and I am in no way a sanctimommy and I can't even say my kids are as well behaved as Bonnie's kids but they are safe and they are loved. I would never do most of the things she does with her kids because I live in the real world and watch the news too much. I don't want my kids kidnapped or hurt. I just now started letting my 3 year old play in our back yard alone, it has a privacy fence. I never even let him leave my sight in the front yard.
As for leaving them alone I would be terrified to do that. My 1 year old has choked before at the age of 11 months and turned blue, I had to work with him for almost a minute to get him breathing again and get the food out of his throat, my older son gave him a chip. What if that happened while I wasn't around? A 6 year old surely couldn't save him and would they notice him choking in time to come upstairs and tell Bonnie? Yes these are all worst case scenarios but can happen. There are a lot of small toys in the basement that Lincoln could choke on, like the marble run. I guess you never think about things like that until they happen to you.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I don't think it's the safety concerns that people are saying are sanctimommy comments.

Exactly. I think this particular board for some reason has an inability to agree to disagree. If you don't like something Bonnie does, you're a sanctimommy. If you defend it, you're a Bonnie worshipper. It's all just opinions. Nitpicking or based in real safety concerns, they're all just opinions. Can we just maybe stop attacking posters, and if we disagree with an opinion discuss that instead?
Didn't mean to sound defensive in my last post. I was irritated. Like I said, for some reason, that term gets my back up. And honestly, so does "Bonnie worshipper". We don't know anything about each other other than what we post here, and we all bring our own filters and issues to the forum along with our opinions. Things that seem silly to one person make another really concerned, like the previous poster whose son choked, or the one whose relative got systemic herpes. So, to quote Rodney King, "can't we all just get along?"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I have never complained about the snow plow, I don't like the kids hair but some people probably don't like the way I let my boys grow out curls either.
My only concern with Bonnie are with safety. Yes I think she loves her children deeply but makes a lot of mistakes. There have been parents who had kids taken away from them for walking down the street like Bonnie's kids do so she should be careful about what she puts on YouTube.
Sure I make mistakes and so does everyone and I am in no way a sanctimommy and I can't even say my kids are as well behaved as Bonnie's kids but they are safe and they are loved. I would never do most of the things she does with her kids because I live in the real world and watch the news too much. I don't want my kids kidnapped or hurt. I just now started letting my 3 year old play in our back yard alone, it has a privacy fence. I never even let him leave my sight in the front yard.
As for leaving them alone I would be terrified to do that. My 1 year old has choked before at the age of 11 months and turned blue, I had to work with him for almost a minute to get him breathing again and get the food out of his throat, my older son gave him a chip. What if that happened while I wasn't around? A 6 year old surely couldn't save him and would they notice him choking in time to come upstairs and tell Bonnie? Yes these are all worst case scenarios but can happen. There are a lot of small toys in the basement that Lincoln could choke on, like the marble run. I guess you never think about things like that until they happen to you.

Some 6 year olds are responsible enough to watch their younger siblings enough to make sure they don't have access to small items. Linc is probably safer with Cody and Olivia watching him than your 3 year old is alone in his yard.

What if he choked?
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

IceCreamCone wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I have never complained about the snow plow, I don't like the kids hair but some people probably don't like the way I let my boys grow out curls either.

Some 6 year olds are responsible enough to watch their younger siblings enough to make sure they don't have access to small items. Linc is probably safer with Cody and Olivia watching him than your 3 year old is alone in his yard.

What if he choked?
Your right that's why I check on him every couple minutes. And yes choking is a serious thing. Thankfully he is a picky eater and doesn't put non edible items in his mouth.

And no I'm sorry no matter how much I trust the 6 year old I wouldn't leave them alone down there for very long. Maybe long enough to use the bathroom or make a snack. Lincoln is getting older now so it's not as big of a deal anymore.

Thankfully my kids play area is on the main floor so my kids are never really unsupervised. I can take a shower while they nap.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

IceCreamCone wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Hey everyone! I've been absent from the boards for a while but used to post a lot. Disappointed to see how sanctimommy heavy this board has become! When you nitpick such minor issues it waters down your point on the real issues. I for one still love Bonnie. Think she's perfect? Nope. But I think she's real and love her.
I completely agree. I wouldn't say I LOVE Bonnie anymore (I definitely don't like some of the things she does) but I do still really like her and Joel. I've seen some changes, but not to the extent that has been suggested here. I sometimes wonder if the nitpicking is really about criticizing Bonnie herself, or if it's about proving she's as bad (or worse) than her sister. It seems like Bonnie's harshest critics are usually the first ones to have something nice to say about Ellie, and vice versa.
Dont care for either but right now Bonnie is not winning the Mother of the Year Award...

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

IceCreamCone wrote:

What if he choked?
I don't think so...those two younger ones are not safe without adult supervision.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

IceCreamCone wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Some 6 year olds are responsible enough to watch their younger siblings enough to make sure they don't have access to small items.
Just because they can doesn't mean they should.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

I'm here to discuss opinions, not posters. The board has a more balanced and respectful feel to it when this is done, imo.

Back to yesterday's vlog, Joel out front making a snow fort and he see's Bonnie driving down the street back from visiting her aunt in the hospital. Joel: ''Heyyyy, look who's coming home right now. It's the monster.'' I don't think he was referring to the suburban. :? 8-)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I tend to just avoid commenting as much when I feel like this board is getting over the top. I suppose maybe it wouldn't swing to such an extreme if more people were making positive or neutral comments, but it's hard to disagree with other peoples' opinions without one or both sides making it personal. Ultimately I still think YouTube is a (very small) microcosm of celebrity culture, in which we elevate individuals and then tear them down. Familiarity breeds contempt and all that. I'm pretty sure that anybody who posted 15 minute videos daily for years on end would develop an ever-growing group of critics, because we all do shit that is not only annoying but also questionable if not flat-out wrong. We just don't upload it for profit.

Regarding the safety stuff - Bonnie reminds me so much of my own mother. Our family car had the seatbelts cut out of it, and we roamed the neighborhood at will, sat on ledges, climbed trees, etc. I was often left in charge of younger siblings for long amounts of time and let them roam freely then too. Instead of getting married at 18 or 20, I went to college and joined the real (modern) world where those things are not OK and people side-eye you for taking a kid to a restaurant at 11pm. But I don't hate my parents for their "safety concerns" and I don't hate Bonnie for it either.

I am presently kind of annoyed with her, though. I think she is incapable of letting things go, and that's why she continues to carry on with on-the-mouth kisses and other things people complain about. She feels like she has to stick it to the haters, and I find it irritating that this takes up so much of her vlog footage. I get that people are harsh and the criticism is probably hurtful and infuriating... But no job is perfect, and "haters" seem a small price to pay for the income and lifestyle vlogging affords her family.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”