Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Bonnie is really letting the comments (or possibly this forum) get to her. She mentioned today and I think at least one other time this week about people are going to tell her what she was doing was wrong etc.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

workfromhomemom wrote:Bonnie is really letting the comments (or possibly this forum) get to her. She mentioned today and I think at least one other time this week about people are going to tell her what she was doing was wrong etc.
I'm actually starting to even wonder if she does read here.

I wouldn't take comments well if I were a Vlogger either, and that's why I wouldn't do it. No one takes being told how to parent well. I can't imagine why vloggers expect to be able to brush it off.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

PostyMcPosterston wrote:Soooooy confused at what's being discussed.

Bonnie's skin has looked really nice lately. Do you think it was from the intense facial she got? Seems like that was awhile ago? Or maybe she's just doing bare minimum make up, so she just looks like "natural perfection" What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if it's a different moisturizer due to the cold weather? Or a difference in humidity? A weather change always forces me to change products.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Bonnie's skin has looked really nice lately. Do you think it was from the intense facial she got? Seems like that was awhile ago? Or maybe she's just doing bare minimum make up, so she just looks like "natural perfection" What do you guys think?

I wonder if it's a different moisturizer due to the cold weather? Or a difference in humidity? A weather change always forces me to change products.
That could be! I wonder!

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

workfromhomemom wrote:Bonnie is really letting the comments (or possibly this forum) get to her. She mentioned today and I think at least one other time this week about people are going to tell her what she was doing was wrong etc.
I think she is seeing it in her comments. From what I read, the ones who said negative things, their approach was in a nice manner.

But this bothering her has been going on for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She has the nicer skin tone with her darker hair and she does know how to apply makeup.

ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

He said "bonnster". He's called her that before.

Too lazy to go back and reply but she didn't say anything sassy about the baths, she said "the kids had baths like yesterday."
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kryptonite wrote:Tratra, for some reason I cannot PM you so I apologize in advance for the public response.

Please fit it all into one post. The triple/quadruple posting is a bit much... Thanks. :)

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
It was a mistake on my part. I don't know how I even did it. I apologize and thank you.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:

I wouldn't take comments well if I were a Vlogger either, and that's why I wouldn't do it. No one takes being told how to parent well. I can't imagine why vloggers expect to be able to brush it off.
It is a choice to put your family, children and daily life on YouTube. However, they have a large say in what they present and the controversial parts of vlogs could be not filmed or edited out.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

It is a choice to put your family, children and daily life on YouTube. However, they have a large say in what they present and the controversial parts of vlogs could be not filmed or edited out.

Ultimately though, someone will always have an opinion about something. If you tried to avoid it, you'd just drive yourself crazy. YT may not be a good career fit if you aren't able to brush things off.
hey girl hey007
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by hey girl hey007 »

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Bonnie really needs thicker skin or she should consider stopping YouTube. I had to stop watching because the constant bad behavior, the annoying whining, and the passive aggressive comments just were too much. "If you can't handle fire, stay out of the kitchen", I know I wouldn't be able to cut it vlogging. We talked about it before and I know I'm too sensitive to other people's judgement. Bonnie didn't have to follow in her sisters footsteps, she made her bed now she gets to lay in it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Ultimately though, someone will always have an opinion about something. If you tried to avoid it, you'd just drive yourself crazy. YT may not be a good career fit if you aren't able to brush things off.
I agree and thousands of viewer may at anytime say you are the best or worst parent. I thought she toned her vlog down today and was more aware of what she filmed. For them, I image the income is enough to put up with negative comments that may move them to be more aware of their editing process and boundaries to adhere to when filming.

I think her sensitivity could also say she cares which isn't a bad thing. I don't see that in her sister.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

OMG I wish this "Bonster" thing had come about just slightly sooner so we could've named this thread "The Herpes Bonster". Or even better, "The 'Herpe' Bonster", because thou may possess ONE, singular herpe. Lmfffao

ANYWAY, I'm having a hard time with the discussion here lately. I know this has been touched on briefly before, but I don't think it really went anywhere. We're all getting down on Bonnie for being real on the vlogs, but then at the same time expect her not to be /too/ real, and are bored when she isn't.

I think all vloggers read here occasionally at the very least, and I honestly think it's the negative comments that start to change them. They're open and honest with the viewers, vlog their actual daily life, get ridiculed for it, and are in turn, forced to change or censor what they show.

I'm not even trying to defend Bonnie for her specific behaviors just because it's Bonnie, and I'm not saying I agree with everything she does. I just think the moments that she gets ridiculed for the most on here are the most raw, real moments. That's what we all really want from vloggers, isn't it?

It's just kind of turning into this doubled-edged sword. Like, we criticize them for being real, but then criticize them for censoring and "setting up" scenes. And yes, I realize that of course there is no way to fully avoid this happening because people are going to have something to say regardless. Obviously everyone here, myself included, is here for the purpose this site was created, to gossip haha. I just think it's important to remember that they're people just like you and I are, and that if they're being "real" like we want them to be, they're going to make mistakes. I don't know about you guys, but I would rather watch a vlogger who doesn't censor or edit enough as opposed to ones that censor and edit TOO much (with the exception of obvious things that need to be censored *ahem*).

*RANT OVER*

P.S. And NO, I am not a huge fan of Bonnie, so please don't think I came here to defend her in particular while I bash E+J. But I do, however, think that Bonnie has a kind heart and good intentions (unlike Ellie whose heart is probably freeze dried inside a block of ice locked up somewhere inside of "her" Ice Palace) which is what, I believe, should give her the benefit of the doubt.

P.P.S. I just want our old friend Bonnie back. :(

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have to say that Joel is above nice to go and help Jared clear his driveway. Jared left his four wheeler empty...geez. He looked cold at the gas station.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:OMG I wish this "Bonster" thing had come about just slightly sooner so we could've named this thread "The Herpes Bonster". Or even better, "The 'Herpe' Bonster", because thou may possess ONE, singular herpe. Lmfffao

ANYWAY, I'm having a hard time with the discussion here lately. I know this has been touched on briefly before, but I don't think it really went anywhere. We're all getting down on Bonnie for being real on the vlogs, but then at the same time expect her not to be /too/ real, and are bored when she isn't.

I think all vloggers read here occasionally at the very least, and I honestly think it's the negative comments that start to change them. They're open and honest with the viewers, vlog their actual daily life, get ridiculed for it, and are in turn, forced to change or censor what they show.

I'm not even trying to defend Bonnie for her specific behaviors just because it's Bonnie, and I'm not saying I agree with everything she does. I just think the moments that she gets ridiculed for the most on here are the most raw, real moments. That's what we all really want from vloggers, isn't it?

It's just kind of turning into this doubled-edged sword. Like, we criticize them for being real, but then criticize them for censoring and "setting up" scenes. And yes, I realize that of course there is no way to fully avoid this happening because people are going to have something to say regardless. Obviously everyone here, myself included, is here for the purpose this site was created, to gossip haha. I just think it's important to remember that they're people just like you and I are, and that if they're being "real" like we want them to be, they're going to make mistakes. I don't know about you guys, but I would rather watch a vlogger who doesn't censor or edit enough as opposed to ones that censor and edit TOO much (with the exception of obvious things that need to be censored *ahem*).

*RANT OVER*

P.S. And NO, I am not a huge fan of Bonnie, so please don't think I came here to defend her in particular while I bash E+J. But I do, however, think that Bonnie has a kind heart and good intentions (unlike Ellie whose heart is probably freeze dried inside a block of ice locked up somewhere inside of "her" Ice Palace) which is what, I believe, should give her the benefit of the doubt.

P.P.S. I just want our old friend Bonnie back. :(

I can see your point to an extent. If it got missed in my "can't we get along" post, I do give Bonnie props for being more honest than Ellie. At least showing her occasional bad temper is much better than pretending to be nice to everyone all the time and then letting the mask slip, and showing what a bitch you really are. We all have bad days. She was really surprised when her niece said she'd had a good time staying with her, because she thinks of herself as the mean aunt.
I don't _think_ I criticize Bonnie for being real. I admit to being one of the hair gel nitpickers, but I also said it's totally my opinion and I am not bothered if others disagree. That's not just a Bonnie thing-- bugs me when anyone does it. I had a friend who posted possible haircuts for her toddler on Facebook. I thought all of them were douchebag haircuts and said so. But that's me. If you want to put 8 products in your kid's hair, you do you.
Anyway, I too miss the "old" Bonnie. I really believe that _needing_ the income from vlogging is what has changed her. Not so much the criticism, because that came after she changed. But once the money got good, and they started enjoying it, and Joel quit his job, putting more pressure on Bonnie to get views and $$, that's when the vlogs stopped being just for fun and so enjoyable. And honestly, I think she's getting less strict with the kids because acting out makes better footage.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

lmmomSD wrote:
I can see your point to an extent. If it got missed in my "can't we get along" post, I do give Bonnie props for being more honest than Ellie. At least showing her occasional bad temper is much better than pretending to be nice to everyone all the time and then letting the mask slip, and showing what a bitch you really are. We all have bad days. She was really surprised when her niece said she'd had a good time staying with her, because she thinks of herself as the mean aunt.
I don't _think_ I criticize Bonnie for being real. I admit to being one of the hair gel nitpickers, but I also said it's totally my opinion and I am not bothered if others disagree. That's not just a Bonnie thing-- bugs me when anyone does it. I had a friend who posted possible haircuts for her toddler on Facebook. I thought all of them were douchebag haircuts and said so. But that's me. If you want to put 8 products in your kid's hair, you do you.
Anyway, I too miss the "old" Bonnie. I really believe that _needing_ the income from vlogging is what has changed her. Not so much the criticism, because that came after she changed. But once the money got good, and they started enjoying it, and Joel quit his job, putting more pressure on Bonnie to get views and $$, that's when the vlogs stopped being just for fun and so enjoyable. And honestly, I think she's getting less strict with the kids because acting out makes better footage.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Very good points you bring up! My post wasn't intended to call you or anyone in particular out at all, but more addressed to everyone as a whole (including myself because I am definitely guilty of nitpicking at times as well). And at least you are aware and admit to nitpicking and you are polite in the way you express your opinions! Haha

My post was more geared toward the opinions that we sometimes have that take on a more harsh, unforgiving and malicious tone. It's all good to have opinions of course, that's what keeps these threads interesting! It's when we forget that our opinions are just that and nothing more, that I think we need a friendly reminder that everyone's human and prone to error, you know?

And yes, I absolutely agree that it is much better to own up to your bad temper, strict rules, etc., than to be the Mommy Dearest type *cough elliedearest cough*. It's like that saying, you can't /truly/ be insane if you realize your behavior is insane, right?

And as far as Bonnie changing due to needing money goes, I completely agree. I think it's the combination of her reacting to negative feedback poorly, and trying to change her style in order to recruit younger viewers (probably a tip she got from E+J) that has caused the change in the vlogs. It's such a shame.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

It is possible that the criticism started to get to Bonnie. It's actually isn't a new thing. If you go back over a year ago this board was full of criticism towards her. It was just a mix of positive and negative, whereas now it more negative. If she was reding those criticisms, and has continued to do so, I can see that playing a part in her changing content like Boredom suggested. It does suck though because it's starting to look like there's no such thing as a middle of the road YTers. Everyone wants to be the big YTer with the lavish lifestyle, even if it's shorter lived and means completely selling out.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

Huh. Am I the only one who doesn't see THAT big of a change in Bonnie's vlogs? Obviously there are some, but she and Joel still seem basically the same to me.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Huh. Am I the only one who doesn't see THAT big of a change in Bonnie's vlogs? Obviously there are some, but she and Joel still seem basically the same to me.
I do think they are more boring with Joel at home. Plus they are hanging out with E&J more than I care to watch. Bonnie had more going on before so other than the occasional shopping trip or Bachelor viewing we really didn't see her getting together with Ellie as often. There are differences, but I don't see them to the extent that others do.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I purposely listed a long paragraph of negative topics I posted about with Ellie and even Jared. I've never been called out saying my post were nitpicking when I post about E+J. Most were 'character' issues. Why is Bonnie different?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”