Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Playsinrain »

PhoenixFeathers wrote:It's definitely possible they read here. The effort they have made to address the clutter in their home seems awfully coincidental. But if they are trying to put their home on the market they need to declutter anyway, so who knows if its something they'd be talking about in the vlogs if we weren't talking about it here.

I too have been curious if Katie is still working. I know when she first came home the plan was for her to keep office hours a couple days a month. But I don't know if I've heard them say anything about it since. Its possible I guess, but without much evidence i feel its doubtful.

I can't blame her at all for staying home when her kids are young. It wouldn't be too hard for her to return if she desires when they are older. Juat some recertification possibly, if she isnt keeping that up now. But that's just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I can't blame her either, and like you said, with her degree it wouldn't take long for her to be able to get back into the work place if and when she decided to go back. She could probably get back into the same school system.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:Just wanted to point out that i wasnt saying they needed a mansion but its pretty obvious that they are trying to keep up with their friends and family who have all recently purchased huge expensive houses. Katie was annoyed about having to donate part of her down payment for a house to charity lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not only other vloggers that have big beautiful houses. Katie's own sister just bought a McMansion. And of course, there's her parents house. Katie is actually more used to opulence than the vloggers who have bought big houses lately. I don't think it's as much keeping up with vloggers as keeping up with her own and her family's expectations of what she should have.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
That is a good point Katie grew up upper class and the others who now have the big homes didn't...it will be interesting to see their next home.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
mblant99
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by mblant99 »

Gaines looks so big in Cullen's instagram picture!

907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

I remember them saying that Katie went from the office to working at home. But once a month she would go into the office and work.

"They are old..." meh they are my age and that's also why I enjoy watching them.

emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

Hi! I don't ever watch them, but I follow their social media, they "the best" YT couple (in comparison with EJ DB etc), more down to earth and bla bla bla. I don't mean to be mean in any way and I'm asking this as I don't have a child (and I have no clue). Is it normal to a baby to have a head this large? ( Brooks) (again, I'm just curious because I know nothing about babies, I'm just worried, and I don't know if this was addressed before)
emlyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by emlyx »

emlyx wrote:Hi! I don't ever watch them, but I follow their social media, they "the best" YT couple (in comparison with EJ DB etc), more down to earth and bla bla bla. I don't mean to be mean in any way and I'm asking this as I don't have a child (and I have no clue). Is it normal to a baby to have a head this large? ( Brooks) (again, I'm just curious because I know nothing about babies, I'm just worried, and I don't know if this was addressed before)
*are
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Lol, too old for what? To be parents? They seem of an appropriate age to do that. To be on YouTube? That would imply that YouTube is only for vacuous, emotionally immature 25 yr old first-time parents with no preparation and no backup plan.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

emlyx wrote:Hi! I don't ever watch them, but I follow their social media, they "the best" YT couple (in comparison with EJ DB etc), more down to earth and bla bla bla. I don't mean to be mean in any way and I'm asking this as I don't have a child (and I have no clue). Is it normal to a baby to have a head this large? ( Brooks) (again, I'm just curious because I know nothing about babies, I'm just worried, and I don't know if this was addressed before)
This was asked a couple of weeks ago. I think it would mentioned that Katie asked the doctor and his head is fine. I think in yesterday's video she mentioned that he wouldn't be able to start baby lead weaning until he's able to sit up better. He just kinda falls over. The size of his head has to contribute to that. I wonder if he's just not getting enough practice? Over the past few days they show him sitting more, but he's usually laying down on his back in the videos or being cradled like a much smaller baby. It's easy to forget that he's nearly 6 months old.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:I still wonder if Katie with her studies/degree doesn't question having their kids on YouTube or the consequences, if any, they will see in the future. It would be a great research paper.
I agree. If she has the intellect to have a PhD, one wonders whether she ponders this juxtapose position she's currently in as a parent.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Lovethesnark wrote:
This was asked a couple of weeks ago. I think it would mentioned that Katie asked the doctor and his head is fine. I think in yesterday's video she mentioned that he wouldn't be able to start baby lead weaning until he's able to sit up better. He just kinda falls over. The size of his head has to contribute to that. I wonder if he's just not getting enough practice? Over the past few days they show him sitting more, but he's usually laying down on his back in the videos or being cradled like a much smaller baby. It's easy to forget that he's nearly 6 months old.
My kids both have big heads and they are fine. It's normal and probably nothing to worry about. I agree with you that his head is floppy because he doesn't get enough practice they cradle him like a newborn still and support his head all the time. When my babies were that age I carried them on my hip and always sat them up. My youngest was army crawling and rolling all over the place at that age. Not saying they are doing things wrong because I only see what's in the vlog! He definitely seems behind with his motor development though.
Brooks is adorable big head and all, I honestly can't get over how cute he is! Gaines was very behind in her motor development as well and ahead with her vocal development so maybe that is normal for their family.

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
My kids both have big heads and they are fine. It's normal and probably nothing to worry about. I agree with you that his head is floppy because he doesn't get enough practice they cradle him like a newborn still and support his head all the time. When my babies were that age I carried them on my hip and always sat them up. My youngest was army crawling and rolling all over the place at that age. Not saying they are doing things wrong because I only see what's in the vlog! He definitely seems behind with his motor development though.
Brooks is adorable big head and all, I honestly can't get over how cute he is! Gaines was very behind in her motor development as well and ahead with her vocal development so maybe that is normal for their family.

Eh, my friend's baby had a big head like Brooks, and he was "behind" (slower than typical, but still within normal range) in thing like sitting, crawling, etc. The Dr said it's just a bit more difficult if they have a larger head, and can take a bit more time to develop strong enough muscles. I think Brooks was on the smaller side on the growth chart for height/weight - like MG was - but his head's always been quite a bit larger. He'll even out eventually

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

In today's video, they addressed Ada's nails being so long after seeing a comment about it. I like how they responded to it and Cullen even showed and explained why her nails are so long. One thing with them, they don't constantly going around calling everyone who has a different opinion "haters". Which I appreciate. (Correct me if I am wrong?)

And I just want to say the title and thumbnail is basic clickbait. I noticed there are two kinds of clickbait:

1. The FAST attention seeking/views seeking clickbait which tends to always be about some kind of bug bite, falling, "trapped", or anything involving someone being hurt or upset or gross. This will hit 1M fairly quickly.

2. The "false advertisement" clickbait which includes the "pregnancy scares" or focuses on some 10 second clip of the entire vlog that trick people into watching it but it doesn't always get a whole lot of views.

Cullen has been trying it and I hate it.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I think in order to film yourself everyday and put it on YouTube, you have to have narcissistic tendencies. I definitely see this inflated sense of self and need for validation from Cullen. It's not normal to broadcast your kids on the internet for a paycheck. All vloggers are exploiting their kids and violating their privacy. The thing is, I don't think Katie cares, despite her background in child psychology, because it means she can stay at home with another parent helping and still live the lifestyle she's accustomed to.

I do think they pander to a younger audience in a sense, but he's always been immature for his age to begin with, so I don't know that it's a conscious thing. In his earlier videos, he's climbing on top of rows of shopping carts in stores and walking across them. He really cares about putting on a show and he'll go to great lengths for the sake of "entertaining" the viewers, who are largely under the age of 18.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

[quote="daisy1000"]In today's video, they addressed Ada's nails being so long after seeing a comment about it. I like how they responded to it and Cullen even showed and explained why her nails are so long. One thing with them, they don't constantly going around calling everyone who has a different opinion "haters". Which I appreciate. (Correct me if I am wrong?)

And I just want to say the title and thumbnail is basic clickbait. I noticed there are two kinds of clickbait:

1. The FAST attention seeking/views seeking clickbait which tends to always be about some kind of bug bite, falling, "trapped", or anything involving someone being hurt or upset or gross. This will hit 1M fairly quickly.

2. The "false advertisement" clickbait which includes the "pregnancy scares" or focuses on some 10 second clip of the entire vlog that trick people into watching it but it doesn't always get a whole lot of views.

Cullen has been trying it and I hate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

They need a different vet. One of my doggies was greatly abused before I had him and is the same way about getting his nails trimmed. He HATES it but if the dogs nails are too big it can hurt and affect their posture( mine already has back issues so he doesn't need anything adding to that) but anyway my point is I take him to the vet every 6 weeks, they put a muzzle on him and the tech holds him while the vet trims. I stand in front and love on him the whole time. Never has it been suggested to sedate him, even though it's a pain for everyone involved.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I think in order to film yourself everyday and put it on YouTube, you have to have narcissistic tendencies. I definitely see this inflated sense of self and need for validation from Cullen. It's not normal to broadcast your kids on the internet for a paycheck. All vloggers are exploiting their kids and violating their privacy. The thing is, I don't think Katie cares, despite her background in child psychology, because it means she can stay at home with another parent helping and still live the lifestyle she's accustomed to.

I do think they pander to a younger audience in a sense, but he's always been immature for his age to begin with, so I don't know that it's a conscious thing. In his earlier videos, he's climbing on top of rows of shopping carts in stores and walking across them. He really cares about putting on a show and he'll go to great lengths for the sake of "entertaining" the viewers, who are largely under the age of 18.
You're totally spot on. I have always said that you have to be a special kind of egotist to vlog. To assume that strangers are going to be interested in your life, in watching you go to Target and Starbucks, and your everyday life, you have to be a narcissist at least a little bit. To walk around looking at yourself in a viewfinder and talking to a camera all day long is just self absorbed. I think vlogger personality traits would make another good thesis topic.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Ya'll it makes me feel so much better that my dog isn't the only one that acts a hot mess at the vet. No matter how many times we go she cries and whines the WHOLE time and she's just like Ada, we have to muzzle her to get her nails trimmed. She acts like and sounds like you are cutting her whole foot off. Drama queen dogs!!
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

I didn't think the vlog was click bait. She actually had a bite on her foot, and while it's still pretty small there is a chance it's a spider bite. I hope it's just an ant bite. My mom said when I got bit and accidentally popped it, she was extremely scared.

Seeing their dogs at the vet made me laugh so hard. One of my pups used to scream so loudly she made the vet think he cut her when trimming her nails. She's better, but she still doesn't like people grabbing her paws. I just love how these two seem relatable in that their kids are taught basic manners, and they treat their animals well.

Also at the end of the vlog it sounded like Katie was trying to keep Gaines from talking in the third person by telling her to say "I want to walk" and such. That makes me happy because while Gaines is so far ahead in speech she doesn't have a grasp on pronouns yet and that gets to me.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Painting the kitchen would make a great impact and it is cheap.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I think in order to film yourself everyday and put it on YouTube, you have to have narcissistic tendencies. I definitely see this inflated sense of self and need for validation from Cullen. It's not normal to broadcast your kids on the internet for a paycheck. All vloggers are exploiting their kids and violating their privacy. The thing is, I don't think Katie cares, despite her background in child psychology, because it means she can stay at home with another parent helping and still live the lifestyle she's accustomed to.

You're totally spot on. I have always said that you have to be a special kind of egotist to vlog. To assume that strangers are going to be interested in your life, in watching you go to Target and Starbucks, and your everyday life, you have to be a narcissist at least a little bit. To walk around looking at yourself in a viewfinder and talking to a camera all day long is just self absorbed. I think vlogger personality traits would make another good thesis topic.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
A truthful Q&A would be interesting too. Just how much do they make would be my first question.

I think he is pandering to kids too, but he has always been goofy. I like his Target Ball creativity.

I agree with all aspects of the above messages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:
marshmallowfluf wrote:Just wanted to point out that i wasnt saying they needed a mansion but its pretty obvious that they are trying to keep up with their friends and family who have all recently purchased huge expensive houses. Katie was annoyed about having to donate part of her down payment for a house to charity lol

It's not only other vloggers that have big beautiful houses. Katie's own sister just bought a McMansion. And of course, there's her parents house. Katie is actually more used to opulence than the vloggers who have bought big houses lately. I don't think it's as much keeping up with vloggers as keeping up with her own and her family's expectations of what she should have.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I agree. And maybe it isn't even what her family exoects her to have as much as it is what she's dreamed of for hersef and her family since she was maybe 12 or 13 years old. She is ambitious and willing to work really hard, how else could she become Dr. B? She's said in the vlogs that she and Cullen had planned x, y, z fot their kids since before they were married. I definitely believe they have shirt term and long term goals. I'm really looking forward to seeing the house that steals their hearts.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”