melonyogloo
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by melonyogloo »

ewokfan11 wrote:
melonyogloo wrote:It is just another sympathy-begging episode. Their fans are going to send them more clothes because of that.
I'm starting to think they are doing these stupid things on purpose in an attempt to get more attention and views (and gifts in the PO Box). That awful haircut couldn't have been on purpose, right?! Ruining the baby clothes on purpose means MORE sympathy gifts, right?! If they need post-baby meals, then Blue Apron (or another delivery meal company) will probably give them a multi-month sponsorship, right?! They complain about having no car, so maybe Uber or Lyft will sponsor them, right?!

Corbin does seem a bit manipulative, so I'd believe this is all for their own personal $$$ gain.
Do you really think Corbin would forget to put mail-opening segment in yesterday's vlog? Even if they did forget, no viewer would know. The reason to mention it is? Why did they sandwich the mail-opening segment between thinking that she didn't ruin anything and discovering the color runs? They are smarter than they want you to think. Everything is calculated. I got blocked in their Youtube comment section because I called them out on it while they were still traveling.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

While I agree that they're fishing for people to send them gifts, I may be in the minority for believing they really just are that stupid, lol. It's possible they're scripting these things for vlog content. But I actually believe them when they portray themselves in a less than flattering way. I think they're just not critical thinkers and can't manage the basics. I don't think it occurred to Kelsey to separate darks and lights, and I think Corbin got that awful haircut thinking it was hip. The whining after she made a mistake with the laundry was so annoying! She talks and acts like a child.
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

Oh my gosh, the stupidity in that vlog today. You would think she's a teen mom with that laundry snafu, not a 26/27 year old woman. Time to grow up and learn how to separate your laundry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

I actually felt a little bad for her with the laundry. But then I'm newly post partum and everything makes me cry. I'd cry (and have) over ruined baby clothes.

I was also confused as to exactly how the clothes were ruined. Because they said something about ink stains. And usually when coloes run in a wash it tinges the whole garment not leave spots on the clothes.

That said, if it was color tramsfer from clothinh she should have known better then to was brights/colors with whites especially for the initial wash. (And I'm pretty sure the tags on all of those clothes instruct to wash with like colors.)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lord knows I've cried over silly stuff, I would have understood if she was hormonal and cried a bit. But the weird, high pitched, petulant whine is what got me. She's just so sulky and bad tempered. It will be interesting when Kelsey and Corbin no longer get to be babies because they have an actual baby to take care of.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

My husband said the clothes weren't ruined if the baby can still wear them lol. I understand why Kelsey was upset but I also understand my husband's point of view as well. Never been pregnant but I know I've ruined clothes before and I've just dealt with it and wore them as is. I would hope that if (maybe a when? I would hope my laundry skills would be the same as they are now) I ruined baby clothes I would have the wits about me to realize the baby would not care how the clothes would look on her, only that she was wearing clothes when it was too cold to be without. That's why I'm getting a bit worn out on Kelsey and Corbin. If they are as down to earth as they seem they should realize that clothing doesn't matter and it shouldn't matter if Junipers clothing is a bit color ruined. Juniper will not care about the color of her clothing and their only care should be that Juniper is warm, fed, and loved. If they were still traveling in the van, would they be as worried about the clothes? In that context, they wouldn't be able to because of being on the road and having unpredictable laundry stops. I would bet money on it that if they were still traveling when the baby was born that Juniper would be in diapers most of the time or in things that are not baby clothes, like one of their old shirts.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

What is with the "My love" shit? Oh my gawd, it is awful and I have only watched 2 vlogs.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Corbin should just explain what his "job" is and be done with it. He doesn't have to say where he works, but everyone is obviously curious what this "job" is. Going to the "office" about once a week for about an hour is a very strange "job." I don't blame people (including myself) for thinking he's lying about his "job."

It really just seemed like he met a friend for lunch downtown and was home before 4:30 p.m. (and it's about 30-40 minutes from their apartment to downtown by bus)
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

I really hope he has a job. I don't think they realize how expensive a baby is. But I really doubt it because I can't think of a job where you pop in for an hour. My husband does computer things for a job and he's either in the office for the whole day or at home for 8 hours of work. I asked and he says contractors at his job are to work from the office as well or at home for 8 hours. Randy from Randy and Anna has a computer job as well but it seems like he actually works the numerous hours a day that you would think would go into a job. I also really hope that Corbin isn't lying to Kelsey about their income situation and/or about where he goes like I feel Austin was (is?) to Britt. Although she seems very immature, she seems like a sweetheart and just naive about the care and money a baby takes. It's one thing to watch YouTube videos about babies and have an actual living baby.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'm watching today's vlog so i'll wait to comment on this whole "reading mean comments" business.

I'm with you Phoenix, I kinda felt bad for her that she ruined the clothes. Sure it could have been avoided i get that, but being pregnant makes you emotional and I think i can give her a pass on being on the verge of tears that she ruined some of the clothes that she liked the most. Hell, even not pregnant I've gotten upset when I've ruined something of my kids or my own in the wash or whatever. Hormones are crazy drugs and with her nesting so hard core i can see why it made her sad.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Lord knows I've cried over silly stuff, I would have understood if she was hormonal and cried a bit. But the weird, high pitched, petulant whine is what got me. She's just so sulky and bad tempered. It will be interesting when Kelsey and Corbin no longer get to be babies because they have an actual baby to take care of.
Yeah, I would have felt bad for her too, if she didn't pout like a child. Corbin encourages it, though. If I pouted like that, my husband would give me some serious side eye.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I find it very hard to believe he could maintain a remote job from the van AND the beach condo without an internet connection. They want us to believe this is the same job he had after he quit his television station job. I wonder if it's some sort of sales assignment where he works his own hours and only gets paid a commission rather than an hourly rate. That would explain why he only goes in for a few hours every week, perhaps to meet with his manager to discuss whether he's hitting his numbers or not. I'm assuming there's a reason they won't elaborate, and it's probably because it's not a stable income and if they divulge that it will only lead to more questions and criticisms. When commenters say "job" they mean something stable with benefits and a career trajectory.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

OK, ive come to the conclusion that i really can't stand Corbin. I can't stand his voice, i can't stand his hair.. I can't stand how he acts so damn stupid and shocked by everything. He gets on my nerves so much more than Kelsey.. UGH!!!!!!!
I never knew the thing about the hole in the wooden spoon.. lol
The comments wernt even that bad, but he handled them well, i actually laughed at that part. lol At least he didn't just delete them :lol:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I find it very hard to believe he could maintain a remote job from the van AND the beach condo without an internet connection. They want us to believe this is the same job he had after he quit his television station job. I wonder if it's some sort of sales assignment where he works his own hours and only gets paid a commission rather than an hourly rate. That would explain why he only goes in for a few hours every week, perhaps to meet with his manager to discuss whether he's hitting his numbers or not. I'm assuming there's a reason they won't elaborate, and it's probably because it's not a stable income and if they divulge that it will only lead to more questions and criticisms. When commenters say "job" they mean something stable with benefits and a career trajectory.
Agree with all this, if he doesn't want comments like that about his job then he should elaborate on what he does, acting like an ass about it only proves he's not being truthful about what the job situation really is.
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

Does it not bother anyone else how often Corbin says "my love"

Emcee
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Emcee »

ja14 wrote:Does it not bother anyone else how often Corbin says "my love"

Yes! It's so annoying. And Kelsey's baby voice is just as bad.

:love2:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Emcee wrote:
ja14 wrote:Does it not bother anyone else how often Corbin says "my love"

Yes! It's so annoying. And Kelsey's baby voice is just as bad.

It's even worse when he does it around Missy and Bryan, because Bryan starts upping the ante with his affectionate nicknames for Missy.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Snow White
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Snow White »

She left the wet laundry in the washer, while they took Paris to the vet, if the timeline of their video is to be believed. That is likely when the colour transfer happened. I've done this myself.. it totally sucks. You can tell as the transfer is concentrated to a blotch. If it was simply running colours everything would have been tinted pink, rather than concentrated blotches..
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

There's no way I would bring my child to a health care provider that doesn't believe in vaccinations. What kind of bullshit is that? How can you trust her judgement as a provider? I don't care if she had mood lighting and a couch to sit on. She's obviously a quack.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And Corbin continues to prove over and over again that he is a complete moron. Why would a naturopathic doctor have admitting privileged at a medical hospital? The naturopathic "doctor" didn't go to medical school. They don't have an MD. Of course their scope of practice is limited, and the hospital is smart not to take on that liability. I think it's their perogative to pay whomever they want for their health care, but the fact that Corbin can't comprehend why the two are treated differently by a hospital system is just baffling.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”