Unread post by wildFlower14 »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

spooky wrote:
907ninja wrote:Who wants to do an Actually count?

This is actually my first post but I've actually been a lurker for ages and my schedule actually opened up a bit so I can actually post now!
I had to laugh at your post because I "actually" stopped today's video during Missy's intro after the 7th use of the word in the span of oh, about 45 seconds. I couldn't go on; maybe I'll be brave and go in later.
Don't forget "literally". Missy and Andrew from SlyFox love that word. "We were literally starving". No you weren't. "We literally just walked in the door", or my favorite in Southern California, "It's literally freezing outside".

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
addyrs
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by addyrs »

The relationship between Bryan/Missy and Finn has been talked about on here a lot, but what about Ollie and Finn? To me it doesn't even seem like they're brothers. When do we ever see them interact? Play together? Ollie plays with Liv and Pey more than his own brother. And really the only time we see Ollie talking to Finn is when he is told by his parents to say something to him.
Of course, I am an only child who doesn't know firsthand about sibling behavior between young children. Is this normal between two little boys? They just don't seem to have a strong sibling bond to me - at least from what we see.
momof2princes24
Talker
Talker

Unread post by momof2princes24 »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
actuallydear wrote:Part of me can't wait to see how things will be when Missy gets her girl (I really think next pregnancy she will) but then I also get sad because what is our entertainment is Finn's life. He will be even more forgotten. :( poor baby.

It makes me wonder how the dynamics will change with Ollie too.
I can just see it now. "Ollie you are a big brother again! Look at your little sister Ollie! Shes cute huh Ollie?? Move out of the way Finn.."

You forgot the part where he says aww baby girl you're so cute.. *rolls eyes* that's like hearing nails on a chalk board when he talks to macey Gaines and says oh baby girl hi!

sasicil76
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sasicil76 »

maybe bryan faked being sick so that the decorator company could come and take down the tree in the dining room and clean up, because he showed it that it was gone
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

My boys are 1 and 5 and they play together all day! Ollie doesnt know how to share though. Pey and liv are probably use to ollie getting everything he wants but a 1 year old doesnt understand that.

mommaof2cuties
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by mommaof2cuties »

So i saw a family mentioned on this thread before and started watching them. They are the waterswifevlogs. Cant figure out how make a seperate thread so wanted to share my excitement here lol they just announced they are expecting again. Im so glad they get to make the son they lost a big brother
907ninja
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 907ninja »

My boys are 3 years a part and they play and interact with each other all day. It's a little weird to me that Ollie doesn't interact that much with Finley. My oldest loves teaching his little brother anything About diggers and dump trucks. It's really sweet. Believe me they fight and scream, but for the most part they love being together.
I know with age differences it's hard to find a common activity. They could have included Finn when bowling. Maybe rolling a ball back and forth or even a game of chase. Simple things to get him laughing.

spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

mommaof2cuties wrote: waterswifevlogs
Oh I'm so happy for them; I remember watching a few of their videos and their sadness was palpable. She looks so happy now; I hope this pregnancy goes well for them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

marshmallowfluf wrote:My boys are 1 and 5 and they play together all day! Ollie doesnt know how to share though. Pey and liv are probably use to ollie getting everything he wants but a 1 year old doesnt understand that.

Finn obviously wants to play, but Ollie wants nothing to do with him. Look at Noah on Samika and Gaines. They both interact with their siblings, and try to make them laugh, and play with them. My kids weren't best friends, but they did stuff together. What's really weird is how delusional B&M and the minions are about it. They're always saying things like "Ollie is such a good big brother" and Missy was gushing about how they're going to play together and be "best friends". Not if you don't help them, starting now! Ollie would be perfectly happy if Finn didn't exist. He only interacts with Finn when he's told to. And yes, that's weird. He ran up and gave Peyton a completely unscripted hug at Chuck E Cheese. So he can express affection without being told to. He just has no desire to.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

As someone who not only has chickens but has a third generation family grain store that sells baby chickens in the spring AND knows more about chickens than any sane person on the planet...the way they introduced those chickens was not good.

There is a thing called a pecking order, and Bryan essentially let those chickens in to be pecked to death. You are supposed to introduce them slowly, and not just shove them together.

Also, the way they keep their chickens disturbs me...they don't have a run, and are essentially caged 90% of the time. The only time they are let out on the run is for Ollie to "play" with them. First off, NONE of the chickens they have are social breeds. So you won't get them to warm up to you like Araucana's do (those chickens that lay green eggs). Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol. The breeds they have (like Rhode Island's) are very skittish and do not warm up to owners very well (not saying it's not possible, plenty of customers come in and have chickens that follow them around and live inside wearing chicken diapers lol) and especially not kids like Ollie who is the embodiment of Darla from Finding Nemo.

Another thing about the chickens. I 10000% do not fault them for giving up the rooster. Unless you are running an actual farm you should not have a rooster, and sexing baby chicks is awful and even the most advanced techniques are only 70% right. HOWEVER saying the rooster was evil or mean and that's why they got rid of it is total bullshit. Roosters can be mean only if they have been mistreated, mostly they are just cocky little assholes lol. Don't lie and say you feared for your life or something, just say you didn't want to breed chickens and didn't want to have to weigh eggs everyday to see what's fertilized and what's not. No big deal. Just don't lie about it.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

rodgerdodger wrote: Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol.
How dare you be so offensive to chickens!!! Image

It's entirely possible that these ladies have more intelligence and self-awareness than Bryan and Missy do! I'm hoping they are planning an escape like Chicken Run to free themselves and get the heck out of there! I'm not shocked at all to find hey they were introduced wrong. Looks like Missy, the chicken expert, is full of crap just like usual. I'm not sure how someone who loves to preach about shopping at Whole Foods, can in good conscience essentially keep caged hens.
rodgerdodger
Gossiper
Gossiper

DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Unread post by rodgerdodger »

Also, those idiots probably didn't start out those chickens on medicated mash like you should. Because they wanted their chickens to be raised ~without antibiotics~

In six months you'll see one chicken with maggots hanging out of its butt due to croup.

Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

rodgerdodger wrote:As someone who not only has chickens but has a third generation family grain store that sells baby chickens in the spring AND knows more about chickens than any sane person on the planet...the way they introduced those chickens was not good.

There is a thing called a pecking order, and Bryan essentially let those chickens in to be pecked to death. You are supposed to introduce them slowly, and not just shove them together.

Also, the way they keep their chickens disturbs me...they don't have a run, and are essentially caged 90% of the time. The only time they are let out on the run is for Ollie to "play" with them. First off, NONE of the chickens they have are social breeds. So you won't get them to warm up to you like Araucana's do (those chickens that lay green eggs). Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol. The breeds they have (like Rhode Island's) are very skittish and do not warm up to owners very well (not saying it's not possible, plenty of customers come in and have chickens that follow them around and live inside wearing chicken diapers lol) and especially not kids like Ollie who is the embodiment of Darla from Finding Nemo.

Another thing about the chickens. I 10000% do not fault them for giving up the rooster. Unless you are running an actual farm you should not have a rooster, and sexing baby chicks is awful and even the most advanced techniques are only 70% right. HOWEVER saying the rooster was evil or mean and that's why they got rid of it is total bullshit. Roosters can be mean only if they have been mistreated, mostly they are just cocky little assholes lol. Don't lie and say you feared for your life or something, just say you didn't want to breed chickens and didn't want to have to weigh eggs everyday to see what's fertilized and what's not. No big deal. Just don't lie about it.

Even if they ignored all the basics of most animal behavior (the hierarchy system), everywhere I have ever seen has made it clear to quarantine your animals before introducing them to others. Especially in animals such as chickens which don't get heath checks by professionals as often as say, a puppy, even if the person your buying the animals from says they are healthy you would want to keep them separate so you can confirm you won't pass anything to your own flock. But as we all know, the Lumps seek to avoid work, and keeping the new chickens separate would involve them taking 20 minutes out of their HECTIC day -__-

Btw to RodgerDoger I realise the tone of this is sorta like "here let me inform you and educate you" but its not meant to be :O
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I agree with the above that it's bad they didn't quarantine any of the chickens. They are just asking for mites, lice, and spread of disease. Also didn't they put the new ones in a separate cage so they could see and interact with the others. That's the one somewhat correct thing they did. And yes the run is super tiny! It's not big enough for 6 chickens! The house though is big enough for like 2 dozen chickens. lol I wonder who they got to build that stupid crap.

tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
rodgerdodger wrote: Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol.
How dare you be so offensive to chickens!!! Image

It's entirely possible that these ladies have more intelligence and self-awareness than Bryan and Missy do! I'm hoping they are planning an escape like Chicken Run to free themselves and get the heck out of there! I'm not shocked at all to find hey they were introduced wrong. Looks like Missy, the chicken expert, is full of crap just like usual. I'm not sure how someone who loves to preach about shopping at Whole Foods, can in good conscience essentially keep caged hens.
Wait, they shop at Whole Foods? Every time they get back from a grocery run, all they show is, like, 20 bags from Target lol
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

And lmao about Whole Foods. She must have said that a long time ago when she claimed that baby rice cereal causes childhood obesity lol. Before the easy mac.
Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

Cgl33 wrote:Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

And lmao about Whole Foods. She must have said that a long time ago when she claimed that baby rice cereal causes childhood obesity lol. Before the easy mac.
Mama Natural is shaking her head at Missy nowadays I'm sure.

Remember like 4 years ago when they were talking to MN on video chat and after they went out and got Chinese food and were like "sorry Genevieve! Hahaha"
Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

Also I wonder how long until missy makes a "what's in my church bag" video because she's been going to church for a whole 3 weeks. But it will be the same thing with a Happy meal and some Benadryl.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

Cgl33 wrote:Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

HOW is Ollie that picky!? Any kid I know would love to eat Disney food! Hell, I would love to eat it! lol

His pickiness is ridiculous. I don't think it would be as bad if they were firm with him, but they gave in from the start. Now he is on a strict diet of mac and cheese, frozen pancakes, and chocolate milk...to the point where he won't even eat homemade pancakes! He probably doesn't eat homemade mac and cheese either! I know all kids go through a picky phase, but this kid is a wreck...

The only reason he's not overweight is because he runs around a lot. But the more they keep putting him in front of the TV, the more he will prefer that, the less he will move...and then...

I feel kind of bad for him. When you're raised with a bad diet, it's a bit hard to break out of...there are a lot of things I wish my parents hadn't let me constantly eat lol

Return to “Daily Bumps”