tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
ohmygoshyouguys wrote:Huh. Am I the only one who doesn't see THAT big of a change in Bonnie's vlogs? Obviously there are some, but she and Joel still seem basically the same to me.
I do think they are more boring with Joel at home. Plus they are hanging out with E&J more than I care to watch. Bonnie had more going on before so other than the occasional shopping trip or Bachelor viewing we really didn't see her getting together with Ellie as often. There are differences, but I don't see them to the extent that others do.

The last few vlogs I liked Joel the best with the huge snow storm. Those snow forts brings back memories. Leave out the naps, all is good ...oh and less Jared togetherness too;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Didn't want to make a big quote tree, but I didn't really think I was being called out in particular. I just know I have said things that others think are nitpicky. Just adding my two cents. Didn't intend to sound defensive, so sorry if it came off that way.
We all have different things that bug us. That's what makes this interesting to me, and why people sometimes preface posts with "Did anyone else find this weird/rude/ objectionable?"
I like seeing different opinions. I think we should just focus on disagreeing with the opinion if that's the case, and not shooting down the poster or name calling. But I am repeating myself.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Didn't want to make a big quote tree, but I didn't really think I was being called out in particular. I just know I have said things that others think are nitpicky. Just adding my two cents. Didn't intend to sound defensive, so sorry if it came off that way.
We all have different things that bug us. That's what makes this interesting to me, and why people sometimes preface posts with "Did anyone else find this weird/rude/ objectionable?"
I like seeing different opinions. I think we should just focus on disagreeing with the opinion if that's the case, and not shooting down the poster or name calling. But I am repeating myself.

I think it was all me, but I really don't care since I think they are hypocrites. But it isn't good to focus on the person posting vs. the debate so I said too much. I just don't want you to take the blame with the nitpicking dilemma.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Getting back on track...

Does everyone think Bonnie is going to do Vidcon or Playlist this year? I don't see how she can go all in on YT and still avoid it. As much as I'd like to see the kids on a real vacation, I am not looking forward to them joining the DBEJCK group, though I'm sure it's inevitable.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

In reference to Joel's activities, I just want to post two comments from Bonnie. The one I referenced a few days ago but then I went back and got the screen shot:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... 748ae7.png[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... 2ffc39.jpg[/img]

I think he is a genuinely good person with goals but we aren't seeing it because he's in transition. It is odd that she'd say he's working on something after they've said "we're youtubers" but who knows. They seem to be in a period of change and if it works for them, great. I don't know why they film the naps when they seem to be doing enough other activities to create footage, but maybe with the criticism they will scale back.

I also think reading the comments will give her enough criticism to react than reading here. Since she deletes, she has to actually read every comment posted to find the ones to delete. Here she can skip over posts. I think if she does read here, it's not often because the comments section is enough and she has thin skin.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

chipmunks wrote:In reference to Joel's activities, I just want to post two comments from Bonnie. The one I referenced a few days ago but then I went back and got the screen shot:

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... 748ae7.png[/img]

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... 2ffc39.jpg[/img]

I think he is a genuinely good person with goals but we aren't seeing it because he's in transition. It is odd that she'd say he's working on something after they've said "we're youtubers" but who knows. They seem to be in a period of change and if it works for them, great. I don't know why they film the naps when they seem to be doing enough other activities to create footage, but maybe with the criticism they will scale back.

I also think reading the comments will give her enough criticism to react than reading here. Since she deletes, she has to actually read every comment posted to find the ones to delete. Here she can skip over posts. I think if she does read here, it's not often because the comments section is enough and she has thin skin.
Katie's sister just actually started a vlogging channel and her husband is a lawyer with a good income. I do think they are referring to it as THEIR channel. I think it's possible to identify as a YTer, but also have a side job. I actually think that might be preferable for added content if they were to ever reach the point where they were showing the business. That might actually give their channel a longer shelf life depending on what the business is. There are reality shows around plenty of businesses, so including it in their vlogs might be nice.

Jenna Marbles makes a ton of money off of her vids, but she didn't just quit working to stay at home. She always has projects on the go. Same with Phil Defranco and until very recently, Shay Carl. Making money at family vlogging and quitting to devote your day to absolute laziness is a relatively new concept and I think came about from the type of person being drawn to the YT because of the income. There are probably exceptions, but most of the Daily vloggers I can think of seemed to have moved from job to job a lot more often, with a poorer work ethic.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Curious, because I know this isn't his thread, but what side projects did Shay have? Except for vlogging every day, (until recently)he has exhibited a terrible work ethic. They were broke when he started vlogging, and he lucked into Maker Studios. He wasn't one of the real driving forces behind it, and for a while, by his own admission, was partying most of his days away in Southern California. His classic move is starting something then getting bored with it and dropping it. I just had to ask.
I understand that there are things you can't necessarily share when negotiating purchasing a business. But I think it would be interesting to see what they _can_ show. Joel said in one vlog that he would love to own a car wash. That would be more interesting to me than a laundromat. But I still think the best business for him would be as a handyman. He's good at it and seems to enjoy it. And it would get him out of the house. Who was that vlogging couple that split up recently? I doubt that Bonnie and Joel would fall prey to quite the same issues, but hasn't she said that she didn't like having him around all day-- before he quit?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote:Curious, because I know this isn't his thread, but what side projects did Shay have? Except for vlogging every day, (until recently)he has exhibited a terrible work ethic. They were broke when he started vlogging, and he lucked into Maker Studios. He wasn't one of the real driving forces behind it, and for a while, by his own admission, was partying most of his days away in Southern California. His classic move is starting something then getting bored with it and dropping it. I just had to ask.
I understand that there are things you can't necessarily share when negotiating purchasing a business. But I think it would be interesting to see what they _can_ show. Joel said in one vlog that he would love to own a car wash. That would be more interesting to me than a laundromat. But I still think the best business for him would be as a handyman. He's good at it and seems to enjoy it. And it would get him out of the house. Who was that vlogging couple that split up recently? I doubt that Bonnie and Joel would fall prey to quite the same issues, but hasn't she said that she didn't like having him around all day-- before he quit?

Whether you like him or not, Shay was a part of creating Maker Studios which he was at least enough a part of that he lasted until they sold to Disney for $500M. That is not just family vlogging. He has written a book with his son, and made a documentary, as well as started a clothing line. Have all of his projects been successful? No, but he also didn't NEED to do any of them. He at least was doing something else with his time, even though he didn't need the extra money. That's all I was saying.

I disagree about Joel being a handyman. Unless he is actually certified in multiple trades, he isn't going to be able to book himself out at a good rate. If vlogging is a priority he probably wouldn't be able to vlog on the job, and really shouldn't, and he wouldn't be investing in a business that could last them into retirement. Being a handyman would have a shelf life given Joel's back issues. If he were to get sick or hurt, his business would have to be put on hold. Owing a business would be a more stable venture as he gets older. A car wash would definitely be an interesting idea, and something he could probably roll into a detailing/maintenance shop if it does well.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
S_tine05 wrote:Everyone is going on about Bonnie kissing the kids when she is prone to cold sores and has herpes simplex, my mom has it and never stopped showing affection for us as kids, I have it as does my hubby and no one else in his family has it, no one else in my family has it we both have siblings I was just told by our doctor that if you feel a break out so to speak coming on then you refrain from contact with your partner or kids as the open sore or break in the skin is when it spreads, was I mis informed? None of my kiddos have shown any signs of an issue yet and my eldest is 9, I started with it from much younger already and generally it is when my immune system takes a knock, I have never seen her kiss them etc when she is experiencing and actual outbreak did I miss it?
She has a cold sore right now. In the last vlog, the pic I posted she still has an unhealed cold sore and was slobbering all over her kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, it's all about boundaries with the Griffith girls. They don't seem to know any when it comes to their children. I suppose they have their mother to thank for that. I've seen Ma Griff kiss/suck Lincoln's face while looking directly in the camera as she did it. It does not surprise me in the least that I've never seen anyone do that to a little one irl. How can anyone who does that put a feather in their cap for being so "clean"? When I had 3 small kids at home, much of the time we didn't exactly have a tidy home. But it was clean. You'd never pull out the bread board and see crumbs, for example. We were big on washing hands though. I'm rather compulsive about it myself. At three years old my daughter gave a "tutorial" about washing her hands front and back, as well as around the wrists. I don't believe I've ever seen the Griffith girls wash their hands just for the sake of it, same with the kids. Rant complete!
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
S_tine05 wrote:Everyone is going on about Bonnie kissing the kids when she is prone to cold sores and has herpes simplex, my mom has it and never stopped showing affection for us as kids, I have it as does my hubby and no one else in his family has it, no one else in my family has it we both have siblings I was just told by our doctor that if you feel a break out so to speak coming on then you refrain from contact with your partner or kids as the open sore or break in the skin is when it spreads, was I mis informed? None of my kiddos have shown any signs of an issue yet and my eldest is 9, I started with it from much younger already and generally it is when my immune system takes a knock, I have never seen her kiss them etc when she is experiencing and actual outbreak did I miss it?
She has a cold sore right now. In the last vlog, the pic I posted she still has an unhealed cold sore and was slobbering all over her kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Again, it's all about boundaries with the Griffith girls. They don't seem to know any when it comes to their children. I suppose they have their mother to thank for that. I've seen Ma Griff kiss/suck Lincoln's face while looking directly in the camera as she did it. It does not surprise me in the least that I've never seen anyone do that to a little one irl. How can anyone who does that put a feather in their cap for being so "clean"? When I had 3 small kids at home, much of the time we didn't exactly have a tidy home. But it was clean. You'd never pull out the bread board and see crumbs, for example. We were big on washing hands though. I'm rather compulsive about it myself. At three years old my daughter gave a "tutorial" about washing her hands front and back, as well as around the wrists. I don't believe I've ever seen the Griffith girls wash their hands just for the sake of it, same with the kids. Rant complete!
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:I have to say that Joel is above nice to go and help Jared clear his driveway. Jared left his four wheeler empty...geez. He looked cold at the gas station.
I was totally confused by this. Where was Jared and what's stopping him from clearing his own driveway?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:Does everyone think Bonnie is going to do Vidcon or Playlist this year? I don't see how she can go all in on YT and still avoid it.
100%.
She's been practicing her public_YouTube_persona to increase her (by her own admission) confidence in this area, with such thing's as attending the large YouTube party at Ellie's house a couple of months back. Also, the fire station food drive where they encouraged their 'fans' to come. Bonnie was nervous about meeting them and said it actually turned out much better than she expected, which showed her apprehension at being so newly initiated into the next level of the vlogging world. Then there was also the CVX Star Wars movie that she attended, including the dinner beforehand with, again, a large group of YouTubers.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Curious, because I know this isn't his thread, but what side projects did Shay have? Except for vlogging every day, (until recently)he has exhibited a terrible work ethic. They were broke when he started vlogging, and he lucked into Maker Studios. He wasn't one of the real driving forces behind it, and for a while, by his own admission, was partying most of his days away in Southern California. His classic move is starting something then getting bored with it and dropping it. I just had to ask.

Whether you like him or not, Shay was a part of creating Maker Studios which he was at least enough a part of that he lasted until they sold to Disney for $500M. That is not just family vlogging. He has written a book with his son, and made a documentary, as well as started a clothing line. Have all of his projects been successful? No, but he also didn't NEED to do any of them. He at least was doing something else with his time, even though he didn't need the extra money. That's all I was saying.

I disagree about Joel being a handyman. Unless he is actually l.p. p¶i certified in multiple trades, he isn't going to be able to book himself out at a good rate. If vlogging is a priority he probably wouldn't be able to vlog on the job, and really shouldn't, and he wouldn't be investing in a business that could last them into retirement. Being a handyman would have a shelf life given Joel's back issues. If he were to get sick or hurt, his business would have to be put on hold. Owing a business would be a more stable venture as he gets older. A car wash would definitely be an interesting idea, and something he could probably roll into a detailing/maintenance shop if it does well.
Interesting points about Joel being a handyman. I bow to your superior knowledge of the profession. Sent you a PM about Shay because I didn't want to clog up Bonnie's thread with posts about Shay.

Snootfullofhoneybees
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Snootfullofhoneybees »

Was Joel throwing shade at Jared for the gas thing? I hope so !! It seems like it because Joel stopped and took the time to mention it lol and emphasized that he was put out and cold
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
chipmunks wrote:Making money at family vlogging and quitting to devote your day to absolute laziness is a relatively new concept and I think came about from the type of person being drawn to the YT because of the income. There are probably exceptions, but most of the Daily vloggers I can think of seemed to have moved from job to job a lot more often, with a poorer work ethic.
There is one individual who has managed to combine the two, both their original career and their current vlogging channel. Jeremy from J House Vlogs is a lawyer and recently left his law firm to start out on his own, working from home as a lawyer to/for YouTubers. I found that a fascinating (and potentially prudent) move, especially if new legislation were to come in regarding children's rights to privacy and consent, with online footage etc.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
chipmunks wrote:Making money at family vlogging and quitting to devote your day to absolute laziness is a relatively new concept and I think came about from the type of person being drawn to the YT because of the income. There are probably exceptions, but most of the Daily vloggers I can think of seemed to have moved from job to job a lot more often, with a poorer work ethic.
There is one individual who has managed to combine the two, both their original career and their current vlogging channel. Jeremy from J House Vlogs is a lawyer and recently left his law firm to start out on his own, working from home as a lawyer to/for YouTubers. I found that a fascinating (and potentially prudent) move, especially if new legislation were to come in regarding children's rights to privacy and consent, with online footage etc.
J House vlogs are a big success and a very fast growing channel. Jeremy vlogged about his interest in the legal aspects with YouTube and how his practice had move this direction in regards to why he left his position. YouTube afforded him this opportunity to be self-employed and I image this a new type of lawyering.

Their channel is consistently no drama, no controversial filming of children, no risky thumbnails and it has grown to well over six hundred thousand subscribers...on pace to being doing better than the Griffith or Mecham channels. They are not from Utah. :D They also seem like intelligent parents which is more than I've seen in others...which is a subjective opinion. I am sure they are not perfect, but they must edit to the point they present the best of them which is not a negative.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
chipmunks wrote:In reference to Joel's activities, I just want to post two comments from Bonnie. The one I referenced a few days ago but then I went back and got the screen shot:

Katie's sister just actually started a vlogging channel and her husband is a lawyer with a good income. I do think they are referring to it as THEIR channel. I think it's possible to identify as a YTer, but also have a side job. I actually think that might be preferable for added content if they were to ever reach the point where they were showing the business. That might actually give their channel a longer shelf life depending on what the business is. There are reality shows around plenty of businesses, so including it in their vlogs might be nice.

Jenna Marbles makes a ton of money off of her vids, but she didn't just quit working to stay at home. She always has projects on the go. Same with Phil Defranco and until very recently, Shay Carl. Making money at family vlogging and quitting to devote your day to absolute laziness is a relatively new concept and I think came about from the type of person being drawn to the YT because of the income. There are probably exceptions, but most of the Daily vloggers I can think of seemed to have moved from job to job a lot more often, with a poorer work ethic.
I don't follow a large group of vloggers so I have limited ideas of why this happens. Shaycarl was smart and has diversified in other business and frankly they've made so much money if he never worked again, they be fine....the American Dream. *I am not a fan of his channel and he does not look well lately.

My thought is they leave their job has more to do with what the job was. My limited examples include Joel who said working off shifts were hard and he is right. Jared's job at Verizon is there if he wants to return. Cullen was laid off and I kinda question Katie who has an advance degree and is not using it (personal opinion). The Griffith sisters I don't think ever planned to work outside the home with the exception of Julie.

Two parents at home has good and bad and finding content for their vlogs could be a challenge. Perhaps you take more risk because you have the time and this is the only source of income so you want your channel to maintain and grow?
But most of us would assume they have a good deal of day that is not scheduled, so it best to not show it for goodness sakes. It leaves a terrible perception. I would add I think the house should look decent or picked up since most believe you have time to do this also. I believe Joel will add to his original hard working image when he finds a business he wishes to own.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:There is one individual who has managed to combine the two, both their original career and their current vlogging channel. Jeremy from J House Vlogs is a lawyer and recently left his law firm to start out on his own, working from home as a lawyer to/for YouTubers. I found that a fascinating (and potentially prudent) move, especially if new legislation were to come in regarding children's rights to privacy and consent, with online footage etc.
J House vlogs are a big success and a very fast growing channel. Jeremy vlogged about his interest in the legal aspects with YouTube and how his practice had move this direction in regards to why he left his position. YouTube afforded him this opportunity to be self-employed and I image this a new type of lawyering.

Their channel is consistently no drama, no controversial filming of children, no risky thumbnails and it has grown to well over six hundred thousand subscribers...on pace to being doing better than the Griffith or Mecham channels. They are not from Utah. :D They also seem like intelligent parents which is more than I've seen in others...which is a subjective opinion. I am sure they are not perfect, but they must edit to the point they present the best of them which is not a negative.
No, they are not from Utah, but they are Mormon's. And that, in and of itself, makes an interesting comparison to the Griffiths and their Utah State dynamic, imo. Personally, I find it fascinating.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:There is one individual who has managed to combine the two, both their original career and their current vlogging channel. Jeremy from J House Vlogs is a lawyer and recently left his law firm to start out on his own, working from home as a lawyer to/for YouTubers. I found that a fascinating (and potentially prudent) move, especially if new legislation were to come in regarding children's rights to privacy and consent, with online footage etc.

No, they are not from Utah, but they are Mormon's. And that, in and of itself, makes an interesting comparison to the Griffiths and their Utah State dynamic, imo. Personally, I find it fascinating.
I did not know that they were Mormons...I think it is fascinating too. Utah is an unique state from what is shown on YouTube with the family vloggers that reside there. Thanks for this information.

chipmunks
Informer
Informer

Unread post by chipmunks »

tratra58 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote: J House vlogs are a big success and a very fast growing channel. Jeremy vlogged about his interest in the legal aspects with YouTube and how his practice had move this direction in regards to why he left his position. YouTube afforded him this opportunity to be self-employed and I image this a new type of lawyering.

I did not know that they were Mormons...I think it is fascinating too. Utah is an unique state from what is shown on YouTube with the family vloggers that reside there. Thanks for this information.

the forgotten sister Julie (seems a common theme in this family) has done a few videos with them too. or at least hung out with them a few times.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”