• Advertisement

DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Re: DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Postby rodgerdodger » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:21 am

As someone who not only has chickens but has a third generation family grain store that sells baby chickens in the spring AND knows more about chickens than any sane person on the planet...the way they introduced those chickens was not good.

There is a thing called a pecking order, and Bryan essentially let those chickens in to be pecked to death. You are supposed to introduce them slowly, and not just shove them together.

Also, the way they keep their chickens disturbs me...they don't have a run, and are essentially caged 90% of the time. The only time they are let out on the run is for Ollie to "play" with them. First off, NONE of the chickens they have are social breeds. So you won't get them to warm up to you like Araucana's do (those chickens that lay green eggs). Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol. The breeds they have (like Rhode Island's) are very skittish and do not warm up to owners very well (not saying it's not possible, plenty of customers come in and have chickens that follow them around and live inside wearing chicken diapers lol) and especially not kids like Ollie who is the embodiment of Darla from Finding Nemo.

Another thing about the chickens. I 10000% do not fault them for giving up the rooster. Unless you are running an actual farm you should not have a rooster, and sexing baby chicks is awful and even the most advanced techniques are only 70% right. HOWEVER saying the rooster was evil or mean and that's why they got rid of it is total bullshit. Roosters can be mean only if they have been mistreated, mostly they are just cocky little assholes lol. Don't lie and say you feared for your life or something, just say you didn't want to breed chickens and didn't want to have to weigh eggs everyday to see what's fertilized and what's not. No big deal. Just don't lie about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rodgerdodger
Super Moddie

Advertisement

Postby HelloSweetie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:38 am

rodgerdodger wrote: Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol.

How dare you be so offensive to chickens!!!

It's entirely possible that these ladies have more intelligence and self-awareness than Bryan and Missy do! I'm hoping they are planning an escape like Chicken Run to free themselves and get the heck out of there! I'm not shocked at all to find hey they were introduced wrong. Looks like Missy, the chicken expert, is full of crap just like usual. I'm not sure how someone who loves to preach about shopping at Whole Foods, can in good conscience essentially keep caged hens.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby rodgerdodger » Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:48 am

Also, those idiots probably didn't start out those chickens on medicated mash like you should. Because they wanted their chickens to be raised ~without antibiotics~

In six months you'll see one chicken with maggots hanging out of its butt due to croup.

rodgerdodger
Super Moddie

Postby Lurker4Life » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:55 am

rodgerdodger wrote:As someone who not only has chickens but has a third generation family grain store that sells baby chickens in the spring AND knows more about chickens than any sane person on the planet...the way they introduced those chickens was not good.

There is a thing called a pecking order, and Bryan essentially let those chickens in to be pecked to death. You are supposed to introduce them slowly, and not just shove them together.

Also, the way they keep their chickens disturbs me...they don't have a run, and are essentially caged 90% of the time. The only time they are let out on the run is for Ollie to "play" with them. First off, NONE of the chickens they have are social breeds. So you won't get them to warm up to you like Araucana's do (those chickens that lay green eggs). Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol. The breeds they have (like Rhode Island's) are very skittish and do not warm up to owners very well (not saying it's not possible, plenty of customers come in and have chickens that follow them around and live inside wearing chicken diapers lol) and especially not kids like Ollie who is the embodiment of Darla from Finding Nemo.

Another thing about the chickens. I 10000% do not fault them for giving up the rooster. Unless you are running an actual farm you should not have a rooster, and sexing baby chicks is awful and even the most advanced techniques are only 70% right. HOWEVER saying the rooster was evil or mean and that's why they got rid of it is total bullshit. Roosters can be mean only if they have been mistreated, mostly they are just cocky little assholes lol. Don't lie and say you feared for your life or something, just say you didn't want to breed chickens and didn't want to have to weigh eggs everyday to see what's fertilized and what's not. No big deal. Just don't lie about it.

Even if they ignored all the basics of most animal behavior (the hierarchy system), everywhere I have ever seen has made it clear to quarantine your animals before introducing them to others. Especially in animals such as chickens which don't get heath checks by professionals as often as say, a puppy, even if the person your buying the animals from says they are healthy you would want to keep them separate so you can confirm you won't pass anything to your own flock. But as we all know, the Lumps seek to avoid work, and keeping the new chickens separate would involve them taking 20 minutes out of their HECTIC day -__-

Btw to RodgerDoger I realise the tone of this is sorta like "here let me inform you and educate you" but its not meant to be :O
Lurker4Life
Informer

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 am

I agree with the above that it's bad they didn't quarantine any of the chickens. They are just asking for mites, lice, and spread of disease. Also didn't they put the new ones in a separate cage so they could see and interact with the others. That's the one somewhat correct thing they did. And yes the run is super tiny! It's not big enough for 6 chickens! The house though is big enough for like 2 dozen chickens. lol I wonder who they got to build that stupid crap.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper

Postby tintin15 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:50 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
rodgerdodger wrote: Chickens are prey animals, and also are kind of stupid lol.

How dare you be so offensive to chickens!!!

It's entirely possible that these ladies have more intelligence and self-awareness than Bryan and Missy do! I'm hoping they are planning an escape like Chicken Run to free themselves and get the heck out of there! I'm not shocked at all to find hey they were introduced wrong. Looks like Missy, the chicken expert, is full of crap just like usual. I'm not sure how someone who loves to preach about shopping at Whole Foods, can in good conscience essentially keep caged hens.

Wait, they shop at Whole Foods? Every time they get back from a grocery run, all they show is, like, 20 bags from Target lol
tintin15
True Gossiper

Postby Cgl33 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:03 am

Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

And lmao about Whole Foods. She must have said that a long time ago when she claimed that baby rice cereal causes childhood obesity lol. Before the easy mac.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper

Postby Sevan116 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:10 am

Cgl33 wrote:Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

And lmao about Whole Foods. She must have said that a long time ago when she claimed that baby rice cereal causes childhood obesity lol. Before the easy mac.

Mama Natural is shaking her head at Missy nowadays I'm sure.

Remember like 4 years ago when they were talking to MN on video chat and after they went out and got Chinese food and were like "sorry Genevieve! Hahaha"
Sevan116
Talker

Postby Sevan116 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:13 am

Also I wonder how long until missy makes a "what's in my church bag" video because she's been going to church for a whole 3 weeks. But it will be the same thing with a Happy meal and some Benadryl.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Sevan116
Talker

Postby tintin15 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 am

Cgl33 wrote:Did anyone see Missy's Disneyland bag video? I can't believe she takes easy Mac to Disneyland so that Ollie will eat. Do they not have the right types of fried foods for him? I can see parents taking a healthy alternative or something cheap to avoid the high food costs, but that's not what they are doing.

HOW is Ollie that picky!? Any kid I know would love to eat Disney food! Hell, I would love to eat it! lol

His pickiness is ridiculous. I don't think it would be as bad if they were firm with him, but they gave in from the start. Now he is on a strict diet of mac and cheese, frozen pancakes, and chocolate milk...to the point where he won't even eat homemade pancakes! He probably doesn't eat homemade mac and cheese either! I know all kids go through a picky phase, but this kid is a wreck...

The only reason he's not overweight is because he runs around a lot. But the more they keep putting him in front of the TV, the more he will prefer that, the less he will move...and then...

I feel kind of bad for him. When you're raised with a bad diet, it's a bit hard to break out of...there are a lot of things I wish my parents hadn't let me constantly eat lol
tintin15
True Gossiper

Postby Lurker4Life » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:52 am

I feel so bad for Ollie. Yes he gets spoilt with essentially all he wants, but his diet is crap, his sleep was crap and his parents are pretty crap at their job too. I feel like he has the potential to be such a sweet kid (from videos where he isn't with Bryan/Missy) and I feel like he would be a quick and enthusiastic learner, judging by the way he picked up the dino names after he go into them.
Lurker4Life
Informer

Postby kittypurry » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:00 am

There's mac n cheese all over the park, it's one of the toddler meals sold at almost every restaurant...unless he's soooo picky he only eats Easy Mac type. But they eat out so much and don't have to bring easy mac every time, so I doubt it. Disney food is actually pretty good too, and of course they have plenty of other junk/fast food I'm sure Ollie will eat (chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, etc). Granted, it might be quicker than waiting in line at a restaurant if he's really hungry, but it's not like there's microwaves all over the park, she'd have to be near the nursery area she described.

Honestly I think Missy just likes thinking her kid is as picky as she is, even though we've seen no evidence he's that level of picky.

kittypurry
Extreme Gossiper

Postby chipmunks » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:41 am

i think it's funny when you search #us on twitter or anywhere you will never get the album as a result. not a smart move to name your album US because it's just buried.

i also can't believe his tweet about ft lauderdale. couldn't just give sympathy, had to drop that he heard the news heading into rehearsal. this guy.

and finally, Disney has seriously some of the best Mac n cheese. there's a video out there somewhere from disneyparks where they take a few different varieties from the resorts and parks and have kids taste test which is the best. no reason to bring in easymac unless you're looking to save money, which they aren't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
chipmunks
Informer

Postby sammibro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:48 am

I had to laugh at that Missy's Disneyland bag video!

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/f8bd0950f25cc2c129b2621e12745192.jpg[/img]

Trying to convince us that she keeps her phone in her bag?! Missy's phone is _always_ at her fingertips! Even on that "scary" ride! The only reason the phone wasn't in her hand was probably because she was holding hands with Ollie!

[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/acd87bb01f9efe462698408b0ae43800.jpg[/img]

sammibro
Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:10 am

Found this at my neighborhood Walmart. Gee, Bryan. You can get it in the USA (although I know it's not the same)! Wonder if he knows it's made of dates.[img]http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170107/1ca55604336133dd3845ec634a675733.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby crowmtmom78 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:11 am

chipmunks wrote:i think it's funny when you search #us on twitter or anywhere you will never get the album as a result. not a smart move to name your album US because it's just buried.

i also can't believe his tweet about ft lauderdale. couldn't just give sympathy, had to drop that he heard the news heading into rehearsal. this guy.

and finally, Disney has seriously some of the best Mac n cheese. there's a video out there somewhere from disneyparks where they take a few different varieties from the resorts and parks and have kids taste test which is the best. no reason to bring in easymac unless you're looking to save money, which they aren't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But of they got Mac and cheese from Disneyland, they might have to wait in line!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
crowmtmom78
Informer

Postby Amelia322 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:29 am

Wow Ollie can't eve repeat what Bryan told him to say at the end!!?!

"Goden preoden daden Alden "

"Giden doggen thudden up"

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper

Postby jaynshann » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:36 am

mommaof2cuties wrote:So i saw a family mentioned on this thread before and started watching them. They are the waterswifevlogs. Cant figure out how make a seperate thread so wanted to share my excitement here lol they just announced they are expecting again. Im so glad they get to make the son they lost a big brother

That's awesome to hear! I followed her on Twitter and Instagram (but haven't looked either in a while) and l remember she people would say things eluding to "maybe next time things will end better" and she said she would never try again. I am glad to see she did.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Talker

Postby lilirishsprite » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:49 am

Yeah my baby is getting choked by the cart strap but, he's staying in, so who cares. Who the eff forgets diapers and wipes? I mean honestly! I just can't with them today. And "I see yew modden" Bless his heart he needs speech help!

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
lilirishsprite
Amateur

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:09 am

What the hell! They got two hatchimals for pay and liv but Ollie hogged if most of the time and they called it "ollies hatchimal" why does everything have to belong to Ollie then in the end liv wanted to hold it but Bryan had to hog it and show it to the camera.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper

Postby shortstop » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:11 am

Bryan it was only a hatchimal disaster because of you. Kind of felt sorry for Liv.

So Ollie your hatchmil hatched. I thought it was Pey and Livs??
shortstop
Gossiper

Postby whys0seri0us » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 am

lilirishsprite wrote:Yeah my baby is getting choked by the cart strap but, he's staying in, so who cares. Who the eff forgets diapers and wipes? I mean honestly! I just can't with them today. And "I see yew modden" Bless his heart he needs speech help!

Every mom ever has at some point forgot diapers and wipes. Especially if you no longer have a baby baby. I get that everyone hate DB bull y'all can be too much sometimes.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper

Postby whys0seri0us » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:22 am

I dont' absolutely hate DB like most of you, I feel that way bout Ellie and Jared mostly, but oh my god if they don't address Ollie's speech soon. That kid is gonna be 4 in July and you still can't understand 90% of what he says. How can they think that is okay? Especially being around Pey and Liv who speak fine. I bet that if Ollie does throw lots of tantrums, which is mostly normal for that age, a lot of it is because he can't communicate properly.

As far as his pickiness, I can't really comment because I was way worse as a child and my own kid sometimes lives off of nuggets and french toast for months at a time. He's a few months younger then Ollie. You really can't force food on a kid. If they refused to make anything else for Ollie and he just didn't eat y'all would say they are abusing him, and let me tell you, kids will def hold out. They need to cut the chocolate milk though. Way to much sugar so early in the morning. I'm happy that Finn seems to love all food though. I hope Missy takes the BLW route will her next. They did lots of baby food with Ollie from what I remember.
whys0seri0us
Gossiper

Postby sammibro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:27 am

whys0seri0us wrote:
lilirishsprite wrote:Yeah my baby is getting choked by the cart strap but, he's staying in, so who cares. Who the eff forgets diapers and wipes? I mean honestly! I just can't with them today. And "I see yew modden" Bless his heart he needs speech help!

Every mom ever has at some point forgot diapers and wipes. Especially if you no longer have a baby baby. I get that everyone hate DB bull y'all can be too much sometimes.

Yeah, but it's pretty ironic she forgot her bag on the same day she put up a video about what's in her bag, isn't it? She rattled off all of this stuff she keeps in her bag that she takes with her everywhere (then added the bits about what she takes to Disneyland), yet she didn't have it with her when she was out with Tal and the kids shopping all day? That's probably really Mimi's bag, and it was left behind because Mimi wasn't there at Target since she had Tal to help her! LOL

sammibro
Gossiper

Postby janem » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:29 am

I was disgusted by Bryan and that toy. First off why did he only get two when there are three kids. He tells the girls he got it for them but Ollie took it over. I felt sorry for Liv at the end too. Bryan yanked it from her. The look on her face... yes Jeff and tal these are the people that you've sold your soul to.
I still have a feeling that they leave Finn in his bed after he wakes up. That's why he always looks so upset.
What mother forgets wipes and diapers??? Weren't they just at target? Doesn't make any sense.
How many car seats is that now???

Ollies bare feet that he walked around in the coop and then sitting on the kitchen counter? Really?

janem
Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to DailyBumps/BumpsAlongTheWay