navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Proof They Read Here

Unread post by navarjul000 »

rdt1004 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Can you upload the video to Dropbox or another cloud-type website so we can view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just about to ask this. I still havent gotten a chance to watch it.
I second this notion!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

navarjul000 wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:
crew96 wrote:Can you upload the video to Dropbox or another cloud-type website so we can view?

I was just about to ask this. I still havent gotten a chance to watch it.
I second this notion!
Somebody posted it to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccXG4cGfLY
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

skyblueandblack wrote:I think a poster here reposted it here:

Ignore the post j just made about someone posting the video. I read further into the thread and found this!
But OMG, that is the mall in my hometown. I have gone shopping there COUNTLESS times, in fact, I got my cartilage pierced at that very mall 10 days ago when I was visiting my parents for the break. I'm not surprised, I mean half of the families in my very neighborhood participated in something like that a while back, but my goodness how little respect I have left for that family. Good lord.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

I second this notion![/quote]

Somebody posted it to YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JccXG4cGfLY[/quote]

I noticed shorty after posting that haha! My bad!
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by just_me »

I'm a supporter of the LGBTQ community and Chick-FIl-A disgusts me. Why someone cares who someone else marries or loves is beyond me. They built one in my town a while ago and I get overly nauseous every time I pass by it. And it's not just the CEO that supports anti-gay organizations, it's EVERYONE who eats there. The company spends part of their profits (aka the money customers paid for their food) and donate to anti-gay organizations. When someone eats there, there are indirectly donating to anti-gay organizations.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

i had a look at the comments on that vid and wow. i've never been to america so never eaten at chick-fil-a... but let's just say the fact that they are anti-gay reached the headlines here in australia, so there's no way to spin that video as not knowing what they were doing. you hear ruby at the beginning state "we're here to support marriage between man and woman" which cannot mean they were there to support gay marriage IN ANY WAY. lolz @ people thinking it's fake. yep, because that's not ruby's voice, or kevin and the kids in the video. so dumb.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
A lot of the kids say that they just went to eat their not support their campaign... Yea right.
annamason02
Hello, 8Passengers, I have just seen a video you have made years passed, you probably don't even remember it. You and you're family were standing in a line in support of chick fil a contributing to an anti gay company. Coming from a long time fan of not only you but your siblings channels, I am shocked. I am shocked by your complete ignorance to have hate towards love, the one thing in this world that can possibly heal the world. I am completely aware that you are Mormon, and that is completely fine(even though most people from where I live see it as a cult). But contributing to publicly be in support of homophobia is discouraging and disgusting. As from now, I am unsubscribing from your channel, but who cares I'm only one person, but hopefully more of your followers will become aware of your homophobia and ignorance..
Last edited by Vincere on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Vincere wrote:On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
A lot of the kids say that they just went to eat their not support their campaign... Yea right.
So not true. If they just went there to eat, why would she have been filming the line, and talking giddily about how happy everyone was, and that people were donating money and saying "we support you"?
Completely oblivious and brainwashed.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

lmmomSD wrote:
Vincere wrote:On their Instagram https://www.instagram.com/8passengers/ in the last 2 pictures there are people discussing the video.
So not true. If they just went there to eat, why would she have been filming the line, and talking giddily about how happy everyone was, and that people were donating money and saying "we support you"?
Completely oblivious and brainwashed.

I know. She specifically said why they are there in the first 10 seconds, but they are kids.
Some comment on the YT that the video is fake.

The funniest was someone was saying "respect their opinions" but Ruby and Kevin don't know how to respect others.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, I would respect their opinions more (even if it's a disgusting opinion) if they had the courage of their convictions. But no, they took the video down as soon as it became obvious that it was being discussed. Chicken.

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

The whole freedom of religion debate irks me to no end. I am a Christian (also a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights) but I live in America where there is freedom of religion. This means that I can't impose my beliefs on others. There is supposed to be a distinct separation between the church and the state. People who say they don't want same sex marriage to be legal because of freedom of religion don't understand what freedom of religion actually means. They are pushing their religious beliefs on same sex couples trying to get married (not allowing these couples their own choice of religion).

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, I would respect their opinions more (even if it's a disgusting opinion) if they had the courage of their convictions. But no, they took the video down as soon as it became obvious that it was being discussed. Chicken.

They don't want to jeopardize their YouTube income. It is sad to see this prejudice. Thankfully, we now have laws to protect same sex couples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

madi_b_123 wrote:The whole freedom of religion debate irks me to no end. I am a Christian (also a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights) but I live in America where there is freedom of religion. This means that I can't impose my beliefs on others. There is supposed to be a distinct separation between the church and the state. People who say they don't want same sex marriage to be legal because of freedom of religion don't understand what freedom of religion actually means. They are pushing their religious beliefs on same sex couples trying to get married (not allowing these couples their own choice of religion).

But yet they will be the first people to stand up and say their rights have been encroached upon and call fowl. I have separated from churches because of the narrow mindedness of this fact and now don't call myself Christian because I think a lot of churches and Christians have completely lost touch with reality in a sense. The Holy Book says to treat others with love and kindness and to do unto others as you would want them to do unto you. I worked at McDonald's and had a ton of people come through the drive thru and completely treat me like I am lower than them and that I have personally wronged them for things as petty as an item going up in price or because I was working on a Sunday. A lot of Christians want to preach hate to other groups who don't believe the samr exact things they do. There were wars between other Christian churches in my hometown because they wanted to argue about things that shouldn't matter in the end. A lot of churches I went to didn't really participate in community events or have outreach programs either. Instead they focused on fund raising for their own benefits and needs rather than those of others. That video of Ruby and her family made me so mad for so many reasons, but the biggest of them all was because gay marriage and gay rights will not matter in the long run. It will not personally effect them one bit and it shouldn't be something fought over. The fighting over this is akin to being upset and angry that someone is putting tuna on their Subway sandwich because you don't like tuna. It's dumb and it just shows how unloving and uncaring their religion is.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

madi_b_123 wrote:The whole freedom of religion debate irks me to no end. I am a Christian (also a strong supporter of LGBTQ+ rights) but I live in America where there is freedom of religion. This means that I can't impose my beliefs on others. There is supposed to be a distinct separation between the church and the state. People who say they don't want same sex marriage to be legal because of freedom of religion don't understand what freedom of religion actually means. They are pushing their religious beliefs on same sex couples trying to get married (not allowing these couples their own choice of religion).

I had just this discussion with my daughter today! I had read an article in the Washington Post about the town that Mayberry RFD and the Andy Griffith show were based on. And people there were saying they wanted to go back to "old fashioned values". I was saying, how about _really_ old fashioned? Like the founding fathers? Separation of church and state? All are created equal, and freedom to practice whatever religion or none at all? You wanna be Christian? You go. Do you. But don't tell anyone else what they should be. And that whole "save marriage" thing irks me too. I got divorced because my husband was a jerk. Not because my gay nephew wants the right to be married. And what kind of Christian is so hateful anyway? Jesus hung out with the "sinners". He said we were supposed to love each other. And maybe the Old Testament says homosexuality is wrong, but it also says you can't eat shellfish, drive on the Sabbath, wear clothes woven from two kinds of cloth, or eat a cheeseburger (milk and meat together) The Old Testament is full of contradictions, and laws that nobody but the extremely Orthodox follow.
Sorry. I just get really worked up about this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

lmmomSD wrote:

I had just this discussion with my daughter today! I had read an article in the Washington Post about the town that Mayberry RFD and the Andy Griffith show were based on. And people there were saying they wanted to go back to "old fashioned values". I was saying, how about _really_ old fashioned? Like the founding fathers? Separation of church and state? All are created equal, and freedom to practice whatever religion or none at all? You wanna be Christian? You go. Do you. But don't tell anyone else what they should be. And that whole "save marriage" thing irks me too. I got divorced because my husband was a jerk. Not because my gay nephew wants the right to be married. And what kind of Christian is so hateful anyway? Jesus hung out with the "sinners". He said we were supposed to love each other. And maybe the Old Testament says homosexuality is wrong, but it also says you can't eat shellfish, drive on the Sabbath, wear clothes woven from two kinds of cloth, or eat a cheeseburger (milk and meat together) The Old Testament is full of contradictions, and laws that nobody but the extremely Orthodox follow.

The Bible says in the passage regarding Sodom and Gomorrah that people are prohibited from "lying with mankind as with womankind". Whether that means gay sex or means something different no one knows. Also, there are a ton of phrases in the Bible that people conveniently forget about like no violence even in the act of self defense, no public piety (bragging about how Christian you are and what Christian things you do for people), not becoming wealthy, being apolitical if you want to be Christ-like, being minimalistic, being humble, and lastly not being judgemental. I really get annoyed when people decide they want to be all Holier Than Thou towards me or my family and friends, but yet refuse to follow all the laws in the Bible. It's like they cherry pick which ones they want to adhere to and which ones they don't.

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

PopTheButterfly wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

The Bible says in the passage regarding Sodom and Gomorrah that people are prohibited from "lying with mankind as with womankind". Whether that means gay sex or means something different no one knows. Also, there are a ton of phrases in the Bible that people conveniently forget about like no violence even in the act of self defense, no public piety (bragging about how Christian you are and what Christian things you do for people), not becoming wealthy, being apolitical if you want to be Christ-like, being minimalistic, being humble, and lastly not being judgemental. I really get annoyed when people decide they want to be all Holier Than Thou towards me or my family and friends, but yet refuse to follow all the laws in the Bible. It's like they cherry pick which ones they want to adhere to and which ones they don't.

Exactly! Besides Christianity is based on the teachings of Jesus and he never once mentioned homosexuality and emphasized the importance of loving and not judging others. As a pretty progressive Christian myself, I am often disappointed when I see how many others (who claim to be Christian) react to certain situations

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I can't find all the comments about the video on her instagram anymore.
I think she deleted them but at least it means she read them.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

it has a few views, i wonder where they're all coming from. i would lol if it came up in sidebar suggestions for their videos on their channel.
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Cgl33 »

The video disgusts me. They are ignorant and homophobic. It's disgusting that they were celebrating hate. And they involve their children, which is so messed up. Yes kids, let's get a chicken sandwich and celebrate our belief that gay people deserve to be treated differently than straight people. Waffle fries and homophobia for everyone!

I guess they don't realize that they are not preventing people from being gay. They are only making it socially unacceptable. I can't imagine how many gay people live as straight in Mormon communities. It's so sad.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Cgl33 wrote:The video disgusts me. They are ignorant and homophobic. It's disgusting that they were celebrating hate. And they involve their children, which is so messed up. Yes kids, let's get a chicken sandwich and celebrate our belief that gay people deserve to be treated differently than straight people. Waffle fries and homophobia for everyone!

I guess they don't realize that they are not preventing people from being gay. They are only making it socially unacceptable. I can't imagine how many gay people live as straight in Mormon communities. It's so sad.
And with the size of their extended family, it's statistically probable that someone in their family is gay. How sad is that?

For irony, as I write this, my daughter is in the living room singing along with a Christian rock CD that her homophobic (BIG Prop 8 supporter) dad gave her. But she loves her gay cousins and gets really angry about homophobia. One of her big frustrations in life is that she can't make her "Christian" dad see the incongruous nature of his behavior.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”