E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

shortstop
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by shortstop »

What was Ellie's animal in the playroom??
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

shortstop wrote:What was Ellie's animal in the playroom??
Haven't seen the footage but nothing besides a snake would be accurate.
lilirishsprite
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by lilirishsprite »

crowmtmom78 wrote:So in today's vlog they say the girl painted something to represent all of them- Jared, Ellie, Penny, and Calvin. There was no mention of Jackson. The painting is adorable but to me, a painting for a 3 year old's gift is like giving him rock pillows.
Something else that caught my attention- she says Penny and Calvin were napping. You could hear Penny yelping and then you could here Calvin crying. Neither were napping.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Does it really surprise you she practices cry it out? It makes me sick. To think her kid needs her and she's just ignoring them.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

Vincere wrote:Image
Ellie chews like a cow!
It just annoys me when people chew with their mouth open or when they speak and have gum in their mouth and chew from time to time while speaking (Ruby).

The way Jared's voice changed when he said "Uncle Joel"!

Also, these tweets:
https://twitter.com/jaredmecham/status/ ... 7475539968
https://twitter.com/elliemecham/status/ ... 5819260929
Girl, get some books! They don't bite!
The correct way to say it would be: Our garage pipes are frozen. With an n. Idk as someone planning on going into the writing/journalism/editing industry after college this irks the crap out of.

Someone also mentioned the "cry it out" method. Honestly it's so sad. I knew from the get go that she would neglect the dog and it would be almost entirely Jared's responsibility, but to think she ignored Calvin, her precious golden child. She goes on and on about how much he needs her and how much she cares for him, but doesn't even appear to notice or at least doesn't attend to her crying child? Smh.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

navarjul000 wrote:
Ellie chews like a cow!
It just annoys me when people chew with their mouth open or when they speak and have gum in their mouth and chew from time to time while speaking (Ruby).

Also, these tweets:
The correct way to say it would be: Our garage pipes are frozen. With an n. Idk as someone planning on going into the writing/journalism/editing industry after college this irks the crap out of.

Someone also mentioned the "cry it out" method. Honestly it's so sad. I knew from the get go that she would neglect the dog and it would be almost entirely Jared's responsibility, but to think she ignored Calvin, her precious golden child. She goes on and on about how much he needs her and how much she cares for him, but doesn't even appear to notice or at least doesn't attend to her crying child? Smh.
There is nothing wrong with letting a 1.5 year old cry for a few minutes before their nap. If it's a bad thing then I'm a terrible mom because I practice cry it out after the age of 1 year. My kids are fine and fall asleep after a few minutes if they cry longer than 5-10 minutes I will see what's wrong and try again. It's better than the coddling and rocking him to sleep she was doing before!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

shortstop wrote:What was Ellie's animal in the playroom??
My bet is on the skunk.
navarjul000
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by navarjul000 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
navarjul000 wrote:
Ellie chews like a cow!

Also, these tweets:

There is nothing wrong with letting a 1.5 year old cry for a few minutes before their nap. If it's a bad thing then I'm a terrible mom because I practice cry it out after the age of 1 year. My kids are fine and fall asleep after a few minutes if they cry longer than 5-10 minutes I will see what's wrong and try again. It's better than the coddling and rocking him to sleep she was doing before!

Idk, i'm not a mother. I can see how it would be helpful, I just get scared he might actually need something and that need is being completely ignored. My mother never practiced cry it out, so maybe that is where my concern is coming from, or at least the reason why it seemed odd to me! (: thanks for your input though!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote: There is nothing wrong with letting a 1.5 year old cry for a few minutes before their nap. If it's a bad thing then I'm a terrible mom because I practice cry it out after the age of 1 year. My kids are fine and fall asleep after a few minutes if they cry longer than 5-10 minutes I will see what's wrong and try again. It's better than the coddling and rocking him to sleep she was doing before!

I agree that it's ok to let them cry a bit, but they send him mixed messages with the rocking. She mentions at least a few times a week on social media that she is rocking him to sleep. That could be confusing him and setting up fits where he just won't settle. He could be crying for much longer than a few minutes.

This was just yesterday...

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... c1d17f.png[/img]
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

This is not just an Ellie thing but I am not a fan of those suede hats on people.... Lol

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Someone asked why the link to the paint/artist wasn't in the description box below, because Ellie said ''I'll post a link below.'' Voila! The link has miraculously appeared, lol.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

Long time silent lurker here lol... Ellie said they all had something to represent them in the "play room" but she only pointed out things that were for her Jared & Calvin (unless I missed something)?! But it's for "Jacksons birthday" ok

lilirishsprite
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilirishsprite »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote: There is nothing wrong with letting a 1.5 year old cry for a few minutes before their nap. If it's a bad thing then I'm a terrible mom because I practice cry it out after the age of 1 year. My kids are fine and fall asleep after a few minutes if they cry longer than 5-10 minutes I will see what's wrong and try again. It's better than the coddling and rocking him to sleep she was doing before!

I agree that it's ok to let them cry a bit, but they send him mixed messages with the rocking. She mentions at least a few times a week on social media that she is rocking him to sleep. That could be confusing him and setting up fits where he just won't settle. He could be crying for much longer than a few minutes.

This was just yesterday...

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... c1d17f.png[/img]
I'm against cry it out completely, and I'm about 98% sure they let their kids cry longer than 5-10 minutes. Bonnie has said that she sleep trains from a fairly young age (the name of the book escapes me - "To train up a Child" or something similar?) and I'm sure that's a family thing that they all do. I just can't believe she has always just doted on Calvin but leaves him crying in his room all alone.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

Scar2016 wrote: I call the viewers of all vloggers their 'customers.' Essentially that's what they are, especially when there are sponsor ships, meet ups and merchandise.
Above all, E+J's viewers are customers because they are buying into a lie.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Ugh the artists website on the front says she has artwork featured in "YouTube superstars Ellie and Jared"

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

navarjul000 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:
navarjul000 wrote: The correct way to say it would be: Our garage pipes are frozen. With an n. Idk as someone planning on going into the writing/journalism/editing industry after college this irks the crap out of.

Idk, i'm not a mother. I can see how it would be helpful, I just get scared he might actually need something and that need is being completely ignored. My mother never practiced cry it out, so maybe that is where my concern is coming from, or at least the reason why it seemed odd to me! (: thanks for your input though!
You can tell by the cry if they need you for real or if they just don't want to nap alone.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ellie chews like a cow!

Also, these tweets:
That chewing makes me insane too. The Bratayley family is really bad that way. They chew gum like cows with cud, with the camera right in their faces. And chew food with their mouths open.

I did Ferber with my kids "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems" My daughter outlasted me. But that was because of her syndrome. Didn't know it at the time, but it totally messes with their sleep. But it worked great with my son. It's modified cry it out. You go in every few minutes while they're crying and comfort them, but don't pick them up. So they know you're there, but that you aren't going to pick them up and rock them to sleep. Took three nights with my son, and then he settled right down. Didn't feel as cruel as just sitting there while he cried.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Scar2016 wrote:
Vincere wrote:From Bonnie's vlog.
Ellie :|
I think she short circuit and can't even fake a smile.
Christ alive. Even the sick one in the hospital is able to crack a smile.
My first thought was she looks like one of those nasty old witches in kid's story books. The big chin, her no lips mealy mouthed grimace and her hunched over measly posture lol.
I 'liked' this message and rethought it and perhaps this type of messages is questionable with a sick aunt and Ellie's appearance while visiting. My opinion, which I feel sure not any will agree with...it is not easy seeing an aunt not well with cancer and her body language could show her discomfort just being in a hospital.

I just don't think she is that insensitive. I must be clearing my conscious.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:
Vincere wrote:From Bonnie's vlog.
Ellie :|
I think she short circuit and can't even fake a smile.
Christ alive. Even the sick one in the hospital is able to crack a smile.
My first thought was she looks like one of those nasty old witches in kid's story books. The big chin, her no lips mealy mouthed grimace and her hunched over measly posture lol.
I 'liked' this message and rethought it and perhaps this type of messages is questionable with a sick aunt and Ellie's appearance while visiting. My opinion, which I feel sure not any will agree with...it is not easy seeing an aunt not well with cancer and her body language could show her discomfort just being in a hospital.

I just don't think she is that insensitive. I must be clearing my conscious.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Her are Jared used Aunt Sonia's sickness to help sell their t-shirts promising to donate some of the money to her care. After the campaign was over, we never heard about the donation (or Aunt Sonia) again. I bought one of those t-shirts in part because of that. It was the beginning of my seeing E&J in a different light.

My point is that you need to be fairly insensitive to use a loved ones crisis to your own gain. They did this when Boston had his surgery as well.... and are doing it again with the IVF stories. They are borrowing others' pain to add entertainment to their vlogs. That's very insensitive IMO.

Plus if there was ever a moment we would see Ellie empathize, I would think it would have been when Jared was sad about Wrinkles. Or after watching Missy being sad during Finn's birth vlog. She called it hilarious. Even those of us "haters" from the DB board felt sorry for Missy that day. Funny it was not.
GetYouTubesTied
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by GetYouTubesTied »

When/where was Jellie seen laughing about Missy's labor?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

GetYouTubesTied wrote:When/where was Jellie seen laughing about Missy's labor?
https://youtu.be/3OCpNaq5caM

For those that don't know, it was a long, drawn out labour ending in a C-Section. Finn was so beat up from the labour that he looked swollen, bruised and just awful when born.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”