Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Someone mentioned the women starting these channels. Given that most of them needed to learn how to edit later, I think it's safe to say the men (Jared, Bryan, etc) were always behind it. I really do think they at least hoped to make it a successful venture given that they all seemed very aware of Shay at the time.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I just had to come here to prove my point, Bonnie can never do wrong in some people's eyes. In the daily bumps thread people have gone on and on for pages about Ollie climbing on Finns crib. There was hardly any outrage on this thread when Boston and Cody actually went off on their own and knocked Lincoln's crib over and climbed on it. Much more dangerous in my opinion than what Ollie did with missy right there! What if it had fallen on Lincoln or one of the other kids? At least missy told Ollie to get down and didn't continue letting him climb on it like Bonnie did as she wiped Boston's blood off the floor. I am in no way saying missy is a better parent...just a comparison between the two threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just had to come here to prove my point, Bonnie can never do wrong in some people's eyes. In the daily bumps thread people have gone on and on for pages about Ollie climbing on Finns crib. There was hardly any outrage on this thread when Boston and Cody actually went off on their own and knocked Lincoln's crib over and climbed on it. Much more dangerous in my opinion than what Ollie did with missy right there! What if it had fallen on Lincoln or one of the other kids? At least missy told Ollie to get down and didn't continue letting him climb on it like Bonnie did as she wiped Boston's blood off the floor. I am in no way saying missy is a better parent...just a comparison between the two threads.

I didn't see anyone outraged in the DB thread that defended Bonnie over the crib thing. There are only about 10 posters that crossover anyway, and way more DB posters. Not a fair comparison. I'm the one that initially said that was an accident waiting to happen, and I expressed concern about Oliver playing on the crib as well. Lmmom as well. Who are you specifically taking about?

If you're wondering about inconsistencies, where was the concern about Finn being in a diaper in the vlog? Bonnie's kids around the crib might be more dangerous that Oliver standing on it, but just because one is worse, doesn't somehow make the other safe. Curious you will defend one after being so harsh about the other...

I stand by both being unsafe and a reflection of careless/lazy parenting.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I just had to come here to prove my point, Bonnie can never do wrong in some people's eyes. In the daily bumps thread people have gone on and on for pages about Ollie climbing on Finns crib. There was hardly any outrage on this thread when Boston and Cody actually went off on their own and knocked Lincoln's crib over and climbed on it. Much more dangerous in my opinion than what Ollie did with missy right there! What if it had fallen on Lincoln or one of the other kids? At least missy told Ollie to get down and didn't continue letting him climb on it like Bonnie did as she wiped Boston's blood off the floor. I am in no way saying missy is a better parent...just a comparison between the two threads.

I didn't see anyone outraged in the DB thread that defended Bonnie over the crib thing. There are only about 10 posters that crossover anyway, and way more DB posters. Not a fair comparison. I'm the one that initially said that was an accident waiting to happen, and I expressed concern about Oliver playing on the crib as well. Lmmom as well. Who are you specifically taking about?

If you're wondering about inconsistencies, where was the concern about Finn being in a diaper in the vlog? Bonnie's kids around the crib might be more dangerous that Oliver standing on it, but just because one is worse, doesn't somehow make the other safe. Curious you will defend one after being so harsh about the other...

I stand by both being unsafe and a reflection of careless/lazy parenting.
Yep they are both careless and lazy. I don't like one more than the other at this point. The reason I defend db sometimes, is that they are attacked relentlessly for small insignificant things. Sometimes imo the things are normal stuff parents do, like forget diapers and a active boy climbing on something. What is she supposed to do punish him on camera? He jumped down instantly her walking all the way across the room to get him down would have given him more time to fall.

I don't compare names on both threads so I don't know about that part. All I know is one thread there is several pages going on and on about Ollie and the crib, Bonnie's thread only a couple mentions of it. Missy is also called a horrible mom and lazy because her child cannot say the alphabet, count, or know colors. Bonnie doesn't teach any of these things or even read books or teach abc's to her almost kindergartener and it's fine. The fact of the matter is, people love Bonnie and hate Missy. I'm sorry I said anything now. It was just interesting that similar things happened so close to each other.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Today's vlog Bonnie decides to go on a little rant about blanket training her kidses. She compared it to crate training a dog, and then tried to back track. Coincidence much?

And I'm sorry (not sorry) but as soon as Olivia hurt herself that camera should have been switched off. Olivia made it clear she was embarrassed about the whole thing. The clip at the end, of Bonnie and her on Bonnie's bed, should have been where the camera picked up again, imo.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Wow. Children can enjoy blankets without blanket training, and comparing your kids to dogs in a crate...well that speaks for itself.

I'm disgusted over the way she handled Olivia. Bringing the camera outside while her child was screaming, then propping it up on the counter and prompting Olivia to look into it with her mouth wide open. Then, even though Olivia is clearly embarrassed and doesn't want to even tell her dad what happened, she's telling the entire world for the vlog. Olivia kept saying that she didn't want to say it, and I bet she was embarrassed to say it in front of the camera. While they were still in the kitchen Bonnie addresses the camera and says something like "you guys she ripped the tip of her tongue off," and you can see the immediate panic in Olivia's eyes.

When your child is hurt and screaming, and your first reaction is to grab your camera, there's a problem. When you're encouraging her to look into it to show off her injury, giving an exaggerated narrative that's scaring the hell out of her, and telling the world something that she's obviously painfully embarrassed to admit... Bonnie needs to put down the camera and start living in the real world again or her children will suffer for it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I actually thought Bonnie was more engaged in the moment than I've seen from most vloggers lately. This could be a sad commentary on vlogging in general, more than a defence of Bonnie exactly. Although I expected far worse after reading here.

About blanket time. What is everyone's thought about quiet time then? Many parents will have their child play in their room for an hour or so when they still need to rest but have given up their nap. Blanket time to me seems like quiet time, but in a flexible area where they can still be with their parents. Just wondering if it's the blanket itself that is the issue, or if it's the whole idea of expecting them to sit quietly.

And I get what she was going for with the crate analogy. Sometimes kids get overstimulated and really do need to calm down. Like a puppy will find comfort in it's crate, I think she was saying the kids find it calming to just okay quietly on their blankets. She could have not compared the kids to dogs, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never compared my dog to my kids and vice versa
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ruby posted a video where the thumbnail is Julie with the teeth covered in blood and it almost has 1 million views and was posted recently. If you look at the videos next to it they don't have as many views.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Scar2016 wrote:Today's vlog Bonnie decides to go on a little rant about blanket training her kidses. She compared it to crate training a dog, and then tried to back track. Coincidence much?

And I'm sorry (not sorry) but as soon as Olivia hurt herself that camera should have been switched off. Olivia made it clear she was embarrassed about the whole thing. The clip at the end, of Bonnie and her on Bonnie's bed, should have been where the camera picked up again, imo.
Can anyone answer this question. Was blanket training discussed on her comment YouTube section or just on YTMD? I think it is interesting she is engaging in negative comments which is something I am surprised about.
Honestly, I didn't know anything about blanket training and if she had said nothing, I would have thought it was a picnic with their special blankets in the basement or a way to eat downstairs with blankets to prevent carpet spills. My guess is she has her viewers confused with this whole line of conversation. I believe Joel napping part was in the same sense telling us he can nap if he wants to...or a response to the messages here.

The incident with the tongue being injured was because there is really nothing going on throughout the day to film is my opinion, but I could be wrong. I disagree with the thought Olivia minded this being filmed since she likes her camera time which in itself a different way to bring your kids up. The whole story Olivia was preventing Cody from making a mistake by doing it first...I'm not buying that one;) However, the kids were concern they were in trouble so a typical thing for them to do is to explain it away so I am not saying this is a bad thing. I think Ruby did this once on her vlog with filming her child being hurt, with the same type of filming (crying kid, bleeding, camera throughout the whole incident) and I think the comments on the YouTube section were negative with her filming it? Those who comment on Ruby's YouTube comment section can really go for the jugular when she does something they question, but I don't know if her demographics are mainly kids.

If you look at what is the interesting part of this vlogging is a message board that they read (not just Bonnie) and bring up in their vlogs. A good question is why do they care with mostly positive comments on her YouTube comment section and a channel that is getting very good daily views. If I were Bonnie, I would stop reading here. If things are going well with the channel and comment section, I would leave it at that since you never going to please everyone and your YouTube job is placing yourself in a position to be critiqued. Even traditional jobs you are assessed, but not by millions and it is done daily so this is a big downside to vlogging.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Bonnie clearly wasn't thinking when she made the tongue comment to the camera about Olivia taking the "whole tip off" and Olivia did panic after. I doubt Olivia took more than a little skin off. I agree, it didn't need to be vlogged. I don't get letting your kids play in negative temps either no matter how bundled they are, but that's just my opinion. Today's vlog was disappointing in many ways. I don't buy that part of Olivia doing it too to prevent Cody from doing it. I think that was Bonnie's take on it.
Last edited by workfromhomemom on Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:Ruby posted a video where the thumbnail is Julie with the teeth covered in blood and it almost has 1 million views and was posted recently. If you look at the videos next to it they don't have as many views.
I thought so and I do think she got some negative comments about this, but a million views must make it ok I guess?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I actually thought Bonnie was more engaged in the moment than I've seen from most vloggers lately. This could be a sad commentary on vlogging in general, more than a defence of Bonnie exactly. Although I expected far worse after reading here.

About blanket time. What is everyone's thought about quiet time then? Many parents will have their child play in their room for an hour or so when they still need to rest but have given up their nap. Blanket time to me seems like quiet time, but in a flexible area where they can still be with their parents. Just wondering if it's the blanket itself that is the issue, or if it's the whole idea of expecting them to sit quietly.

And I get what she was going for with the crate analogy. Sometimes kids get overstimulated and really do need to calm down. Like a puppy will find comfort in it's crate, I think she was saying the kids find it calming to just okay quietly on their blankets. She could have not compared the kids to dogs, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never compared my dog to my kids and vice versa Image

I have no opinion on Blanket Time and why do you think she brought it up in her vlog? I think most would have thought like myself it was a picnic in the basement with their blankets to sit on.

I guess this is an interesting aspect to the YouTube business is questionable Thumbnails and controversial topics that result in more views.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I was watching Samika the other day and Sam mentioned the local news has been cautioning parents about letting their small dogs and children out into the freezing cold they are having. They all live in the same town, I'm surprised Bonnie had her kids outside at all.

angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

Bonnie did a whole video explaining "blanket time" at one point. I don't remember the details but apparently in its strictest form, blanket time involves spankings when the children stray from the blanket or don't follow the rules. There was speculation at the time as to whether Bonnie does that or takes a slightly more lax approach.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I actually thought Bonnie was more engaged in the moment than I've seen from most vloggers lately. This could be a sad commentary on vlogging in general, more than a defence of Bonnie exactly. Although I expected far worse after reading here.

And I get what she was going for with the crate analogy. Sometimes kids get overstimulated and really do need to calm down. Like a puppy will find comfort in it's crate, I think she was saying the kids find it calming to just okay quietly on their blankets. She could have not compared the kids to dogs, but I'd be lying if I said I'd never compared my dog to my kids and vice versa Image

I have no opinion on Blanket Time and why do you think she brought it up in her vlog? I think most would have thought like myself it was a picnic in the basement with their blankets to sit on.

I guess this is an interesting aspect to the YouTube business is questionable Thumbnails and controversial topics that result in more views.
I think it came up because Linc is getting to the age where we'll start seeing him start. She made a video about it before if you want to check it out to see what it is.

Blanket time wasn't brought up yesterday night until after 9:30 on YTMD. I have no doubt that she reads here, but I can't see that being added as a response to it unless they had set the kids up to add that clip. Given that Olivia didn't have a lisp, I think that's unlikely.

Edited to correct the time. (Wrong time zone)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:Bonnie clearly wasn't thinking when she made the tongue comment to the camera about Olivia taking the "whole tip off" and Olivia did panic after. I doubt Olivia took more than a little skin off. I agree, it didn't need to be vlogged. I don't get letting your kids play in negative temps either no matter how bundled they are, but that's just my opinion. Today's vlog was disappointing in many ways. I don't buy that part of Olivia doing it too to prevent Cody from doing it. I think that was Bonnie's take on it.
I am sure it hurt...a lot, but the fact I didn't see bleeding, nothing was ripped off, I think she was very lucky it wasn't a worst injury.
Last edited by tratra58 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

tratra58 wrote:
workfromhomemom wrote:Bonnie clearly wasn't thinking when she made the tongue comment to the camera about Olivia taking the "whole tip off" and Olivia did panic after. I doubt Olivia took more than a little skin off. I agree, it didn't need to be vlogged. I don't get letting your kids play in negative temps either no matter how bundled they are, but that's just my opinion. Today's vlog was disappointing in many ways. I don't buy that part of Olivia doing it too to prevent Cody from doing it. I think that was Bonnie's take on it.
I am sure it hurt...a lot, but the fact I didn't see bleeding, nothing was ripped off, I think she was very lucky it wasn't a worst injury. Temps at -5 isn't really terribly cold in my opinion, the windchill would be a bigger factor and I don't think below zero is unusual for this part of Utah. I can see Joel being surprised it was a school snow day with roads clear and temps not too bad, but I watch the national weather this morning and they are getting a lot more snow out west..Weather Channel names these snow storms now and this one is called Winter Storm Iras.
I think Bonnie has the tendency to exaggerate too, thus the "ripped" off comment. My husband can be this way too at times and it gets old quickly. Sorry, I just don't buy those being safe temps to play in outside no matter if the kids don't seem to mind it.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

rdt1004 wrote:I was watching Samika the other day and Sam mentioned the local news has been cautioning parents about letting their small dogs and children out into the freezing cold they are having. They all live in the same town, I'm surprised Bonnie had her kids outside at all.

Not sure which day this was vlogged, but Saturday the average temp was -9 F. Cold enough that the schools where I live would keep the kids in at lunch, but not so cold that I wouldn't let an older child play outside if they insisted and bundled up. Really though, the tongue thing could happen at any freezing temperature so it could have been vlogged on Sunday (though I doubt it). That was 21 degrees. I know this still sounds wicked cold, but when you live in the Mountains you really do get used to it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

workfromhomemom wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
I am sure it hurt...a lot, but the fact I didn't see bleeding, nothing was ripped off, I think she was very lucky it wasn't a worst injury. Temps at -5 isn't really terribly cold in my opinion, the windchill would be a bigger factor and I don't think below zero is unusual for this part of Utah. I can see Joel being surprised it was a school snow day with roads clear and temps not too bad, but I watch the national weather this morning and they are getting a lot more snow out west..Weather Channel names these snow storms now and this one is called Winter Storm Iras.
I think Bonnie has the tendency to exaggerate too, thus the "ripped" off comment. My husband can be this way too at times and it gets old quickly. Sorry, I just don't buy those being safe temps to play in outside no matter if the kids don't seem to mind it.
I see get what you are saying if the temps were worst, which they might have been, but I am not sure they were.
Last edited by tratra58 on Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
rdt1004 wrote:I was watching Samika the other day and Sam mentioned the local news has been cautioning parents about letting their small dogs and children out into the freezing cold they are having. They all live in the same town, I'm surprised Bonnie had her kids outside at all.

Not sure which day this was vlogged, but Saturday the average temp was -9 F. Cold enough that the schools where I live would keep the kids in at lunch, but not so cold that I wouldn't let an older child play outside if they insisted and bundled up. Really though, the tongue thing could happen at any freezing temperature so it could have been vlogged on Sunday (though I doubt it). That was 21 degrees. I know this still sounds wicked cold, but when you live in the Mountains you really do get used to it.

I get what you are saying and even kids out for a little time is just getting some fresh air. They go crazy being indoor for days. If you live in cold climates, you get use to this and life doesn't stop like it did for Cullen and Katie with less than an inch of snow lol.

This one I will not fault Bonnie this one...;) My guess is the ski areas were packed with kids skiing with being off of school that long of stretch and the amount of snow they've had.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”