Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyFinnderella (part 78)

Unread post by BlueMountains »

brownprincess93 wrote:
pic.png
Wow...who even thinks that he looks good? Hahahaha :D

I feel like he purposely takes Ollie out and does all this "hashtag dad life" just so kids can say things like "I wish my dad would do that"....he is basically spoiling his kids and not teaching them anything productive for the real world. These kids are growing up not knowing how to help out or share....I see some serious problems once they get older!

Did any of you see Karma come with the ball while the kids and Bryan were playing in the trampoline? He neglects his own child so why wouldn't he neglect the dog too.

Missy and her "I've been cleaning all day" bullshit.....you hire people to do everything and take the credit for it....so stop pretending well know the real deal!! They made Ollie count to 10...he made a few mistakes and can't even pronounce the numbers correctly...you don't even see Bryan or Missy helping him say the numbers properly...have fun in "Kinderden" Ollie :?
Why doesn't Bryan go back to the haircut he had when they first started, that looked better. He's gained weight since then, but the one he has now is such a 20 year old preppy boy haircut. You're 27, stop acting like you're able to pull it off.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

Ducklings4 wrote:My second son had/ has no fear. He was always doing crazy stuff. If I did not remain calm when I reprimanded him, I would probably have startled him causing injuries. I got him into sports at an early age to channel his fearlessness into something positive. He ended up as a D1 athlete. Hopefully Ollie will get to continue with swimming and join a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Joining a sports team would mean Ollie has to interact with other kids that aren't either related to them or other vloggers kids though so it isn't looking likely! I mean he probably would have loved gymnastics and gotten a lot out of it but that lasted all of 5 minutes, and they won't even have him do swim LESSONS with other kids
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:All vloggers seem to have this thing for letting their kids on the counters and tables. Bonnie, Shay, DB, E&J, SlyFox-- they all let their kids sit, walk, and even dance on counters and tables. I think Cullen and Katie don't, and Smelly Belly makes a point of saying they don't want their youngest on the counter, but everyone else seems to think it's just fine and great footage. When my kids were little and we did stuff in the kitchen, we had a step stool for them. And I certainly didn't let them run around on a table like Finn was doing!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Cullen and Katie don't...yet.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I've seen her up there several times to help Katie cook. She doesn't walk on the counter though like some of the other kids.
;)[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017010 ... a87ae6.jpg[/img]

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

They let Ollie do whatever he wants and it's going to suck for them. Since Ollie want to take a bite of that cookie, I would have taken it away and told him he can't have it since he didn't listen and bit the cookie. Plus why would you order him a cookie when he is eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? (I think that's what he was eating.)

They don't teach their kids boundaries or rules. Climbing on furniture, regardless if it is your home or not, shouldn't be allowed. That's just my opinion. You never know what could happen and the crib is Finn's bed not a playground. The dining room table is for eating, once again not a playground.

I feel so bad that Luna scratched Finn in the face!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I think her sitting there helping Katie cook is a bit different than Ollie standing and jumping off every surface of that house. MG is so tiny i dont think she would be able to reach anything even on a step stool. I let my kids sit on the counter like that when they were little, but never feet on the counter and now that they are big enough to not need a step stool ect they are not allowed on the counters. I think there is a line, but B&M cross it big time. It disgusts me when we see him in that poop covered chicken coop barefoot then the next second hes on the counters running around with the same nasty bare feet. I would like to think they wash his feet off before coming inside but we all know that shit ain't happening. Have they really never heard of cross contamination? GAG!!!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Watching C&K's snow day vlog made me think of the differences in C&K and B&M.. i mean there are so many lol but one thing stood out in my mind and i touched on it briefly in C&K's forum.. Cullen made this fort out of blankets in the living room, they turned off all the lights and he and Katie played with MG in the fort with flashlights ect for what looked like quite some time. Something like that is what children make memories off of. She will remember that forever.. B&M on the other hand think that spending money = lasting childhood memories.. Sure Ollie will remember trips to Hawaii, London ect.. He will remember going to Disney every other week (but not like how most kids will, he wont care about it like my kids who have been 3 times their whole life) he will remember getting whatever toy he wanted every trip to target they took... but when was the last time that we saw B&M spend QUALITY time with these boys, not spending money, not showing off cool new things, just breaking out old blankets and spending time in a blanket fort with those kids. Now that i brought it up im sure it will happen soon, but of course it will be with some $1000 "build your own blanket fort" kit from amazon.. I guess it just makes me sad that B&M don;t understand how simple it is to make your kids happy and make lasting memories with them, its not all about how much you spend and if you have the latest and greatest toys, its about being with each other and really enjoying the moments. (i'm not saying blanket forts are the only way, there are tons of things they could do, just using that as an example bc its what made me think about all this)
(sorry i got a little deep and mushy there lol)
FreeFinn
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by FreeFinn »

I just watched C+K for the first time. And man MG's speech is so much better than Ollie's. And she is wayyy younger than him, it's crazy!

When I was little, my best friend's sister had speech issues similar to Ollie's. It turned out to be a hearing problem. They should really get Ollie's ears checked and maybe take him to a speech pathologist.

I know all children develop at different rates. But the kid is 3 and a half years old, he can't talk properly and can't even recite his ABCs. I could do that when I was 2!

This year they're going to send him off to preschool and see how all the other kids are so much better at doing things than he is.
Free Finn!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

FreeFinn wrote:I just watched C+K for the first time. And man MG's speech is so much better than Ollie's. And she is wayyy younger than him, it's crazy!

When I was little, my best friend's sister had speech issues similar to Ollie's. It turned out to be a hearing problem. They should really get Ollie's ears checked and maybe take him to a speech pathologist.

I know all children develop at different rates. But the kid is 3 and a half years old, he can't talk properly and can't even recite his ABCs. I could do that when I was 2!

This year they're going to send him off to preschool and see how all the other kids are so much better at doing things than he is.
I've always thought that his speech issues stem from a hearing problem, he talks like he cant hear properly! I cant see how they aren't concerned!

LMAO!! Send him off to preschool? I'll eat my hat if that happens. Missy has said that he should just play and not be bothered with learning things while hes this age, bc he's only little once and shouldnt have to sit down and be expected too learn anything. Which is true to an extent. But she also said this within a couple months of being paid in a sponsored vlog BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA to promote their whole kids learn so much before the age of 5 program (idk what it was called but they did a whole vlog about gong to the book store and reading a book, all bc its so important for them to be teaching them things before the age of 5) They don't even read to the kid anymore, when was the last time we saw him get a bedtime story and not either already asleep before bedtime or the let him fall asleep with the ipad, or on the couch/in his playroom with the TV on? Christmas? That kid won't be in a classroom until its legally required for him to be, and I'll be shocked if they don't try homeschooling first (which is the last thing Ollie needs. The child has zero social skills already and his parents have proved how well they "teach" their kids anything. Home school will go the same way the sensory board, the learning games and the discipline jar will go. One time and done bc they are just too busy and he doesn't need to sit still and learn right now...)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, they are such morons themselves, it would be horrific if they homeschool. The only thing that might save his education would be if Tal homeschooled too and set up a little classroom for the girls and Ollie
That whole attitude of Missy's about learning is so weird. Kids are sponges. They learn all the time. You don't have to stick them behind a desk to teach them. Read to them, point things out-- when they point at something like a bird, say "yes, that's a bird. It's brown" It was so obvious when they were reading the Night Before Christmas, that those boys don't know how to listen to a story because they're never read to!
I agree that maybe Ollie has hearing problems. All that swimming, could have gotten water in his ears. Or he may have had ear infections that went undetected. I just don't understand why they're so resistant to getting him checked out. There's nothing wrong with needing speech therapy. It would show that they're actually good parents.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Plus, they are such morons themselves, it would be horrific if they homeschool. The only thing that might save his education would be if Tal homeschooled too and set up a little classroom for the girls and Ollie
That whole attitude of Missy's about learning is so weird. Kids are sponges. They learn all the time. You don't have to stick them behind a desk to teach them. Read to them, point things out-- when they point at something like a bird, say "yes, that's a bird. It's brown" It was so obvious when they were reading the Night Before Christmas, that those boys don't know how to listen to a story because they're never read to!
I agree that maybe Ollie has hearing problems. All that swimming, could have gotten water in his ears. Or he may have had ear infections that went undetected. I just don't understand why they're so resistant to getting him checked out. There's nothing wrong with needing speech therapy. It would show that they're actually good parents.

It's that whole issue with looking less than perfect to the viewers, just like Finn's heart and kidney issues are swept under the rug, as well as Ollie's seizures. (and Cal's neck with E&J, the also have this same reaction to anything that makes them look less than perfect) If he needs speech therapy then he's not perfect, and nothing less would be good enough for M&B. What will be interesting is IF he goes to school what will happen then. Will they refuse to get him evaluated? Or are they just waiting for him to get into school bc thats something the school will deal with and they won't have to worry with it? Maybe thats what they are waiting on. They are just letting him get further and further behind bc they don't want to have to deal with moving around shopping dates and trips to accommodate visits from a speech therapist. Maybe they think that if it's done at school they won't have to worry about practicing with him, it doesn't work like that, Missy, you will still have speech "homework".
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

Playsinrain wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, they are such morons themselves, it would be horrific if they homeschool. The only thing that might save his education would be if Tal homeschooled too and set up a little classroom for the girls and Ollie

It's that whole issue with looking less than perfect to the viewers, just like Finn's heart and kidney issues are swept under the rug, as well as Ollie's seizures. (and Cal's neck with E&J, the also have this same reaction to anything that makes them look less than perfect) If he needs speech therapy then he's not perfect, and nothing less would be good enough for M&B. What will be interesting is IF he goes to school what will happen then. Will they refuse to get him evaluated? Or are they just waiting for him to get into school bc thats something the school will deal with and they won't have to worry with it? Maybe thats what they are waiting on. They are just letting him get further and further behind bc they don't want to have to deal with moving around shopping dates and trips to accommodate visits from a speech therapist. Maybe they think that if it's done at school they won't have to worry about practicing with him, it doesn't work like that, Missy, you will still have speech "homework".
If Ollie goes to school with speech issues, the school won't let him in until he's evaluated. Then if B&M dont do anything they can get in shit for not having Ollie go to school.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PosyGirl72 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

If Ollie goes to school with speech issues, the school won't let him in until he's evaluated. Then if B&M dont do anything they can get in shit for not having Ollie go to school.

Annnnd thats when public(or private, a "real" classroom environment) school "doesn't really work well for Ollie" and he will be homeschooled
PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

Playsinrain wrote:
PosyGirl72 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: It's that whole issue with looking less than perfect to the viewers, just like Finn's heart and kidney issues are swept under the rug, as well as Ollie's seizures. (and Cal's neck with E&J, the also have this same reaction to anything that makes them look less than perfect) If he needs speech therapy then he's not perfect, and nothing less would be good enough for M&B. What will be interesting is IF he goes to school what will happen then. Will they refuse to get him evaluated? Or are they just waiting for him to get into school bc thats something the school will deal with and they won't have to worry with it? Maybe thats what they are waiting on. They are just letting him get further and further behind bc they don't want to have to deal with moving around shopping dates and trips to accommodate visits from a speech therapist. Maybe they think that if it's done at school they won't have to worry about practicing with him, it doesn't work like that, Missy, you will still have speech "homework".

Annnnd thats when public(or private, a "real" classroom environment) school "doesn't really work well for Ollie" and he will be homeschooled
And they will fail horribly at homeschooling.

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
Edenberry
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Edenberry »

Re: Ollie and his Speech

My son is 4 and for the past 2 years, we've known there was something going on with his speech. He babbled jargon, couldn't focus, and had trouble following basic directions. After 2 evaluations, we discovered he had a Processing Disorder. Words going in and the words coming out all got mixed up in his little mind and he had trouble understanding what he was hearing and what he was trying to say back. He's smart. Very smart, but due to his attention issues and the processing disorder, he just has trouble being understood.

We fought for speech therapy to begin ASAP (there's ALWAYS a long wait), and let me tell you something, within 3 months of speech beginning and 4 months of preschool...he is WORLDS improved. It's astonishing. He still needs help with slowing down and thinking of what he wants to say before trying to say it, but speech does help and preschool was VITAL. The social interaction with other children helps their minds develop and their language develops exponentially.

Ollie doesn't seem to have trouble understanding what is being said. I think his diction is off, and I think you all are correct, there is a hearing issue going on, though probably a small one. I don't think he can hear himself. Bryan and Missy are so loud that I'm sure it seems like he hears just fine, but I don't think he does.
Please let someone test his hearing. Let his pediatrician examine him and make the call. Please let him go to preschool. It's not necessary but it's so good for kids his age.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I thought those hatchimals were for Liv and Pay since they didn't get one.. the one yesterday turned into Ollie's before the vlog was even over and now the second one is also Ollie's.. So he got 3 while the girls got none bc B&M made them his as well. So humble Ollie, so humble Missy..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ollie's 16th birthday "so mom and dad got me 1..2..3..5... wait.. 1.. 2.. 3.. 4!.. 5 presents for my birthdayden.. On of them is a carden! It's a blue carden.. wait.. i mean a red carden!"
Sevan116
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sevan116 »

That Big Bear cabin is like $1000 or more a night!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

So many comments about the hatchimal bs and Luna being favored over Karma.. WALK TOWARDS THE LIGHT MINIONS!!! WALK TOWARDS THE LIGHT!!!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sevan116 wrote:That Big Bear cabin is like $1000 or more a night!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Of course. They can't stay in some "rustic" old cabin like they did over Thanksgiving! Horrors!

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

I call BS on the new drone. Why would DGI send Bryan a new drone??? He hasn't used his drone for how long? It's not even like he's great at editing/filming. Look at the quality of drone footage that Cullen has put out. Even Jared is better. It's not like Bryan is on the level of Casey neistat... doesn't make sense that they would send him a brand new drone. Liar again.
Had to laugh when talking about going to the snow Bryan said that he was looking forward to "hitting the slopes". Hahahaha right?
Jimmy is in school so that's why he couldn't go? I thought Cassie was also in school.
The whole gas thing was so stupid as are these two. How many times has Bryan run out of gas? It's a long drive and they didn't notice until half way up the mountain? Idiots!
Anyone else see a bigger car in their future? Now that they take Luna everywhere.
You'd think with his show so close he'd be concentrating on that and not another vacay-a-month. They'll never stay in that other cabin again. For the price of this whole thing they could have flown to Utah for some real snow.
You know what we haven't seen... his electric skateboard. That was $1000 too at least.

Return to “Daily Bumps”