Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:If I had one person I would like to do a Q & A with it would be Katie to ask her expert opinion (PhD in Child Psychology) on the benefits and/or harm with children being part of a family vlogs.
She would likely not know the answer because, let's face it, it is unknown territory. It seems there are 4 main genres of YouTube family vloggers, notwithstanding being filmed every day, in most cases, for years on end:

1) Non invasive, passive vlogging. Cullen & Katie for the most part fall into this genre. It stand's to reason this would pose the least (both present and future) risk to the child.

2) Character themed family vlog's. These, imo, are also the least potentially harmful, both emotionally or psychologically. They are clear in their premise and therefore this makes it clear in the child's mind: Dressing up in a Disney character costume and playing out a fantasy fairy story. April & Davey's big buck's channel comes to mind which is separate from any potential affects of their daily vlogging channel.

3) Those that create a YouTube-esque character for their kid's and deliver them a script off camera to say once the camera is rolling. An alter ego if you will. This to me is potentially the most confusing aspect for very young kids that this is being asked of. Daily Bumps and Saccone Joly's come to mind. I felt uncomfortable with their vlog on their Friendliest Friends channel, of their 4 y/o daughter doing her bedroom tour in the weirdest high pitched voice; she looked confused throughout.

4) Capitalizing (or at the very least including, rather than excluding) on their children's accidents/pain/privacy/embarrassments etc. I would also include child nudity/bath time/potty training etc. Bonnie and several others come to mind. This one appears to be the concerning one for most people and, seeing the first three genres, it's understandable to see why. It's also understandable to see why these thing's do not need to be included in order to become a successful YouTuber, like many others have done.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

SlyFox is bad with #4. They put thumbnails of their kids crying, and use dramatic titles, and get tons of views. One of them has 19 million views. It's definitely not OK.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:If I had one person I would like to do a Q & A with it would be Katie to ask her expert opinion (PhD in Child Psychology) on the benefits and/or harm with children being part of a family vlogs.
She would likely not know the answer because, let's face it, it is unknown territory. It seems there are 4 main genres of YouTube family vloggers, notwithstanding being filmed every day, in most cases, for years on end:

1) Non invasive, passive vlogging. Cullen & Katie for the most part fall into this genre. It stand's to reason this would pose the least (both present and future) risk to the child.

2) Character themed family vlog's. These, imo, are also the least potentially harmful, both emotionally or psychologically. They are clear in their premise and therefore this makes it clear in the child's mind: Dressing up in a Disney character costume and playing out a fantasy fairy story. April & Davey's big buck's channel comes to mind which is separate from any potential affects of their daily vlogging channel.

3) Those that create a YouTube-esque character for their kid's and deliver them a script off camera to say once the camera is rolling. An alter ego if you will. This to me is potentially the most confusing aspect for very young kids that this is being asked of. Daily Bumps and Saccone Joly's come to mind. I felt uncomfortable with their vlog on their Friendliest Friends channel, of their 4 y/o daughter doing her bedroom tour in the weirdest high pitched voice; she looked confused throughout.

4) Capitalizing (or at the very least including, rather than excluding) on their children's accidents/pain/privacy/embarrassments etc. I would also include child nudity/bath time/potty training etc. Bonnie and several others come to mind. This one appears to be the concerning one for most people and, seeing the first three genres, it's understandable to see why. It's also understandable to see why these thing's do not need to be included in order to become a successful YouTuber, like many others have done.
An insightful breakdown including logical thinking on this topic. I agree with your groupings.

I have such a low threshold for Bonnie these days, if there is no vlogging in the bathroom/kids are dressed, it passes the decency test. I noticed Joel doing most of the filming today too.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

CallieT wrote:This is just to add on to the discussion of blanket training from the book "To Train Up a Child"...which from what I understand, Bonnie has promoted.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed here or not, but this book has been directly linked to the death of three children. I'd encourage everybody to read this article about the book, which talks about the murders, and what the book instructs: https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.babble. ... ent=safari

Now, I completely understand that we don't even know if Bonnie inflicts any pain at all on her children during blanket time, and I don't think Bonnie abuses her children. However, it's disgusting to me that Bonnie promotes this book, because we know that the message that some people (not Bonnie) receive from it leads them to kill or seriously abuse their children. I don't think what Bonnie does with blanket time is necessarily wrong, and I think the majority of people that read that book won't do anything wrong, but we know that it causes some people to commit despicable actions, so the fact that Bonnie promotes it is unacceptable to me.

Here's another Amazon review that talks about the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/review/161 ... 8&cursor=2
Bonnie promotes the book "Babywise", not "To Train Up a Child".
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ok, you guys have me feeling sorry for Jackson now. Did Bonnie's kids really give them their used toys for his birthday? and pajamas they had to return? wrapped in left over Christmas wrapping? Why would you give this to a three year old on his birthday.

Pardon me, but this is really silly parenting giving used presents to a preschooler.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

Very nice of Joel to help out the neighbors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 1be4cd.png[/img]
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

actuallydear wrote:Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

No clue. Either bought it for herself or it's costume I suppose. They never said she got a new ring.

When I zoomed in to look the necklace sort of caught my eye though....

Wow. That's a big 'B'
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for his birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...and the nicest kid of all of the cousins.
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I thought the gifts from the boys were nice. But I do think it would have been nice of Bonnie and Joel to go out and get an actual unused gift. I agree with Bonnie that it's a nice lesson for the boys.

I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for their birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...
I really don't think it was at the expense of Jackson because I think he felt like they were two new toys for him he didn't care if it came in a box or not.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

actuallydear wrote:Haven't watched her for a bit, so when I saw this big rock on her hand I went "wow!" - when did she get it?

She said she got it out of a bath bomb lol. It's fake.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for their birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...
I really don't think it was at the expense of Jackson because I think he felt like they were two new toys for him he didn't care if it came in a box or not.

Also I wanted to add that I think this type of thing is only OK within family members I would never condone this for like a friend's birthday party.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass off as a lesson.
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:

I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for his birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

It isn't the end of the world, but it is pretty cheap and lazy of your aunt and uncle to not take the kids to a toy store and buy Jackson a nice present. Poor Jackson...and the nicest kid of all of the cousins.
Each of the little kids don't usually give Jackson gifts. These were additional. The Griffith's family tends to go lean on gifts for one another. Ellie and Jared usually give Dollar Store toys to the Hoellein kids. I know they have one of the boys a cheap marshmallow shooter one time.

I agree it's a nice lesson and a nice thought. We've seen Bonnie spend money on the nieces and nephews randomly. She bought Jackson a costume and pjs before. I don't think it was about the money.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:
tratra58 wrote: I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for their birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

You can't be serious. He didn't recognize his pajamas. i will not budge on this one and I think they should have gone out to buy their nephew a new present for his birthday. They can afford it, had the time to go and purchase one and this again was just silly parenting to pass this off as a lesson.
Maybe I was unclear in my original post where I said I thought Bonnie Angil should have bought Jackson a new gift and that I did not like what he did with the pajamas that was like a joke gift that should have paired with an actual one.

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Each of the little kids don't usually give Jackson gifts. These were additional. The Griffith's family tends to go lean on gifts for one another. Ellie and Jared usually give Dollar Store toys to the Hoellein kids. I know they have one of the boys a cheap marshmallow shooter one time.

I agree it's a nice lesson and a nice thought. We've seen Bonnie spend money on the nieces and nephews randomly. She bought Jackson a costume and pjs before. I don't think it was about the money.
The Griffiths seem painfully terrible at gift-giving lol.

Tratra- I agree on the PJs. But I like what Bonnie did with Cody and Boston. Joel thought it was funny, it would have been better if he handed Ellie the gift.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Did Bonnie and Joel give Jackson a present? besides the returned pajamas?
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

I think what they did was horrible!! Who in their right mind gives dirty, used/broken toys (head missing) or anything else as a gift?
What lesson is that teaching? Joel tossing that gift at him was pathetic. What she did was like a slap in the face and so disrespectful.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
tratra58 wrote: I disagree this is a lesson for the boys because it comes at the expense of a three year old that received used toys for his birthday. And unwrapping the washed/returned pajamas was even worse. You don't even give used toys to kids in need at Christmas time and you go out and buy a new one. And go back to their kids birthdays...all new gift their kids opened from all their relatives.

Did Bonnie and Joel give Jackson a present? besides the returned pajamas?
Thee is one point you can see a gift next to Linc. I assumed they gave another from the group since the other gifts were from the individual kids. We've never seen Bonnie cheap out before, so I assumed there was something else.

It's pretty terrible if there wasn't though. I'm just not sure that was the case since Bonnie has had no problem dropping $50 on Jackson just to be nice before.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Someone else noticed and asked. It was from a bath bomb. Weird to not just wear it on your right hand though....

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 381588.png[/img]

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”