rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by rdt1004 »

liveyourlife22 wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Start at 1:40ish and tell me Ellie hasn't changed? Jackson was her entire world and she adored him.

Yes! This is the blog that made me subscribe to them. I just rewatched it and actually laughed out loud. She was such a good mom to Jackson before she made him grow up too fast!
He was such a chubby cutie. Ellie was also alone with him all day with no money to spend so that's probably why she was so in love with him. He was her entire world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

RecklessDisregard wrote:So about the kitchen set that is for both boys... I agree Jackson is a good-natured boy and too young to resent this anyway. It would have made a lovely Santa gift for both boys, and I feel confident that Ellie prioritizes Calvin's enjoyment over Jackson's, even on J's birthday. I find it very unlikely though that Calvin's next birthday will consist of a mural and a large gift to share. It's like George the Giraffe all over again.

I definitely do see the favoritism. When E+J came home from Seattle, she was very over-the-top in greeting Calvin with an extended kissfest, and had very little interest in greeting Jackson. She has an entirely different tone of voice and body language when talking to or about Calvin. I'm sure that Cal's health scares are a contributing factor, but I also think it had to do with having breastfed him for much longer than Jackson. All the nights she stayed up late rocking and soothing him come to mind as well. Ultimately, she just has a much stronger bond with the clingy younger son who "needs" her and physically resembles her, than she does with friendly little Jackson who has so much of Jared in him.

As to how damaging it will be for Jackson... Who knows? He's certainly not the first kid to be pushed aside by his mom in favor of a younger sibling. Jared is really actively involved in raising him and I am sure Jackson will grow up to respect and identify with his dad. There are worse things in the world than being the lesser-favored son in an upper middle class family that has all of their needs met and a million fans around the world.

Yesterday I watched the video in which Jackson first started scooting/crawling... The Ellie I saw in that vlog was very different from the woman she is today. It makes me wonder if Cal has other health concerns beside the torticollis... But it would be hard for daily vloggers to hide the evidence of huge life-threatening illnesses in a baby/toddler. If it wasn't a more worrisome health scare, then why was his first 18 months "so hard"? And why has Ellie aged 15 years? To say that they were changed by money seems like an incomplete answer. But it's a shame that 2014 Ellie is gone.
You explained a good deal with Ellie's past and one area I wondered about also is her appearance since she looked like a kid herself in 2014 and now looks like she is in her thirties. Does anyone know why she looks so different in just two years since you generally don't see this when you are still in your twenties. If you look at her sister Julie who has similar looks, she hasn't changed that much.

I think the Ellie you saw in the early vlogs will not be back, so I agree this is unfortunate to see.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Maybe they got Jackson the kitchen because Ollie got a kitchen for Christmas? Got to keep up with the Lannings! And since they've had all this snow, and all these fun snow related vlogs, and cute footage of Penny in the snow, of course DB had to go to Big Bear. These people don't have an original thought in their heads!
I have used the "changed my life" line in birthday posts for my kids, but I have always said "for the better", and posted a lot more about how wonderful they are. I can't imagine posting just two little sentences. Especially if my livelihood was based on social media.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Jackson is such a sweet and smart little boy. He looks like he had a good birthday.
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

People say missy is desperate for a girl going by what I've heard in the vlogs the last few days ellie is more desperate for a girl and for that I hope she gets all boys

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Sorry, I completely disagree with the argument that having a brother that is favoured won't affect Jackson because he has other people that love him. Ellie dismissing him as she does will destroy his confidence. He won't focus on all the people that do shower him with praise. He will focus on the one person that does not, or only does so intermittently. This is how Narcissists/cults maintain control. They love you as long as you keep in line, and then deny that if you test them. Saying Jackson will be fine is really dumbing it down in my opinion, when there have been so many studies to show how important it is for a child to have a solid and safe relationship with both parents.

There is no excusing Ellie's bad behaviour, and Jared enabling it by not calling her out is only putting Ellie before his son.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

If Ellie or Jared does read here, I would like to say. Please go back and watch your birth vlog for Jackson and a couple of vlogs from the first year of his life. Look how happy you were with how little you had. Look how simply and not child pandering you vlogs were. You might not be able to go back to the people you were (Ellie), but at least go back to that more real blogging style. At least so your vlogs will be more palpable to watch for adults.

menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

I must have missed something, but what did having a road trip next week have to do with having a gift for Calvin? Ellie said that when she was going through Jackson's things in the basement. So Calvin needs a present too :x

Poor Jackson can't even play the way he wants to without his mother guiding him. No Ellie, it wasn't important for him to put an apron on in that moment. Ridiculous. Whenever he is doing something she looks super tense, and like she just wants to grab it out of his hand and do it for him. I don't think she has a ton of patience for her children.

Oh, and people were wondering about her IG comment yesterday and why she didn't go into specifics about how he changed her life. We already know. HE MADE HER A MOM. He was the primer for the next baby and therefor replaceable. Calvin is different because he NEEDS HER. Jackson was always more happy and independent. Looking at it that way I can see why one is favoured and the other dismissed.

Where is the road trip to?
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

larissaledingham wrote:People say missy is desperate for a girl going by what I've heard in the vlogs the last few days ellie is more desperate for a girl and for that I hope she gets all boys

Lol. I hope she learns to properly handle the children and life she has before having any other children. Ellie is still too much of a spoiled child herself to even think of adding more responsibility. Having Calvin almost broke her, and they still haven't recovered. Another child will be more than she can handle.

But I agree that she's desperate for a daughter. If she finally gets one, she'll then be desperate for something else to add to the perfect "image". Jared will never succeed in pleasing her.
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

menehune wrote:
larissaledingham wrote:People say missy is desperate for a girl going by what I've heard in the vlogs the last few days ellie is more desperate for a girl and for that I hope she gets all boys

Lol. I hope she learns to properly handle the children and life she has before having any other children. Ellie is still too much of a spoiled child herself to even think of adding more responsibility. Having Calvin almost broke her, and they still haven't recovered. Another child will be more than she can handle.

But I agree that she's desperate for a daughter. If she finally gets one, she'll then be desperate for something else to add to the perfect "image". Jared will never succeed in pleasing her.
It wouldn't suprise me if she thought she was automatically going to have a girl first since all of her siblings oldest children are girls (therefore she resents Jackson)

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

larissaledingham wrote:
menehune wrote:

It wouldn't suprise me if she thought she was automatically going to have a girl first since all of her siblings oldest children are girls (therefore she resents Jackson)

They both talked about wanting a boy when she was pregnant with Jackson. She even joked that she would love the baby if it were a girl, just not as much.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I want to add to the debate on whether Ellie favors Cal more than Jacks.. disclaimer: (lol) I only watch E&J mayyyybe once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more depending on what is being talked about here. So keep in mind that its harder for me to pick up on patterns ect with their behavior.
Just watching as infrequently as I do, the one thing that really disturbs me about Ellie is her lack in ability to praise Jackson when he deserves it. I've seen it several times but the most recent and the one that really scorched my hide is the vlog a few weeks back where they took the boys ice skating. I talked about it then as well, but look back at it if you really don't think she favors Calvin over Jackson. She REFUSES to talk about how well Jackson did and immediately turns it into Calvin being the best. While they are at the rink she gushes about how well Calvin did (the kid was in sneakers walking on the ice with a walker...) and throws in Jackson as an after thought (who was a natural at it like pretty much every physical activity he tries). "I want to come back when Calvin gets older." as in she cant just take Jackson since he is old enough and can really enjoy it, its GOT to be all about Calvin. Later, at the end of the vlog Jared starts talking about how great Jackson did and Ellie immediately turns the conversation on Calvin, he was just amazing bc he loves to talk to and kiss strangers.. She dismisses everything Jackson excels at and throws a freaking party for Calvin if he claps his hands. Maybe i don't watch enough to see her dote and brag on Jackson, but ive never really seen it. He does not get the praise he deserves from his mother, and that WILL be damaging to him as he gets older. Sure kids don't need a trophy for wiping their noses, but give a kid praise when he deserves it! We all know how everything has to be about Ellie.. all the time, and i have wondered if she see's Calvin as an extension of herself. If the attention cant be on her, then it better be on Calvin bc he's an extension of Ellie. Jackson has been pushed away for Calvin. Jackson will be trying to gain his mothers approval his entire life while Calvin won't have to lift a finger and will be the golden child bc Ellie has some weird attachment to him. All mothers should be attached to their children, yes, but when it the attachment is so strong that you start projecting your own issues on the to child it becomes an issue. Not only for the child but for siblings and partners too. I can see Ellie jumping on Jared off camera for giving Jackson too much praise.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

actuallydear wrote:
larissaledingham wrote:
menehune wrote: Lol. I hope she learns to properly handle the children and life she has before having any other children. Ellie is still too much of a spoiled child herself to even think of adding more responsibility. Having Calvin almost broke her, and they still haven't recovered. Another child will be more than she can handle.

They both talked about wanting a boy when she was pregnant with Jackson. She even joked that she would love the baby if it were a girl, just not as much.
Bc in that picture post card world she wants to live in, little girls always have big brothers. She wanted a boy first so he could be the big protector of her precious delicate daughter. Now that she has TWO boys, she HAS to have a girl bc then who would the boys look after???
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

"This used to be mommys play food."

No shit, Jackson's getting something old. Oh what fun memories I had playing with this. And now Jackson can.
Barf.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Those Beanboozleds are disgusting. Someone brought them to school at recess and a few of the kids felt really sick after just one or two. They are really gross. It's ok for adults if they want to do that to themselves, but I would never give them to my kid willingly. I would let them have them at a party, but I would never buy them. Kids are picky, you could buy some of the less desirable Jelly Belly flavours and do the same thing but to a less disgusting level. I think that might have been more about having vlogworthy material than it was about a party activity. Why not play more Spiderman specific party games? I've seen Pin the Spider on the Web. Probably not as entertaining for a vlog. Just my opinion.

Jackson is the sweetest child though. He's adorable! I just can't warm up to Calvin. Makes me feel terrible :(
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

Seriously though, am I missing something?

Jackson got:
- the painting (which is for everyone)
- the kitchen (which is for everyone)
- a clock... A CLOCK.

Ehm... are they for real?
I hope I missed something.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Playsinrain wrote:I want to add to the debate on whether Ellie favors Cal more than Jacks.. disclaimer: (lol) I only watch E&J mayyyybe once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more depending on what is being talked about here. So keep in mind that its harder for me to pick up on patterns ect with their behavior.
Just watching as infrequently as I do, the one thing that really disturbs me about Ellie is her lack in ability to praise Jackson when he deserves it. I've seen it several times but the most recent and the one that really scorched my hide is the vlog a few weeks back where they took the boys ice skating. I talked about it then as well, but look back at it if you really don't think she favors Calvin over Jackson. She REFUSES to talk about how well Jackson did and immediately turns it into Calvin being the best. While they are at the rink she gushes about how well Calvin did (the kid was in sneakers walking on the ice with a walker...) and throws in Jackson as an after thought (who was a natural at it like pretty much every physical activity he tries). "I want to come back when Calvin gets older." as in she cant just take Jackson since he is old enough and can really enjoy it, its GOT to be all about Calvin. Later, at the end of the vlog Jared starts talking about how great Jackson did and Ellie immediately turns the conversation on Calvin, he was just amazing bc he loves to talk to and kiss strangers.. She dismisses everything Jackson excels at and throws a freaking party for Calvin if he claps his hands. Maybe i don't watch enough to see her dote and brag on Jackson, but ive never really seen it. He does not get the praise he deserves from his mother, and that WILL be damaging to him as he gets older. Sure kids don't need a trophy for wiping their noses, but give a kid praise when he deserves it! We all know how everything has to be about Ellie.. all the time, and i have wondered if she see's Calvin as an extension of herself. If the attention cant be on her, then it better be on Calvin bc he's an extension of Ellie. Jackson has been pushed away for Calvin. Jackson will be trying to gain his mothers approval his entire life while Calvin won't have to lift a finger and will be the golden child bc Ellie has some weird attachment to him. All mothers should be attached to their children, yes, but when it the attachment is so strong that you start projecting your own issues on the to child it becomes an issue. Not only for the child but for siblings and partners too. I can see Ellie jumping on Jared off camera for giving Jackson too much praise.
Yes, this! 100% Jackson is treated like he's Jared's child, whereas Calvin is hers. His attention is HER attention too. Anytime Jackson gets any sort of recognition, she uses Calvin to steal the limelight away. This is a common tool of Narcissist mothers. Thing is, the Golden Child is easily replaceable, so if she gets her daughter, then Cal is going to find himself hanging out with his brother. At least then, Jackson might not grow up thinking it's just him.

Jared needs to grow a pair of balls and realize they don't need to bring anymore children or pets into that mess. He has his hands full raising his wife-child, two boys and now Penny. If something were to ever happen to him, or if he ever had to return to a 40 hr a week job, they would not be ok. Ellie can't handle life as an adult with two children. Not even close.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

They dropped hints about the kitchen before Christmas, so I don't think it was to keep up with DB. But of course, you never know with these two.

As for Ellie progressively aging over the last two years, I think it's mostly because of her severe malnutrition (whatever the reason behind it may be) causing her to not only be extremely thin and frail, but also making her skin appear dull and pale. The platinum in her hair doesn't help her to not look washed out (although I do prefer her as a blonde and think she looked gorgeous as a blonde when she was pregnant with Jackson). And last but not least, the popularly discussed Invisalign that widened her bite which adds to the gaunt-ness of her face. (Not trying to be rude or negative here, just stating contributing factors.)

I think a lot of the difference we see in Ellie's personality/the way she treats Jackson has to do a lot with her lack of gratitude. When Ellie was finally able to conceive/give birth to Jackson, she was on a high. She was extremely humble and grateful. Once she got pregnant with Cal naturally, she slowly but surely lost all of that. I think that now she is back to her original form (lol), the bitter and mean acne/anxiety Ellie that she owed her family an apology for pre-Jackson.

She may treat Cal differently, but there's a difference in her personality as a whole imo.

calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Are they meeting up with DB at the cabin again?

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:They dropped hints about the kitchen before Christmas, so I don't think it was to keep up with DB. But of course, you never know with these two.

As for Ellie progressively aging over the last two years, I think it's mostly because of her severe malnutrition (whatever the reason behind it may be) causing her to not only be extremely thin and frail, but also making her skin appear dull and pale. The platinum in her hair doesn't help her to not look washed out (although I do prefer her as a blonde and think she looked gorgeous as a blonde when she was pregnant with Jackson). And last but not least, the popularly discussed Invisalign that widened her bite which adds to the gaunt-ness of her face. (Not trying to be rude or negative here, just stating contributing factors.)

I think a lot of the difference we see in Ellie's personality/the way she treats Jackson has to do a lot with her lack of gratitude. When Ellie was finally able to conceive/give birth to Jackson, she was on a high. She was extremely humble and grateful. Once she got pregnant with Cal naturally, she slowly but surely lost all of that. I think that now she is back to her original form (lol), the bitter and mean acne/anxiety Ellie that she owed her family an apology for pre-Jackson.

She may treat Cal differently, but there's a difference in her personality as a whole imo.

Unpopular opinion, but I don't see Ellie's problem as being anxiety at all. I think it's just a word she's grabbed onto to justify all sorts of things. I have anxiety, as many of us do, and the strange thing for me is that she has never used it in the present. It's always been mentioned as something she dealt with in the past. You know how people will add PTSD or DOMESTIC ABUSE VICTIM to their IG bios as a little attention grab? I view it like that. Most of us with anxiety aren't so easily cured, and don't use it to justify poor behaviour... it makes us worry about that behaviour MORE. For instance, what makes Ellie anxious? Do we even know? We know her choices have shown it isn't performing in public, meeting people she wants to meet, arguing with retail employees, throwing criticism at workers, travelling with a newborn or toddler (or both), building a home, etc. She even went door to door asking the people on her street if that was a good place to live. I belong to a support group for anxiety disorders. I have never encountered someone with anxiety that is as pushy and immovable as Ellie is. Ellie is bitchy and pouty when she doesn't get her way, I don't feel that is anxiety in the way she mentions it. Not all anxiety is disordered and to a life-impacting degree. I feel like she is the type to just want to be included in the club... like how so many vloggers also want to claim IF.

*BIG DISCLAIMER THAT THIS IS JUST MY OPINION AND I DON'T MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE ELSE THAT HAS ANXIETY OR OTHER MENTAL HEALTH DISORDERS

Return to “Ellie and Jared”