8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

Kjr123
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by Kjr123 »

Honestly! How can she lose her 5 and 3 year old constantly in stores! Why isn't she keeping them right next to her? Maybe keep her eyes on them?! I can understand they are kids and can move fast, but it's every time she goes shopping! And they are always way out of eye sight. Wth?!
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

How did evil end up in the trolley? Did she climb?
Her speech of being a real mom... Barf.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

savedramafoyomomma8 wrote:I forgot to add she said she is going to up her game with dinner and then serves a one pot meal (soup) AGAIN in tiny bowls. There's nothing wrong with one pot meals but it has to get old to not have any variety. Do these women not know how to make a whole meal....main dish, side salad maybe, some fruit or rice? Bonnie cooks the same way. I don't know how the others are because I don't watch them. Even with breakfast it's either a bowl of bland something or a pancake....no eggs, no fruit, no yogurt.
Seems like the only fruit they eat are bananas. Bonnie has all that lovely fruit she canned-- I know it's dead of winter, but jeez!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

I actually enjoy Ruby's channel so actually rarely have snark- but man lately she has given us a lot.

In the second to last blog- I had the same thoughts! Stepping up her game on dinner- but still just soup. No bread. No salad. Just soup. And then how she said she was trying to have more relaxing evenings- but then the wet towel fight. (And don't get me wrong- that
Looked fun and is one of the parts of big families I really enjoy- how something so simple can entertain so many at once- but it just seemed ironic considering her opening to the vlog.

On the most recent vlog- yessss! How often can you lose your kids!?

I also was shocked she showed footage of 10 year old Abby picking her nose when that girl has to go to school everyday with her peers. Seems super insensitive.

I oddly enjoy when she comes across as flawed. I appreciate the rawness. Showing Abby saying her doesn't listen to her - I appreciate that Ruby didn't edit that out. Saying she was changing to have less negative energy in the last vlog- I found that refreshing.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I don't see how she can be so calm after losing her kids. I've seen moms crying, running around frantic, getting the customer service to make announcements. She just walked slowly with no assistance until she stumbled upon them.

Also, how can you be so careless that you don't notice them wandering off. Also why aren't the kids trained to stay near her, most kids are told to stand still.

It's not gonna be so funny when tragedy strikes and she's on the news instead of youtube.

Last thing, those kids are getting real spoiled. Russell can't go to school, but he's sure smart enough to know when sponsor packages come in at the Post Office or when viewer gifts arrive full of treats and candy.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Thats what makes me think sometimes she "loses" her kids a little bit for show. Like she knows where they are overall in the store- but its just so much more interesting to pretend they were lost! Not that that is even normal... that is odd too. When I am out of the house with kids, they are within my eyesight every single moment we are in a parking lot or store.
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

1 rotisserie chicken and noodles for dinner for 6 six and 1 adult?

She is too calm with her kids going missing in the store. Unless it was staged. Someone in the comments said maybe she disciplines her kids off camera but their behavior is not reflective of that from what she shows on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

daisy1000 wrote:1 rotisserie chicken and noodles for dinner for 6 six and 1 adult?

She is too calm with her kids going missing in the store. Unless it was staged. Someone in the comments said maybe she disciplines her kids off camera but their behavior is not reflective of that from what she shows on camera.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I meant 6 kids*
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

I hate to beat a dead horse but l am jaw dropped....this woman thinks it's just life as usual when she looses her 3&5 yr old. I don't get it!!! I am far from a perfect parent and get mistakes happen but l can honestly say l have 3 kids and l have never just lost one off somewhere in the store!!! Something awful is gonna happen! ;-(

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

It's not the first time so at this point she just got used to it.
Didn't you see the vlog where she can't find Evil and she is climbed on some shelves because there was a toy house and employees had to find her?
And there are plenty of examples, but hei good footage and they need to buy a new house!
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

Vincere wrote:It's not the first time so at this point she just got used to it.
Didn't you see the vlog where she can't find Evil and she is climbed on some shelves because there was a toy house and employees had to find her?
And there are plenty of examples, but hei good footage and they need to buy a new house!
I remember, it was at a Sams club so Eve would have had to be missing for awhile because those shelves are high up.
The food thing to me is crazy, maybe because I was born in a different time but growing up, we had a meat, veggie, bread and fruit at every dinner, if by chance we had a big pot of soup then we would have a sandwich (grilled cheese or ham and cheese) or at the very least, bread with it.
alicesmo
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alicesmo »

I think that was staged... when she ''finds'' the kids Eve says something about being in the cart and about running around. Perhaps meaning that Ruby made her sit in the cart because she was running around the store?
Eitherway it's both ridiculous to ''lose'' young kids so often in stores and ridiculous too to leave the kids alone somwhere in the store while she pretends she lost them..
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

I don't see a problem with the way she feeds the kids. I would much rather see kids that look like hers than overweight out of shape fat children.

Her kids eat breakfast, a school lunch, a snack as soon as they walk in the door, and dinner. Maybe it would help to start introducing more variety now that she's not living off of food storage, but I hope she doesn't start putting a feast on the table each meal.

Her kids will probably all end up thin like her because they are disciplined to eat just enough and not too much like some of you want to see.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Sorry but noodles/pasta chicken and jar store brought pesto is not "super" healthy. The amount of oil that is put in a lot jar pesto sauce is crazy. And not one vegetable in sight. It's a very quick meal but definitely not healthy.I do a meal very similar to what she does but I use brown pasta (quick question: i have noticed in the US you call pasta/spaghetti noodles? In Europe spaghetti is pasta and noodles are more what we used for Thai food or Japanese food. Is it common to call pasta noodles or is it different by different state? ) anyway brown pasta chicken green pesto but a lot of spinach mixed into the sauce with maybe some walnuts. I know kids are picky but the spinach doesn't give too much of a bitter taste and it just makes it healthier. I would do my own pesto sauce but it's kind of expensive to make. Your dish sounds lovely Ruby but it's not healthy just very quick to make.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yes, in the USA pasta/noodles are pretty much interchangeable. And kids need bigger servings of protein than splitting a rotisserie chicken between seven people.
I get the point that especially in the USA, servings are in general huge, and not only is our society leaning towards overweight, we waste a lot of food, but there's a continuum, and the Griffiths seem to tend too far too the other end, and have a weird relationship with food. The small servings but obsession with "treats", isn't right.
And all you have to do is open one of those store bought pestos to see all the oil. It's so easy to make homemade pesto, and there's an asparagus pesto that is super yummy and better for you.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

How is allowing a variety of options on the table going to create fat children? Unhealthy food options, and potentially not allowing your children to feel full or always wanting more can create children who grow up with bad food habits. We always have a meat/fish, a starch, vegetable and/or fruit available for each meal. There's nothing wrong with your dinner looking like a "feast" as long as you're instilling appropriate meal portions. If I fed my children or even myself soup and bread most nights, we'd be bored out of our minds craving other foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenfly125
Talker
Talker

Unread post by greenfly125 »

freshbalsam wrote:How is allowing a variety of options on the table going to create fat children? Unhealthy food options, and potentially not allowing your children to feel full or always wanting more can create children who grow up with bad food habits. We always have a meat/fish, a starch, vegetable and/or fruit available for each meal. There's nothing wrong with your dinner looking like a "feast" as long as you're instilling appropriate meal portions. If I fed my children or even myself soup and bread most nights, we'd be bored out of our minds craving other foods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I was brought up on small meals and having to ask for food, rather than helping myself. I had an unhealthy relationship with food growing up. Sneaking biscuits from the tin without asking and hiding them in my room, buying sweets and chocolates on my way home from school without my mother knowing. When I went to sleepovers when I was 9/10/11 I would eat so much that I would actually make myself vomit. I got over that when I moved out of the family home and started cooking for myself.

I do give my mother credit for a wide variety of meals though.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Re: noodles. My mom, mother-in-law, grandparents, etc always called any sort of pasta "noodles." (Grandma Griff probably does too) My family's from the Midwest, and my husband's is from the deep South, so I'm not sure it's a regional thing. He and I both use the name of the actual pasta, ie egg noodles, linguine, etc. Perhaps this has to do with the recent rise of foodie culture, which we're not exactly part of but which has rubbed off on people our age and younger, who have been heavily exposed to media and probably dined in a variety of restaurants with more sophisticated menu items (and descriptions) than our parents and older generations were accustomed to.

As for Ruby's meals - I don't think she needs to give them larger portions of pasta, rice, white bread, etc. But there ought to be a LOT more vegetables and fruits, and probably more protein. I don't consider balanced meals with adequate nutrition to be serving a feast every night.

Most of Ruby's kids will probably get her family's naturally thin figures, but Kevin has to actively fight paunchiness and we saw Shari restrict sugar and get involved in sports, which helped her trim down a bit. Not that she was ever overweight - but I think she has to try harder than Ruby and her sisters to stay thin.

I agree that a portion-restricted diet based on white carbs and "treats" is unlikely to create a healthy relationship with food. Feeling hungry (and getting cravings due to poor nutrition) can lead to hoarding, sneaking, and binging on unhealthy stuff, at least in my experience. Ruby now has the income to provide a better diet for her kids, and I can't understand why she doesn't.

Along the same line of thought, but more nitpicky - we know Ruby has no aversion to giving the kids loads of chores, so I wish she would switch out some of their responsibilities and instead get them involved in (healthy) meal planning and prep. I was left in charge of cooking dinner nightly with crappy, limited ingredients from the age of 10, which I can't really recommend. But I have enjoyed getting my stepgirl involved in meal prep from the time she was a toddler, which has been massively rewarding and has resulted in a girl Shari's age with a palate far more adventurous than my own.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

I think the reason Ruby doesn't do better things now that she has more money is due to the lack of education and experiences.
We could see from her failed attempt at homeschooling that she doesn't know much. Furthermore, she only interacts with her family and thus she doesn't learn new recipes, ideas, suggestions from other people.
phie20
Informer
Informer

Unread post by phie20 »

I have a question about homeschooling: is there some kind of evaluation at the end of school year, like a test with a real teacher to see if the child has learned enough to pass the class?
I basically don't know anything about it's rules, is it different from state to state? Homeschooling is forbidden in my country...

I wonder if Russell would pass anything like such a test at the end... When was the last time we've seen him studying? Besides playing doc :?

Return to “8 Passengers”