• Advertisement

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Postby lmmomSD » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:04 pm

crowmtmom78 wrote:No matter what color the walls are, or what backsplash they use, or countertops, someone is not going to like it. I have never known of anyone buying a house that someone else built and not loving every single thing about the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

True. But it's surprising how many people can't see past paint and tile to the prospects of the house itself. I have a friend who got an incredible deal on a house because it was painted and wallpapered horrendously. Nobody could see beyond the red flocked dining room wallpaper and Pepto bismol pink bathroom.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:59 am

MG on Cullen's insta singing ABC's was so freaking CUTE!! Her LMNOP... :lol: She sang 90% of it with no prompting.. everyone get ready for Ollie to try to do this on a vlog soon.. that will be entertaining. (Seriously though, MG is a prime example of how just a little effort goes such a long way with teaching your kids. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT BRYAN AND MISSY!!!!!!!)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:22 am

crowmtmom78 wrote:No matter what color the walls are, or what backsplash they use, or countertops, someone is not going to like it. I have never known of anyone buying a house that someone else built and not loving every single thing about the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

True, every buyer is going to want to put their own stamp on the home. But there are a surprising number of people who will rule out a home because of too many cosmetic changes that they'll need to make, especially if it's kitchen and bathrooms. They say kitchens sell homes. And to be fair, repainting and tile work aren't necessarily cheap projects if you want it professionally done. It would be several thousand dollars. Real estate agents will tell you it's an easy fix, but they're trying to get you to buy a house. I'm assuming their target market is a young professional couples looking for a starter home like they were when they bought it. I think younger buyers are going to find the changes they've made to be rather dated. Maybe buyers won't care and will be willing to live with it until they can afford to change it. It really depends on the other homes on the market in their area and what they're up against. I stand by my assertion that black granite is the absolute worst in terms of keeping it clean. Every speck of dust and every fingerprint showed up on mine when I had it in a rental. I kept that in mind when we were house hunting.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby HashtagBlessed » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:27 am

I will say that I think their next home will be very nice and move-in-ready. There are a lot of modern, new construction homes in their area in planned communities that are very affordable due to the fact that they're in suburban Alabama.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:19 am

Oh Cullen.. he makes my heart ache. It really is the little things that really get you, i know something as simple as throwing out those beers was super emotional for him. He made me tear up. Much love Cullen, if you do read here.. :love2:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Postby Scar2016 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:28 am

Playsinrain wrote:MG on Cullen's insta singing ABC's was so freaking CUTE!! Her LMNOP... :lol: She sang 90% of it with no prompting.. everyone get ready for Ollie to try to do this on a vlog soon.. that will be entertaining. (Seriously though, MG is a prime example of how just a little effort goes such a long way with teaching your kids. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT BRYAN AND MISSY!!!!!!!)

Super cute. And Brook's head popping up at bottom of the screen reminded me of a Cullen stunt. ''Huh. Hi guys. What am I doin here?'' Lol
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
True Gossiper

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Not coming at this from a snarky angle, as C&K are the only vloggers I genuinely like, but didn't Katie say she planned to upload a video a week on KatieOnTheFlipSide not that long ago, or am I mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby Strawberry26 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:49 pm

I would of kept the beer and put it on display somewhere. I know how cullen feels, kinda made me tear up too. When I see my late father's stuff I get emotional as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Strawberry26
Informer

Postby angelfire89 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 pm

I haven't seen the vlog but I saw a pic on Instagram. Their counter/back splash is almost exactly the same as Oscar/Felix's on the new Odd Couple. Maybe it's a new popular thing. I think it looks nice but... I agree it's maybe not neutral enough for selling.
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby Scar2016 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:58 pm

Cullen said his dad was living/staying with them in the basement room? Were his parents divorced?
Scar2016
True Gossiper

Postby larissaledingham » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:33 am

Scar2016 wrote:Cullen said his dad was living/staying with them in the basement room? Were his parents divorced?

It was when his dad had cancer and was doing chemo I think it was so someone was always close to him with grandberry working out of the home

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
larissaledingham
Informer

Postby ferriswheel » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:45 am

Scar2016 wrote:Cullen said his dad was living/staying with them in the basement room? Were his parents divorced?

I don't know if they were actually divorced, but they weren't together anymore. I know his dad was living out of state.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Peace, Love and Animal Crackers
ferriswheel
True Gossiper

Postby Lurker4Life » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:00 am

Gre wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Gre wrote:Is it actually frowned upon in America to speak in a third person manner? It's interesting to see so many people pointing it out when where I live, people try to keep children doing so for as long as they could (not necessarily everywhere they go, but more when they are around family and relatives) because they see it as a sign of respect.

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

Forgive my ignorance here but it's a sign of respect to refer to yourself in the 3rd person? as in its more respectful for Sally to say "Sally is going for a walk!" insead of "I'm going for a walk!"?

As weird as it sounds, yes! As PoptheButterfly has said, it must be a cultural thing. People, especially the older generation, prefers 3rd person over first. Saying I or me (especially the non-formal version) is considered impolite. I still do that when talking to my parents' friends and colleagues and even relatives. The younger ones didn't do it that much tho. But then again, we're half a globe apart. Some differences are expected, right?

Sent from my Lenovo P1a42 using Tapatalk

That's really interesting, I'm across the world from America too, so we are "neighbours" probably but its cool that through our gossip we learn more about other cultures
Lurker4Life
Informer

Postby PhoenixFeathers » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 am

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Not coming at this from a snarky angle, as C&K are the only vloggers I genuinely like, but didn't Katie say she planned to upload a video a week on KatieOnTheFlipSide not that long ago, or am I mistaken?

She did. According to insta they did film one this week. I wish she'd make more of an effort to do videos on her channel. I always enjoy them.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
PhoenixFeathers
Talker

Postby Strawberry26 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:19 am

I don't know why Katie can't edit her own videos....

Strawberry26
Informer

Postby tratra58 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Strawberry26 wrote:I don't know why Katie can't edit her own videos....

Good question. Why doesn't she do this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:14 pm

tratra58 wrote:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Katie doesn't film them herself either, but does it really matter? The content is hers alone for the most part. It used to bother me when she first started her channel that she always had Cullen there, I wan't used to it. But now it doesn't bother me because I realize how very much they like doing things together, just like best friends. And as far as editing goes, Cullen really enjoys it and has said so many times. I get the impression that Katie really isn't interested in editing. Maybe her time is better spent doing something else?
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby staceyeileen » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:10 pm

I'm behind on vlogs.... did you all catch that Grandberry was knitting a hat for someone to wear to the women's march in DC on Jan 21? Interesting that Cullen would keep that political statement in the vlog.
staceyeileen
Informer

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

This is probably nitpicking. But did the knocking on the window scene seem totally set up? Cullen had the camera and was dancing around the kitchen with Brooks (who is way too cute, BTW) and then Katie, who was gone picking up Gaines from Grand-dolly's house, all of a sudden had the camera. And she was holding Gaines up to the window and filming (which sounds like a recipe for disaster anyway). I know it's nitpicking. But the whole acting surprised just didn't come off.
And what was that comment about how Katie was reading in a baby book, and "apparently Brooks is going to have a regression". Every baby is different. Some babies do things that the baby books say they will, but it's not a guarantee. Maybe he'll be fine. I'm not even sure what he was talking about! It was just weird.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby madi_b_123 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:16 pm

They mentioned in the comments that they are planning on painting the kitchen a neutral color. I think this will help so much! In my opinion the green does not match the overall appearance of the kitchen and having a more neutral color will help sell the house.

madi_b_123
Talker

Postby WhatSheSaid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:08 pm

staceyeileen wrote:I'm behind on vlogs.... did you all catch that Grandberry was knitting a hat for someone to wear to the women's march in DC on Jan 21? Interesting that Cullen would keep that political statement in the vlog.

I was delighted to hear it was for a "new friend" at the Million Woman March that she wouldn't know until she saw the hat on her. Gaines, and Katie too, are imo very lucky to have a woman in their lives to learn from by example. Upon googling the MWM, I was struck by such a hit women were taking in this election cycle. Good for GrandBerry!
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:36 pm

lmmomSD wrote:This is probably nitpicking. But did the knocking on the window scene seem totally set up? Cullen had the camera and was dancing around the kitchen with Brooks (who is way too cute, BTW) and then Katie, who was gone picking up Gaines from Grand-dolly's house, all of a sudden had the camera. And she was holding Gaines up to the window and filming (which sounds like a recipe for disaster anyway). I know it's nitpicking. But the whole acting surprised just didn't come off.
And what was that comment about how Katie was reading in a baby book, and "apparently Brooks is going to have a regression". Every baby is different. Some babies do things that the baby books say they will, but it's not a guarantee. Maybe he'll be fine. I'm not even sure what he was talking about! It was just weird.

I think the regression talk was an attempt to make an allowance for Brooks being fussy perhaps. So that's why he was dancing and boxing with him instead of doing the dishes. I think he said "Brooks wasn't having it." My kids are all grown, so I'm not up on a lot of the new parenting info and theories. I never heard of regression until Gaines was a baby. But I suppose Katie would know about that.

I think Katie was sneaking up on Cullen, going around the back, to check up on what he was doing with Brooks to be honest. I don't think it was set up because 1) It just has never really been Katie's style. 2) She had Gaines with her and she's likely to be a bust. 3) Cullen didn't really act too surprised. If it was set up, I think Cullen would've acted the fool playing it
up. I do agree with you though, Brooks is as cute as can be! When Katie behind Cullen, was moving him from one side to the other I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear as I was thoroughly entertained. And, as Katie pointed out, you can only talk about an old fridge for so long. Lol, it reminded me of when Katie was showing a clothing haul for Brooks as Cullen went on and on about something a few months ago. They make a good team!
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:02 pm

Seemed to me like Brooks was teething, and that would explain fussiness. He was shoving _everything_ into his mouth. I know that's the age too, but the focus was suspicious for teething. It was into the mouth, gnaw, gnaw, gnaw...
Personally, I would give any dad a pass for dancing with his kids instead of doing dishes. The only bummer was that he was using the headphones so Brooks couldn't hear the music too.
Agree to disagree on the setup. Not that it really matters.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:53 pm

At 5-6 months for my youngest he drooled like crazy all the time. His fist and everything else went in his mouth and he had to wear a bib. No teeth came until 8 months though. It was just a phase.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper

Postby Scar2016 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:07 am

tratra58 wrote:

I found it interesting that Katie didn't sit down and at least learn the basics the week her sister was over at their house learning how to edit. I get that editing is Cullen's baby but it never hurts to have a backup.
Scar2016
True Gossiper

PreviousNext

Return to Cullen and Katie