E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

RecklessDisregard wrote:Jared's brother Ryan is a stay at home Dad. He is married to Anne's mom, Maria, who I think is a dentist. My guess is she's at home in Colorado, working. She has a blog called Raising Mecham, where she wrote a thoughtful post about the potential negative consequences of YouTube careers (but responded to a negative comment about E+J saying she didn't agree they had changed for the worse). In the past, Anne's parents have mostly tried to keep her out of the vlogs, or at least film her only from behind or profile so that her face wasn't in frame (same deal for Matt's much smaller vlog).
She is a dental hygienist.

And they have a beautiful piece of land out in the country in Colorado. A true property, unlike E and J's version of "property" haha...
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

skyblueandblack wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:That play kitchen was $699 btw...
I love the sink oven part of these high end wooden kitchens- but I always end up feeling like the refridgeraters look just like a simple cabinet. I feel like if you are going to go for that simple look- why not consider having someone local make one of the cute painted pinteresty type ones- out of an old piece of furniture. (If you spend a lot of time on pinterest looking at kids stuff- you've seen this DIY style.)

I felt the same way about Ollie's kitchen.

I always feel like why not something like this one and its only 150- and IMO- just as nice as the 700.00 one they got.

I just realized that this is the same one that Gaines got for Christmas, only in a different color! It so much more realistic and has so many more features to it than the $700 E&J got!!! I would totally pick this one over E&J's any day, even if price wasn't a factor!
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

I know they have a lot of money and probably not a lot of debt.... But wouldn't you be afraid of YouTube just ending one day? Then what?
I know we've talked about this before.... But I worry for all these families who both are at home and are solely relying on YouTube and sponsorships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

Just because Calvin is a toddler, they need to stop acting like everything he does is cute. His behavior with Penny (including sitting on her) is not cute. He is not "soft" with her what so ever.
Denlillehavfrue
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Denlillehavfrue »

Just because Calvin is a toddler, they need to stop acting like everything he does is cute. His behavior with Penny (including sitting on her) is not cute. He is not "soft" with her what so ever.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Denlillehavfrue wrote:Just because Calvin is a toddler, they need to stop acting like everything he does is cute. His behavior with Penny (including sitting on her) is not cute. He is not "soft" with her what so ever.
This. Even the nicest dog can nip out of instinct if hurt or startked. Labs tend to be gentle, but kids need to learn that not all dogs are. One benefit to having a family pet is being able to watch and learn their body language. It isn't hard if you know what to look for (and respect what they are telling you).

How hard is it to teach your children to respect animals? I don't think my kids have ever tried to sit on the dog. Maybe I've just stopped them before they even had the chance...
alexandriablue
Talker
Talker

Unread post by alexandriablue »

calliepaige84 wrote:I know they have a lot of money and probably not a lot of debt.... But wouldn't you be afraid of YouTube just ending one day? Then what?
I know we've talked about this before.... But I worry for all these families who both are at home and are solely relying on YouTube and sponsorships.

I think for a lot of vloggers this should definitely be a concern. However, as annoying as I think Jared is, I do think he works hard to attend events, network with other creators, go to business meetings, etc...and seems like he may be trying to branch out into technology reviews. If YouTube ended I do think he would have a good skillset to continue in a business/marketing or related field. Ellie, on the other hand, is just going to be a SAHM for the rest of her life? After her kids are school aged or go off to college, I'm not sure what she will do with herself. Go back to hairdressing? Be a housewife?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

alexandriablue wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I know they have a lot of money and probably not a lot of debt.... But wouldn't you be afraid of YouTube just ending one day? Then what?

I think for a lot of vloggers this should definitely be a concern. However, as annoying as I think Jared is, I do think he works hard to attend events, network with other creators, go to business meetings, etc...and seems like he may be trying to branch out into technology reviews. If YouTube ended I do think he would have a good skillset to continue in a business/marketing or related field. Ellie, on the other hand, is just going to be a SAHM for the rest of her life? After her kids are school aged or go off to college, I'm not sure what she will do with herself. Go back to hairdressing? Be a housewife?
If YT interest somehow goes down though, there will be actual tech review YTers looking for work as well. Jared is the YT equivalent of someone that works at Verizon. If anything he'll be able to do something like his dad, and it's debatable how profitable that business is if Jared is actually giving them money as speculated.

If the money starts drying up YTers will start selling of all of the material possessions they've amassed. How depressing would that be to experience your success in reverse.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

One of the many things I found irritating about watching Dora the Explorer with kids in the early 2000s was how much Dora yelled at the audience ("LET'S LOOK AT THE MAP!!!"). Jared yells significantly louder and more frequently than Dora.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

Scar2016 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Looks like Ellie may be double dipping on the sponsorships. A healthy diet/weight loss website and Mott's fruit snacks.
Surprised it's not a Fondue set sponsorship. We know how they enjoy that sort of double dipping.
LOL Yuck:)
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
alexandriablue wrote:

If YT interest somehow goes down though, there will be actual tech review YTers looking for work as well. Jared is the YT equivalent of someone that works at Verizon. If anything he'll be able to do something like his dad, and it's debatable how profitable that business is if Jared is actually giving them money as speculated.

If the money starts drying up YTers will start selling of all of the material possessions they've amassed. How depressing would that be to experience your success in reverse.
Success in reverse...I never heard that term, but it is a good analogy.

I wonder if Jared taking a few business classes wouldn't be a good idea so you have a Plan B. He has the time and money to do this.

I laughed at Ellie using their Emergency Fund ($400.00) for a skin routine, but in the end it was the start to their YouTube success. Jared letting this big purchases go when he was working at a lower paying job says a lot. That had to be a lot of money to them back in the day.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They really are vulnerable. I wrote a message and another poster responded/wrote a message yesterday about YouTube is changing on Cullen and Katie's message board since Cullen seem to recognize this.
Bottom line, it is all about the kid audience who are the ones watching YouTube.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:To be honest, I really liked some of the ideas for presents for Jackson's birthday. I think it's really more about tearing wrapping paper open and celebrating the day than anything else, especially when you're three. I liked the painting idea and the kitchen idea a lot. Both are things that will last for a long time, and I don't think there's anything wrong with Jackson sharing them with his brother- it's kind of the nature of the gift- although do think it would be nice to give Calvin something along the same lines for his birthday, too. I also liked that Bonnie let her kids wrap up random things for Jackson- I thought it was rather cute! I think it's nice Ellie gave Jackson her old play food. My friend gave her kids her old dollhouse as a Christmas present from Santa last year and they loved it. It's better for the environment as it cuts down on all the unnecessary stuff! I am not saying Ellie does not favour Calvin (I really don't know enough to say- and I definitely DO agree that favourtism can take its tolls on children for SURE) but in all I think that the presents they gave Jackson for his birthday were nice. I even liked the clock! :)
I liked them, but I think the kitchen was way overpriced. Their money to waste, not mine though!

The clock I don't have a problem with exactly, but I feel like it's heading a bit too much into the "something you need" territory like we've seen with Ruby (her daughter got new sheets). He got other things though, so I'm fine with it.
They are likely making so much money right now they have enough for savings and extravagant spending.
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

Jackson's birthday haul was so adorable.

As for the vlog....Calvin jumping on Penny's back and everybody thinking how cute it is? No. Calvin is a tyrant. I can't stand that kid, and it's Ellie's fault. Calvin playing alone downstairs while everybody else is upstairs? Maybe not too weird, but if my kid had stopped breathing more than once in his short life, I'd probably be a little freaked out by that. Also I like how Ellie finds absolutely no irony in the fact that Jackson wants to be where they are yet his room is in the basement.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Denlillehavfrue wrote:Just because Calvin is a toddler, they need to stop acting like everything he does is cute. His behavior with Penny (including sitting on her) is not cute. He is not "soft" with her what so ever.
This. Even the nicest dog can nip out of instinct if hurt or startked. Labs tend to be gentle, but kids need to learn that not all dogs are. One benefit to having a family pet is being able to watch and learn their body language. It isn't hard if you know what to look for (and respect what they are telling you).

How hard is it to teach your children to respect animals? I don't think my kids have ever tried to sit on the dog. Maybe I've just stopped them before they even had the chance...
I don't think Ellie will react well if her Calvin is bitten by Penny which is an accident waiting to happen. Jared should be more careful and keep Calvin at a distance. She was passive aggressive when Penny broke the vase in the bathroom...I think she wasn't happy at all and is still talking about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pency
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Pency »

HelloSweetie wrote:

Well, it's not surprising that Ellie is unconcerned, considering there is an old video of her parents urging her to take a bone out of her dog's mouth when she was a toddler.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I always get extra irritated when they showcase Calvin's whiney personality for the mere fact that I know Ellie thinks it's cute. However, I don't know why it never occurred to me before that Jared is the one who edits the vlogs so it is, in fact, Jared who puts these clips in.

That means Jared supports that behavior and probably thinks it's cute too, no? *sigh* I guess I just had been holding out hope/had the idea that Jared's the one who would attempt to correct Cal when he acts this way.

Also, OT but something I found interesting. I recently watched some old E+J vlogs where they take away Jackson's pacifier/transition him to a toddler bed, and it turns out they actually got rid of Cal's binky when he was younger than Jackson. Granted, Jackson had only been allowed to use his at nap time for a while beforehand.

I really wonder why they chose to take away Cal's sooner, and cold turkey without weaning him off by giving it just at nap time? My assumption is that it must have a direct correlation with something the dentist told them about the way his teeth have come in, but god forbid E+J disclose that and shatter their perfect image.

carol_argentina
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by carol_argentina »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I can't unsee that gif!! (From the previous thread, the sex one lol)
Hi!! I'm new here :) I'm sorry, I'm too far behind on the posts, I can't seem to find that gif, and I'm curious to see it loool
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Pency wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

Well, it's not surprising that Ellie is unconcerned, considering there is an old video of her parents urging her to take a bone out of her dog's mouth when she was a toddler.
And have video of the kids actually riding that dog. Poor thing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

lmmomSD wrote: Well, it's not surprising that Ellie is unconcerned, considering there is an old video of her parents urging her to take a bone out of her dog's mouth when she was a toddler.
And have video of the kids actually riding that dog. Poor thing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk[/quote]

The Griffiths also let her have puppies just like Ruby did with her dog. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they decided to breed Penny for cute puppy footage given they all seem to think selling puppies is a good way to earn a little extra money.

Oh, and look at poor Sunny's swayback. I'm sure being ridden had nothing to do with it :x
DSC00621.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”