Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Playsinrain »

calliepaige84 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:Are they going to California next week for DB album party

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately i think they are. Cullen made some hints on twitter..
Bleh!

i feel the same way, i hate when they are with DB..
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I personally think they should have gone with a neutral backsplash if they're doing it simply to put the house on the market. Why coordinate with colors on the wall if the new owners will likely repaint to their taste? A simple subway tile would have sufficed and appeals to more buyers. If I walked in to that house as a potential buyer, I'd find the backsplash tile rather dated. They need to approach this kitchen facelift as a way to appeal to as many buyers as possible and not do it with their personal taste in mind.
I agree and I would have asked a realtor for suggestions. I think a fresh coat of neutral paint would be enough and save your money. Subway tile would be my second choice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

Ughhh not that my opinion really matters but that backsplash....just NO! It looks like salt and pepper all over the walls.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

tratra58 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I personally think they should have gone with a neutral backsplash if they're doing it simply to put the house on the market. Why coordinate with colors on the wall if the new owners will likely repaint to their taste? A simple subway tile would have sufficed and appeals to more buyers. If I walked in to that house as a potential buyer, I'd find the backsplash tile rather dated. They need to approach this kitchen facelift as a way to appeal to as many buyers as possible and not do it with their personal taste in mind.
I agree and I would have asked a realtor for suggestions. I think a fresh coat of neutral paint would be enough and save your money. Subway tile would be my second choice.

Good point! The previous owners of our home just slapped some paint up there, which I appreciated because it meant I could choose my own tile back splash without having to do any demolition. I think those small multi-colored glass tiles were popular maybe 5 or 10 years ago?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:
tratra58 wrote:

Good point! The previous owners of our home just slapped some paint up there, which I appreciated because it meant I could choose my own tile back splash without having to do any demolition. I think those small multi-colored glass tiles were popular maybe 5 or 10 years ago?
Yikes...I still have this and if given a choice I would replace it with white subway tile.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I must have bad taste lol Bc I hate HATE subway tile. I think it looks cheap and generic. I really love the small tiles like what they have or river stones like what I plan on using when we build. Taste is subjective though and something like backsplash is easily replaced if the new buyers don't like it.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Playsinrain wrote:I must have bad taste lol Bc I hate HATE subway tile. I think it looks cheap and generic. I really love the small tiles like what they have or river stones like what I plan on using when we build. Taste is subjective though and something like backsplash is easily replaced if the new buyers don't like it.
LOL..no not bad taste it is subjective. I think that is why you have to stay so neutral when selling a home.

marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

I dont hate the backsplash but i think its definitely too much with the dark counters.

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

To me, subway tile is actually a timeless, classic look, because it has been used in homes since the turn of the century. I think it's understated and elegant. I can see why some people think it's too generic, because it's so ubiquitous, but it pays to find something neutral with wide appeal when you're putting a house on the market. If you're investing the time and money to update something that you hope will be a selling feature, you don't want buyers to think, "Well, that's one more thing we'll have to pay to redo" because you chose something loud and taste specific.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

No matter what color the walls are, or what backsplash they use, or countertops, someone is not going to like it. I have never known of anyone buying a house that someone else built and not loving every single thing about the house.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

crowmtmom78 wrote:No matter what color the walls are, or what backsplash they use, or countertops, someone is not going to like it. I have never known of anyone buying a house that someone else built and not loving every single thing about the house.

True. But it's surprising how many people can't see past paint and tile to the prospects of the house itself. I have a friend who got an incredible deal on a house because it was painted and wallpapered horrendously. Nobody could see beyond the red flocked dining room wallpaper and Pepto bismol pink bathroom.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MG on Cullen's insta singing ABC's was so freaking CUTE!! Her LMNOP... :lol: She sang 90% of it with no prompting.. everyone get ready for Ollie to try to do this on a vlog soon.. that will be entertaining. (Seriously though, MG is a prime example of how just a little effort goes such a long way with teaching your kids. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT BRYAN AND MISSY!!!!!!!)
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

crowmtmom78 wrote:No matter what color the walls are, or what backsplash they use, or countertops, someone is not going to like it. I have never known of anyone buying a house that someone else built and not loving every single thing about the house.

True, every buyer is going to want to put their own stamp on the home. But there are a surprising number of people who will rule out a home because of too many cosmetic changes that they'll need to make, especially if it's kitchen and bathrooms. They say kitchens sell homes. And to be fair, repainting and tile work aren't necessarily cheap projects if you want it professionally done. It would be several thousand dollars. Real estate agents will tell you it's an easy fix, but they're trying to get you to buy a house. I'm assuming their target market is a young professional couples looking for a starter home like they were when they bought it. I think younger buyers are going to find the changes they've made to be rather dated. Maybe buyers won't care and will be willing to live with it until they can afford to change it. It really depends on the other homes on the market in their area and what they're up against. I stand by my assertion that black granite is the absolute worst in terms of keeping it clean. Every speck of dust and every fingerprint showed up on mine when I had it in a rental. I kept that in mind when we were house hunting.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I will say that I think their next home will be very nice and move-in-ready. There are a lot of modern, new construction homes in their area in planned communities that are very affordable due to the fact that they're in suburban Alabama.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oh Cullen.. he makes my heart ache. It really is the little things that really get you, i know something as simple as throwing out those beers was super emotional for him. He made me tear up. Much love Cullen, if you do read here.. :love2:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Playsinrain wrote:MG on Cullen's insta singing ABC's was so freaking CUTE!! Her LMNOP... :lol: She sang 90% of it with no prompting.. everyone get ready for Ollie to try to do this on a vlog soon.. that will be entertaining. (Seriously though, MG is a prime example of how just a little effort goes such a long way with teaching your kids. GET YOUR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT BRYAN AND MISSY!!!!!!!)
Super cute. And Brook's head popping up at bottom of the screen reminded me of a Cullen stunt. ''Huh. Hi guys. What am I doin here?'' Lol
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Not coming at this from a snarky angle, as C&K are the only vloggers I genuinely like, but didn't Katie say she planned to upload a video a week on KatieOnTheFlipSide not that long ago, or am I mistaken?

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I would of kept the beer and put it on display somewhere. I know how cullen feels, kinda made me tear up too. When I see my late father's stuff I get emotional as well.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
angelfire89
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by angelfire89 »

I haven't seen the vlog but I saw a pic on Instagram. Their counter/back splash is almost exactly the same as Oscar/Felix's on the new Odd Couple. Maybe it's a new popular thing. I think it looks nice but... I agree it's maybe not neutral enough for selling.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Cullen said his dad was living/staying with them in the basement room? Were his parents divorced?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”