2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011MoreLiesFromVanessa (part 33)

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

Yogabbagabbat wrote:Nice copy of Britney's video lol. I used to think Britney was petty for getting mad about Vanessa copying her all the time but gotta admit it would irritate me a lot.

I like how she threw in "our king size bed" and "we got the bassinest with the vibrations and music".. things Britney said they didn't have

I call bullshit on Vanessa saying they take out the dockatot while they're all asleep. Ya.right.

Given the condition of V's toenails, David probably insisted on king size for his own safety ;)
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

So she bought the bassinest just to HOLD her freaking doc a tot while he sleeps ?!? lmao. Like okay you could save money and use one or the other!

That's like buying a play pen putting the baby in it, and then putting the play pen inside your crib lmaoo omg

Her voice changed soooo much for this video and she was sooo panicked and out of breathe honestly I think she was panicked because Charlie woke up and he's a cranky baby like you guys said.

Freaking ridiculous why not just put the freaking doc a dot on the bed?!?!?!?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
British25
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by British25 »

Anyone else think she was trying to get one up on Britney by pointing out that their bassinest has the lights, vibrations, white noise etc? I feel like B was trying to make a point about only having the basic one after people were saying she spends too much, and now V is making a point about having the 'better' one straight after?! Seems weird that either of them would spend so long describing whether a bassinet does or does not have extra features when the video was supposed to be a 'nursery set up'.. As in this is where he sleeps, this is where we store changing things, this is where his clothes are...

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

No-
Mostly because I couldn't care enough.
In the name of the moon, I shall gossip about you.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I don't normally watch her videos but have to defend her a little. You cannot spoil a newborn. Their entire world was your tummy and coming into the big wide world is scary for them. They call it the 4th trimester. Some babies aren't happy unless being held and that's how it should be!

And as for the dockatot it's meant to be inside a crib or bassinet. The point of it is to make the baby feel more safe and inclosed. Putting it in the bed is very unsafe. What is the other option? The floor? My son had colic and cried a lot. I always wondered if it was my fault because I was breastfeeding. He was also small. He is still small and a year old and it had nothing to do with my milk he is just a little boy.

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

I don't have a problem with the dockatot. Just that it makes me nervous.

Short sad story; I said on Britneys thread that it makes me nervous as my best friends friend two month old died in a freak accident. The baby suffocated/asphyxiated as she somehow pushed herself into the top of it face first. The mother had used it for her eldest child and never had a problem with it. A complete freak accident.

Out of duty to the mother whos been saying the same, I only suggest is don't leave him alone in it. Keep an eye on him when he's using it.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yue195 wrote:I don't have a problem with the dockatot. Just that it makes me nervous.

Short sad story; I said on Britneys thread that it makes me nervous as my best friends friend two month old died in a freak accident. The baby suffocated/asphyxiated as she somehow pushed herself into the top of it face first. The mother had used it for her eldest child and never had a problem with it. A complete freak accident.

Out of duty to the mother whos been saying the same, I only suggest is don't leave him alone in it. Keep an eye on him when he's using it.
Well yeah you are not supposed to have baby in anything except an empty bassinet or crib to prevent sids. All the dock a tots and baby positioners can be dangerous and should only be used supervised such as during naps. That said thousands of people use them with no problem. I wish dumb stuff like that would just be taken off the market.

Yue195
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yue195 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Yue195 wrote:I don't have a problem with the dockatot. Just that it makes me nervous.

Well yeah you are not supposed to have baby in anything except an empty bassinet or crib to prevent sids. All the dock a tots and baby positioners can be dangerous and should only be used supervised such as during naps. That said thousands of people use them with no problem. I wish dumb stuff like that would just be taken off the market.

That's what the mother is campaigning for, to have them removed from the market, or at least have bigger warning labels. My friend got too upset to talk about it so I don't know what the whole story if it was in a bassinet or not. Just that she somehow pushed her self to the top and suffocated.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Well, at least when Vanessa says Lily's room is destroyed it's actually destroyed, unlike Brit who sees 1 toy on the floor and is like OMG MY HOUSE IS SUCH A MESS.

BTW, Lily is absolutely adorable.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I don't normally watch her videos but have to defend her a little. You cannot spoil a newborn. Their entire world was your tummy and coming into the big wide world is scary for them. They call it the 4th trimester. Some babies aren't happy unless being held and that's how it should be!

And as for the dockatot it's meant to be inside a crib or bassinet. The point of it is to make the baby feel more safe and inclosed. Putting it in the bed is very unsafe. What is the other option? The floor? My son had colic and cried a lot. I always wondered if it was my fault because I was breastfeeding. He was also small. He is still small and a year old and it had nothing to do with my milk he is just a little boy.

You're totally wrong about the dockatot...

From their website:

Is DockATot™ suitable for cribs and/or bassinets?
No, DockATot™ is not intended for use in cribs or bassinets. DockATot™ Grand can only be used in a toddler bed or big kid-sized bed, once the child is at least nine months old, and then only placed at a height that allows the child to safely descend on his own.

Can the DockATot™ be used for co-sleeping (bed-sharing)?

We at DockATot™ recognize that many people believe strongly that infants and young children should never sleep with adults in their bed while others believe—equally strongly—that such co-sleeping provides valuable emotional benefits. Our founder is a passionate bed-sharer and co-slept with both of her boys when they were infants, using the dock. When used in an adult bed properly, DockATot™ is safe for co-sleeping. Be sure to follow these important instructions: DockATot™ should always be placed in the middle of the bed (not near the sides) and at the top of the bed during co-sleeping. DockATot™ and its protective sides facilitate correct back positioning while preventing the baby from rolling out of bed, hitting his head against the headboard, getting caught between the bed and the wall or wriggling down under the covers. The sides also help prevent parents from rolling on top of the baby. The sides are also comfy enough for the parent to have his/her arm over the side to pat and reassure the baby.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yes and the American academy of pediatrics says not to bedshare and also not to put anything into the crib. Therefore that thing shouldn't exist. Baby should be placed on their back into a flat surface such as a crib with no loose sheets blankets or anything else. Yes some people bedshare and are fine but the dockatot would most likely be more dangerous. I know slot of people though that used it like vanessa inside the crib. Some babies don't sleep at night and moms are desperate and will do anything for them to sleep.

The only safe way to bedshare is with no pillows or sheets or anything else on the bed.

amykay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amykay »

On snapchat she posted that Charlie needed a change of clothes after he blew out of his diaper. "Good thing mom has a change of clothes!" "Good thing mom keeps extra clothes in the diaper bag!"

Like NO SHIT Vanessa. I'm pretty sure every mother has a change of clothes in their diaper bag... that's what they are for. You aren't super mom because you had a change of clothes for your baby
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

What is it with the moms on YT? They are all acting like they never had babies before.

Yogabbagabbat
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Yogabbagabbat »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Yes and the American academy of pediatrics says not to bedshare and also not to put anything into the crib. Therefore that thing shouldn't exist. Baby should be placed on their back into a flat surface such as a crib with no loose sheets blankets or anything else. Yes some people bedshare and are fine but the dockatot would most likely be more dangerous. I know slot of people though that used it like vanessa inside the crib. Some babies don't sleep at night and moms are desperate and will do anything for them to sleep.

The only safe way to bedshare is with no pillows or sheets or anything else on the bed.

You said the dockatot is meant to be in a bassinet or crib... it's not.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Yogabbagabbat wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Yes and the American academy of pediatrics says not to bedshare and also not to put anything into the crib. Therefore that thing shouldn't exist. Baby should be placed on their back into a flat surface such as a crib with no loose sheets blankets or anything else. Yes some people bedshare and are fine but the dockatot would most likely be more dangerous. I know slot of people though that used it like vanessa inside the crib. Some babies don't sleep at night and moms are desperate and will do anything for them to sleep.

You said the dockatot is meant to be in a bassinet or crib... it's not.
Yes I was misinformed (I thought it was sold for that purpose because I literally know dozens of people who used it that way) but in reality nothing is supposed to go in the crib, bassinet or your bed.

Mel1011
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Mel1011 »

Blackswan wrote:
Happinessnstuff wrote:
This comment made me realize that after all the years I've watched V I've never really seen David help out. In her most recent video towards the end when she puts Charlie to sleep, she talks about how she has to clean the laundry room and bathe Lily, all while David sits behind her playing video games. And again at 2am when she mentions washing dishes. You'd think he'd help out a bit more now with 2 kids. Feel bad for her honestly.

I think he helps she just doesn't show it or mentions it. Forever she would sit in the drivers seat or passengers seat and vlog herself while David buckled in Lily. I asked once if she ever buckled Lily for a change and she stopped showing David putting her in her car seat. I found it annoying because my husband and I take turns buckling my son in. And she would just freaken sit there all willy nilly. She probably wants people to think she does it ALL. So I've seen him help and then she stopped showing him help.

Buckling in a kid is not a huge task. Taking care of a preschooler, a newborn, a home and meals is a lot of work for one to do on their own though.
SunnyLove
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by SunnyLove »

Babies die in an empty crib or in the parents bed all the time. Sometimes it's because of suffocation and sometimes it's unknown which is the point of what SIDS is, there's no knowledge as of to what causes it if the child dies with no obvious sign of what happened. Co sleeping is safe when done correctly the same with having the child in the crib, it's safe when people follow the rules on keeping it empty.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I don't normally watch her videos but have to defend her a little. You cannot spoil a newborn. Their entire world was your tummy and coming into the big wide world is scary for them. They call it the 4th trimester. Some babies aren't happy unless being held and that's how it should be!

Wrong. I've researched them when I was looking into them and according to their website you are definitely not supposed to do what you said.. now someone here will try it. Please research before you post.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

My son slept in on of these for the first few months because he would NOT sleep flat on his back. From the moment he was born he had to be tilted up a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
laurasleaf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by laurasleaf »

But it is not a freak accident... It may be uncommon but it is a known risk of use, which is why safe sleeping environments are so important and why these brands say not to use unsupervised or for sleep.

Return to “2011teenagemom”