OkBaby: Part 8

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

lonelysoul wrote:And if she doesn't make it to her due date or scheduled c-section, then what? They are in the same situation. No one to babysit Levi.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk
maybe they could get aspyn's mom to babysit if it was an emergency since she lives less than 5 mins away from o and k apparently. But then again aspyn and kyra arent actually friends...
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by IjustCANT »

I think what annoy me the most about this situation is they talk about how they have no one in Utah and they need to schedule everything around him, but she was pregnant when they move they knew dang well this exact situation would happen so they put themselves is this bad situation all because Utah is pretty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Bayareamom »

..."they put themselves is this bad situation all because Utah is pretty."

That's not entirely correct or fair. These two stated repeatedly that they chose to live in Utah a) because it was less expensive than living in California, and b) Utah was still close enough to both their respective families which would afford both families the ability to travel back and forth when need be (including KandO). Additionally, they have both also indicated that neither one of them would care to live in the Los Angeles area for a variety of other reasons, one of which it's become far too crowded, dirty, and just not the type of place they would choose to raise a family.

I can easily understand their consideration(s) when choosing to live in Utah. The only fault I see w/this move to Utah is the fact that neither one of them have seemingly made any effort to extend themselves socially. If I were their parent, I would definitely be encouraging them to seek outside interests. It is VITAL for both Kyra and Oscar to maintain/establish outside friendships outside their relationship. Play groups, moms clubs, and a variety of other avenues can be found all over the entire state. Levi would truly benefit from extended play times w/peers his own age.

And frankly, even were they living in California, these same considerations would be as important, family living nearby or not. Friendships outside of family are important in establishing peer-to-peer relationships and those same relationships can facilitate a better relationship w/one's spouse/partner. I found this out when I was a young mom. My husband was often away from home because of business obligations. More often than not, I was left alone to raise our son. If I hadn't established a circle of peers/friendships during that time, I don't know what I would have done. I would have gone stark raving mad. My hope for these two young parents is that they at some point learn to navigate the waters out there in parenting land and find some meaningful connections with other young parent groups. It would do a world of good for their relationship.
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur

Bayareamom wrote:..."they put themselves is this bad situation all because Utah is pretty."

That's not entirely correct or fair. These two stated repeatedly that they chose to live in Utah a) because it was less expensive than living in California, and b) Utah was still close enough to both their respective families which would afford both families the ability to travel back and forth when need be (including KandO). Additionally, they have both also indicated that neither one of them would care to live in the Los Angeles area for a variety of other reasons, one of which it's become far too crowded, dirty, and just not the type of place they would choose to raise a family.

I can easily understand their consideration(s) when choosing to live in Utah. The only fault I see w/this move to Utah is the fact that neither one of them have seemingly made any effort to extend themselves socially. If I were their parent, I would definitely be encouraging them to seek outside interests. It is VITAL for both Kyra and Oscar to maintain/establish outside friendships outside their relationship. Play groups, moms clubs, and a variety of other avenues can be found all over the entire state. Levi would truly benefit from extended play times w/peers his own age.

And frankly, even were they living in California, these same considerations would be as important, family living nearby or not. Friendships outside of family are important in establishing peer-to-peer relationships and those same relationships can facilitate a better relationship w/one's spouse/partner. I found this out when I was a young mom. My husband was often away from home because of business obligations. More often than not, I was left alone to raise our son. If I hadn't established a circle of peers/friendships during that time, I don't know what I would have done. I would have gone stark raving mad. My hope for these two young parents is that they at some point learn to navigate the waters out there in parenting land and find some meaningful connections with other young parent groups. It would do a world of good for their relationship.
They have said this stuff but they aren't going to do much traveling after the second baby is born, and by the time they get he energy with two kids to travel their lease is up, so they could've choose a place closer to one family member for a short period of time and then move to Utah but as if right now Utah isn't benefiting them at all as you mention they don't go out and they're both lonely, but also it's not easy to make friends when their job is from home. Moving to Utah was a bad call knowing they don't really have the support from any family member, there are plenty other states that are cheaper such as Montana but of course that's not as pretty as Utah, TBH they could've stayed where they were in Montana till the baby was born then move to Utah and bought a bigger place, so I don't see your point on how Utah was good for them at all, and in previous vlogs you can see distance never stopped them from seeing family

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

First, your logic is a little skewed as to what I've stated. It's not exactly my point re their situation in Utah as it is, it's my opinion that I agree/understand WHY they moved to Utah. They loathed Montana, for many reasons, but I won't get into all of that here. True, it may have been easier for Kyra especially if they had stayed in Montana w/a second baby coming, but I don't know all the details surrounding her relationship w/her Great Grandma, so there could be reasons Kyra decided that staying in Montana simply because her Grandma's out there, wasn't perhaps a strong enough reason to stay.

Secondly, it is EXPENSIVE to live out here in California. Do any of you younger folks know how ridiculously expensive it is? You get a really crappy apartment/rental out here for the amount of $$ it takes to live out here. These kids both know this after having lived out here for much of their teenage years. Plus, it seems as though some of you posting here feel that being near family is the end all be all, when having a family. As in family will just magically be there for you when baby comes.

News flash - it doesn't always work that way simply because family is around. Parents have to work, and/or may have other children to raise and simply may not be able to provide the time or care to give a new baby on the way. Oscar's mom and step dad work; they also have two rather young children still at home to care for/worry about. It's not as if they can just drop everything and be at KandO's beck and call. So even if KandO were to have relocated back to CA, they would/should STILL motivate themselves to find a network of friendships or moms group, etc., who could perhaps help out when needed.

One of the moms groups I found were able to provide meals to sick mothers in need and/or babysitting services if needed. We networked ourselves out; that's why it was called a support group. And I have to say that groups such as the group I was involved with were far more supportive during times of need than my parents/family would have been. True, some families are more supportive than others, but many aren't. Mine weren't. We lived out-of-state and no where near family, not because of choice, but because that's what my husband's profession dictated (he's only licensed to practice here in CA).

So yes. I completely understand and sympathize w/Kyra and Oscar's decision to move to Utah. But wherever they choose to live, it would behoove them to network themselves and find some sort of supportive group to belong to, especially when the little one arrives. They're going to need help and Mommy/Daddy/Grandma can't always be there for them, even if they were living nearby.
Mlburk21
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mlburk21 »

Kyra couldn't be bothered to take the tag off her shirt that she has hanging down half her back?
Mlburk21
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Mlburk21 »

And why does Oscar always have to crawl on the floor in stores or hotel lobby's and shit to talk to the camera?!?!?
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

Ok I was born and raised in Long Beach (LA area) and yes it is expensive but I am now going to college in Sacramento and it's so affordable here. I have a one bedroom apartment downtown by the Capitol and pay $850. With what they make, they could afford a HOUSE in the suburbs of central Sacramento or even a nice high rise condo downtown for $1400-1800 a month. There ARE places in California that are cheap, to say that all of California is expensive isn't true??? (Although maybe I'm biased bc I've lived here my entire life so don't know of a cheaper living standard??) so yeah I think hey COULD'VE stayed in California but they didn't explore all their options. LA isn't the only city in cali lmao.

soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

sure let's let levi chew on power tools while they are on in his mouth and not tell him that isnt allowed so one day he will do that with something that can rip apart his mouth...not to mention that prob has sooo many germs on it >< how do O and K not care?
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bayareamom wrote:First, your logic is a little skewed as to what I've stated. It's not exactly my point re their situation in Utah as it is, it's my opinion that I agree/understand WHY they moved to Utah. They loathed Montana, for many reasons, but I won't get into all of that here. True, it may have been easier for Kyra especially if they had stayed in Montana w/a second baby coming, but I don't know all the details surrounding her relationship w/her Great Grandma, so there could be reasons Kyra decided that staying in Montana simply because her Grandma's out there, wasn't perhaps a strong enough reason to stay.

Secondly, it is EXPENSIVE to live out here in California. Do any of you younger folks know how ridiculously expensive it is? You get a really crappy apartment/rental out here for the amount of $$ it takes to live out here. These kids both know this after having lived out here for much of their teenage years. Plus, it seems as though some of you posting here feel that being near family is the end all be all, when having a family. As in family will just magically be there for you when baby comes.

News flash - it doesn't always work that way simply because family is around. Parents have to work, and/or may have other children to raise and simply may not be able to provide the time or care to give a new baby on the way. Oscar's mom and step dad work; they also have two rather young children still at home to care for/worry about. It's not as if they can just drop everything and be at KandO's beck and call. So even if KandO were to have relocated back to CA, they would/should STILL motivate themselves to find a network of friendships or moms group, etc., who could perhaps help out when needed.

One of the moms groups I found were able to provide meals to sick mothers in need and/or babysitting services if needed. We networked ourselves out; that's why it was called a support group. And I have to say that groups such as the group I was involved with were far more supportive during times of need than my parents/family would have been. True, some families are more supportive than others, but many aren't. Mine weren't. We lived out-of-state and no where near family, not because of choice, but because that's what my husband's profession dictated (he's only licensed to practice here in CA).

So yes. I completely understand and sympathize w/Kyra and Oscar's decision to move to Utah. But wherever they choose to live, it would behoove them to network themselves and find some sort of supportive group to belong to, especially when the little one arrives. They're going to need help and Mommy/Daddy/Grandma can't always be there for them, even if they were living nearby.
you DO realize that in utah, if you arent a mormon, you arent really accepted and it is very hard to find friends. True they havent even tried but im sure that this was something that made them a bit discouraged. mormons are cliquey and if they see they cant convert you, they dont stay friends with you for long. At least the majority of them. That being said, whoever said that we were encouraging them to move to cali? Noone said that. Why didnt they move to florida where kkandbabyj lived? They would have them there for help/support as well as a chance to be introduced to keren and khoa's friends. I think it was a stupid idea to choose montana to "be closer to family" when oscar's dad easily could afford plane tix for the family and oscar's mom doesnt really visit alot and for the amount of time she visits, could afford a plane ticket as well. like you said, support grps and peers/friends often do a lot more than fam could--hence why florida would have been a much better choice.
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Bayareamom wrote:First, your logic is a little skewed as to what I've stated. It's not exactly my point re their situation in Utah as it is, it's my opinion that I agree/understand WHY they moved to Utah. They loathed Montana, for many reasons, but I won't get into all of that here. True, it may have been easier for Kyra especially if they had stayed in Montana w/a second baby coming, but I don't know all the details surrounding her relationship w/her Great Grandma, so there could be reasons Kyra decided that staying in Montana simply because her Grandma's out there, wasn't perhaps a strong enough reason to stay.

you DO realize that in utah, if you arent a mormon, you arent really accepted and it is very hard to find friends. True they havent even tried but im sure that this was something that made them a bit discouraged. mormons are cliquey and if they see they cant convert you, they dont stay friends with you for long. At least the majority of them. That being said, whoever said that we were encouraging them to move to cali? Noone said that. Why didnt they move to florida where kkandbabyj lived? They would have them there for help/support as well as a chance to be introduced to keren and khoa's friends. I think it was a stupid idea to choose montana to "be closer to family" when oscar's dad easily could afford plane tix for the family and oscar's mom doesnt really visit alot and for the amount of time she visits, could afford a plane ticket as well. like you said, support grps and peers/friends often do a lot more than fam could--hence why florida would have been a much better choice.
Kyras close with her Dad and he hates flying hence why they didn't move to Florida, also because Oscar and Kyra didn't want to spend heaps of money to move across the country when they were only going to live there for a year or two. Also because they didn't really want to live in Florida so that's why it would've been a horrible choice
UrbanChanel
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by UrbanChanel »

I feel like it would have been a horrible idea for them to move to Florida because they would've literally only had Keren and Khoa and that would have gotten old really quickly. It also would have put Keren and Khoa in a weird place because they probably would've felt like they had to constantly hang out with Kyra and Oscar. I wish they'd have stayed in Montana because I believe her dads entire family lives there except for him.
IjustCANT
Amateur
Amateur

First yes I do know the cost of living in California and honestly as someone else stated they could've afforded, the place they live in now is pretty expensive. They said in one vlog that buying a new camera was the same as rent which is over $1,000. They definitely had the ability to afford it. And yes I agree family can't always take care of their emergencies but not only do they have family they also have friends and etc. as for her grandma's relationship her grandma was there for Levi's birth and she was an amazing support system for Levi and kyra and Oscar.
Secondly no they don't have to live near family they are grown but when you decide to plan multiple kids you need to base your living situation off of the support system you have around you, it's not just about them, they have kidS now so they should've chose wisely. If they had friends and mommy groups or church friend or whatever then yeah would've been a great choice but no I don't sympathize for them and they put themselves in that situation without thinking of everything

Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

Look, I'm not going to quibble about where they moved. Personally, I would have suggested they stay in Montana, but that's not my call, nor anyone else's. I'm saying I UNDERSTAND their reasoning behind moving. Given my own circumstances and the fact that we had to move, as new parents, clear across the country, is perhaps why I am inclined to UNDERSTAND, more so than perhaps others, why they did what they did when moving to Utah. They have both stated they love Utah. They do seem much, much happier than they were when they were in Montana. Kyra clearly was depressed. Neither one of them seemed happy.

As far as living in Sacramento, I wouldn't know. I do know that it's very expensive to purchase a home out here. That was one consideration these two had when moving to Utah. It was simply more affordable FOR THEM. I'm speaking about BUYING, not renting.

Our first home purchase was in San Jose, CA. We paid $350,000.00 for a piece of crud home. And I do mean it was a fixer upper. We didn't have the wherewithal to fix it up because it took absolutely everything we had just to make the down payment. Our second home was in the East Bay Area. That home cost us well over the first purchase price. It was older and also needed work, but for the most part it was a lovely home.

Living in California is not for everyone, and given these two have already stated on numerous occasions that they do not want to live out here, who is anyone else to say they should? They need to decide where they want to raise their family. It's up to them as the parents of their children to decide where raising a family makes more sense for THEM. If they find somewhere down the road that living somewhere else makes more sense, I'm sure they'll make that decision when it's time.

It's not up to anyone else to determine where they should live. And as I've said, even if Mom/Dad/Grandma live nearby, that doesn't always equate to them being able to help at a moment's notice. Not in my family at any rate. You can't always depend on Mum and Dad to be around. Some people when starting out, really do have to learn to become more independent because they cannot rely on family to help out. I have met tons of families out here who are/were like us; transient and having to move around quite a bit, due to career changes or whatever.
Bayareamom
Talker
Talker

...forgot to mention that the first home we purchased out here (San Jose) was back in 1998. And I do mean the homes in the neighborhood where we purchased were nothing special. Some of them were on the cutesy side, but most were in dire need of fixing up. Know how much some of those homes are now selling for? Anywhere from $900,000.00 to over a million. I lived and grew up in the mid west. Homes for the amount of money you have to spend out here to just get something decent, would be considered estates back where I grew up. California's taxes are extremely high as well. Given that OandK have stated repeatedly that they would like to BUY as opposed to renting long term, I think is another reason they opted for Utah rather than CA. I am not one of those who ever felt they should have moved to Florida. I didn't feel it would have been a good idea on several fronts, but instinct told me that wouldn't have been a wise decision. I don't think Oscar would have been happy there and I know they both realized eventually that living in Florida would have caused too many barriers for their families to get together.
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

UrbanChanel wrote:I feel like it would have been a horrible idea for them to move to Florida because they would've literally only had Keren and Khoa and that would have gotten old really quickly. It also would have put Keren and Khoa in a weird place because they probably would've felt like they had to constantly hang out with Kyra and Oscar. I wish they'd have stayed in Montana because I believe her dads entire family lives there except for him.
Exactly! And by the looks of it Kyra isn't as friendly with Keren anymore... so I'd say that's another reason why they considered not moving to Florida because they felt that the friendship isn't that strong enough to move across the country to live near someone they met once
savannah_mccollu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by savannah_mccollu »

soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:sure let's let levi chew on power tools while they are on in his mouth and not tell him that isnt allowed so one day he will do that with something that can rip apart his mouth...not to mention that prob has sooo many germs on it >< how do O and K not care?
It was a toy tool...Image

d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

savannah_mccollu wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:sure let's let levi chew on power tools while they are on in his mouth and not tell him that isnt allowed so one day he will do that with something that can rip apart his mouth...not to mention that prob has sooo many germs on it >< how do O and K not care?
It was a toy tool...Image

I rolled my eyes at this comment too
millercoop
Talker
Talker

Unread post by millercoop »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 07282a.jpg[/img]

I'm in a pediatric nursing class and this was a couple of the slides from my lecture yesterday. Almost all of those fit Oscar and Kyra's situation.

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

Wow this vlog was horrible anyone else notice the stack of boxes covering the huge hole in the wall in the bathroom, further proof Oscar did it because they didn't want the matinence guy to see!! And when he throws an insult at her and then laughs it off with just kidding he is such a jerk!!! Who else was almost screaming at Levi playing in the snow by himself by the parking lot while his "father" I use that term loosely plays in the snow! So dangerous and their neighbors must hate them all that noise at two in the morning, why wasn't Keira sleeping or at least trying to ive had my share of pregnancy insomnia but she could just relax and not give in to Oscar horrible habit of staying up all night!

Return to “OKBaby”