Steps to Wander

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I find it amusing that they haven't mentioned the fact that the storm that dumped all that snow on Portland is named Winter Storm Juniper. They really don't pay attention.
summerlee
Amateur
Amateur
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by summerlee »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I find it amusing that they haven't mentioned the fact that the storm that dumped all that snow on Portland is named Winter Storm Juniper. They really don't pay attention.
I think it's actually "Winter Storm Jupiter", not Juniper :)
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

summerlee wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I find it amusing that they haven't mentioned the fact that the storm that dumped all that snow on Portland is named Winter Storm Juniper. They really don't pay attention.
I think it's actually "Winter Storm Jupiter", not Juniper :)
That's one of the confusion issues I have with the name. People will also think her name is "Jennifer."

When Kelsey said she loved the name Willow the other day, I sort of thought that Corbin must have picked Juniper. Willow would be 1000% better than Juniper.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

I sure hope the her trying to slide in today's vlog was a joke, I hope she is not sliding down slopes. She do come off as someone who would do that.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ah, Jupiter. My mistake. Now I'm wondering if people are going to look at the name "Juniper" and read it as Jupiter.

Yes, now I think Kelsey wanted to use Willow and it got vetoed.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm curious how they screwed up their health insurance. Mine (also through ACA) went through just fine. I'm guessing they didn't signup or pay in time - notice he said he put it on a credit card...yikes!!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I can't believe Corbin was yelling and cursing at the customer service rep. They didn't pay their premium and they never got their cards, and they waited until NOW to sort this out? These two are believable. I hope they both have to work customer service jobs one day where assholes verbally abuse them. It sounds like they waited until the last minute to enroll and didn't stay on top of when they needed to make their first payment. Everything these two do is a procrastination mess.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:I'm curious how they screwed up their health insurance. Mine (also through ACA) went through just fine. I'm guessing they didn't signup or pay in time - notice he said he put it on a credit card...yikes!!
Yep, my husband got his health insurance through the ACA exchange for a few years before we were married. He's not the most organized or detail oriented person, but he always managed to sort that out.

Enrollment opened Nov. 1 and closed Dec. 15th for 2017 coverage if you wanted coverage to start Jan. 1. But they technically had until Jan. 31 I thought to enroll before they would need a qualifying event. I think they probably missed the Dec. 15 deadline but were expecting to get coverage Jan. 1. The rep probably told them their coverage wouldn't kick in until February and that scared them. What the hell else does Corbin have to do all day? He can stay on hold until he gets it sorted out. If they had waited to get pregnant until they had health insurance, they could have avoided this time crunch.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I'm curious how they screwed up their health insurance. Mine (also through ACA) went through just fine. I'm guessing they didn't signup or pay in time - notice he said he put it on a credit card...yikes!!
Yep, my husband got his health insurance through the ACA exchange for a few years before we were married. He's not the most organized or detail oriented person, but he always managed to sort that out.

Enrollment opened Nov. 1 and closed Dec. 15th for 2017 coverage if you wanted coverage to start Jan. 1. But they technically had until Jan. 31 I thought to enroll before they would need a qualifying event. I think they probably missed the Dec. 15 deadline but were expecting to get coverage Jan. 1. The rep probably told them their coverage wouldn't kick in until February and that scared them. What the hell else does Corbin have to do all day? He can stay on hold until he gets it sorted out. If they had waited to get pregnant until they had health insurance, they could have avoided this time crunch.
And even if Corbin did have a verifiable job then Kelsey could have done it or at least most of the work since she doesn't have a job right now (correct me if I'm wrong about her employment status). I've been out of work since October because I got married, quit my job, and moved. I've managed to do a ton of insurance things and name changes and a passport since October on top of having surgery and maintaining a clean house. I still have tons of time before my husband gets home to do extra things.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PopTheButterfly wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:

And even if Corbin did have a verifiable job then Kelsey could have done it or at least most of the work since she doesn't have a job right now (correct me if I'm wrong about her employment status). I've been out of work since October because I got married, quit my job, and moved. I've managed to do a ton of insurance things and name changes and a passport since October on top of having surgery and maintaining a clean house. I still have tons of time before my husband gets home to do extra things.

Yep, I was out of work for the time between Christmas and the New Year due to holiday leave and I orchestrated and managed a house move and the renovations on our new place. It's amazing what you can get done with time off if you're used to working. I don't think Kelsey has had worked consistently as an adult and they don't seem to have any time management skills.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

Exactly. I get she's pregnant and they've had a lot to do like moving and getting baby stuff but seriously we both did too and we managed to do it. At this rate they're not going to get anything done when the baby comes. Also, if they've not had insurance this whole pregnancy how are they paying for all the doctor visits and ultrasounds you have to have when pregnant? And on another topic, if they are doing that baby league channel are they going to attempt cloth diapering? That would be a huge sustainable thing that people would be looking for in their new show.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm guessing that they are in a huge amount of debt. Putting your health insurance on a credit card is a bad sign. They need to get a car, but I'm guessing their credit rating means they can't even finance one. YIKES!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm not an expert, but I personally wouldn't be alarmed if someone used a credit card for that. I try to put everything on one credit card just to protect my banking information in case there's a security breech, and then I pay off the full balance every month so I don't pay interest. That doesn't mean they're doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are accumulating debt.

It's possible their insurance company is just difficult to work with and there's a disconnect between signing up on the market place and processing payment on the insurance company side. (In all likelihood the exchange will be gone soon and they'll be stuck purchasing private insurance directly from the insurance company if neither of them have an option through an employer, so they might just want to appreciate this while they can.)

But there's no way I would tolerate a grown man yelling and cursing at a woman over the phone. I've dealt with some pretty incompetent customer service reps and I've gotten frustrated, but you keep your cool and politely ask to be transferred. I would have zero respect for my husband if he spoke to someone like that. What an ass.

It's entirely possible the person he was transferred to said they processed payment just to get the beligerent guy off the phone. I wouldn't consider it a done deal until you get the insurance cards in the mail.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm not an expert, but I personally wouldn't be alarmed if someone used a credit card for that. I try to put everything on one credit card just to protect my banking information in case there's a security breech, and then I pay off the full balance every month so I don't pay interest. That doesn't mean they're doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are accumulating debt.

It's possible their insurance company is just difficult to work with and there's a disconnect between signing up on the market place and processing payment on the insurance company side. (In all likelihood the exchange will be gone soon and they'll be stuck purchasing private insurance directly from the insurance company if neither of them have an option through an employer, so they might just want to appreciate this while they can.)

But there's no way I would tolerate a grown man yelling and cursing at a woman over the phone. I've dealt with some pretty incompetent customer service reps and I've gotten frustrated, but you keep your cool and politely ask to be transferred. I would have zero respect for my husband if he spoke to someone like that. What an ass.

It's entirely possible the person he was transferred to said they processed payment just to get the beligerent guy off the phone. I wouldn't consider it a done deal until you get the insurance cards in the mail.
Does it show him swearing at the call center employee in the video.

storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

Strawberry26 wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:I'm not an expert, but I personally wouldn't be alarmed if someone used a credit card for that. I try to put everything on one credit card just to protect my banking information in case there's a security breech, and then I pay off the full balance every month so I don't pay interest. That doesn't mean they're doing the same, and I wouldn't be surprised if they are accumulating debt.

Does it show him swearing at the call center employee in the video.

No, but he and K both said "a lot of curse words were used"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

And here's the thing: A week ago on January 5th, Corbin mentions in the vlog that they never got any information on their new insurance plan. It's about 4 minutes into the video. "I'm actually on the phone with our health insurance people because I realized we, like, never got any information for the new plan...But they haven't, like, sent us anything and it's after the first and that's when everything is due..So I'm, like, freaking out."

That's probably when they finally called for the first time and realized their mistake. I think that's when they realized they had not paid the first premium and they weren't covered for the month of January. This crap about them calling for "months" is just bull. The ACA website is pretty clear that you need to pay the insurance company before your coverage is in effect, and that you need to do this with the insurance company, not the healthcare.gov website. He had no idea what he was doing or what was going on. And then he yelled and cursed at someone for his own mistake.

If you don't want to watch, these are the snippets where they address his rude behavior:

"After months and hours of phone call waiting and YELLING, I actually got really mad at them this last time..."
"That's when I lost it and not gonna lie, curse words were flying cause I was like, you're GONNA make an exception..."
"There were a lot of curse words, I had to plug Juniper's ears."
"I literally blew up...Oh you BETTER put me at the front of the line."

I've been on my share of frustrating customer service calls. Sometimes I put the phone on speaker and my husband and I tag team when one of us gets frustrated so we can walk away and cool off. I've also put a call on mute so that I can vent. But what they both described makes me think he's an even bigger asshole than I originally thought.

I would NEVER marry someone who spoke that way to a woman, and I certainly wouldn't sit there and tolerate it if I ever heard my husband speak to a customer service person like that. Of course my husband would never do that, we've both worked those kinds of jobs and know what it's like to have someone take out their frustration on you. I bet Corbin is a lousy tipper too. (Another red flag when I was dating.) And they both just thought it was funny and cute and that's what got their insurance situation straightened out. Yeah, just be an ass to the poor person dealing with you, and you go right to the front of the line.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Yeah, you said it-- swearing at the poor rep who's not the reason you don't have coverage is really gonna get you better service.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Nothankyou
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nothankyou »

I love how he said he's called 5 times in the last few months like that's a lot. That's maybe twice per month, or every other week. If I were that pregnant I'd be calling everyday until things were rectified.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

There's something off about Corbin. I also think it's strange they are having this baby so far from family and friends. Do they actually know anyone in Portland??????

Yep, he's flat-out lying about having insurance. He just didn't apply and pay for it before Jan. 1. I feel bad for their kid. These idiots can't even figure out adulthood. Jeez, I'm guessing they are at least $100,000 in debt.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Nothankyou wrote:I love how he said he's called 5 times in the last few months like that's a lot. That's maybe twice per month, or every other week. If I were that pregnant I'd be calling everyday until things were rectified.

I don't believe for a second that they've been on top of the situation or calling the insurance company for "months." Based on their vlog last week, it sounds like it slipped their minds and Kelsey and Corbin just forgot all about it until around Jan. 4th. That's when they said they realized it was past the first of the month and they hadn't heard from the insurance company. Then suddenly a week later, they're claiming that they've been calling for months and trying to get this paid, but the insurance company is "behind." If that was the case, why didn't they say that in the Jan. 5th video? What they were saying last week is in complete contradiction to what they're claiming this week. So which is it? Either they never heard anything from the insurance company as they originally claimed a week ago, or they've been talking to the insurance company for "months" as they're claiming now. I think they realized their mistake and then lied to viewers and the insurance company. They're lucky their coverage wasn't cancelled all together when they missed their first payment. Now I'm really wondering if they are flat out lying about the "office job" situation too. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and just assumed it was a commission based job or some other non-traditional, non-salaried situation, but they've proven that they will flat out lie about situations to show themselves in a more sympathetic light.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”