OkBaby: Part 8

mamaya10
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by mamaya10 »

webbygurl626 wrote:Wow this vlog was horrible anyone else notice the stack of boxes covering the huge hole in the wall in the bathroom, further proof Oscar did it because they didn't want the matinence guy to see!! And when he throws an insult at her and then laughs it off with just kidding he is such a jerk!!! Who else was almost screaming at Levi playing in the snow by himself by the parking lot while his "father" I use that term loosely plays in the snow! So dangerous and their neighbors must hate them all that noise at two in the morning, why wasn't Keira sleeping or at least trying to ive had my share of pregnancy insomnia but she could just relax and not give in to Oscar horrible habit of staying up all night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, poor levi, you could tell that he was cold. Why don't they cover his head? They must have a hat for him, I remember some bug buddy send him one..
I felt so sorry for him when he just wanted to be in Oscars arms to be warmed up and oscar just put him back on the sleigh to continue his own playtime...:(
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

dnbunny wrote:Ok I was born and raised in Long Beach (LA area) and yes it is expensive but I am now going to college in Sacramento and it's so affordable here. I have a one bedroom apartment downtown by the Capitol and pay $850. With what they make, they could afford a HOUSE in the suburbs of central Sacramento or even a nice high rise condo downtown for $1400-1800 a month. There ARE places in California that are cheap, to say that all of California is expensive isn't true??? (Although maybe I'm biased bc I've lived here my entire life so don't know of a cheaper living standard??) so yeah I think hey COULD'VE stayed in California but they didn't explore all their options. LA isn't the only city in cali lmao.

For $1400 a month down here in Texas, you can rent a 4 bedroom house. That is NOT affordable LOL..

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Kyra cooking and both of them sitting down to a full blown dinner @ 2 am. With a 15 month old and another baby due in a few weeks. Yup, screw the schedule guys. Parenting schedules are just for grown up parents.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Unknowngirly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Unknowngirly »

I thought the part with kyra shaving oscars hair was so funny. It was refreshing to see kyra making fun of oscar for once. She was really going in on him lmao

But of course he had to throw in an insult or too.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Today's vlog photo and title is disturbing. I really cannot stand Oscar.

nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

If you remember on kkandbabyj 's thread ,when Keren replied to the nasty about her poor hygiene comments, she mentioned that the reason OK didn't move to florida was the fact that a lot of comparison was going on back then between her and Kyra and she (kyra) didn't want to be a part of this anymore,she wanted to go separately and each to their own channel exclusively. Those were not the exact words but that's pretty much the gist . So OK chose SLC as the next best thing in my opinion since a lot of successful ytubers are close to the region ..

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

d4865 wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:
Bayareamom wrote:First, your logic is a little skewed as to what I've stated. It's not exactly my point re their situation in Utah as it is, it's my opinion that I agree/understand WHY they moved to Utah. They loathed Montana, for many reasons, but I won't get into all of that here. True, it may have been easier for Kyra especially if they had stayed in Montana w/a second baby coming, but I don't know all the details surrounding her relationship w/her Great Grandma, so there could be reasons Kyra decided that staying in Montana simply because her Grandma's out there, wasn't perhaps a strong enough reason to stay.

Secondly, it is EXPENSIVE to live out here in California. Do any of you younger folks know how ridiculously expensive it is? You get a really crappy apartment/rental out here for the amount of $$ it takes to live out here. These kids both know this after having lived out here for much of their teenage years. Plus, it seems as though some of you posting here feel that being near family is the end all be all, when having a family. As in family will just magically be there for you when baby comes.

News flash - it doesn't always work that way simply because family is around. Parents have to work, and/or may have other children to raise and simply may not be able to provide the time or care to give a new baby on the way. Oscar's mom and step dad work; they also have two rather young children still at home to care for/worry about. It's not as if they can just drop everything and be at KandO's beck and call. So even if KandO were to have relocated back to CA, they would/should STILL motivate themselves to find a network of friendships or moms group, etc., who could perhaps help out when needed.

One of the moms groups I found were able to provide meals to sick mothers in need and/or babysitting services if needed. We networked ourselves out; that's why it was called a support group. And I have to say that groups such as the group I was involved with were far more supportive during times of need than my parents/family would have been. True, some families are more supportive than others, but many aren't. Mine weren't. We lived out-of-state and no where near family, not because of choice, but because that's what my husband's profession dictated (he's only licensed to practice here in CA).

So yes. I completely understand and sympathize w/Kyra and Oscar's decision to move to Utah. But wherever they choose to live, it would behoove them to network themselves and find some sort of supportive group to belong to, especially when the little one arrives. They're going to need help and Mommy/Daddy/Grandma can't always be there for them, even if they were living nearby.
you DO realize that in utah, if you arent a mormon, you arent really accepted and it is very hard to find friends. True they havent even tried but im sure that this was something that made them a bit discouraged. mormons are cliquey and if they see they cant convert you, they dont stay friends with you for long. At least the majority of them. That being said, whoever said that we were encouraging them to move to cali? Noone said that. Why didnt they move to florida where kkandbabyj lived? They would have them there for help/support as well as a chance to be introduced to keren and khoa's friends. I think it was a stupid idea to choose montana to "be closer to family" when oscar's dad easily could afford plane tix for the family and oscar's mom doesnt really visit alot and for the amount of time she visits, could afford a plane ticket as well. like you said, support grps and peers/friends often do a lot more than fam could--hence why florida would have been a much better choice.
Kyras close with her Dad and he hates flying hence why they didn't move to Florida, also because Oscar and Kyra didn't want to spend heaps of money to move across the country when they were only going to live there for a year or two. Also because they didn't really want to live in Florida so that's why it would've been a horrible choice
they basically got rid of everything they owned when they moved to utah so it really wouldn't have cost them too much. They never said they only want to live there for a year or two? they were looking for a place that they would later buy a house and settle down in. Also to the person saying that hanging out with kkandbabyj would've gotten old fast...well, it's better than not having any friends in utah isnt it? you guys JUST complained they dont have friends in utah and that they cant and shouldnt rely on family, but then when someone suggests that they move somewhere where they have friends and can establish a network of other friends thru them, people complain that it isnt close to kyra's dad? Kyra has stated multiple times she and her dad are NOT close. so idk what you are saying..he hasnt visited once.
soul_in_a_earthsuit
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by soul_in_a_earthsuit »

d4865 wrote:
savannah_mccollu wrote:
soul_in_a_earthsuit wrote:sure let's let levi chew on power tools while they are on in his mouth and not tell him that isnt allowed so one day he will do that with something that can rip apart his mouth...not to mention that prob has sooo many germs on it >< how do O and K not care?
It was a toy tool...Image

I rolled my eyes at this comment too
alright calm tf down i didnt pay close enough attention to see it was a toy. no need to be so rude and condescending about it.
bulboustrollxx
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by bulboustrollxx »

If my gf was having a baby soon I would spend some extra $$ to get a decent haircut so I don't look like I escaped from the mental ward in all of my newborn's pictures :?
Twentysomething
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Twentysomething »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
dnbunny wrote:Ok I was born and raised in Long Beach (LA area) and yes it is expensive but I am now going to college in Sacramento and it's so affordable here. I have a one bedroom apartment downtown by the Capitol and pay $850. With what they make, they could afford a HOUSE in the suburbs of central Sacramento or even a nice high rise condo downtown for $1400-1800 a month. There ARE places in California that are cheap, to say that all of California is expensive isn't true??? (Although maybe I'm biased bc I've lived here my entire life so don't know of a cheaper living standard??) so yeah I think hey COULD'VE stayed in California but they didn't explore all their options. LA isn't the only city in cali lmao.

For $1400 a month down here in Texas, you can rent a 4 bedroom house. That is NOT affordable LOL..

Lol right? I live literally down the street from where keren and khoa live and we have a 3 bedroom house for $1400 with a pool and a huge backyard!

mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

I just fucking can't with oscars face.
I have never in my life seen someone talk with their entire face.
He crinkles his forehead, squints his eyes, and opens his mouth as wide as he can. Almost like he struggles to talk...
It makes me wanna scream....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mac-n-cheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by mac-n-cheese »

I don't for the life of me understand how they can stay up all night...until the sun comes up...
Cutting oscars hair until 3 am? And then cooking a whole meal????

I have two kids...my husband and I can clean our whole house, I very often cut his hair for work, we cook meals, help with homework, all the normal shit you do in your life..
And we get all of it done before 830pm when our kids go to sleep...
Why couldn't they have decorated the room at like noon during the day??? Kyra could have played in the living room with levi while oscar put the cribs together...then levi could have played in the room with his parents while they put fucking stickers on the wall.
I just don't understand...

These two just cannot adult...
Both of them are still children.
lonelysoul
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by lonelysoul »

nebula wrote:If you remember on kkandbabyj 's thread ,when Keren replied to the nasty about her poor hygiene comments, she mentioned that the reason OK didn't move to florida was the fact that a lot of comparison was going on back then between her and Kyra and she (kyra) didn't want to be a part of this anymore,she wanted to go separately and each to their own channel exclusively. Those were not the exact words but that's pretty much the gist . So OK chose SLC as the next best thing in my opinion since a lot of successful ytubers are close to the region ..

That is a lot of paraphrasing.

Kyra and Keren are still friends. They say they aren't as open about it because of the comparisons and assumptions made.

I personally think that Kyra would have loved to move to Florida, but like most things, Oscar had to final decision.
I think the Pulse shooting gave them some reservations about moving to Orlando. They (Oscar) finally decided right after that that they wouldn't be moving there after all.
dnbunny
Informer
Informer

Unread post by dnbunny »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:

They could rent a 4 bedroom house here as well did you not read that correctly lol. I said "they could afford a HOUSE or a condo in a highrise" ????

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

These prices are crazy to me. I live in the south and you an rent a 3br house for 800 a month.

ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:These prices are crazy to me. I live in the south and you an rent a 3br house for 800 a month.

Same. Rent is cheap down here.

thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I was glad to see the cribs pushed away with a space in between, I hated when they were pushed together. and NO stuffed animals, I feel like this was a dig at us because she also said something about Oscar needing to help more (it was the way she said it) but the room is looking nice.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

dnbunny wrote:
ACarATorchAJess wrote:

They could rent a 4 bedroom house here as well did you not read that correctly lol. I said "they could afford a HOUSE or a condo in a highrise" ????

Hi I am new here but I read pretty much everything everyone said ^^

I agree with a lot of people that said that moving away from everybody was not clever when she is going to have a child and they may need help with Levi. However financially, even if they could afford a house in California, what's the point in paying this expensive rent there, when they can pay less for a rent elsewhere and save the extra money to maybe buy a house or save it for Levi's college ...(i am not sure that's what they will do but that is what I would have done)
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

lonelysoul wrote:
nebula wrote:If you remember on kkandbabyj 's thread ,when Keren replied to the nasty about her poor hygiene comments, she mentioned that the reason OK didn't move to florida was the fact that a lot of comparison was going on back then between her and Kyra and she (kyra) didn't want to be a part of this anymore,she wanted to go separately and each to their own channel exclusively. Those were not the exact words but that's pretty much the gist . So OK chose SLC as the next best thing in my opinion since a lot of successful ytubers are close to the region ..

That is a lot of paraphrasing.

Kyra and Keren are still friends. They say they aren't as open about it because of the comparisons and assumptions made.

I personally think that Kyra would have loved to move to Florida, but like most things, Oscar had to final decision.
I think the Pulse shooting gave them some reservations about moving to Orlando. They (Oscar) finally decided right after that that they wouldn't be moving there after all.
Paraphrasing what exactly? When I said they weren't close or friends? She said it herself just look at some very old threads on Keren's board. Unfortunately I can't remember when it was

Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Has anyone read what Kyra wrote on twitter a few hours ago?

"So thankful for the life I live ❤️ I remember living in a 1 bedroom crappy house with 6 people and I'm honestly so glad I went through all"

Does anyone know about Kyra's childhood? I read some posts here saying that Kyra said she had a crappy Childhood but i never read details about it or hear Kyra talking about it...

Return to “OKBaby”