Steps to Wander

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Steps to Wander

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:There's something off about Corbin. I also think it's strange they are having this baby so far from family and friends. Do they actually know anyone in Portland??????

Yep, he's flat-out lying about having insurance. He just didn't apply and pay for it before Jan. 1. I feel bad for their kid. These idiots can't even figure out adulthood. Jeez, I'm guessing they are at least $100,000 in debt.
It is very strange to me that they want to raise their child in a city without any family or friends. They never show themselves hanging out with anyone but each other in Portland. I wouldn't be surprised if they're lying to their family about their financial situation and this non-YouTube job. I think there's probably also tension with their family in terms of their life choices. I don't know how to describe it. Both families seem very kind and helpful, but I don't think their parents were crazy about the idea of them continuing their trip and forgoing prenatal care after they found out they were pregnant. Remember when Kelsey's stepmom made her an appointment in Idaho? Making your 26-year-old daughter a prenatal doctor's appointment is just odd. I think she was trying to wake Kelsey up and get her to take this seriously. I think both parents recognized that Kelsey and Corbin are inept and they're nervous for them.
just_me
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by just_me »

PopTheButterfly wrote:Exactly. I get she's pregnant and they've had a lot to do like moving and getting baby stuff but seriously we both did too and we managed to do it. At this rate they're not going to get anything done when the baby comes. Also, if they've not had insurance this whole pregnancy how are they paying for all the doctor visits and ultrasounds you have to have when pregnant? And on another topic, if they are doing that baby league channel are they going to attempt cloth diapering? That would be a huge sustainable thing that people would be looking for in their new show.
Do they even have a washer & dryer in their apartment? That's going to make cloth diapering more difficult for them if they don't.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Boy I would be mad if my husband acted like that in front of me on the phone( thank god he has never done that and is a calm man ) For a Zen couple he is not very zen lol, does he not get that the people on the other side of the phone are trying to do their job. Showing your anger that easily over something is telling. I defended them a couple of pages back , but you guys are right they are completely unprepared! Them not having a car bothered me at first but health insurance...... are you kidding me they are about to have a baby!! They messed up they proabably didn't do their insurance in time and are freaking out ringing the call center asking for an "exception". I live in France and we too have to pay for health insurance, its the most important thing you have to pay for, I know they are young and may have their heads in the clouds so to speak but I'm 24 and me and my husband have health insurance,I wouldnt dream of not having insurance and being pregnant, its very very immature what they are doing. I have always got the feeling Corbin is hot headed , he just gives off that vibe Kelsey seems calm and I wouldn't be supposed if when he gets like that she just sits there and doesn't say anything. What..a..mess.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

*suprised
ja14
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ja14 »

I haven't watched videos recently, so I don't know if there's been an update. The state I'm in if you're an uninsured pregnant woman you can get on state insurance & not have to pay a dime. I wonder if that's true in Washington & if they will figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ja14 wrote:I haven't watched videos recently, so I don't know if there's been an update. The state I'm in if you're an uninsured pregnant woman you can get on state insurance & not have to pay a dime. I wonder if that's true in Washington & if they will figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the website, there are income requirements. They may make too much. I didn't read all the way through, but it also looks like you also have to be enrolled in a plan to begin with, which is their initial problem.
http://www.hca.wa.gov/free-or-low-cost- ... nant-women

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

They're actually in Oregon, not Washington. But I would assume Oregon's Medicaid program has income requirements as well, even for pregnant women. They expanded their Medicaid program quite a bit under the ACA, so who knows how long that's feasible. It looks like pregnant women and infants with household incomes up to 185 percent of the level poverty are eligible. As of March 2016 that limit for a two person family was $2470. I'm assuming that's a monthly income. I'm assuming they're making just over that limit at this point.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:They're actually in Oregon, not Washington. But I would assume Oregon's Medicaid program has income requirements as well, even for pregnant women. They expanded their Medicaid program quite a bit under the ACA, so who knows how long that's feasible. It looks like pregnant women and infants with household incomes up to 185 percent of the level poverty are eligible. As of March 2016 that limit for a two person family was $2470. I'm assuming that's a monthly income. I'm assuming they're making just over that limit at this point.
Duh! You're right! I don't know why I thought of Washington. I know where Portland is! My bad.
If they can afford what their rent is, and eating out all the time, I am betting they are above the Medicaid limit. Unless of course, all that eating out is running up huge credit card debt, that they figure they can pay off when they hit it big on YouTube.
Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I wonder if they are going to have a baby shower and where it would be held. Sort of rude to make EVERYONE travel to them, but I don't see them having it in Idaho. I would think they would have one fairly soon. Didn't they also mention a pre-baby trip awhile ago?

Also, Missy said in today's vlog she's hosting a baby shower...I guess maybe she's the one throwing their party? Seems odd they'd fly to SoCal for their baby shower - but they did also do the gender reveal at the Lannings' house. Which I also thought was weird. I guess Kelsey and Corbin aren't very close to their families.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder if they are going to have a baby shower and where it would be held. Sort of rude to make EVERYONE travel to them, but I don't see them having it in Idaho. I would think they would have one fairly soon. Didn't they also mention a pre-baby trip awhile ago?

Also, Missy said in today's vlog she's hosting a baby shower...I guess maybe she's the one throwing their party? Seems odd they'd fly to SoCal for their baby shower - but they did also do the gender reveal at the Lannings' house. Which I also thought was weird. I guess Kelsey and Corbin aren't very close to their families.
Yeah Missy has had a pinterest board for the baby shower for at least a month now. I'd really hope Missy flies to Kelsey but who knows. Does Kelsey even have friends where they are at?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

Acbsktbll wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I wonder if they are going to have a baby shower and where it would be held. Sort of rude to make EVERYONE travel to them, but I don't see them having it in Idaho. I would think they would have one fairly soon. Didn't they also mention a pre-baby trip awhile ago?

Yeah Missy has had a pinterest board for the baby shower for at least a month now. I'd really hope Missy flies to Kelsey but who knows. Does Kelsey even have friends where they are at?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
Probably yet another thing tapped onto the release party

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I feel like they put a hell of a lot more research into finding a car seat than finding a pediatrician.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ah! Those cluttered drawers and cabinets would drive me crazy, not the bare walls. They're always talking about nesting and minimalism and living in a small space, but they are pretty disorganized and messy for two people who a) just got rid of a bunch of stuff to live in a van and b) just moved into their new place. Speaking as someone who recently moved for the first time in six years and has always lived in less than a thousand square feet, moving is the prefect opportunity to purge stuff you don't use and organize your space. I'm surprised that two stay-at-home people just shoved everything into drawers and cabinets, and then spent their day attaching a blanket to the wall with nails and arrangement a cake plate in the bathroom.

You don't need to spend hours researching car seats. I'm sure Portland has a few small, boutique baby gear stores. Those people really know their stuff. Just go in and they'll point you in the right direction and have a conversation with you about your options and what will work for you. Utilize their expertise, don't try to make yourself an expert in one afternoon. But then they'd have to shop local, instead of just ordering everything on Amazon.

And I don't think they realize how difficult it is to install a baseless car seat every time you hop in a cab. They will be re-threading the seat belt every time they get in and out. Not only is in inconvenient, but if it's not done correctly, it's no longer safe.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

That should say *arranging not arrangement.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

larissaledingham wrote:Probably yet another thing tapped onto the release party
I'm guessing it would have to be this weekend. Isn't Kelsey getting close to the cutoff date for flying while pregnant? And I don't think Missy is thoughtful or nice (or organized) enough to plan a shower for them in Portland. Missy is probably inviting all her YT "friends" to the shower because they could already be in town for Bryan's release party.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
larissaledingham wrote:Probably yet another thing tapped onto the release party
I'm guessing it would have to be this weekend. Isn't Kelsey getting close to the cutoff date for flying while pregnant? And I don't think Missy is thoughtful or nice (or organized) enough to plan a shower for them in Portland. Missy is probably inviting all her YT "friends" to the shower because they could already be in town for Bryan's release party.
"I'm throwing you a baby shower! But it will be in southern CA and only my friends will be there." Haha If that is indeed what is happening, that's not a baby shower. That's a gift grab and a business opportunity for Steps to Wander to bump their numbers up with a Daily Bumps cameo. As long as people they hardly know are buying them stuff, I think they're more than happy to oblige Missy. But it's a little odd that they haven't mentioned Kelsey's mom or Corbin's mom or someone throwing them a real baby shower with their families. Hopefully Missy will at least fly both moms to their home for the weekend so that they can be at the shower. Time will tell.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Kelsey admits they knew they missed the health insurance deadline in today's vlog. She said it was because the on hold times were too long. WTF??!! They barely even leave the house!! How is a long on hold time a justifiable reason to skip out on getting a pregnant woman health insurance on TIME!? They seem to have major issues with getting adult things done. They don't need books on how to be parents, they need books on how to be adults!!

Also, does Kelsey do anything at all? She seems to be sitting on the couch or in bed 95% of the day!!
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

ewokfan11 wrote:Kelsey admits they knew they missed the health insurance deadline in today's vlog. She said it was because the on hold times were too long. WTF??!! They barely even leave the house!! How is a long on hold time a justifiable reason to skip out on getting a pregnant woman health insurance on TIME!? They seem to have major issues with getting adult things done. They don't need books on how to be parents, they need books on how to be adults!!

Also, does Kelsey do anything at all? She seems to be sitting on the couch or in bed 95% of the day!!
That's about what I've been saying. Kelsey can get this stuff done in the time she has at home with no baby. I understand long wait times on calls are annoying, but yet I've done it and I'm their age. Put the dumb phone on speaker and go wash some dishes. I was once hold for an hour the other day. In that time I did some housework and browsed the internet with the phone on speaker so I wasn't holding it all the time. I'm really fearful that Kelsey will wait for Corbin to get home from whatever he does to take the baby to the doctor if the baby is sick or in pain.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:Kelsey admits they knew they missed the health insurance deadline in today's vlog. She said it was because the on hold times were too long. WTF??!! They barely even leave the house!! How is a long on hold time a justifiable reason to skip out on getting a pregnant woman health insurance on TIME!? They seem to have major issues with getting adult things done. They don't need books on how to be parents, they need books on how to be adults!!

Haha yikes. I guess no one ever taught them to put the phone on speaker and do other things while they're on hold. You want to laugh at them, but then you remember they're about to have a tiny human completely dependent on them when they can't even be bothered to stay on the phone long enough to sort out their insurance before January 1st. And once again, Kelsey smiles and laughs about Corbin getting "aggressive" with the rep. Thank goodness they can just yell and curse at the woman taking their call whenever they forget to pay their premium.
fossilfinger
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by fossilfinger »

ewokfan11 wrote: Also, does Kelsey do anything at all? She seems to be sitting on the couch or in bed 95% of the day!!
I find it interesting that Kelsey and Corbin claim to be so progressive, yet have such a traditional family structure. Only the man of the family can work and take care of official things, while the wife gets to lay around all day and be cooed over. It's like a philosophy out of the 1950's.

Return to “The Wander Family - Steps to Wander”