HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

BlueMountains wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Sevan116 wrote:One thing I can't STAND about Bryan (or anyone who is this way) is how he's a name brand dropper. Like instead of calling the RTV "the RTV" he calls it "the Polaris" and his sunglasses "the RayBans" and the car "the Volvo" like he's constantly gotta be showing his status by constantly dropping name brands. Maybe I'm overly picky with stuff like that

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
No, it bugs me too. My mom had a friend who was like that. She had a Farberware toaster oven, and always called it "the Farberware". My mom would roll her eyes and say "It's a toaster oven!"
I think Bryan said his "whole family" is coming to the party, meaning his mom and Bev, and I don't know about his real dad. It bugs me too that they're coming in for this, and then B&M, rather than spending any time with them, are blowing out of town to Hawaii. And how much do you want to bet that Mimi and Papa are going along? Because you know, they can't be like normal people and travel alone. They're "celebrities"! They must have an entourage. (Sarcasm)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
E&J do the same thing, but not at bad. This was the description for a vlog few days ago. Notice how they say pacifica and not car

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
It's not just the Pacifica. In a way E&J are almost worse because they don't buy as much, so they are certain to point out everything they do buy! It seems like online shops for entertainment these days. They've been mentioning names so much lately that Ellie got defensive on IG the other day about how "not everything is an ad." Sure seems like it when everything gets mentioned by name though (Lush, Fawn bags, Nordstrom, Pottery Barn, Polaris, NEW FLOOR, NEW HOT TUB, NEW HOUSE, etc).

The Pacifica is an ad though. They were given it for free.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Theirmom wrote: This is a bit ridiculous. You're usually a much more level-headed poster than this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I am usually level headed, in that I realize not everyone is going to agree. That said, you start posting again essentially dismissing EVERY opinion people have in one full swoop. You aren't here calling them on the BS on a daily basis where they can defend and assert their position. You start posting again like a troll acting like everything is an exaggeration. Some things are, sure! A lot of what your saying is revisionist history as well though. If B&M weren't so bad at the time, why were you posting on this board as well? They sucked then, and still do now.

Sorry, I feel Missy is a selfish, detached mother/wife/daughter, etc. Having watched her actions has led me to believe this. Its not blind hate. If anything it's actually ambivalence because I feel sorry for her lack of energy and joy. There are actually vloggers I feel are much worse people, but their overall shittyness doesn't somehow make Missy a better parent in reality.... just in comparison.
I posted before because gossiping was fun. I lurked for six months because people started dog-piling on anyone who dared utter anything but criticism and called anyone we wasn't 100% against them minions. I only started commenting again when people started saying things that were blatantly not true. Like the midwife/doula thing.

People can have whatever opinion they want about these people. I won't try to tell someone their OPINION is wrong. But I will correct details and things that just aren't true. It is not my OPINION that her midwife gave her the castor oil. That is the fact. It is my opinion that she was stupid to take it, and she was deleting comments because she doesn't like her naivety at blindly following bad advice from her midwife pointed out to her.

People seem to think opinions and facts are the same thing.

:roll:
Mommatotwins
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Mommatotwins »

BlueMountains wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Sevan116 wrote:One thing I can't STAND about Bryan (or anyone who is this way) is how he's a name brand dropper. Like instead of calling the RTV "the RTV" he calls it "the Polaris" and his sunglasses "the RayBans" and the car "the Volvo" like he's constantly gotta be showing his status by constantly dropping name brands. Maybe I'm overly picky with stuff like that

No, it bugs me too. My mom had a friend who was like that. She had a Farberware toaster oven, and always called it "the Farberware". My mom would roll her eyes and say "It's a toaster oven!"
I think Bryan said his "whole family" is coming to the party, meaning his mom and Bev, and I don't know about his real dad. It bugs me too that they're coming in for this, and then B&M, rather than spending any time with them, are blowing out of town to Hawaii. And how much do you want to bet that Mimi and Papa are going along? Because you know, they can't be like normal people and travel alone. They're "celebrities"! They must have an entourage. (Sarcasm)

E&J do the same thing, but not at bad. This was the description for a vlog few days ago. Notice how they say pacifica and not car

They were given the Pacifica in return for featuring it (all the dam time!) I'm fairly certain. Still obnoxious!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Theirmom wrote: This is a bit ridiculous. You're usually a much more level-headed poster than this.

I am usually level headed, in that I realize not everyone is going to agree. That said, you start posting again essentially dismissing EVERY opinion people have in one full swoop. You aren't here calling them on the BS on a daily basis where they can defend and assert their position. You start posting again like a troll acting like everything is an exaggeration. Some things are, sure! A lot of what your saying is revisionist history as well though. If B&M weren't so bad at the time, why were you posting on this board as well? They sucked then, and still do now.

Sorry, I feel Missy is a selfish, detached mother/wife/daughter, etc. Having watched her actions has led me to believe this. Its not blind hate. If anything it's actually ambivalence because I feel sorry for her lack of energy and joy. There are actually vloggers I feel are much worse people, but their overall shittyness doesn't somehow make Missy a better parent in reality.... just in comparison.
I posted before because gossiping was fun. I lurked for six months because people started dog-piling on anyone who dared utter anything but criticism and called anyone we wasn't 100% against them minions. I only started commenting again when people started saying things that were blatantly not true. Like the midwife/doula thing.

People can have whatever opinion they want about these people. I won't try to tell someone their OPINION is wrong. But I will correct details and things that just aren't true. It is not my OPINION that her midwife gave her the castor oil. That is the fact. It is my opinion that she was stupid to take it, and she was deleting comments because she doesn't like her naivety at blindly following bad advice from her midwife pointed out to her.

People seem to think opinions and facts are the same thing.

Uh. You clarified one fact that I made today. You came in with a sweeping dismissive statement about how everything posted here is wrong.

That's not a fact.

I get what you're trying to say about the minion thing, I get called a minion on the reg for debating on other boards! I at least do it in real time and give people the opportunity to defend their comments. Waiting 6 months until this board has become a "bitch eating crackers" for you, and then posting a generalized response about how everything everyone says is wrong, isn't going to help clarify things. That's all I'm saying. It didn't add to or correct the discussion, you meant for it to dismiss the discussion altogether.

Sticking to the facts though: Missy made some questionable decisions during Finn's pregnancy, birth, infant stage, etc. We hear more about HER needs than we do her children's. Maybe this is just an image she's presenting for the vlogs and it's not what's actually happening. The thing is though, we see enough of her personality to form an opinion about how she is likely to act in most situations. She has rarely disappointed. You can't dismiss all opinions as hate-based. Doing that is the same as dismissing all positive comments as miniony. Basically you came here and did the same thing that's driving you crazy. You're just looking at it from the other side.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Just a couple things I wanted to add, because I know it matters and everyone cares...

HelloSweetie: thank you for mentioning that we haven't been fans LONG before Missy had Finn or was even pregnant with him! This board was full of "hate" when Oliver was still an infant. Though, there was still a mix of positive posts.

Theirmom- THANK YOU for bringing up all the speculation turned fact. I agree with most of what you have said (that I've read... lol).

Just wanted to throw in that Missy actually did intend on the doula toward the end of her pregnancy. She didn't talk about it in a vlog after her like getting a special cover for her birthing ball and whatnot, but on a video on her channel, I asked about what does one do to prepare for a VBAC, if anything, and she replied to me mentioning her doula in the reply. This was much after being told to walk more. Which is why I'm very curious to know why, in the end, the doula was not part of her plan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

Bryan just posted that Ollie is staring preschool this year. Surely his teachers will notice his speech and convince B&M to send him to speech therapy

Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Amelia322 »

Question: are they the richest family vloggers? Why does it seem like they have unlimited funds?

PosyGirl72
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PosyGirl72 »

Amelia322 wrote:Question: are they the richest family vloggers? Why does it seem like they have unlimited funds?

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/dailybumps

River: They weren't cows inside. They were waiting to be, but they forgot. Now they see the sky and they remember what they are.
Amelia322
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

DailyPreOrdenDadasNewAlden (Part 79)

Unread post by Amelia322 »

PosyGirl72 wrote:
Amelia322 wrote:Question: are they the richest family vloggers? Why does it seem like they have unlimited funds?

http://socialblade.com/youtube/user/dailybumps
Oh shit I can't imagine making $30,000 in one months minimum for being bums. Max a month is almost half a million WHAT THE FUCK.. omg I can't imagine having that much but I think their house is way below what they can afford then!! They could afford a bigger mansion with a bigger fancier yard! Omg! No wonder they spend so much.

msrubeus
Informer
Informer

Unread post by msrubeus »

BlueMountains wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:

Their Pacifica was a sponsored thing though for E+J, so it makes sense for them. They are promoting Pacifica, and they seem very gracious that Chrysler sponsored them and gave them the Pacifica. Supposedly the Volvo was not sponsored. The bumps are just signaling every time they say Vulvo... We'll actually they pronounce it Vulva...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Last edited by msrubeus on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tintin15
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by tintin15 »

An earlier post reminded me of something I meant to ask!

Has anyone here met Bryan and Missy? What are they like??? I don't think they would be outright mean when meeting someone. I'd honestly like to meet them so I would know the absolute truth of what they're like in person, but there isn't much demand for vloggers in NJ and I wouldn't spend my money traveling to the city to meet them if they came lol
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Actually, I think Shay is the richest because of the Maker deal, and Family Fun Pack gets more views and has more subscribers. They get 12 million+ views A DAY, and their monthly income is 131K-2.1 million. That's monthly. Roman Atwood has a family vlog besides his prank channel now, and he has 11 million subscribers. Social Blade gives a really WIDE range, and remember, they have to give their network 40℅ ish. But yeah, it's crazy. Especially since most of them are uneducated beyond high school, and if it weren't for vlogging, would likely be working minimum wage jobs and the like.

tgo93
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tgo93 »

Thoughts from todays vlog which I actually watched for once-
- Nice to see they sent Ollie and Finn to sunday school for once! The more interaction those boys get with other kids their own age the better
- I skipped most of the lunch and kitchen stuff because I didn't care
- Ollie was pretty cute in this vlog although I wish they told him to be a bit more gentle with Luna
- Regarding Ollies speech, especially noting the bit at the end of the vlog, I think his speech is better when he isn't being told WHAT to say. The end of the vlog where he was clearly parroting what Bryan told him to say was the bit I found hardest to understand, the rest of the stuff I heard him say throughout the vlog was actually fairly legible
- Oh my goodness that dancing montage, especially Finn (okay and minus the weird bit with Bryan) was crazy adorable. How can one baby even be that cute!! And a side note on the dancing, I have now decided they should put Ollie in ballet classes, I can see him rocking that
janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

madi_b_123 wrote:Bryan just posted that Ollie is staring preschool this year. Surely his teachers will notice his speech and convince B&M to send him to speech therapy

I'll believe that one when I see it. They won't get up and out of the house early enough for school unless Tal takes the kids. Which also makes you wonder if that's part of her job description.
Just because they put him in a Sunday school class ONCE really doesn't mean anything. It's not that structured and it's probably only an hour.
They probably went to church because the Johnson's are living there. I can't see it a regular thing because they're so lazy.
Plus we know it's not a regular thing because how many times did Bryan have to mention that they actually went.

janem
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by janem »

lmmomSD wrote:

Actually, I think Shay is the richest because of the Maker deal, and Family Fun Pack gets more views and has more subscribers. They get 12 million+ views A DAY, and their monthly income is 131K-2.1 million. That's monthly. Roman Atwood has a family vlog besides his prank channel now, and he has 11 million subscribers. Social Blade gives a really WIDE range, and remember, they have to give their network 40℅ ish. But yeah, it's crazy. Especially since most of them are uneducated beyond high school, and if it weren't for vlogging, would likely be working minimum wage jobs and the like.

Exactly. This is what I've always felt was so disturbing with this whole family vlogger thing, especially the lumps. These people are uneducated, "new money". They really don't have any class that comes with "old" money. They think just because they can buy every new product, fly first class, throw around product names, they are still classless, uneducated, hicks.
The day will come when it ends (and it will) and what will they do then? Can you see Bryan working for someone else?

OhHiImSam
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by OhHiImSam »

lmmomSD wrote:

All right, the English major is gonna do some math. Buckle up motherfuckers.

I'm going to use the average of their monthly earnings. So, before taxes and Maker's cut that is

257,450 dollars a month

Assuming YouTube takes out taxes, they are left with:

149,497.03 dollars a month. (I used an online calculator and just input what I know: that Bryan would file as married with two dependents. I have no clue if they would have a 40K or any of that fun tax shit)

Now, assuming Maker takes their cut after taxes the Bumps are left with (using lmmomSD's percentage guesstimation)

89,707.19 a month.

As I said this based on estimation. It doesn't include sponsorships so they do probably make six figures a month. There are also probably some months where they make more or less on their videos, which is why Bryan makes so many TRAPPED videos. He probably does so to ensure he has a decent paycheck coming in the mail.

So, no they aren't the richest family on YouTube; however, it looks like it because they probably spend their paycheck as soon as it hits their checking account whether it's Bryan's studio time or on their many vacations.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

OhHiImSam wrote:
All right, the English major is gonna do some math. Buckle up motherfuckers.
:lolface: You made me laugh so much with this sentence. It reminds me my sister (who also studies english) who expect people to clap when she calculates anything without her phone/calculator even the simpliest calculation xD You put me in a really good mood, thank you!!
pllfan5
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by pllfan5 »

I think that it may seem that they have more money because I think they spend most- if not all- of their monthly income. I highly doubt they save or invest in anything, and if they do it would be money to use in the near future for something big like a new house, car, or for Bryan's music.

I don't think they were ever good with money. Even when they were living in the garage they seemed to spend a lot!

This is all speculation though. But I watch youtubers who have millions more subscribers than the bumps and they live in apartments and don't shop or go on vacation as much as they do...
#FreeFinleyandJackson
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

pllfan5 wrote:I think that it may seem that they have more money because I think they spend most- if not all- of their monthly income. I highly doubt they save or invest in anything, and if they do it would be money to use in the near future for something big like a new house, car, or for Bryan's music.

I don't think they were ever good with money. Even when they were living in the garage they seemed to spend a lot!

This is all speculation though. But I watch youtubers who have millions more subscribers than the bumps and they live in apartments and don't shop or go on vacation as much as they do...
They say that they _just_ started a 401K, but I don't think they're saving enough to continue this lifestyle when YouTube dies. Bryan having a boss who expects him to be a certain place at a certain time, just won't go well. Missy would _really_ have a problem. She described her job in her blog as a "rough office job", which cracks me up. I know some offices can be super busy, but didn't she work in the Chamber of Commerce? In Murrieta? I just can't imagine that being "rough"

PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

Holy shit. If Bryan had any money-hungry sense, he would feature Finn dancing in each vlog. That child is too freaking cute!

Return to “Daily Bumps”