Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Joel's paci-binky comment tells me that he really isn't thinking about the Linc's teeth at all, but more the overall bad habit. Pacis are no big deal in my opinion (unless they are ruining teeth), but bottles are different.

Bottom line, Joel is either ignorant and an idiot.... or irresponsible and an idiot in this case.

I liked the rest of the vlog though. I think while Bonnie can be spoiled at times, I still don't think there is a fair comparison between her attitude and Ellie's. I think Joel makes Bonnie a better person, whereas Ellie makes Jared a far worse one. I don't find Jared AS annoying as most people do though.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by natalka81 »

Okay, I'm trying not to be judgmental, and honestly I do really like Bonnie for the most part, but am I mistaken or did she plunk her 3 year old in front of the tv with a bottle of mountain dew? Yikes.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

natalka81 wrote:Okay, I'm trying not to be judgmental, and honestly I do really like Bonnie for the most part, but am I mistaken or did she plunk her 3 year old in front of the tv with a bottle of mountain dew? Yikes.
The bottle is empty, so it's possible he was just playing with it. The Griffith's are big on sugar, but they don't give the kids soda that often from what I've seen. Store bought "juice" is their thing.

I'm surprised any of them drink Mountain Dew to be honest. Doesn't it have caffeine?
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
natalka81 wrote:Okay, I'm trying not to be judgmental, and honestly I do really like Bonnie for the most part, but am I mistaken or did she plunk her 3 year old in front of the tv with a bottle of mountain dew? Yikes.
The bottle is empty, so it's possible he was just playing with it. The Griffith's are big on sugar, but they don't give the kids soda that often from what I've seen. Store bought "juice" is their thing.

I'm surprised any of them drink Mountain Dew to be honest. Doesn't it have caffeine?
Yes, I hope you're right. Although I suppose "juice" isn't much better. I think they're allowed pop/chocolate with caffeine but not coffee or tea. Thanks for your reply!
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Joel's paci-binky comment tells me that he really isn't thinking about the Linc's teeth at all, but more the overall bad habit. Pacis are no big deal in my opinion (unless they are ruining teeth), but bottles are different.

Bottom line, Joel is either ignorant and an idiot.... or irresponsible and an idiot in this case.

I liked the rest of the vlog though. I think while Bonnie can be spoiled at times, I still don't think there is a fair comparison between her attitude and Ellie's. I think Joel makes Bonnie a better person, whereas Ellie makes Jared a far worse one. I don't find Jared AS annoying as most people do though.
I agree with you on all points. How nice to go out of his way to see that the car was clean and this isn't the first time Joel has done this.

I do like Joel for the sweet things he does for Bonnie. I think Bonnie was right and saying he is what he shows on camera with how nice he is. He has a great sense of humor that is showing up more in the vlogs these days.

As far as the bottles, I would characterize it is just they don't want to deal with a screaming Lincoln at nap and bedtime. I image they've seen a few comments about the bottles and this is how they chose to deal with it as Joel did today and basically said it is our children and we are going to parent as we see fit. BUT, why vlog it. No one would ever have to know they are giving him a bottle during these times??? It is call editing:)

All of us parents are not perfect, but this is not pointed out in vlogs and that would be the downside of being a YouTuber.

The difference I think with Jared and Joel...Jared wouldn't tell Ellie "no need to get huffed up about it." Instead in vlogs Jared says how Ellie reacted better than he thought she would and I think he should be correcting her also. For example, the house delays, Ellie's reaction was not what I call stellar and you see her immaturity or being a brat. The thing is these are material things or small delays which are insignificant in life.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:Nah, I don't think you're overprotective. People just do things differently. We pretty much got rid of the monitor when my youngest was about a year, and then you have your situation and Katie, who still uses video monitors on Gaines. They have a two story house too though. I just think it's different ways of doing things.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I think the monitor is like a new technology toy for them and it is also something they can add (showing Lincoln) in their vlogs during those days where there just isn't much going on.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I found this comment. Holy crap this person should ask her pediatrician this question, not Bonnie.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 82d2b8.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I can say with this mom is you can't fix stupid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

I can't quote due to too many pixels, but this is in regards to the woman giving her son 3 bottles at night and asking Bonnie for advice.

OMG! What was that woman thinking? I hope she talks to her pediatrician and Bonnie tells her that too. I doubt Bonnie will answer it though, not that I blame her!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I think I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like that Bonnie addresses things and doesn't edit them out. Whether I agree with the explanation or not, it's a discussion and acknowledgement. E&J do that tricky editing thing to hide the imperfections and I hate it! We never know what's going on, and it feels like you're being lied to. I don't want Bonnie's vlogs to become a whole lot of hidden secrets. Some of her decisions are relatable for me, others aren't, and where we differ I like hearing her thought process so I at least feel like I understand her position more.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:I think I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like that Bonnie addresses things and doesn't edit them out. Whether I agree with the explanation or not, it's a discussion and acknowledgement. E&J do that tricky editing thing to hide the imperfections and I hate it! We never know what's going on, and it feels like you're being lied to. I don't want Bonnie's vlogs to become a whole lot of hidden secrets. Some of her decisions are relatable for me, others aren't, and where we differ I like hearing her thought process so I at least feel like I understand her position more.
I agree Image
I lose all interest in vloggers when they start hiding things, Bonnie is one of the few vloggers who doesn't hide her imperfections and the thing that I've always liked her vlogs is that it's like sitting down with a friend and talking.

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by GymChick »

tratra58 wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I found this comment. Holy crap this person should ask her pediatrician this question, not Bonnie.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 82d2b8.jpg[/img]

All I can say with this mom is you can't fix stupid.

Omg lol I don't tend to "mommy shame" but WTF lol

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

She addresses _some_ things. When the comments bug her. It took her months to address Joel staying home. She deletes comments too. Someone made a good point on another thread (SlyFox, I think) That deleting hate is fine. Spitefull comments, or people just being mean for no reason other than to be mean, should be deleted. But when someone is just asking a simple question, and they don't want to answer it, deleting it instead of saying "We don't want to address that right now" seems disingenuous and makes it look as though there's something to hide. Which in turn makes people more curious.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

staceybrax wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I think I'm in the minority when I say that I actually like that Bonnie addresses things and doesn't edit them out. Whether I agree with the explanation or not, it's a discussion and acknowledgement. E&J do that tricky editing thing to hide the imperfections and I hate it! We never know what's going on, and it feels like you're being lied to. I don't want Bonnie's vlogs to become a whole lot of hidden secrets. Some of her decisions are relatable for me, others aren't, and where we differ I like hearing her thought process so I at least feel like I understand her position more.
I agree Image
I lose all interest in vloggers when they start hiding things, Bonnie is one of the few vloggers who doesn't hide her imperfections and the thing that I've always liked her vlogs is that it's like sitting down with a friend and talking.

Totally agree with you both.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Jared's Xmas present to Joel paid off in today's vlog, he got to stroke his lovely smooth face - https://giphy.com/gifs/623KJptoe9h1C
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
staceybrax wrote:
I agree Image

Totally agree with you both.

I disagree. I don't think it is hiding things, but really what impression do you want to leave the viewers. If you see bottles at nap/bedtime is an issue, what is your point to putting them in your vlogs? I can't image anyone wants to look like they are incompetent parents and Joel saying "I don't care" with the bottles and Lincoln in the face of good science and reasoning doesn't make sense.

But they do change too. We forget just a week or more ago the comments were all about filming in the bathroom which you don't see them do now...well done Bonnie and Joel:)

Hiding imperfections would be a messy house or the kids wear pajamas all the time.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:She addresses _some_ things. When the comments bug her. It took her months to address Joel staying home. She deletes comments too. Someone made a good point on another thread (SlyFox, I think) That deleting hate is fine. Spitefull comments, or people just being mean for no reason other than to be mean, should be deleted. But when someone is just asking a simple question, and they don't want to answer it, deleting it instead of saying "We don't want to address that right now" seems disingenuous and makes it look as though there's something to hide. Which in turn makes people more curious.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
I agree, the example of Joel and his job was really done respectfully on their comment section which lead me to believe it was more about Bonnie (mostly) and Joel rather than the viewers reactions. I still have hope Joel will find a different path in life with a business of his own.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I like Bonnie addressing things too.

However, something like bottles in bed, that pisses me off. Especially when he takes a pacifier. They're lazy and choosing to ignore the fact that it's bad for their toddler's teeth.

ETA: I mention the pacifier since that's a major way pacifier-takers are pacified.

Give the milk before bed, brush his teeth, give him the pacifier.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I had to pause today's vlog! Bonnie talking about the ring Joel got her. The promise ring to marry someone who made her happy. omg what a guy.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

What a great vlog by Bonnie and Joel on so many levels with the soup, talking about marriage, relationships...it was one of their best.

Was that Jared rubbing Joel's face after the shave lol....what is with that guy.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I had to pause today's vlog! Bonnie talking about the ring Joel got her. The promise ring to marry someone who made her happy. ImageImageImageImageImageImage omg what a guy.

Honestly, I don't know how you top that one. It said a lot about Joel.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”