OkBaby: Part 8

ecf997

Re: OkBaby: Part 8

Unread post by ecf997 »

miamaldari wrote:kinda off topic but does anyone remember when OK first moved to SLC and oscar 'cleaned' blueberries they just bought in a public fountain and fed it to levi? i shuddered just watching it. i'll try to find the vlog but gosh who does that?
Ew omg I didn't know he did that and I could have lived my whole life without that information.

I'm a germophobe so that made me cringe so hard Lol
ACarATorchAJess
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by ACarATorchAJess »

miamaldari wrote:kinda off topic but does anyone remember when OK first moved to SLC and oscar 'cleaned' blueberries they just bought in a public fountain and fed it to levi? i shuddered just watching it. i'll try to find the vlog but gosh who does that?
I don't see how that's gross?
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

ACarATorchAJess wrote:
I don't see how that's gross?
That water typically isn't filtered and fountains are full of germs that are easily transferred to food. A bacteria called coliform typically hangs out in public fountains. I guess it's not the WORST thing you could do, but I wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

I'm more concerned about him feeding Levi food off the floor Lol

mydietsucks_1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by mydietsucks_1 »

ecf997 wrote:
Unknowngirly wrote:Someone commented on the vlog about Levi's messed up schedule and kyra eventually commented back from her kbaby channel because so many people commented as well. She said that Levi goes to sleep at the same times and that his schedule looks confusing to us or something like that. I'll try to find it and screenshot it. But she's really trying to claim he has a schedule but sleeps until 1 in the morning?? How ridiculous
Lmao Kyra hates accepting criticisms and will write literally any constructive and well-intentioned comment off as hate if it even slightly differs from her perception of support. Honey, we see him waking up at 1 in the afternoon and again in the middle of the night because he has no fucking semblance of a schedule! And not sleeping in his room because he has no clue how to self-soothe and knows that if he cries, he'll get to play with Mom and Dad. No matter the time of night.

These goddamn YT moms think they know everything and are reinforced by their 12 year old fans.

Btw, here's her ridiculous ass comment for reference.
Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 8.40.48 PM.png
Umm, you don't say what time it is? Oscar literally showed the stove clock and said "Guess who's awake!!"
So what she is saying is that he has a schedule, its just a fucked up, unhealthy one? lol just because is awake from 10pm-5am (for example) doesnt mean hes on a good sleeping schedule
ecf997

Unread post by ecf997 »

So what she is saying is that he has a schedule, its just a fucked up, unhealthy one? lol just because is awake from 10pm-5am (for example) doesnt mean hes on a good sleeping schedule
That's literally what her minions are commenting. "Well it doesn't matter as long as he's getting an adequate amount of sleep in general!"

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

I was part of the thread about the sleeping issue and I can't believe how many little kids thought it was okay. I mean like really? I've been watching since right after they had Levi and they've both gone so down hill. Especially Oscar. They did so much better when Oscar had a job because they were on a schedule. And for the love of god let Kyra go back to editing! Editing a family vlog is not a job for Oscar, he needs to be working and let Kyra edit. She's better at it, and far less annoying. I miss her editing!
kkkk
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by kkkk »

Um Kyra you can say what you want but seriously a dog would notice how disorganized his daily schedule is as portrayed in the vlogs. Like it's obvious. Do something about it Kyra or you're going to be ROYALLY screwed when this baby comes. They truly get dumber and dumber everyday.

Nopenope2016
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Nopenope2016 »

Lmao shall I remind you all about the protein powder incident again

webbygurl626
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by webbygurl626 »

I would hate to be the neighbors in that apartment complex can u imagine listening to Oscar jump and crawl at midnight and later!

missy-1010
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by missy-1010 »

webbygurl626 wrote:I would hate to be the neighbors in that apartment complex can u imagine listening to Oscar jump and crawl at midnight and later!

I'm surprised they haven't been evicted yet. With that grill Kyra said they aren't supposed to have, the hole in the wall, and the constant noise. Maybe I'm reaching but I wouldn't want tenants like that in my complex. If Kyra and Oscar get recognized in public, im sure someone in the management section knows of them and watches them? Maybe not..
d4865
Informer
Informer

Unread post by d4865 »

The latest vlog was cute!

Oscar buying Kyra flowers and green juice!
Levi feeding Kyra popcorn.
And it was a personal vlog as well!
Also they gave each other more affection and he was calling her beautiful! Hopefully Oscar acts like this more! I just wish he would zoom out and use the G7X
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

perctpiper wrote:When Mini Bug comes we will see if Kyra has changed. IMO she's a bad mom because she wrapped blankets around her infants face, shoved bottles in his mouth before bed when he couldn't even hold a bottle, and never cared when people told her how dangerous it was. She literally threw a blanket onto levi's face while he was in the crib before he could even remove it himself, just to show the haters how badass she is. She let Oscar bait levi into FLIPPING OFF A BED and they did it multiple times. Then she said it doesn't really hurt him and he's crying for attention. That's a shit mom if you ask me.

Keren doesn't have GD. She has said multiple times she doesn't have GD. Stop saying she does like it's a fact you have absolutely 0 proof.
How about the times that Levi almost drowned?? Nothing can change that!! Even the healthy diet that everyone praises het for!! I would choose Keren in a heartbeat. Because her kid never needed to be saved! Kyra is useless ungrateful mom. Just because Levi started liking her mom the last months doesn't justify the fact that changed for the better. I do not like her at all. Keren on the other hand is a great mom I don't see any serious red flags in her parenting

Στάλθηκε από το SM-A510F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
nebula
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by nebula »

perctpiper wrote:When Mini Bug comes we will see if Kyra has changed. IMO she's a bad mom because she wrapped blankets around her infants face, shoved bottles in his mouth before bed when he couldn't even hold a bottle, and never cared when people told her how dangerous it was. She literally threw a blanket onto levi's face while he was in the crib before he could even remove it himself, just to show the haters how badass she is. She let Oscar bait levi into FLIPPING OFF A BED and they did it multiple times. Then she said it doesn't really hurt him and he's crying for attention. That's a shit mom if you ask me.

Keren doesn't have GD. She has said multiple times she doesn't have GD. Stop saying she does like it's a fact you have absolutely 0 proof.
How about the times that Levi almost drowned?? Nothing can change that!! Even the healthy diet that everyone praises het for!! I would choose Keren in a heartbeat. Because her kid never needed to be saved! Kyra is useless ungrateful mom. Just because Levi started liking her mom the last months doesn't justify the fact that changed for the better. I do not like her at all. Keren on the other hand is a great mom I don't see any serious red flags in her parenting

Whateverumean
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Whateverumean »

Sometimes I feel Kyra puts up a show. They've said it themselves that they vlog only positive aspect, how sure that the 5-10min they hold camera in front is not rehearsed? The person behind camera vs person on Twitter are so different! Shes obviously been reading here. If shes feeding him right then what abt ydays vlog when he wakes up at 1 15 pm and feeds him just blueberries? Later another nap and ends up eating cereal with Oscar and Kyra. She just tries to fill his stomach.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

nebula wrote:

"Keren on the other hand is a great mom I don't see any serious red flags in her parenting": the unprotected pool and feeding her child with junk food (among other things) prevent me from considering Keren as a great mom but it's a my personnal opinion :) (doesn't mean I consider Kyra as a great mom, I said it before I think she is getting better but I feel like Oscar immaturity is a real obstacle to her improving and she IS also immature but less than Oscar). For both Keren and Kyra, I will say when something bother me (of course!) but I will also say when I notice some improvement and I feel like a few people may do the same that's why it can seem like some are "praising" Kyra' s parenting when it's just about aknowledging some good/correct attitude.

I started watching their vlog today (Okbaby's) and they quickly talked about Kyra's councilor and I think Kyra talked about it on a video before (I am not sure but I think she said she had post partum depression with Levi and she wanted to prepare better with mini bug) and I think it's good to admit she can need help and she is not hiding it from her viewers.
Midia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Midia »

Whateverumean wrote:Sometimes I feel Kyra puts up a show. They've said it themselves that they vlog only positive aspect, how sure that the 5-10min they hold camera in front is not rehearsed? The person behind camera vs person on Twitter are so different! Shes obviously been reading here. If shes feeding him right then what abt ydays vlog when he wakes up at 1 15 pm and feeds him just blueberries? Later another nap and ends up eating cereal with Oscar and Kyra. She just tries to fill his stomach.
Maybe it's rehearsed but It can also be the case for all youtubers since they edit their video, they choose to show what they want the viewers to see...
I am pretty sure all YM read here, I am just hoping that instead of dismissing all that is said here (or just using it to show what we "would like" to see) they became aware of some of the problems they have and, I don't know, maybe really change some of their bad habits (I don't think it will be the case but who knows, one can only hope :) )
annapaulndaniel
Informer
Informer

Unread post by annapaulndaniel »

Not that I agree with it but I think Levi IS on a schedule and they allow him to be up late at night so he will wake late. It seems that their day rarely starts before early to mid afternoon. I guess there is technically nothing wrong with having a schedule different to most people but I have always wondered how in the world they stay up until 2-5am with a toddler and now I understand
Hellohiyesitsme
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hellohiyesitsme »

Nopenope2016 wrote:Lmao shall I remind you all about the protein powder incident again

Protein powder "incident?" There was no incident, just people ignorantly freaking out. Protein powder for a toddler is perfectly okay, especially the particular kind they give him. It's naturally sweetened, free of artificial anything, and even recommended for use by all ages. It is not the same as body building protein. Even if it was, protein is good for a lot more than building muscle. The powder contains amino acids that your body does not make naturally, and can only get from food, so it is particularly beneficial for kids who don't eat a lot of veggies and meat, which Levi does not. They make protein powder specifically for kids, but there's literally no difference between that and what they give him provided they follow the serving size, which is 10g out of the full 13g children 1-3 are required to take in.
sofreakingnotok
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sofreakingnotok »

annapaulndaniel wrote:Not that I agree with it but I think Levi IS on a schedule and they allow him to be up late at night so he will wake late. It seems that their day rarely starts before early to mid afternoon. I guess there is technically nothing wrong with having a schedule different to most people but I have always wondered how in the world they stay up until 2-5am with a toddler and now I understand
Except there is something wrong with the whole thing. They've completely messed up Levi's circadian rhytm and that's not good at all.

Also, to the person saying it's basically ok that they give Levi protein shake because hey, the kid doesn't eat much meat and veggies: In what universe is it acceptable to feed your healthy child kid protein just because you are too lazy to give him the real food he needs?

I second everyone who says Kyra and Oscar do not appear to be great parents, based on what we see on vlogs at least.

Return to “OKBaby”