8 Passengers: Resident Evil | Part Three

exracer
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 8 Passengers: Resident Evil / Part Three

Unread post by exracer »

omg filming poor Julie like that! Is this just a chance to show Ruby being "motherly" or something? They're all freaking the poor girl out even more by being all "omg blood and puss! eww that's horrible! you need a doctor! ahhh!" Put the camera down and give the girl some privacy. Stop freaking her out more and making her feel self conscious and shoving a camera in her face. Ugh.
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

How does Ruby not realize it's a reaction to nickel if she and her other daughters have experienced it? Why didn't she ice it in lieu of picking at it? Why make the experience such a dramatic one and embarrass and traumatized the girl?

It's so annoying when one of the kids is hurt and Ruby hugs them while looking at the camera with her eyes half closed and that solemn look on her face. It's so insincere.
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

Ruby are you kidding me !?! When your little girl is in pain and all I have ever seen you do like the last time is make her proabaly feel a lot worst by sayin "its really infected" "oh dear!" "You have puss oozing out"....you really think she wants to hear that.....it will make her think things are 10x worse than they actually are. It's a small infection and you act like her ear is about to fall off. If I remember when I was young my mum would be like "just a little infection" "we will go doctors so he can clean it up" and that's all.Ruby you are over the top, your children will become anxious people the way you over do it. Claire's is probably the worse place to get your ears pierced, like many people in the comments needle is better, I had mine done by the needle when I Was her age and i was so scared it would hurt more but it didn't hurt at all just stung a little.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by ohmygoshyouguys »

I don't hate ruby like some of you do, but my gosh the accident and injury vlogs are really getting to me. Show some respect for your children Ruby! I post about my children on my private Instagram and Facebook accounts, but I've made a rule to only share things I wouldn't mind being shared about me. Bodily functions? Off limits. Emotional breakdowns, crying, upset children? Off limits! Injuries and sickness, off limits. I worry the Franke kids will grow up and be embarrassed about what has been shown about them. It WILL happen. And Ruby trying to act SO motherly just comes off as fake. It's so strange. Stop Ruby! You used to be so likeable and sensible. What happened?
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

If Julie can survive childhood and teen years and become a happy and successful adult kudos to her! I feel like out of all the kids lately she seems to be the one getting the shortest stick.

How are their ears getting infected? Don't you have to clean the site of the ears after the first couple of days? Are they really just allergic to everything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

daisy1000 wrote:If Julie can survive childhood and teen years and become a happy and successful adult kudos to her! I feel like out of all the kids lately she seems to be the one getting the shortest stick.

How are their ears getting infected? Don't you have to clean the site of the ears after the first couple of days? Are they really just allergic to everything?

I don't understand that either. All three of my girls have pierced ears, and two of them have very sensitive skin. All you have to do is clean their earrings twice a day for the first six weeks, and twist the earring around a few times a day. I'd be willing to bet Ruby has left it in Julie's care only, and has not followed up. Kind of like how she doesn't make sure her children bathe. Ugh.

I have five kids, so just one less than Ruby. And while I'm not perfect, I feel like I'm able to take better care of my kids than what Ruby shows.
yoyo16
Informer
Informer

Unread post by yoyo16 »

LydiaE wrote:
It's so annoying when one of the kids is hurt and Ruby hugs them while looking at the camera with her eyes half closed and that solemn look on her face. It's so insincere.
So true!

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

ohmygoshyouguys wrote:
daisy1000 wrote:All you have to do is clean their earrings twice a day for the first six weeks, and twist the earring around a few times a day. I'd be willing to bet Ruby has left it in Julie's care only, and has not followed up. Kind of like how she doesn't make sure her children bathe. Ugh.

That's exactly what happened, she never cleaned the earrings or the childs ears. Those things have been in for weeks and the kid has been running around, sweating and everything. Even Chad said, "you never took them out?".
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Are they the piercing earrings? Because those you don't take out for at least a month. You clean them, and turn them. But they shouldn't be left to a little kid to manage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
longtimelurker24
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by longtimelurker24 »

lmmomSD wrote:Are they the piercing earrings? Because those you don't take out for at least a month. You clean them, and turn them. But they shouldn't be left to a little kid to manage.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Thats what i got told to do aswell you clean them with this product they give you in a little plastic bottle and you turn them. I gurantee Julie has not been doing that ( I mean come on she's a kid, she's not going to remember). Ruby should have been telling her to do it every morning for 6 weeks until she can change them. If by the sounds of it all the girls don't do well with earring she shouldn't have been taking chances, and reminded them to take better care of their new piercings.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I don't know if Ruby posted a bday video, but did she happen to mention why she didn't shower or brush her hair for her bday party/paint outing with the girls? I watched part of E&Js and noticed she looked unwashed, which she usually does, but this was celebrating her bday so I thought she would actually try.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I remember being around Julie's age and getting my ears re-pierced close to 3 times! My ears never took to earrings when I was a child, the doctor suggested I wait until I was older. I got them pierced when I was maybe 18 and they took to the piercing so much better! Sometimes there's just a big sensitivity. I feel like if Ruby knew all of her girls so far (Abby, Shari) and herself had sensitivity to lots of earrings, she should've gone ones that were a lot better than those found at Claire's. Julie's ear looked really painful.

Chaaaat

Unread post by Chaaaat »

WOW. I have been a lurker for a while now but after watching the vlog today all I could think was WOW. Is this woman really that dumb. A couple things made my blood boil. --full rant about to happen here--
1. Making the whole vlog just Julie on the kitchen counter crying
2. while all her siblings antagonized her fear and she did too!
3. Ruby edited and watched it before putting it up and probably thought hm this is quality content that deserves to be on the internet for the world to see???
First of all let's start with the fact that when Abby got her ears pierced at Claire's most of the comments on the video where telling her to please consider a professional to pierce their ears since those guns cause more trauma to the ear... she obviously reads her comments because she replies a lot but she chose to ignore this. Typical Griffiths fashion, I'm the mom and only I know what's best for my child *stomps foot* *crosses arms*
Also, she hugs Julie's head at such an awkward position to make sure she gets it on the vlog. Like ruby We alllll know that sometimescuddles from your mom made you feel better when you were little but I feel like she takes it too far for the vlog... Another thing as most of you mentioned is that if she knew and saw first hand the experience she and her 2 daughters had why make your third daughter experience the same pain?????? UGH.
Personal story here: when I was younger my mom allowed me to get a second piercing in my ear under the conditions that I had to be the one to take care of them. which I did not do and they looked just like Julie's ear I got so scared I took them out. From what happened to me and what I saw in the video it doesn't look like they were being taken care of properly. Rant over, sorry for the long post!!
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Namm wrote:Collage is out for the girls as Ruby wish for them is to get married early and become mothers just like she did...
at least for Julie and Abby! If I had the extra money I would pay for it myself (although I am a complete stranger lol) just so they could go.

seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

OldHag wrote:I don't know if Ruby posted a bday video, but did she happen to mention why she didn't shower or brush her hair for her bday party/paint outing with the girls? I watched part of E&Js and noticed she looked unwashed, which she usually does, but this was celebrating her bday so I thought she would actually try.

Yikes, she looks rough in the birthday picture.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Ruby: Show you everybody's paints!
Is that proper english?

Kevin when he was saying that they are at the point where everyone is content with their career.
What career does Ruby have? Sad is that she makes more money than him.

Nice earrings, too bad she has no clothes to go with them.
OnEDGE
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by OnEDGE »

He is happy as can be with the money she makes, it's a load off both of them.
The two older children talking about blackheads at the dinner table was nauseating and should have been sent outdoors to eat.
Ruby looks about 42 yrs. old and he looks 47. They didn't keep their pierced ears clean is what happened.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
Gossiper

The posed happy birthday song was weird. Ruby looks really tired and run down.
skyblueandblack
Talker
Talker

Unread post by skyblueandblack »

Vincere wrote:Ruby: Show you everybody's paints!
Is that proper english?

Kevin when he was saying that they are at the point where everyone is content with their career.
What career does Ruby have? Sad is that she makes more money than him.

Nice earrings, too bad she has no clothes to go with them.
I actually do think of social media / youtube stuff as a career to be honest- but I realize I'm in the minority.

Okay so here are my thoughts on the vlog:

I think its nice Kevin got her jewelry for her birthday. She is likely bringing in good money at this point for the family and so a romantic gift like jewelry I think is totally the right move. (I'm not even a huge jewelry person- but when I see my husband gets me jewelry- it feels romantic and thoughtful to me.) I couldn't help but notice though that It was earrings. They were pretty... they were nice I suppose. But my mom always told me growing up- in terms of romance- it goes in this order from least romantic to most: earrings, bracelet, necklace, ring. Who honestly knows if my mother was delusional- and kind of passed this irrational perspective onto me- but I have always kind of seen it like that too. Earrings to me say, "I kind of knew I needed to get you jewelry to look sweet and romantic- but I am getting you the least romantic kind of jewelry to passive aggressively say I am unhappy in our marriage." Am I being ridiculous? You can tell me if I am.

I also got confirmation of Grandma Griff's narcissism when Kevin said Grandma Griff helped him pick out the gift- and then Ruby later said that she got Ruby gold earrings too.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

I never thought about that but Ruby does make more money than him as a youtuber. It's also obvious that she controls that money.

And OMG I can't believe she's only just turning 35. I don't think she looks extremely old, it's the way she acts and that she has so many kids.

Return to “8 Passengers”