E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

katiepeach
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: E+E - It's all about ME! Part 20

Unread post by katiepeach »

HelloSweetie wrote:Does anyone else worry this might be heading into trigger territory for some people?

It already has, literally the vlog was trigger territory. People who are coming here are coming here because of the vlog, they know what they're coming for(what they will be reading)
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Someone in the comments compared the people thinking what Jared did was wrong to people who think breastfeeding in the public is wrong. Girl what? Those are two different things!

A woman feeding her baby in public is not gross but a grown man rubbing his face over a baby's butt is not. It's not even okay that he did it to Calvin. And the thing is Bonnie's older kids and Jackson were there when it happened. You're showing them this behavior is normal when it's not! Can you imagine Bonnie's kids going to school and telling their friends that their uncle put his face on their brother's butt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
liveyourlife22
Talker
Talker

Unread post by liveyourlife22 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 42c096.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 69dd9d.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 07f790.jpg[/img]

I'm loving the comment section today

PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

liveyourlife22 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 42c096.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 69dd9d.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 07f790.jpg[/img]

They'll have to say something in tomorrow's vlog about this.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

liveyourlife22 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 42c096.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 69dd9d.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 07f790.jpg[/img]

I don't like what Jared did to the kids but I'm glad people are finally seeing the light. Those comments are gold. Jared has been very annoying recently. Even more screaming than normal, and then this stunt rubbing toddler butt on his face. Is he on drugs? I have never seen a grown man act the way he does. So childish.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I image the only way the behavior changes with their channel is negative comments, decrease views, being reported to YouTube etc and my hope is the Mecham parents will step in. Mr. Mecham is in Marketing and Advertising and I think some of us have felt he might be working for E+J...the bigger reason is he is Jared's dad and I believe parents of adult children would be saying take this vlog down or edited this out asap. The harder part is having to look seriously at your adult son's behavior and really question if something is wrong with him in regards to the inappropriate behavior with a nephew. I am glad I am not Jared's parents.

Bonnie, I hope she thinks more about her response and she does something...she shouldn't have responded in this manner and that stubbornness is an issue for her. I will add Joel to this and his family (Joel's parents) might be calling him also and asking what is going on. I bet Bonnie and Joel have gone to the comment section on E+J comment section by now and have seen the comments that should raise a red flag. Tomorrows vlog, Joel and Bonnie might respond to this incident so they should think this over carefully.

In the end, I think Jared and Ellie must see this vlog as being ok and they feel the negative comments will go away by tomorrow's vlog...I don't think this will happen? And this (YouTube) is their only family income which has provided well for E+J and siblings...so beside this behavior being disturbing with children involved, it seems reckless to risk your livelihood to vlog in the manner they did today.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Does anyone else worry this might be heading into trigger territory for some people?
Which is why I suggested we move it to the password protected thread. Seems like feelings are running high.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I just watched it back again to see if I was overreacting. Wtf, it is just as disturbing to me as the first time. I reported it. When Bonnie came in Jared rubbed him and said "Bonnie come feel it with your lips." Wtf!? I feel bad for those poor kids. All of them. They all looked confused. Look at Jackson's face in the thumbnail. And Olivia sitting in the chair right next to them, she looked confused as well.

snickersatmidnight
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by snickersatmidnight »

Yes, after commenting on the vlog (first time doing so on E&J) I started to question if I had overreacted, but I keep getting notifications of replies to my comment and that makes the thumbnail pop up and it gives me the creeps all over again

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Unread post by larissaledingham »

Looks like jareds off to cali in the morning

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

IceCreamCone wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:One word for all of these people: boundaries.
I get that Lincoln kissing on Cody is nowhere near as bad as what Jared did. But he still should be able to say "I don't feel like being touched right now" and know that saying it is OK, and that it will be respected. Kids need to know that.
Wondering if negative comments are getting deleted as usual, or if it's just the little kids who don't get how wrong it is saying that it's funny.

But this is about Lincoln and not Cody. It's irrelevant. Bringing Bonnie up is just somehow implying she played a part in this and could have prevented it, which she could not. A Someone she trusted with her baby did a weird thing to him. Its debatable whether its a joke or molestation, but either way it is not something Bonnie was a part of or anticipated happening. To bring her name up and question her actions at all in this conversation, is just deflecting from the two people that actually did play a role in it.

This was in an E&J vlog. E&J had ample opportunity to stop filming and/or realize what a creepy and messed up idea it was. Neither one did because they are sick. They have had multiple things like this in past vlogs, its' just for some reason people are a lot quicker to forget them. The focus should be on the parties that played a part in the messed up game, and not on what Linc's parents should/should not have done with his siblings. They could have taught Linc personal space every day of his life, and he still would have let Jared take his diaper off! It's just sick. Lets not make excuses for and minimize it by pointing out the errors of others.

I just knew when I saw that I would come here and find at least a few people suggesting its Bonnie's fault.
Okay way way way out of context.. that is not even close to what l was saying. What l said had zero to do with Bonnie or Lincoln being at fault. It also had nothing to do with Lincoln being taught personal space, and everything to do with the fact that Cody isn't allowed to say "I don't want to be touched." I think Jared found it okay to do what he did because of how the whole extended family regulary interacts with one another. Although it crosses the line big time from our perspective- it's so normal for them it's doesn't even stand out as wrong. l fear for those kids because repetitive smacking of bums (not just your babies butt even your sister's child's) talking EXCESSIVELY about your children's "cute" private body parts, feeding kids out of one another's mouths, kissing baby bottoms, an adult licking ice cream off a child's clothing, and 100 other examples (yes l get some examples are more innapropriate than others) all scream DETERMENTAL for the kids in this family. They are setting the kids up to have a poor sense of ownership over their bodies. My orginal post got twisted and had none of the malicious intent or insinuation that's been implied. On the contrary, as a person who actually was a victim of a family member sexually abusing them (and 8 other females in my family), l find the whole Jared vlog vile. That being said, l find the families lack of regard for children's physical boundaries disturbing. W/O starting a whole new debate-Ruby has posted some vlogs where she has talked about Shari's appearance with a hypersexual undertone that IMO are just as innapropriate as Jarod's vlog today. My point is it is all part of a bigger picture. It's one big dysfunctional dynamic in this family that they dont even view as wrong.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
snickersatmidnight
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by snickersatmidnight »

How do we view their channel stats? A lot of people have commented they're unsubscribing because of this vlog and I'm curious if there's a way to see just how many actually have? Wishful thinking on my part probably that it's enough to make a dent.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

snickersatmidnight wrote:How do we view their channel stats? A lot of people have commented they're unsubscribing because of this vlog and I'm curious if there's a way to see just how many actually have? Wishful thinking on my part probably that it's enough to make a dent.

You can look up individual channels and they give you some data.

https://socialblade.com/
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

snickersatmidnight wrote:How do we view their channel stats? A lot of people have commented they're unsubscribing because of this vlog and I'm curious if there's a way to see just how many actually have? Wishful thinking on my part probably that it's enough to make a dent.

This is what social blade has, but not sure how to read it xD I've only ever really paid attention to the subscriber count thing on their website.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 07c173.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

staceybrax wrote:I was reading some of the comments on bonnie's vlog and someone asked how she felt about the whole thing with Lincoln and she said "if I wasn't ok with it it wouldn't be up"
So she's just as bad as Ellie and Jared, they have such a messed up idea of personal space and what is ok and what isn't.
I haven't discussed this incident in the vlog for precisely this reason, I was waiting for how Bonnie behaved after_the_fact/off camera, as opposed to lumping all the Griffiths into the same boat over their questionable boundaries that many discussed on here previously.

Her reaction above is the clincher for me (if indeed that was her, not seen a screenshot). If so, I now agree that Bonnie is as bad as Ellie and Jared regarding their children's personal space and autonomy. I am disgusted by all of them and yes, that includes Joel, it's his son too.

ETA: IF Bonnie and Joel's decision to not ask E+J to edit that scene out was based on not causing a rift within the family and/or their YouTube careers, I'm sorry but some thing's supersede that. And it's precisely keeping quiet to keep the peace that allows such thing's as abuse to continue.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Ceirsten8676 »

They changed the thumbnail! Image

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Scar2016 wrote:
whiterose90 wrote:I think its hilarious that they go to these paint nights and think their mediocre paintings are so beautiful and artistic. I don't want to see that & its so boring.
That's how you live the wild night life in Mormon Utah. *Yawn*
I have not been to a paint night,but the bones here you bring wine and cheese or something. Since I can barely draw a straight line, I would probably just drink the wine.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So, they lost close to 60K subscribers. Clueless. His Verizon job won't pay the mortgage on that McMansion. Ellie will be pissed if she can't have her Lush bombs in her big tub and sit on the floor in her special laundry room to fold laundry.

freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Not for nothing, but if they are seeing nothing wrong with the incident then where are their boundaries drawn? When the child is fully nude? It's things like that, where they see no harm or how that is inappropriate that makes you wonder where they think crossing the line is. And tbh, the whole thing was creepy! The way Jared was saying how he has to test it out with a baby's bum, to when he walked in and said "Calvin and Lincoln, I need you!"

Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

lmmomSD wrote:So, they lost close to 60K subscribers. Clueless. His Verizon job won't pay the mortgage on that McMansion. Ellie will be pissed if she can't have her Lush bombs in her big tub and sit on the floor in her special laundry room to fold laundry.

Those were not subscribers, were views.

Return to “Ellie and Jared”