SweetAsANutMate
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: BritneyandBabyTaters- Part 21

Unread post by SweetAsANutMate »

Blackswan wrote:
Mamafirst wrote:I get the sense that Brit is overwhelmed too.
I don't blame her for that though. The newborn stage was hell for me both times. And each time my girls dealt with jaundice and it was horrible. My oldest had to be hospitalized and almost needed a blood transfusion. It was a mess. On top of that, I failed at breastfeeding both times as well.
Idk, the newborn stage just isn't for some people.. it definitely wasn't for me. I'm not sure I'd say that for Britney too, but I can totally relate to "surviving" a night with a newborn. Especially if you add on issues with breastfeeding too.
I feel for her. Going from 1-2 was incredibly hard for me and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
I can only imagine going from 2-3, then 3-4, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I mean she did CHOOSE this sooooo...
Yeah she did choose this, much like most people who have more kids. That doesn't mean that pregnancy is for them, or the newborn stage is for them.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Personally, I think she loves the newborn stage. I went back and watched old videos of Aria and Nolan and omg.
"Good morneeeeeng! You had a poopy, hwuh? Ohhh yeas, yes you diiddddd. Oohhhhhh such a biigggg booyyyy/guuurrrllll. Such a little myann Nolan. Let's get you some milk Ariaaaaaa. Ohhhhhhh. Are you okway??? Awwww ohhhh ahhhhhh ohhhh".

I had to stop watching after 10 seconds.

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

You know what else is easier? Getting married and buying a house first, then having kids. Then buying a bigger house after you've saved up. Call me crazy.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

gypsophila wrote:You know what else is easier? Getting married and buying a house first, then having kids. Then buying a bigger house after you've saved up. Call me crazy.
I took this route. Parts of motherhood have still been really, really difficult. Having a baby that doesn't sleep, not having much support, etc. can be really hard. We've lost the "village" that used to be much more typical. I know what I'm getting into (we tried for baby #3) but I am still worried about how we'll all adjust, and it's been a long time since I had to subsist on 2 hours of sleep or dealt with breastfeeding and such. I love being a mom, but I think we do each other a disservice to act like everything is easy and we can never talk about our real feelings or admit when things are tough. When I had moments when I was really really struggling, it was met with a lot of "enjoy every minute!" and "oh I wish I could go back, it all goes so fast so enjoy it, this will pass" or "imagine doing all that AND working, I wish I could stay home." I wish Britney would talk more openly about it all, and not just complain about EVERYTHING while also maintaining the facade of perfection. Because sometimes you DO need to hear "you're right, this really sucks, hang in there" or "it's okay if you don't enjoy every second" when you're bouncing a baby at 3am who just projectile-vomited all over you, and is hungry but won't latch because they're so upset.

I also think you can love a stage but still find it difficult. Like, I absolutely LOVE newborns and snuggling with them and holding them on my chest and breathing in that new baby smell, getting to know them, taking in all their perfect details. But I also really don't enjoy not sleeping. I don't love explosive poops when you just got them in their carseat. I don't love figuring out reflux. I don't think that makes me ill-prepared or not a good mother, or even whiny... it makes me an honest human being. I think it's just annoying because Britney complains about every little detail of her life, so it's hard to relate to her when she talks about her "crazy kids" but then she shows them playing with toys on an otherwise clean floor. When my kids are "crazy," it looks like a hurricane went through here, and usually one of them ends up crying because they fell off of something I just told them not to stand on or they got hit in the face with a ball or found out that wrestling can sometimes hurt. If Britney had a better overall lookout, I think we could relate to her a lot more when things are ACTUALLY hard. Like, when she talked candidly about Nolan's diagnosis, I cried. If she filmed herself in the middle of the night with bloodshot eyes talking about how hard this newborn stage can be, I could totally nod along and feel for her. But I can't relate to her complaining about how exhausted she is from drinking Starbucks and showing us her latest Target haul.
Aboogabooga
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Aboogabooga »

gypsophila wrote:You know what else is easier? Getting married and buying a house first, then having kids. Then buying a bigger house after you've saved up. Call me crazy.
Well that ship has sailed

gypsophila
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by gypsophila »

Lol, yeah, I think all the ships have sailed for her, sadly. I just find it hard to take a YT'er seriously when everything they show is rented, they're not married and they put on airs about everything. I'd rather watch someone struggling a bit, but being honest and real about life. I really feel the teen mom route thing is not a good role model either.
“Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.”- Buddha
Mamax1215
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Mamax1215 »

gypsophila wrote:Lol, yeah, I think all the ships have sailed for her, sadly. I just find it hard to take a YT'er seriously when everything they show is rented, they're not married and they put on airs about everything. I'd rather watch someone struggling a bit, but being honest and real about life. I really feel the teen mom route thing is not a good role model either.
I feel like all she has going for her is pregnancy updates, baby hauls and some funky recipes. Once all the baby excitement fades what else does she have going for her. Being holed up in her house with the lights off talking about how cray cray the kids are or making a target trip with her tribe in tow and her missions to go food shopping. She needs to give up the act and come back down with the rest of us.
exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

Yeah. Her situation is not typical for teen moms. I know college educated women who waited until their thirties to have children and still struggle to buy a house and couldn't afford to stay home if they wanted to, let alone go shopping and eat out all the time. I stay home with my kids but it's a juggling act (we're comfortable but we still budget and I can't just go shopping and eat out every day). I hope none of her young followers think this is a typical of the life of a teen mom, or achievable for most at her age. My mom was a teen mom, and her life was NOT this way. My parents worked multiple jobs, rented cheap apartments, used hand-me-down clothing and furniture, relied on family for babysitting, clipped coupons, ate cheap food, etc. They ended up doing well for themselves, but not for quite some time. The teen parents I know today are struggling, some even several years after having their children. Britney has been incredibly fortunate, but I don't think she even truly realizes it. Can you imagine if Ean hadn't stuck around? If he lost his job? If they hadn't known someone who could help them with their "house"? If youtube changed how they were paid or her viewership dropped substantially? Her life could look very very different.
JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

I am a bit susupcious that they are as well off as she puts on screen. I mean a college educated couple might not even have it "as well off" as they do. I (and this is all speculation and thoughts from MY head) think they either get help as B stated before from her family, or they live paycheck to paycheck. I mean if they had $1000 rent (highly unlikely seeing as they are renting from uncle) and Ean is making let's say 15$ an hour that's 2600 a month. Enough to pay rent and bills but definitely NOT rolling in cash. And even at 15 an hour with now 5 people they could qualify for assistance depending on how much Britney makes. I just don't think all is sunshine and roses in their financial department. Just my opinion.

And now with 3 kids I don't even think she will drag herself out to target as often.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

JennaLuvBug wrote:I am a bit susupcious that they are as well off as she puts on screen. I mean a college educated couple might not even have it "as well off" as they do. I (and this is all speculation and thoughts from MY head) think they either get help as B stated before from her family, or they live paycheck to paycheck. I mean if they had $1000 rent (highly unlikely seeing as they are renting from uncle) and Ean is making let's say 15$ an hour that's 2600 a month. Enough to pay rent and bills but definitely NOT rolling in cash. And even at 15 an hour with now 5 people they could qualify for assistance depending on how much Britney makes. I just don't think all is sunshine and roses in their financial department. Just my opinion.

And now with 3 kids I don't even think she will drag herself out to target as often.

No she will just shop online. The girl had a dangerous habit of buying things to make her feel better ( coming from someone with depression/anxiety, I used to do it too) and that is really gonna hurt them.

JennaLuvBug
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by JennaLuvBug »

smom12 wrote:
No she will just shop online. The girl had a dangerous habit of buying things to make her feel better ( coming from someone with depression/anxiety, I used to do it too) and that is really gonna hurt them.

I absolutely have an addiction to shopping online. Once I order one thing I have to order another, and another, because the feeling of getting a package in the mail is exciting. Eventually I say okay Jenna stop ordering shit. Lol. But, I don't have a spending problem outside of that. I'm bit of a cheap ass, and after working for 10 hours I just wanna go home with my kids.

exracer
Informer
Informer

Unread post by exracer »

Yeah, I agree with that as a possibility (that she's not as financially well off as she puts off). She still shows her life as being a certain way. Everything is picture perfect. Doesn't mean behind the scenes aren't a mess.
smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

I agree with all of you. In the beginning she was relatable. Now she just comes off as a superficial girl who is obsessed with white everything.

smom12
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by smom12 »

Tell me again how your life is so so so crazy alll of the time.

Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

JennaLuvBug wrote:I am a bit susupcious that they are as well off as she puts on screen. I mean a college educated couple might not even have it "as well off" as they do. I (and this is all speculation and thoughts from MY head) think they either get help as B stated before from her family, or they live paycheck to paycheck. I mean if they had $1000 rent (highly unlikely seeing as they are renting from uncle) and Ean is making let's say 15$ an hour that's 2600 a month. Enough to pay rent and bills but definitely NOT rolling in cash. And even at 15 an hour with now 5 people they could qualify for assistance depending on how much Britney makes. I just don't think all is sunshine and roses in their financial department. Just my opinion.

Yeah I have a feeling they get help financially from other sources. Whether that be government help or family help.

My husband said we might be in another tax bracket this year and even then we struggle financially. We have ONE child and another on the way and pay only 50% of rent in a small ass apartment because my husbands parents are the managers so we get rent discount. But like others said I too had a shopping addiction and put us in debt because of it. Only now am I close to paying off our debt completely and that honestly is more exciting than getting a package in the mail. Knowing soon very soon I won't be getting credit card bills feels really good. I still shop but have stopped myself enormously. We have even been purging our place because we have accumulated a lot of junk over the years. And with all that comes saving for a house finally.

Britney really needs to reevaluate herself.
Blackswan
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Blackswan »

smom12 wrote:Tell me again how your life is so so so crazy alll of the time.

She got her NEWBORN to nap??????! Nooooo?

Please please Britney tell us your secret!! How on earth do you do it?!?!?!?! Let us average moms know how amazing mother such as yourself do it?
QueenOnFire95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by QueenOnFire95 »

Exactly. It's her third time in 5 years, this she be old hat to her. I get that it's rough with a newborn, but she is already acting like she has never had one before.

I'll say again, I think Nolan is having a harder time than even she expected him too.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
Agree. I'm sure she took it for granted that both aria and nolan are going to adjust perfectly on the brand new baby, because if someone would show a slight jealousy it would ruin her so called "perfect " family picture. Britney needs to grow up. She has to open her eyes and realize that NOTHING in in anyone's life is perfect. And her "perfect " life is NOT perfect either.
QueenOnFire95
Informer
Informer

GetYouTubesTied wrote:My heart goes out to Nolan for the feelings he is likely experiencing right now. He went from never sleeping in his own bed, never being separated from Britney for more than 2 hours, to spending 48 hours without seeing her (which feels like an eternity when you're that small). Then, the day Nolan finally does reunite with his mom, he finds a new baby in her arms and can look forward to his first night sleeping in his own bed at home. How overwhelming (and unnecessary) for a little one to go through all of these major things in the space of a few days. For his sake, I am pissed that Britney irresponsibly made zero effort to ease him into this transition! Way to go.
I feel the same. I do feel bad for Nolan. And the fact that she's so careless about important things like how to make a 2 year old to adjust to a new member of the family, but she's paying so much attention to stupid stuff like what to cook from Pinterest, buying useless shit for decorating her house...
QueenOnFire95
Informer
Informer

QueenOnFire95 wrote:Exactly. It's her third time in 5 years, this she be old hat to her. I get that it's rough with a newborn, but she is already acting like she has never had one before.

I'll say again, I think Nolan is having a harder time than even she expected him too.

Agree. I'm sure she took it for granted that both aria and nolan are going to adjust perfectly on the brand new baby, because if someone would show a slight jealousy it would ruin her so called "perfect " family picture. Britney needs to grow up. She has to open her eyes and realize that NOTHING in in anyone's life is perfect. And her "perfect " life is NOT perfect either.
Crazymess1215
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Crazymess1215 »

I actually kinda like the name Harlow (though I would never use it for any of my children) but Harlow Avery doesn't flow together nicely at all. Nicole Riches daughter is Harlow Winter Kate and for some reason it sounds so much prettier that way. I also feel like Nolan is probably having a hard time with all this. I mean the way she always describes him and says "he's so attached to me" he's a sensitive mama's boy" makes me believe that he's probably having a hard time. idk why she would put they are adjusting well on her update. Maybe Aria. But definitely not little Nolan. And I noticed Harlow has a maxi cosi car seat? Those are not cheap at all. I think they are like $230.. I saw one on Nordstrom.com and it was $330 which is crazy expensive for an infant car seat. She's lucky she can afford that kinda stuff. I know I wanted a maxi cosi car seat for my son but it was way out of our price range

Return to “Britneyandbaby”