Samika? Part 1

bam
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Re: Samika? Part 1

Unread post by bam »

Apparently, while we're all gushing over Jen here on YTMD, someone talked smack about her on yesterday's vlog. I didn't see the comment but Sam talked about it on today's vlog. Why would they do that? Jen is the most sincere person and as Sam said, has no bad bone. I awww'd when he said "anyone who doubts that, they don't deserve her" :fit2: Ugh I feel bad for her :evil:
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by PopTheButterfly »

bam wrote:Apparently, while we're all gushing over Jen here on YTMD, someone talked smack about her on yesterday's vlog. I didn't see the comment but Sam talked about it on today's vlog. Why would they do that? Jen is the most sincere person and as Sam said, has no bad bone. I awww'd when he said "anyone who doubts that, they don't deserve her" :fit2: Ugh I feel bad for her :evil:
He seems like the sweetest husband and you can tell that they both really love each other. I'm not an OG viewer, but I've been watching them since near the end of "season 1" lol. They are #relationshipgoals and I thought their discussion about money and budgetting was very honest and real. Me and husband just had the same discussions as well and it's refreshing to see a couple who don't throw money away *cough*B&ME&J*cough*

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

PopTheButterfly wrote:
bam wrote:Apparently, while we're all gushing over Jen here on YTMD, someone talked smack about her on yesterday's vlog. I didn't see the comment but Sam talked about it on today's vlog. Why would they do that? Jen is the most sincere person and as Sam said, has no bad bone. I awww'd when he said "anyone who doubts that, they don't deserve her" :fit2: Ugh I feel bad for her :evil:
He seems like the sweetest husband and you can tell that they both really love each other. I'm not an OG viewer, but I've been watching them since near the end of "season 1" lol. They are #relationshipgoals and I thought their discussion about money and budgetting was very honest and real. Me and husband just had the same discussions as well and it's refreshing to see a couple who don't throw money away *cough*B&ME&J*cough*

Do you remember which vlog that was from (money and budget talk)? I used to watch their vids randomly but I only finally subscribed when Jen was pregnant with PJ. I totally agree, they have their priorities straight.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

bam wrote:
PopTheButterfly wrote:

Do you remember which vlog that was from (money and budget talk)? I used to watch their vids randomly but I only finally subscribed when Jen was pregnant with PJ. I totally agree, they have their priorities straight.
Will We Vlog This Year? In the scene where Sam is interviewed by Jenika he discusses that all the ad revenue Jen receives will go towards saving for a house and I think they go on to say that earnings from Sam's work will go towards the bills. I think there was more discussion on finances in that vlog but not sure at the moment. It was a very small comment but to me it made me feel like they were being very honest and real in that moment. I also like the scene where Jen's dad got Noah the wrong toy and she discussed that it wasn't the wrong toy because it wasn't the toy they requested him to buy for Noah and Penelope, but because it had been marked up over 2x as much on Amazon and they didn't want him paying so much for their children. I feel that if that was any of the other money hungry vloggers they would have been more upset with the wrong gift being bought and then we would have seen the right gift and the wrong one in the same room at some point. I also know they've been very open with discussing money and spending in the past as well.

bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

^ Ooohhh yeah that vlog! I remember going to Jen's IG and watching her fitness ad over and over again to contribute to the views :lol: I love that they set that kind of realistic goal instead of just splurging. I sooooo wish that they would get more views to help them out.
PopTheButterfly
Talker
Talker

bam wrote:^ Ooohhh yeah that vlog! I remember going to Jen's IG and watching her fitness ad over and over again to contribute to the views Image I love that they set that kind of realistic goal instead of just splurging. I sooooo wish that they would get more views to help them out.
I do too! They got such a raw deal from the whole Trixin thing. I hope, if the vlogging thing doesn't work for them in the future, that Sam gets some sort of editting job. His vlogs are so beautiful and you can tell he has talent for it. I don't think I will ever understand why all the best vloggers don't have the best views, because Samika certainly deserves to have more views. I made this huge post in the Cullen and Katie page, but it seems to me that people don't care about the hours of effort it can take to make a beautiful vlog. I've made 2 videos for YouTube before for classes and both took hours to make. It's hard work and some vloggers do it very lazily and get a ton of views, but others do it very beautifully and get crap views. -_-

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Sometimes I wonder if they would get more attention if they lived in a different area? At the same time, I wonder if they turn down press opportunities? I hope when they attend the LaVinge's wedding they get the chance to network outside of Shay's orbit. I can't stand Jerry and Dee, but they seem to be friendly with everyone on YouTube. I imagine their wedding will be a mini convention for family vloggers. I hope they'll have the chance to pick up new subs. I hope they're able to attend a few of the conventions this year. I think being so involved in Trixin really didn't give them the opportunity to take advantage of conventions. I would love to see Sam and Jamie from Jamie and Nikki collab. I feel like they could learn from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

^I watched the vlog "AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!" today (I've been binge watching lol) and Sam mentioned that to support themselves, they need to do brand deals. He said that they get emails everyday and can do one everyday to earn more money but choose not to because they are selective and people don't like ads. That says soooo much about their character.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Lovethesnark wrote:Sometimes I wonder if they would get more attention if they lived in a different area? At the same time, I wonder if they turn down press opportunities? I hope when they attend the LaVinge's wedding they get the chance to network outside of Shay's orbit. I can't stand Jerry and Dee, but they seem to be friendly with everyone on YouTube. I imagine their wedding will be a mini convention for family vloggers. I hope they'll have the chance to pick up new subs. I hope they're able to attend a few of the conventions this year. I think being so involved in Trixin really didn't give them the opportunity to take advantage of conventions. I would love to see Sam and Jamie from Jamie and Nikki collab. I feel like they could learn from each other.

I'm excited for them to go to Jerry and Dee's wedding only because I know it'll be a trainwreck cause the Lavignes are super tacky, super shady, and don't have any real friends to invite. I'm excited to see it from other vloggers pov.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

bam wrote:^I watched the vlog "AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!" today (I've been binge watching lol) and Sam mentioned that to support themselves, they need to do brand deals. He said that they get emails everyday and can do one everyday to earn more money but choose not to because they are selective and people don't like ads. That says soooo much about their character.
But when they do brand deals, they do such a nice job. I'm glad they have the opportunity to do so many, and that even though they aren't drowning in subs, they are doing ok.
Trixin did get them to a lot of conventions that maybe they wouldn't have gotten to otherwise, but I think Sam was so busy having to suck up to Shay that they didn't have time to network as much. They could conceivably hang out with E&J more, but I like that they don't.
One thing I really like about them is their ability to take criticism. I don't mean being rude, but for instance people were commenting about Noah's speech a few months back. Instead of freaking out and deleting all the comments, they addressed it. They said they thought he was on track, but that if he needed help, they would get it for him. They were really cool about it, and said they appreciated the concern. So different from other vloggers, (cough cough DB, E&J, cough) who freak out at any suggestion that they are anything but perfect.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

rdt1004 wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Sometimes I wonder if they would get more attention if they lived in a different area? At the same time, I wonder if they turn down press opportunities? I hope when they attend the LaVinge's wedding they get the chance to network outside of Shay's orbit. I can't stand Jerry and Dee, but they seem to be friendly with everyone on YouTube. I imagine their wedding will be a mini convention for family vloggers. I hope they'll have the chance to pick up new subs. I hope they're able to attend a few of the conventions this year. I think being so involved in Trixin really didn't give them the opportunity to take advantage of conventions. I would love to see Sam and Jamie from Jamie and Nikki collab. I feel like they could learn from each other.

I'm excited for them to go to Jerry and Dee's wedding only because I know it'll be a trainwreck cause the Lavignes are super tacky, super shady, and don't have any real friends to invite. I'm excited to see it from other vloggers pov.

I dislike Jerry and Dee so much that I can't even enjoy their trainwrecks. I just feel bad for the kids that they've turned into cash cows. I saw someone say that the little girl is also showing signs of delays too. I hope that isn't true. It seems like they are more focused on portraying a certain type of lifestyle than meeting their kids needs. I was kinda surprised when Sam and Jenn said they would attending their wedding. I know Jenn mentioned Dee sending gifts and they've spoke a couple of times, but that was a while ago. Much like DB, I'm going to assume Jerry and Dee have some redeeming qualities off camera. I've never thought DB were terrible people, I can't say the same for Jerry and Dee. The wedding should be interesting. With Sam there, Jerry and Dee might get some decent footage of their wedding.
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

bam wrote:^I watched the vlog "AN ANSWER TO MY PRAYERS!" today (I've been binge watching lol) and Sam mentioned that to support themselves, they need to do brand deals. He said that they get emails everyday and can do one everyday to earn more money but choose not to because they are selective and people don't like ads. That says soooo much about their character.
This. I find it so easy to respect them by how open they are with stuff like this. They are very deserving because of how kind and appreciative they are <3 Like mentioned above, the grave stone bit with Jenn got me so emotional. She was so happy and excited to help out her friend and to visit her friend's baby. She has such a kind heart and Sam's love for her is extraordinary. When he said something about how anyone who doubts her doesn't deserve her...ugh my heart <3 Enough fangirling, lol but I really think they deserve everything they get plus more compared to the other fake and money hungry vloggers, i'm sure we can think of a few. Plus, their shots & clips are absolutely amazing.
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
This. I find it so easy to respect them by how open they are with stuff like this. They are very deserving because of how kind and appreciative they are <3 Like mentioned above, the grave stone bit with Jenn got me so emotional. She was so happy and excited to help out her friend and to visit her friend's baby. She has such a kind heart and Sam's love for her is extraordinary. When he said something about how anyone who doubts her doesn't deserve her...ugh my heart <3 Enough fangirling, lol but I really think they deserve everything they get plus more compared to the other fake and money hungry vloggers, i'm sure we can think of a few. Plus, their shots & clips are absolutely amazing.
Right!!? They are tastefully done and you can really feel the moment. I hate cheesy ass, scripted montages lol
bam
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bam »

i love that they let noah play with an elsa doll, and he's been doing so well with his potty training!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So Sam is working as an extra on the same TV show as Jackson, Carlie Butler's husband. I sincerely hope that they don't start socializing and vlogging with them. I couldn't bear to see sweet Jenn hanging out shallow, bimbo Carlie.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

lmmomSD wrote:So Sam is working as an extra on the same TV show as Jackson, Carlie Butler's husband. I sincerely hope that they don't start socializing and vlogging with them. I couldn't bear to see sweet Jenn hanging out shallow, bimbo Carlie.

I can't bear to see Sam hanging out with that racist classist asshole Jackson. If they really became friends, anything more than just cordial socializing for vlogs, I would definitely see them in a different light and side eye him.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

rdt1004 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So Sam is working as an extra on the same TV show as Jackson, Carlie Butler's husband. I sincerely hope that they don't start socializing and vlogging with them. I couldn't bear to see sweet Jenn hanging out shallow, bimbo Carlie.

I can't bear to see Sam hanging out with that racist classist asshole Jackson. If they really became friends, anything more than just cordial socializing for vlogs, I would definitely see them in a different light and side eye him.

Well, they already knew Carlie and Jackson from working at Trixin. I don't see them having much in common those two complete assholes! Why was Jackson even there on a weekday? Doesn't he have a real job that he tells everyone he works so hard at?? :roll: :roll:
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

In the vlog from the 19th called "I THINK WE DID IT", Sam said that one of the things he hates most is people who have social media influence and use it to bash companies, and he specifically said "whether it's airlines, or other things...". I immediately thought of Bryan Lanning and his Twitter tantrum at American Airlines last year, nice shade Sam :P
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Shay also whined about Delta overbooking flights. So it could be a little shade at Shay too.

AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

Ah, I don't really keep up with Shay so I didn't know that. Either way I think it was aimed at someone...normally passive-aggressive digs are annoying but I like Sam so I'll give him a pass, haha

Return to “Q-Z”