Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Snootfullofhoneybees wrote:Every decision they make is a "personal parenting call" that doesn't mean it is free from criticism? I wonder how it would be to say all of the things people hate about how E&j raise their kids as personal parenting calls. I'm sorry but that just seems pointless to say and a good cop out.
I think you should read my post again, you clearly misunderstood it. I didn't say it was free from criticism at all. I said that people giving their opinion seem to get just as defensive about vloggers not immediately listening to them. There is a lot of good advice out there, but also a lot of bad. Some calls are personal calls with polarizing opinions. This is one of them. For example, some people say never to let your child out of your sight. Some feel it's ok. Everyone thinks they are right. Why would a YT Vlogger be any different? Their parenting style over the smaller issues isn't going to change because a handful of viewers tell them to. Yes E&Js decisiins are personal calls. The ones that won't hurt the kids anyway. Like turning Calvin's car seat around early, or taking his Bonnie away cold turkey. Their call to make. I never post in their comments telling them something and then get annoyed when they don't listen. Why would I? Of course they won't listen! They are going to feed the boys tiny meals and lock Penny up no matter what someone says. Why would a comment or two in a sea of positivity change that?

These are still real people. People hate criticism from even those who are the closest to them. Narcissistic vloggers are not going to listen to the miserable haters who comment on their vlogs. They will listen to the ass kissers.... especially when it's something debatable like how to discipline.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:Joel looks so uncomfortable in the back of the Uber with Cullen and Jared! Check out Cullen's IG story.
Welcome to YT life Joel. You signed up for this.

Next month... Bonnie parties with the ladies on the "girl's trip." Image
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:Joel looks so uncomfortable in the back of the Uber with Cullen and Jared! Check out Cullen's IG story.

If that happens, I am interested to see how these interactions pan out for more than a night of hanging out.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

actuallydear wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

If that happens, I am interested to see how these interactions pan out for more than a night of hanging out.
My Prediction?

Missy spends all the time "busy" on her phone. (Unless the girls trio includes Mimi, in which case Missy doesn't need to FaceTime her constantly).

Bonnie gets annoyed and grumpy and realizes she misses her family. That, or she cuts loose and goes a bit manic and wild and does/says a bunch of crazy things. (I do think she's hit it off with Katie).

Katie opts out and decides not to go. Or goes and talks way more to Bonnie than Ellie.

Ellie alternates between being loud and sullen depending on how much attention she's getting. (And walks around in her bathing suit A LOT unnecessarily).

Everyone else kisses butt and tries to act like they fit in and everything is SO FUN.

The men at home will do better than expected looking after the kids making us actually wonder how hard the women work.

At least it will all be something different!
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

aprilfromengland wrote:Absolutely disgusted with the way they have handled the nail biting. It is also embarrassing for Olivia to have family/peers having to watch her go through this on the internet let alone 1000's of strangers. Bonnie very much gets her own way with everything, I feel like Joel is scared of her, he pussyfoots around her, like telling her about the car. She seems to be very controlling in my opinion and she has gone way overboard with Olivia's punishment but god forbid her little princess has bitten nails, yeah it's not nice but you don't punish someone that harshly for a habit like that, nail biting isn't bad behaviour.

Bonnie has bad habits, I think nap time needs to be taken away for 7 days every time the dang kids are left unattended on counters, outside, on the freaking table....wow she would be shattered!!!
A nail bitten princess in Utah won't find a husband later though. Husbands, babies, nice nails and pretty hair. Come on Olivia, step up. #LifeGoals [Insert eye roll]
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

AutumnLane wrote:When Bonnie was inspecting Olivia's hands you could tell Olivia was petrified of what Bonnie's reaction would be. All Bonnie is doing is contributing to Olivia's anxiety. Bonnie wants to micromanage every aspect of her kids lives. First the blanket training now this... her discipline techniques are awful. She deserves every ounce of negative feedback she is getting.
All her children are afraid of her. They are also loved yes, and she may be raising well mannered polite kids, but the cost of fear is in the equation. Fear of disappointing, fear of getting in trouble, fear of shame, of guilt, etc. Nothing that is fear driven proves to raise a child's self esteem. It's an archaic way of parenting to most of us in the Western world but I guess old school is the Mormon/Griffiths/Hoellien etc way. :?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sarai wrote:Bonnie deserves to be called out, and it's sad she dismisses people's concerns. If you don't want people commenting on how you parent, then don't put it out there for the public. It's as simple as that! She's just as stubborn and passive aggressive as Ellie when it comes to criticism. And of course Joel doesn't say anything because Bonnie has his balls in a vice.
With Jared's balls in a jar in Ellie's ice pantry and Joel's ball's in a vice, at least we can all rest easy on this current boy's trip. 8-)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

ferriswheel wrote:Personal parenting calls are fine, if you put them on the internet for thousands of people to watch be prepared to be criticized.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Exactly. And it's not being butt hurt that she doesn't listen to _me_. Not even butt hurt. However, when has Bonnie reacted to any criticism with "You might be right. I will think about it" or the like? It's always, "They're my kids. I will parent them as I see fit". Someone mentioned Sam and the puppy. They were also that way about Noah's speech when people were expressing concern. Even things that have a basis in fact, like Lincoln taking a bottle to bed, are responded to with "we don't care"
I have never said I was a perfect parent. I have made tons of mistakes. I worry about them all the time, and I am sure I am still making mistakes. Most moms I know worry about their parenting and are concerned that they are screwing up their kids. Bonnie is "confident" that she's not making mistakes. And that's what I see a problem with.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

lmmomSD wrote:
ferriswheel wrote:Personal parenting calls are fine, if you put them on the internet for thousands of people to watch be prepared to be criticized.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk
Exactly. And it's not being butt hurt that she doesn't listen to _me_. Not even butt hurt. However, when has Bonnie reacted to any criticism with "You might be right. I will think about it" or the like? It's always, "They're my kids. I will parent them as I see fit". Someone mentioned Sam and the puppy. They were also that way about Noah's speech when people were expressing concern. Even things that have a basis in fact, like Lincoln taking a bottle to bed, are responded to with "we don't care"
I have never said I was a perfect parent. I have made tons of mistakes. I worry about them all the time, and I am sure I am still making mistakes. Most moms I know worry about their parenting and are concerned that they are screwing up their kids. Bonnie is "confident" that she's not making mistakes. And that's what I see a problem with.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
i agree, i'm not annoyed about her not listening to the criticism because "how dare she not listen to ME!!!" i'm annoyed because she never listens to criticism period, and sometimes she really really needs to for the good of her children!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Back before she started getting what she probably perceives as hate, Bonnie was more open to opinions. Now she's defensive because she probably feels attacked. If you have a parent or in law that is always critical, are you going to consider their opinion, or just get more annoyed with it?

All I'm saying is I thought her comment about governing her own family was very diplomatic. I may not agree with everything she does, and don't agree with quite a lot lately, but I didn't see anything wrong with that comment. It is her family, and she doesn't have to listen to any of us if she doesn't want to. My concern is whether or not she's self-aware enough to realize her own mistakes and adjust. That remains to be seen and I don't feel her comment changed that. She said they make the decisions right? She didn't stomp her foot and say they won't change their minds.

But given a lot of the comments about how Olivia obviously fears Bonnie and how wrong that is, I clearly have a very different parenting style so it's only natural I would I disagree. My child has rarely ever had or needed punishments short of maybe losing tv time for awhile, or no treats that day, but I can still give him a "look" in public and he know to stop whatever he's doing. It's not that he's going to get in deep trouble when we get home, but he's going to get reminded that he needs to listen and not behave that way. I'm a perfectionist, my son is a perfectionist.... it's about not wanting to make mistakes ANYWHERE. It's not about fearing a dominant parent. Olivia would probably react the same way at school if she were caught doing something wrong. My heart goes out to Olivia for losing her doll and I do feel it's the wrong approach, however, I don't feel it's an obvious wrong way to go unless you've been in a similar situation before.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for the last few pages so ignore me if this has been discussed.

What is up with the descriptions in their vlogs now?
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201701 ... 6f33d1.png[/img]
I read this one and thought "wtf" and clicked on a few more vlogs and saw similar descriptions. They sound really weird to read.
flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

freshbalsam wrote:I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for the last few pages so ignore me if this has been discussed.

I read this one and thought "wtf" and clicked on a few more vlogs and saw similar descriptions. They sound really weird to read.
i'm guessing either she is awful at telling stories or trying to use and re-use phrases people might type in the search bar to make the video easier to find, kinda like a second tagging system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I think Joel is doing most of the editing and stuff these days. My husband would write it the same way.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

freshbalsam wrote:I haven't been able to keep up with this thread for the last few pages so ignore me if this has been discussed.

She mentioned the other day that Joel has been doing the vlogs. My guess is that it's him. Not sure why she wouldn't fix it though. Those are awful and very amateur looking. She wants to hang with the big fish now, she needs to start paying more attention to detail.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

I think Joel is moving into the world of YouTubing more than I thought he would by being with Jared and others and the amount he now does with their channel. He seems like he wouldn't fit in the YouTube world for good reasons since he is so different than the other three guys he is with in California. Joel doing this much with YouTube might be with Bonnie and Joel where their custom is the husband provides for the family.

I think for myself, I had hope he would start a business in his comfort zone like he stated interested in opening a laundromat. I don't think this is going to happen for the reason I think Joel likes the YouTubing job which is far less work than running a business/old job, traveling is fun which includes NY/California and being home with his family full-time. He also has much more time for leisure which includes skiing or going on his four wheeler. Perhaps most husbands would do this if given a choice vs working traditional forty plus hours a week jobs which can be hard. Joel was exhausted back in the old days for a reason working off hours and overtime.

We might see a name change in their channel in the future.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

tratra58 wrote:I think Joel is moving into the world of YouTubing more than I thought he would by being with Jared and others and the amount he now does with their channel. He seems like he wouldn't fit in the YouTube world for good reasons since he is so different than the other three guys he is with in California. Joel doing this much with YouTube might be with Bonnie and Joel where their custom is the husband provides for the family.

I think for myself, I had hope he would start a business in his comfort zone like he stated interested in opening a laundromat. I don't think this is going to happen for the reason I think Joel likes the YouTubing job which is far less work than running a business/old job, traveling is fun which includes NY/California and being home with his family full-time. He also has much more time for leisure which includes skiing or going on his four wheeler. Perhaps most husbands would do this if given a choice vs working traditional forty plus hours a week jobs which can be hard. Joel was exhausted back in the old days for a reason working off hours and overtime.

We might see a name change in their channel in the future.
I don't care if they change the name. It would make sense at this point. But I do agree with the rest of your points. It doesn't make sense to try and make Joel someone he's not. He isn't Jared. He's not into big showy tech stuff. He doesn't live for attention and showboating. He doesn't appear insecure with his life.... at least he didn't before.

I agree with you. Bonnie stroking back and having Joel vlog seems like an attempt to return to him being the provider that does all the work, while she just looks after the kids. That's a BIG change for their channel, and. It at all what they originally sold to people. I don't want to watch another E&J, even if I find Bonnie more likeable. This change is going to make Joel less likeable, and I'll just find that really disappointing and sad. Plus I don't think that's at all what is best for their family. A car wash and being true to himself would have been better. If Bonnie wants to wha big YTers then that's fine, but she should let Joel do his own thing.

Given that the last few meetups didn't generate the numbers they used to, I think these "gender trips" are an attempt to try something new. Including Bonnie and Joel could be a part of that. I'm sure tyebgirls want a trip, but I really don't think they want a trip without their husbands in tow and with one another. I don't think they are all that close of friends. It's business.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

The channel change name wouldn't be an issue for me either. I like Bonnie's channel when she vlogs her sweet side. I don't think she is a bad mom, but raised in a strict household and the interesting part she was a bit of a rebellious teen (stated in her vlogs). I think if she were to get a bit more flexible, watch the temper, think before you vlog things that you will likely get negative comments (edit out) she will have a near perfect family/YouTube channel. A good example to emulate is J House Vlog family channel and they've done very well on YouTube. I am pulling for Bonnie and Joel to do well!

I would also start distancing myself from E+J and they can now since they are at a point they have found success and no longer needs Jared and Ellie to increase views. I have grown use to Joel now as a YouTuber and it helps that he is such a good guy. I can see why Joel went to California being a fun trip, but I hope the contact with the others is pretty limited. My other suggestions, if there is a topic like the past couple of days with Jared with Lincoln...say nothing or "we are keeping this discussion a private matter within our family" which would let the subject go. Don't keep defying your viewers who are paying your bills. Personally, I would never leave my children alone with Jared.

I am going to add my last suggestion with vlogging. Watch Olivia who said she told on or "ratted" on her friend Allison to her teacher. Generally these conversations are private, but now her whole class knows she did this.

Bonnie should be congratulated with finding sponsors and being a very good business woman. She has done very well with little education in business, gone on her own instinct with working with sponsors and is gaining experience.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Joel was at Bryan's album party...
Gone are the days were we could see Jeol's faces and rolled eyes at Jared.

Embrace for #DBEJCKBJHopeYouCrashAndBurnVacay
malpal25
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by malpal25 »

Vincere wrote:Joel was at Bryan's album party...
Gone are the days were we could see Jeol's faces and rolled eyes at Jared.

Embrace for #DBEJCKBJHopeYouCrashAndBurnVacay
That hashtag is amazing! LOL!

I really hope Joel's personality doesn't change. We really don't need another one of them screaming at us and acting like they're 12.
seriously7
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by seriously7 »

Joel was more appealing when he was normal with a traditional job.

I predict the oldest sister Ruby and her husband Kevin are next and will go this direction. She ALWAYS complains how she feels she never sees her husband because of work and that she's practically a single mom.

It's like follow the leader with this family.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”